<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Momase Forum  

YANGORU SAUSIA

September 7 2011 at 9:44 AM
Anonymous 

Favourite for Yangoru Sausia is National Dev Bank boss Richard Maru. Wararu is going down and needs Somare's support to try to hold onto power.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
curious

Is Gabriel Dusava running?

September 7 2011, 10:19 AM 

Askim tasol. He is one great Yangoru leader with lots of sapot.

Respond to this message   
DONT MAKE ME LAUGH!!!!!!

Gabriel Dusava, another kon mangi!!!!!!

September 7 2011, 10:21 AM 

You call him a great leader, obviously fotgetting how he left Foreign Affairs Secretary - in humiliation, kicked out by a leadership tribunal!!!

He's as corrupt as the best of them.

Respond to this message   
Java

Richard Maru has a fair chance

September 9 2011, 1:05 PM 

We'll have to give the leadership of Yangoru Saussia to Mr. Richard Maru.

Respond to this message   
why?

Re: Richard Maru has a fair chance

September 14 2011, 12:46 PM 

Why Mr Maru? Do you honestly know nothing about him share with him ie are you another one of those blind ignorant supporters of PNG candidates?

Respond to this message   
Java

Thats mine and you may have your own views

September 14 2011, 2:06 PM 

We need vibrant leadership.

Respond to this message   

SERVANT LEADERS

April 28 2012, 1:45 PM 

We don't need just vibrant leaders and their so called corrupted comapanions,what Yangoru-Saussia needs is a servant leader with is companions, semone that has Godly principle that will be implemented when the right time comes...

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Is Gabriel Dusava running?

December 25 2011, 6:42 PM 

Peter Wararu still the Best for his People. Farmers of East and West Sepik Province will remember who he stood up for Sepik Coffee LTD and Sepik Cocoa LTD.

Respond to this message   
YuGuess?

Re: YANGORU SAUSIA

September 18 2011, 1:42 PM 

Let us give our fresh face sons/daughters of Numbo, Sausia, East Yangoru and West Yangoru a go at this elections.

I still like to see the old timers involved but to lead from the back in coaching and mentoring roles. Maybe advocate more for our young candidates by endorsing them.

For those old timers while you have a constitutional RIGHT to contest don't forget the other R, your RESPONSIBILITY, to groom and mentor future leaders of Yangoru-Sausia. You can still be influential in a coaching role.

To the old dogs, you've had your chances. Do not live it till too late, realise your limitations and start getting behind our young citizens and give them an oppourtunity to contribute to our socio economic developments.

Respond to this message   
oh gawd

September 19 2011, 6:15 AM 

You're telling us that the corrupt Gabriel Dusava have the responsibility to groom the next leaders of Yangoru Sausia?????!!!!!!!!!

Respond to this message   
YuGuess?

September 19 2011, 8:36 PM 

All of us as human beings are endowed with a sense of good and bad. I do not wish to dwell on the human shortcomings of our past elected leaders, except to promote the positive that the good qualities in all of them can be harnessed in a cooperative effort to progress Yangoru Sausia forward.

One such way to ensure growth of knowledge is to impart these good skills by investing in direct coaching and mentoring.

Candidates who are being groomed are of course leaders in their own right and are expected to make their own judgement by filtering and making use of information that is relevant to them and will add to their knowledge base. The essence of gaining knowledge is having it to apply it for the good of Numbo, Sausia, East Yangoru and West Yangoru.

In such roles our old timers are still contributing in politics and do not necessarily need to directly contest the elections.

It is time to pass the leadership baton to our young poniengus and neminengus.

Respond to this message   
!

September 21 2011, 8:31 AM 

Unless we spend some time on the shortcomings of past leaders, I can guarantee you that the new leaders will repeat exactly the same mistakes and end up exactly like the old leaders, with all their shortcomings.

Respond to this message   
YuGuess?

September 21 2011, 11:41 PM 

Fair enough comment.

However, the downside of the general public spending time dwelling too much on the negatives, and the point I endeavoured to make, is that there is always this tendency to develop an oversight and not seeing the good side of our past leaders.

As for the fresh face candidates who put their hands up to contests, they are leaders in their own rights and are expected to be able to conceptualise the pros and cons of their mentors' past failings and make a better judgement themselves.

Respond to this message   
sepik yokomo

Richard Maru under microscope

September 22 2011, 3:36 AM 

There are questions arising on how Richard Maru using his position and MD of NDB and granting micro-loans to his political supporters/voters in Yangoru/Saussia areas for businesses.

