<< Previous TopicReturn to Momase Forum  

Telefomin Open - potential candidates

September 8 2011 at 1:06 PM
Mono 

[REPOSTED FROM POLITICS BOARD]

Who can bring Telefomin District to Life??
September 5 2011 at 4:17 PM Mono

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possible Candidates for 2012.
1. Desmond Ohsan - Grade 12 - Employee with Ok Tedi Mining Ltd, married with 3 wives
2. Augustin Wama - Grade 10 - Employee with Ok Tedi Mining Ltd, married with 1 x wife
3. Samuel Tosh Kukuleng - Grade 10 - Employee with Ok Tedi Mining Ltd, Married with 3+ wives
4. Jack Apipnok - UPNG - currently working with Ok Tedi Mining, Maried with 1 x wife
5. Peter Iwei - Sitting Member - Educated up to grade 6. APO - wives (several)??
6. Nicholson Lapin - Working in Australia, Qualified Mining Engineer, married with 1 x wife who is an Accountant.
7. Steve Haop - Employee with Ok Tedi Mining Ltd, married with 2 x wives
8. David Hantapat - Grade 10, Employee with Ok Tedi, has 1 x wife
9. Solan - Grade 10 - businessman, married with 3 x wives

Edit Message Delete Message Unlock Thread

Author Reply
Pulap long rabis pasin
Re: Who can bring Telefomin District to Life?? September 5 2011, 4:32 PM

Is this honestly the best list you can come up with? Looks to me like a buncha 'me first' type people who care more about their sexual satisfaction than living a Christian family life. Sad for them. They do not deserve to be held up in the eyes of anyone.

Mono
Re: Who can bring Telefomin District to Life?? September 5 2011, 4:53 PM

Well, this is what they have been putting up since independence.
Not forgetting Tonny Buhupe(former MP) with several wives making a come back.

No wonder the district has not gone anyway. All they have been doing is to satisfy the lustful desires. Spending all the money on ladies.

The only person I see is Nicholson Lapin. Who is a capable youngman, who will if given the mandate, can make a real difference. He is God fearing and is a great achiever.

Telefomin, in the next couple of years will be riding on a mining and oil/gas boom and I pray that you will come up with a better candidate who can lead and bring some hope to the most isolated and undeveloped district in the country.

You can do better than this.

Boi Tumas
Re: Who can bring Telefomin District to Life?? September 5 2011, 5:13 PM

Nicholsan Dem Lapin,

yes i know that bloke he was good during our days at Passam National High School. He displayed leadership in class activites. A very good classmate.

Boi tumas

Nuguhm !
Nicholson Lapin is the one September 5 2011, 5:21 PM

If you want to see delvelopment through honest and hard working leadership, then Nicholson Lapin is your man. I was with him in my Unitech days and he was of very good and Christian character - I know his brother too Reuben Lapin. All of which come from very strong christian backgrounds. I am not saying they are perfect but Telefomin will have a good start with Nicholson - atleast we know who he is.....May God Bless Telefomin.

Wan-Bush Outsider looking in.

Tom D
Re: Who can bring Telefomin District to Life?? September 5 2011, 5:16 PM

How can you tell that Nicholson is "God fearing"? The corrupt Anderson Agiru is always proclaiming his love for Jesus and look at what a corrupt creature he is!

Nughuhm
Re: Who can bring Telefomin District to Life?? September 5 2011, 5:27 PM

Blockhead - why don't you go and contest ...We outsiders know Nicholson obviously better than you. Stop comparing Anderson Aigiru to him? Can't you shut up and start somewhere to evaluate your potential candidates to bring change ? The good comments about Nicholson are coming from around PNG so if I were you I would look in and try and see if he is really is the person that we are talking about .... Give me an example of any corrupt deals or allegations he has and I will list Aigiru's laundy list to you ...Lets be constructive here okay.

Get it in your head.

