Next Topic >>Return to Momase Forum  

Telefomin Open - potential candidates

September 8 2011 at 1:06 PM
Mono 

[REPOSTED FROM POLITICS BOARD]

Who can bring Telefomin District to Life??
September 5 2011 at 4:17 PM Mono

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possible Candidates for 2012.
1. Desmond Ohsan - Grade 12 - Employee with Ok Tedi Mining Ltd, married with 3 wives
2. Augustin Wama - Grade 10 - Employee with Ok Tedi Mining Ltd, married with 1 x wife
3. Samuel Tosh Kukuleng - Grade 10 - Employee with Ok Tedi Mining Ltd, Married with 3+ wives
4. Jack Apipnok - UPNG - currently working with Ok Tedi Mining, Maried with 1 x wife
5. Peter Iwei - Sitting Member - Educated up to grade 6. APO - wives (several)??
6. Nicholson Lapin - Working in Australia, Qualified Mining Engineer, married with 1 x wife who is an Accountant.
7. Steve Haop - Employee with Ok Tedi Mining Ltd, married with 2 x wives
8. David Hantapat - Grade 10, Employee with Ok Tedi, has 1 x wife
9. Solan - Grade 10 - businessman, married with 3 x wives

Edit Message Delete Message Unlock Thread

Author Reply
Pulap long rabis pasin
Re: Who can bring Telefomin District to Life?? September 5 2011, 4:32 PM

Is this honestly the best list you can come up with? Looks to me like a buncha 'me first' type people who care more about their sexual satisfaction than living a Christian family life. Sad for them. They do not deserve to be held up in the eyes of anyone.

Mono
Re: Who can bring Telefomin District to Life?? September 5 2011, 4:53 PM

Well, this is what they have been putting up since independence.
Not forgetting Tonny Buhupe(former MP) with several wives making a come back.

No wonder the district has not gone anyway. All they have been doing is to satisfy the lustful desires. Spending all the money on ladies.

The only person I see is Nicholson Lapin. Who is a capable youngman, who will if given the mandate, can make a real difference. He is God fearing and is a great achiever.

Telefomin, in the next couple of years will be riding on a mining and oil/gas boom and I pray that you will come up with a better candidate who can lead and bring some hope to the most isolated and undeveloped district in the country.

You can do better than this.

Boi Tumas
Re: Who can bring Telefomin District to Life?? September 5 2011, 5:13 PM

Nicholsan Dem Lapin,

yes i know that bloke he was good during our days at Passam National High School. He displayed leadership in class activites. A very good classmate.

Boi tumas

Nuguhm !
Nicholson Lapin is the one September 5 2011, 5:21 PM

If you want to see delvelopment through honest and hard working leadership, then Nicholson Lapin is your man. I was with him in my Unitech days and he was of very good and Christian character - I know his brother too Reuben Lapin. All of which come from very strong christian backgrounds. I am not saying they are perfect but Telefomin will have a good start with Nicholson - atleast we know who he is.....May God Bless Telefomin.

Wan-Bush Outsider looking in.

Tom D
Re: Who can bring Telefomin District to Life?? September 5 2011, 5:16 PM

How can you tell that Nicholson is "God fearing"? The corrupt Anderson Agiru is always proclaiming his love for Jesus and look at what a corrupt creature he is!

Nughuhm
Re: Who can bring Telefomin District to Life?? September 5 2011, 5:27 PM

Blockhead - why don't you go and contest ...We outsiders know Nicholson obviously better than you. Stop comparing Anderson Aigiru to him? Can't you shut up and start somewhere to evaluate your potential candidates to bring change ? The good comments about Nicholson are coming from around PNG so if I were you I would look in and try and see if he is really is the person that we are talking about .... Give me an example of any corrupt deals or allegations he has and I will list Aigiru's laundy list to you ...Lets be constructive here okay.

Get it in your head.

Mono
Re: Who can bring Telefomin District to Life?? September 5 2011, 5:33 PM

Here is a profile on Nicholson Lapin for those of you who do not know him.
http://au.linkedin.com/pub/nicholson-lapin/16/693/a81.
He is a great achiever and is a national leader in-waiting.

Nughum !
Re: Who can bring Telefomin District to Life?? September 5 2011, 5:35 PM

Thanks for that Mono ...guys lets have similar Profiles and see how they pan out. Then we can have some constructive Critics and pick out the best candidates for Telefomin 2012.

cynic
Re: Who can bring Telefomin District to Life?? September 5 2011, 5:37 PM

I want to hear what observers say about him, not what he says about himself. Obviously you have to be suspicious about what any candidate says to promote themselves.

KongoMX6
Iwei September 5 2011, 8:42 PM

Peter Iwei!! ha ha ha ha aa eeeee! a character of Telefomin oops et wara, croc hunter and ladies men! has had 2much grog... let m drink his own dirty wata now....

bro
Re: Iwei September 5 2011, 11:29 PM

I know Nicholson from Unitech days...by the way I'm a Western Highlander.
Telefomin District will make another big mistake by not voting him in for 2012. He is the only most capable person who can bring your district foward. He is a people person who can get along well with all walks of people and I don't see him letting you down. I wish I can be there to campaign for him come 2012. God bless Telefomin District.

twos
Re: Iwei September 6 2011, 4:45 AM

If you know him so well, you can tell us if he drinks alcohol, how much does he attend church, etc.

bro
Re: Iwei September 6 2011, 6:50 AM

He is is of sober habit - doesn't drink alcohol and does not like entertaining alcoholics and is still shining for the Lord today.
Enough said about him. Good luck bro Nick!!