Respond to this message   
Java

He's done that countrywide

September 26 2011, 10:41 AM 

Richard Maru is rolling out NDB Program nationwide. Not only in Sepik or yangoru Saussia.

Respond to this message   
another scam

Re: Richard Maru under microscope

September 26 2011, 2:53 PM 

Micro loans that will never be repaid.

Oh no, another scam.

Our PNG pollies are brilliant with finding one legal loophole after another to buy votes without paying the price.

Respond to this message   
kunava

Re: Richard Maru under microscope

September 29 2011, 5:07 PM 

interesting to read about NDB managing director

Respond to this message   
Java

Richard Maru a definite winner

January 30 2012, 2:43 PM 

Latest is people in the electorate are asking him to stand. That's the assurance from the people.

Respond to this message   
Nali

Re: Richard Maru a definite winner

January 30 2012, 3:46 PM 

What PK you're talking. Who are all "these people" you're talking about. All you're doing is spreading bullcrap and you're not good enough in doing it that people can't figure out your true motive.

Respond to this message   
Java

That's the reality

January 31 2012, 11:00 AM 

I don't know what PK you're talking about. This post refers to Yangoru Sausia politics Thats the latest on the gound how can you change that.

Richard is winning by absolute majority! It's called people power

Respond to this message   
I believe you know who will win!

Re: That's the reality

January 31 2012, 1:21 PM 

The only way you would know if Richard was winning by an absolute majority is if you and your buddies have bought the election officials and fixed the votes. Think about it. There is no official polling in PNG and the elections are many months away so that's the only way you would know who would win.

Should we start the investigation now or wait until after the election?

Respond to this message   
Java

The indication shows

January 31 2012, 3:14 PM 

Mate theres nothing wrong with you puting up your candidate on this post and give your thoughts on why you think he /she has a fair chance of winning the Yangoru Saussia seat. Richard is my candidate and there are indicators that show the popularity of Richard Maru. You can go down to the electorate and do your own research and you will be surprised Richard is endosed by thousands of signatures. BTW the writs will be issued in one months time not many months away...wake up

Respond to this message   
go Richard go!!!!

Re: The indication shows

January 31 2012, 3:39 PM 

Of course most of those signatures were made up but that's ok, I have no problem with that. Richard is doing whatever he has to do to win. On your marks, get set, GO!!!!!!! May the most corrupt candidate take home the grand prize.

Respond to this message   
Java

You've never been to the electorate I guess.

February 1 2012, 9:46 AM 

Just take time off go to the village and get first hand info for yourself. You cannot just stay somewhere, fly in and win the election. That's why you think it's a grand prize.

Respond to this message   
PNG realities

Re: You've never been to the electorate I guess.

February 1 2012, 9:59 AM 

You most certainly can stay in POM, fly in and fly out to an electorate and win it. Wake up to today's electoral rolls, totally corrupt and policed by bribable electoral officials. Heaps of candidates are going to prevail in 2012 by simply focusing on vote stuffing and manipulation. Stay tuned.

Respond to this message   
Java

Electoral Roll

February 1 2012, 12:05 PM 

These things did happen before and will happen. You can certainly expect all these in an election. Only to a certain degree not totally corupt.

So you reckon my candidate is practising corruption you are wrong. Don't feel threatened you have a level playing field

Respond to this message   
2012 massive voter roll fraud

Re: Electoral Roll

February 1 2012, 12:11 PM 

I think you need to read carefully. The voter roll fraud this year is massive, far more than past years. Haven't you read the newspaper?

If this candidate is honest, I can guarantee you he will not win. Clip this posting out and save it for after the election and you'll find that I was right.

Respond to this message   

Richard Maru is the next MP fullstop!

February 6 2012, 7:53 PM 

Seriously, Richard Maru is the next Yangoru Sausia MP. I just returned from Wewak (ground level) and he's support is OVERWHELMING. Wararu's days are long gone- Wafi might even beat Wararu for the 2nd spot, who knows

Respond to this message   
who cares how much support they have?

Re: Richard Maru is the next MP fullstop!