Mono
Re: Who can bring Telefomin District to Life?? September 5 2011, 5:33 PM

Here is a profile on Nicholson Lapin for those of you who do not know him.
http://au.linkedin.com/pub/nicholson-lapin/16/693/a81.
He is a great achiever and is a national leader in-waiting.

Nughum !
Re: Who can bring Telefomin District to Life?? September 5 2011, 5:35 PM

Thanks for that Mono ...guys lets have similar Profiles and see how they pan out. Then we can have some constructive Critics and pick out the best candidates for Telefomin 2012.

cynic
Re: Who can bring Telefomin District to Life?? September 5 2011, 5:37 PM

I want to hear what observers say about him, not what he says about himself. Obviously you have to be suspicious about what any candidate says to promote themselves.

KongoMX6
Iwei September 5 2011, 8:42 PM

Peter Iwei!! ha ha ha ha aa eeeee! a character of Telefomin oops et wara, croc hunter and ladies men! has had 2much grog... let m drink his own dirty wata now....

bro
Re: Iwei September 5 2011, 11:29 PM

I know Nicholson from Unitech days...by the way I'm a Western Highlander.
Telefomin District will make another big mistake by not voting him in for 2012. He is the only most capable person who can bring your district foward. He is a people person who can get along well with all walks of people and I don't see him letting you down. I wish I can be there to campaign for him come 2012. God bless Telefomin District.

twos
Re: Iwei September 6 2011, 4:45 AM

If you know him so well, you can tell us if he drinks alcohol, how much does he attend church, etc.

bro
Re: Iwei September 6 2011, 6:50 AM

He is is of sober habit - doesn't drink alcohol and does not like entertaining alcoholics and is still shining for the Lord today.
Enough said about him. Good luck bro Nick!!

Analyst
Re: Iwei September 6 2011, 7:03 AM

There is never "enough said" if there's nothing anyone has to hide. Let everyone come out with as many details as possible, that way we won't get fooled again when we elect a beautiful pineapple and later find out that it's totally rotten inside.

Transparency is the key to a better civil society in PNG. Let that transparency start here.

Stones
Support Nicholson Lapin September 6 2011, 1:18 PM

I am from Simbu and know Nicholson while in Unitech. His wife is an accountant and he is a mining engineer, working in Australia. He is highly paid and does not need to go to politics. However, if wants to sacrifice his job and go for politics, he has something in his heart to offer.

His non drinker, non smoker married only one wife, non betel nut chewer, non gambler. He goes to church with Baptist Church.

Let us support him.

Kange
Nicholson Lapin September 6 2011, 2:36 PM

Gentlemen ... I know Nicholson from the Unitech days as well. Very fine soft spoken gentleman with sobber habits and strong Christian background. Happily married now with a great job in Austraila - He is still a good man even today. Teleformin, if you want to move forward and progress, Nicholson is your young leader to take you forward and bring development. I hope he will leave is well paid job to contest the 2012 Election ... I know he will because he has a humble heart to serve with respect. Seriously consider him guys and you educated ellites of Telefomin, you may want to join hands with him to ensure his victory and move your electorate forward, which has been neglected for ages.

Please consider this young man.

Wanbush - Hagen Kange

Telly Oks
Wake up call September 7 2011, 10:31 PM

Well discussed, you good people of PNG. I wish my people at home could think and analyse candidates more carefully before they cast their votes.
All they go for is wantoks and easy handouts every election- what a shame. When will you people of Telefomin wake up from your ignorance?
Let us humble ourselves and ask God to reveal his chosen one instead of bringing people forward and asking Him to bless. Let us not dwell on people's physical attributes. There is obviously a spiritual problem within the district that hinders us from seeing from God's perspective.
Maybe the chosen one is still out there....KEEP SEARCHING from within your hearts.

Wanbus - Telly Oks

harby
Telefomin primitive selection of candidates September 7 2011, 10:43 PM

Ask God to reveal his chosen one? Mate, that stuff disappeared from today's developed countries hundreds of years ago. Instead, people in developed countries reckon that God gave people brains to use to pick the right people themselves. I reckon it's going to be a more effective strategy if we get off our bums, stop expecting God to do everything for us, and start doing stuff on using our own God given brains. Just a thought.

Telly Oks
Re: Telefomin primitive selection of candidates September 8 2011, 6:52 AM

Harby, I am not a primitive. You will be surprised if I reveal my true identity. I do not think you realise that there is moral decay out even in the developed world. Human beings have a limit in their capacity to choose well and that is where the spiritual factor comes in. You will never succeed if you work off your human brains only. There is a Higher Being out there who can help us to have a better tomorrow.

Wanbus - Telly Oks

Skelim Gut
Re: Telefomin primitive selection of candidates September 8 2011, 7:14 AM

They choose well enough in developed countries to pick leaders more often that are far superior to what we pick. That's through the fault of our non-thinking, non-analytical brains. I don't for a moment believe that we were born stupid. I think we make ourselves stupid by the "listen don't talk" classroom environment and the dumb attitude that "if we ask a question, everyone will see that we're stupid".

We already do enough praying. We need to do more action in developing our brains so that we at least catch up with the better analysis of candidates seen in other countries.

Telly Oks
Re: Telefomin primitive selection of candidates September 8 2011, 7:50 AM

TOO MUCH ANALYSIS CAN PARALISE YOU.

:-)
Re: Telefomin primitive selection of candidates September 8 2011, 7:53 AM

Wantok, I think we're a long, long ways from reaching any paralysis from doing good analysis!!!!!

Telly Oks
Re: Telefomin primitive selection of candidates September 8 2011, 8:04 AM

The elements in a person to analise are far greater and unpredictable beyond human imagination. A human being can be an angel one instant and a devil in a flicker of a second. That is my point, no matter how well we say we know a person today - that person will not be the same tomorrow.

Wanbus - Telly Oks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
sakman

Potential Candidates

November 28 2011, 3:46 PM 

I'm a Telefomin man and I've witnessed and voted the previous elections of tele and I still recomend the potential candidates to be none other than Alan Bong, Micheal Trintemnok and Kevin Bong..I don't even feel for any candidates to be contesting the 2012 tely election....
sakman

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Potential Candidates

November 29 2011, 7:56 AM 

Turu, but unfortunately none of this men will be contesting as far as I am aware.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Nicholson is your man for 2012 and beyond

December 2 2011, 9:52 AM 

All Telefomin/Oksapmins, Nicholson is your man. Go for him!!

Cheers
Outsider but an observer

Respond to this message   
for no particular reason

Re: Nicholson is your man for 2012 and beyond

December 2 2011, 10:09 AM 

WHY is he our man? Do you even know anything about his qualifications?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

December 2 2011, 10:53 AM 

Refer to the other comments above about him and you will know.
It's a pity you don't know about him. No wonder you are still in the stone age - not knowing your very high profile people in the district.

Respond to this message   
Nicholson is a PNG runaway

December 2 2011, 11:05 AM 

Nicholson is in Australia for a reason - to make money.

He cares more about his personal wealth than helping the people.

He would make a very poor leader for the Telefomin area particularly.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

December 2 2011, 11:13 AM 

He is not like you so keep your comments to yourself.
His personal wealth is none of your business. He is a great person I know of and is gonna be a great leader.
Telefomin will make another big mistake by not having him in.

Observer

Respond to this message   
because the thinks FIRST of himself

December 2 2011, 11:22 AM 

Mate, you're obviously a wantok or very good friend of Nicholsons, which is why you're not listening to reason.

Fact is that any PNGean who goes overseas to make money instead of staying back home and sacrificing on behalf of the country is certainly NOT going to be thinking of the people if he were elected into parliament.

He'd still be thinking of his personal salary and his personal wealth.

We don't want to have such a non-sacrificing person to represent Telefomin.

You can continue with your superficial rhetoric as long as you want, but the facts about Nicholson indicate right now that he thinks more about his personal wealth and comfort than that of others.