February 6 2012, 8:45 PM 

Isn't it funny - how many times have people been elected with overwhelming support and turned out to be totally rotten fruitcakes. Why are we spending so much time here talking about who's got support or who doesn't. Isn't the real issue who would make a good representative to the people? We've made so many godawful mistakes already since independence I don't think we can judge quality of the candidate based upon how much support they have!!!! :-)

Respond to this message   

If u think Richard Maru isnt the man, why dont you run or suggest someone better, you fool-

February 9 2012, 9:12 AM 

You Wararu supporters are pathetic- stop posting **** on this page- accept reality that its over-
Richard Maru will enter the haus tambaran come June-

Respond to this message   
hmmmmm

Re: If u think Richard Maru isnt the man, why dont you run or suggest someone better, you fool-

February 9 2012, 9:22 AM 

What you keep telling us is that Maru is getting the election fixed behind the scenes and that's why it is a foregone conclusion that he'll win.

If you were supporting him based on merit alone, you would be writing in a different way:

(1) you wouldn't be predicting his victory (what's the point, anyway?)

(2) you would be focusing on his qualifications and sharing those qualifications with us instead of sounding like any empty headed drum with your constant superficial postings.

Reading your postings, its obvious what your thinking abilities are!

Respond to this message   

(To Hmmmm)- u are a joke!

February 9 2012, 6:26 PM 

Mate, i dont need 2 explain Richard Maru's qualifications- The whole of PNG will tell you- Why should i tell you something you already know about an Internationally Educated Business elite, who is the CEO of The successful National Development Bank, an elder in the SDA church, who changed the face of the bankrupt Agriculture Bank to what it is today! Why dont you tell me a bit about Mr Wararu Waraniaka.
(Ps- u yet sigarap lo talk bout qualifications)

Respond to this message   
not clear

Re: (To Hmmmm)- u are a joke!

February 9 2012, 7:39 PM 

Yes, but what I want to know is how a businessman like Richard Maru who is used to bossing people around as CEO can possibly function in government which is TOTALLY different than the way a business works. You don't have to be a politician to run a well established business and in fact, you might be a really bad politician.

Respond to this message   

u r talking nonsense-

February 10 2012, 12:08 AM 

mate, u are talking pure garbage! Its people like ririchard maru who shou
ld in parliament! He's defienately getting a top ministry also! If u cant suggest a better for yangoru/sausia then inap lo postim ol nonsense stupidity on this page and go get a life

Respond to this message   
Hemrewara Almighty

i agree- go mr maru

February 10 2012, 12:16 AM 

true that- if u cant suggest a better leader then stop writting and exposing your empty drum. Yangoru sausia will speak for itself come june

Respond to this message   
analyst

There's an even worse problem with bisnis pipol becoming pollies

February 10 2012, 12:32 AM 

It has been noted many times on scape that business people are in the business of making money. Money for themselves, mostly.

They get into politics and they still carry on with their old thinking.

Julius Chan is a perfect example, so is Peter Yama, and many others.

They get into office and they either spend the public time still bossing their private businesses OR they use their public access to funnel money into their private pockets.

Either way, electing businessmen to become pollies oftentimes leaves us with one big fat corrupt pollie.

Respond to this message   
Jane K. Wasanjo

"The analyst" is the same person using different pen names- hahaha!

February 12 2012, 9:33 AM 

who are you trying to fool with your different pen names? go get a life. Thumbs up for Mr Maru. Victory pinis-

Respond to this message   
LMFAO

Re: "The analyst" is the same person using different pen names- hahaha!

February 12 2012, 12:10 PM 

I hate to burst that little bubble of enthusiasm you have, Jane, but probably about 95% of scapers switch pen names all the time. Just like you!

Who have YOU been trying to fool, Jane?

Respond to this message   
Analyst #02933

Re: "The analyst" is the same person using different pen names- hahaha!

February 12 2012, 2:27 PM 

Not to mention that there are about 10 different 'Analysts' on scape!

Respond to this message   
Java

Yangoru Saussia deserves Better

February 14 2012, 10:19 AM 

Richard Maru is the right candidate to bring the lacking development to the electorate. For too long we have been suppressed. just open your eyes and see I don't need to tell you what the provincial administration is like.
There is hope in th horizon for yangoru saussia. Richard has roots in all of Yangoru Saussia and will represent the people well.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Yangoru Saussia deserves Better

February 14 2012, 10:58 AM 

All you've done is given us a bunch of empty headed rhetoric.

We want FACTS and FIGURES on Richard's qualifications. No more meaningless propaganda from his wantoks plis!

Respond to this message   
Chuchu Ainali Aun

Credentials of Maru

February 14 2012, 1:52 PM 

There is a need for some educated discussion on the Yangoru Saussia electorate contenders in the 2012 elections.This is not the time to character assisinate and gossip like without substance.If you are one of those stop it now,contribute smart ideas and not biased comments out of ignorance. Yangoru and Saussia have a number of potential contenders in the forthcoming elections,if you want your candidate to come home invest some of your quality time to secure the voter base.

Respond to this message   
savepes

credentials

February 23 2012, 3:53 PM 

This is what I know, please feel free to add:
1. Pro - Indigenous Business
2. Top Performing CEO of PNG
3. Awarded the "OBE" by the Queen in recognition of his efforts in economic development of PNG
4. Chairman of Mainland Holdings, commended for K80 million worth of growth
5. Took NDB from bankruptcy to being the best State Owned Entity in PNG
6. Board Director of several multi million corporations in PNG
7. Board Member of the SDA Church for the South Pacific, overseeing institutions like PAU and the makers of Weet Bix
8. Devout christian leader and preacher
9. Earned a Masters Degree in Strategic Management in England
10. Best General Manager for Shell in PNG

Respond to this message   
savepes

Impact

February 23 2012, 4:03 PM 

If Mr. Maru did all of the above for PNG, imagine the impact he would make in the electorate. He runs companies worth hundreds of millions, yangoru's tiny K3 million budget is nothing to him. That's the job he gives to his NDB branch managers throughout PNG. He is a transformational leader who is recognized every where in PNG. He could choose to run in Port Moresby or Madang or elsewhere and still win the elections because of his popularity. He is seen as the saviour of the PNG indigenous business people. Yangoru Sausia should be proud to have a national leader like him from their place and who is choosing to represent them in Parliment than any other electorate.

Respond to this message   
watch & wait

Re: Impact

February 23 2012, 9:30 PM 

Yangoru Sausia was once proud to have Gabriel Dusava representing them...... until he was kicked out for corruption by a leadership tribunal!

Respond to this message   
nien nava

credentials

February 24 2012, 8:26 AM 

thanks save pes for listing Mr. Maru's credentials. How about other intending candidates? I know that our sitting MP has a degree in politial science from UPNG then contested the elections a few times until he became executive officer to sir michael and won.

Who else is contesting? It would be interesting to compare apples with apples.

Respond to this message   
mangi ples

Maru's business credentials are a problem

February 24 2012, 12:12 PM 

The fact that Maru runs other people's businesses and not his own suggests that he can keep his little fingers out of the public purse if he gets in office. That's to his favour.

The weakness of businessmen is that government is NOT a business. To run business, you can just demand and dictate. To run government, you have to deal, compromise, and negotiate. Most business people just don't have the patience to do any of that and that's why they fail at politics.

Respond to this message   
Skelim

credentials

March 2 2012, 9:07 AM 

Maru's credentials only indicate his track record in business. There is a difference between being a "manager" and a "leader". It is the "managers" that fail in politics, NOT the leaders. Maru has demonstrated excellent leadership not only in Business but also in the church and community. Em gat pasin. Em save lukautim na holim man.

Take for example his leadership at his local congregational church in Port Moresby.
He has been the head of that church for the last 5 years and made it the most prominent SDA church in PNG, they pay millions of kina in tithe and offerings and are very active in community work. Members of the church that Maru is in charge of include MPs Don Polye and James Marape, and several former prominent politicians including John Giheno and Paul Torato, and also IRC Commissioner Betty Palaso amongst other VIPs. NO OTHER YANGORUAN HAS AS MUCH NATIONAL INFLUENCE AS MARU AND HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE IT TO YOUR GOOD IF HE BECOMES MP.

Respond to this message   
bruce

Best candidate

March 18 2012, 3:14 AM 

Just viewing the comments here it looks like a race between Wararu and Richard maru, but u never know a sausia candidate may win, Like hagoria did in 1997 and 2002 .

Lets hope whoever wins whether yangoru or sausia,whoever wins they must win in a fair way and when in office does they must do their best for everyone in yangoru sausia and not just his voters.

stap wantem yupela olgeta

Respond to this message   
turangu

Re: Best candidate

March 20 2012, 12:14 AM 

The next one to fill the seat will become as corrupt as the previous ones because we're all too lazy to keep our watchful eyes on them and call them out the moment we here that they're going out of control.

We reap what we soul, not only in Sepik but thruout PNG.

Respond to this message   
YuGuess?