Disagree with me? Start sharing some stories about his life that indicate otherwise.

Over to you.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

December 2 2011, 11:28 AM 

He is there on his own merit just like another other professional working in Australia. Thumbs up to them all!! Working overseas doesn't mean that he has his heart off his people. It is people like you that is not giving him the opportunity. A close examination of all your candidates will make you want to support him.

Observer

Respond to this message   
End of Story

December 2 2011, 11:49 AM 

Let the record show that that the sole supporter of Mr Nicholson on pngscape is unable to give us a single, personal story to support his claim that Mr Nicholson's first priority is to his people and not his personal pocket.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Bring in your alternative

December 2 2011, 12:19 PM 

Who is your alternative? Bring fwd your man and we see. He would be another one of those still hiding in the caves of Telefomin - without exposure and experience.

These Oksies have a plan and they will win back the power they have held for years. For Telefomin LLG to succeed, then they have to come up with one candidate - else it's sitting member again or go back to Oksie land.

Observer

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Bring in your alternative

January 26 2012, 2:44 PM 

Anyone talking negatively about Nicholson are just jealous because they can not succeed in life like this fine young man.

Respond to this message   
Selkambang1

Not Jealousy----abt Giving

April 13 2012, 4:37 PM 

@ Anonymous...

Jealousy is not the issue here with whom the People elect for Telefomin despite one's sharpness, intellectual ability, success in life or what ever noble traits of an individual.Telefomin folks vote in any tom-dick & harry so long as he/she gives with out reservations and is famous for no nonesense mentality...is He contesting as I hasn't been home lately?

Respond to this message   
Selkambang1

People's choice

April 12 2012, 6:09 PM 

Does not really matter should any linguistic/tribal folk wins the elections so long as the current member is voted out and pls no more recycled ones too.

Vote for a change.

Respond to this message   
country man

The Foreigners

May 15 2012, 7:31 PM 

To us villagers we do not need the likes of Nicholson. You have gone to look for greener pastures for you and your family.How much have you contributed to the charity in Oksapmin. Have you assisted to build churches, schools, and even assisted to educate your immediate family members. We know you are a foreigner in Oksapmin so do not try luck in elections. People are not fools. Remember actions speak louder than words.If you want to be a politician come back home and live amongst your people so they will know you are genuine. They will definitely give you the mandate.

Respond to this message   
country man

The Foreigners

May 15 2012, 7:49 PM 

To us villagers we do not need the likes of Nicholson. You have gone to look for greener pastures for you and your family.How much have you contributed to the charity in Oksapmin. Have you assisted to build churches, schools, and even assisted to educate your immediate family members. We know you are a foreigner in Oksapmin so do not try luck in elections. People are not fools. Remember actions speak louder than words.If you want to be a politician come back home and live amongst your people so they will know you are genuine. They will definitely give you the mandate.

Respond to this message   
Take it easy

He's not contesting !!

May 16 2012, 10:53 AM 

Same on you mate. This guy is not contesting so leave him alone. How much have you contributed to the community in Oksapman and you are saying this? Where is your proof man? What he's achieved is none of your business. This is pure jealousy so take it easy man!!

Respond to this message   
Prove me

Prove me wrong

May 16 2012, 8:44 PM 

Mate,

He failed miserably in the regional seat in 2002.Go back home and prove me wrong. By the way who wrote his name as a contender in the first place. I stay in the village and have heard these comments from the voters.Please do not critise others.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Your mind as narrow as the valleys in Oksapmin

May 16 2012, 9:41 PM 

Mate, your mind is as narrow as those valleys in Oksapmin. This district (Telefomin/ Oksapmin) is a failed District and will remain like that because of such lunatics like you who can not think outside the box and make informed decision. Making decision on hand outs and cargo cult mentality is what people in Telefomin/Oksapmin are good at. No wondering this district is the least developed district in the country.

Observer

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 57 Next >
  << Previous TopicReturn to Momase Forum