Re: Best candidate

April 14 2012, 8:57 AM 

Poniengus and Nieminengus,

In my opinion Mr Richard Maru is already doing a stellar job in helping Papua New Guineans in his capacity as a public office holder and MD of ADB.

What else could he do differently in is capacity as member for YS?

If he is the MD of ADB I could see him working cooperatively with the member for YS in creating an environment in YS that is conducive for people to progress our lives.

Also the position of MD of ADB is a public office right? Is Richard Maru a public servant? Are public servants contesting elections supposed to resigne from public office 6 months prior to the issuing of writs?

From what I have learnt in the Media, I think Mr. Wararu has some charges pending.

If the contest will be between Wararu and Maru their is a highly chance of YS leaving up to its notoriously bad name as a 'by-election' electorate.

I am thinking that if Mr. Wararu wins he maybe charged with some of this pending cases and YS will go back to by-election.

If Richard Maru wins, Mr. Wararu might dispute his victory has not complying with requirements of public servants to resign from office to contest elections.

I am sure most of the constituents in YS hate by-elections and would like to shed this name tag and with this clouds of doubt hanging I will be very hesitant to cast and waste my vote to either of these two sons of YS.

Respond to this message   
Days

NDB is a SOE and not Govt. Dept

April 16 2012, 1:47 PM 

NDB is not a goverment dept or body so Mr. Maru does not have to resign. It is a company owned by the state through the IPBC. He can work on for as long as he wishes and can resign as late as the day before writs open. Refer to the NDB Act of 2007 for clarification.

Respond to this message   
Genuine 36~37

Facts

June 10 2012, 8:46 AM 

The fact is that wararu is a back bencher in parlerment, he is the Somare's little pet dog, wararu was only put in the seat by N.A through SOmare hence wararu does whatever SOmare wants.. He didn't poses a mind or intellect of his own,it's no wonder in his two terms despite having access to millions, he has not delivered any basic services~ no seals roads, no upgrading of schools, no health service etc. why do we have to go all the way to Mapric all the time..???.osem mi tok tsl, upla yet skelim.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

29 candidates contesting. Choose the best!

June 22 2012, 9:08 PM 

10 DENNIS MARUS
23 ISAIAH MATHEW SANDUMA
15 JOHN JAMINAN
36 JOHN NAURA
29 JOHN NICHOLAS
19 NORBERT MAKIS
11 RICHARD MARU
33 ROBERT POHORY
21 SILAS SUAGU
34 SIMEON MANIHIA
16 THOMPSON BENGUMA
22 TONNY HOMBIAGI
25 WILSON WARFI
32 BRIAN WARANDUO
30 ALPHONSE NAUI SAIHO
35 PETER WARANAKA WARARU
24 LUDWIG BONIENG MALIHA
26 KENNETH KAMBANEI
20 PAUL PATRICK HARRICKEN
27 SAM WAFI
14 MAX RAI
13 ALPHONSE MICHEAL HAMBIAN
17 SAMUEL PONGIURA
12 MORILOMO HOMIMIRLEY
28 BERNARD HUAFILONG HAGORIA
31 RAPHAEL HUAFOLO
18 JAME WAMUK WANGI

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: 29 candidates contesting. Choose the best!

June 22 2012, 9:28 PM 

My top choice is current member Peter Waranaka Wararu for standing up for the constitution and not being a YOYO.

Respond to this message   
SPY NAva

You are the same person comenting on Angoram and Dreks

June 25 2012, 1:07 PM 

Sorry you have no say. People on the ground will vote so just shut your mouth and watch the tally in the coming weeks.
Wararu will be replaced, Aimo will be replaced, Arthur will be replaced. Expect the unexpected.

Respond to this message   
SPY Nava

Did my predictions come true???

July 25 2012, 11:06 AM 

Don't open your mouth for nothing when you cannot have a say in the ballot. See what I mean?
People will decide not a scaper.

Anyway Congrats to the new MPs for Yangoru-Saussia, Angoram, and Ambunti-Dreks

Wanbel Niape

Respond to this message   
em nau

June 26 2012, 4:39 AM 

OK, let's play your game. What was the good side of Hitler? Or bringing to the present day, what's the good side of the North Korean leader? Or of Zimbabwe dictator Robert Mugabe?

Over to you!

Respond to this message   
Yomama

June 26 2012, 6:33 AM 

You sound like a young pessimist.Thats sad.

People can contribute meaningfully to discussions if they discuss issues with each other positively.Getting involved is the first step to group cohesion.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - YANGORU SAUSIA
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Momase Forum