Analyst
Re: Iwei September 6 2011, 7:03 AM

There is never "enough said" if there's nothing anyone has to hide. Let everyone come out with as many details as possible, that way we won't get fooled again when we elect a beautiful pineapple and later find out that it's totally rotten inside.

Transparency is the key to a better civil society in PNG. Let that transparency start here.

Stones
Support Nicholson Lapin September 6 2011, 1:18 PM

I am from Simbu and know Nicholson while in Unitech. His wife is an accountant and he is a mining engineer, working in Australia. He is highly paid and does not need to go to politics. However, if wants to sacrifice his job and go for politics, he has something in his heart to offer.

His non drinker, non smoker married only one wife, non betel nut chewer, non gambler. He goes to church with Baptist Church.

Let us support him.

Kange
Nicholson Lapin September 6 2011, 2:36 PM

Gentlemen ... I know Nicholson from the Unitech days as well. Very fine soft spoken gentleman with sobber habits and strong Christian background. Happily married now with a great job in Austraila - He is still a good man even today. Teleformin, if you want to move forward and progress, Nicholson is your young leader to take you forward and bring development. I hope he will leave is well paid job to contest the 2012 Election ... I know he will because he has a humble heart to serve with respect. Seriously consider him guys and you educated ellites of Telefomin, you may want to join hands with him to ensure his victory and move your electorate forward, which has been neglected for ages.

Please consider this young man.

Wanbush - Hagen Kange

Telly Oks
Wake up call September 7 2011, 10:31 PM

Well discussed, you good people of PNG. I wish my people at home could think and analyse candidates more carefully before they cast their votes.
All they go for is wantoks and easy handouts every election- what a shame. When will you people of Telefomin wake up from your ignorance?
Let us humble ourselves and ask God to reveal his chosen one instead of bringing people forward and asking Him to bless. Let us not dwell on people's physical attributes. There is obviously a spiritual problem within the district that hinders us from seeing from God's perspective.
Maybe the chosen one is still out there....KEEP SEARCHING from within your hearts.

Wanbus - Telly Oks

harby
Telefomin primitive selection of candidates September 7 2011, 10:43 PM

Ask God to reveal his chosen one? Mate, that stuff disappeared from today's developed countries hundreds of years ago. Instead, people in developed countries reckon that God gave people brains to use to pick the right people themselves. I reckon it's going to be a more effective strategy if we get off our bums, stop expecting God to do everything for us, and start doing stuff on using our own God given brains. Just a thought.

Telly Oks
Re: Telefomin primitive selection of candidates September 8 2011, 6:52 AM

Harby, I am not a primitive. You will be surprised if I reveal my true identity. I do not think you realise that there is moral decay out even in the developed world. Human beings have a limit in their capacity to choose well and that is where the spiritual factor comes in. You will never succeed if you work off your human brains only. There is a Higher Being out there who can help us to have a better tomorrow.

Wanbus - Telly Oks

Skelim Gut
Re: Telefomin primitive selection of candidates September 8 2011, 7:14 AM

They choose well enough in developed countries to pick leaders more often that are far superior to what we pick. That's through the fault of our non-thinking, non-analytical brains. I don't for a moment believe that we were born stupid. I think we make ourselves stupid by the "listen don't talk" classroom environment and the dumb attitude that "if we ask a question, everyone will see that we're stupid".

We already do enough praying. We need to do more action in developing our brains so that we at least catch up with the better analysis of candidates seen in other countries.

Telly Oks
Re: Telefomin primitive selection of candidates September 8 2011, 7:50 AM

TOO MUCH ANALYSIS CAN PARALISE YOU.

:-)
Re: Telefomin primitive selection of candidates September 8 2011, 7:53 AM

Wantok, I think we're a long, long ways from reaching any paralysis from doing good analysis!!!!!

Telly Oks
Re: Telefomin primitive selection of candidates September 8 2011, 8:04 AM

The elements in a person to analise are far greater and unpredictable beyond human imagination. A human being can be an angel one instant and a devil in a flicker of a second. That is my point, no matter how well we say we know a person today - that person will not be the same tomorrow.

Wanbus - Telly Oks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Potential Candidates

November 28 2011, 3:46 PM 

I'm a Telefomin man and I've witnessed and voted the previous elections of tele and I still recomend the potential candidates to be none other than Alan Bong, Micheal Trintemnok and Kevin Bong..I don't even feel for any candidates to be contesting the 2012 tely election....
sakman

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Potential Candidates

November 29 2011, 7:56 AM 

Turu, but unfortunately none of this men will be contesting as far as I am aware.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Nicholson is your man for 2012 and beyond

December 2 2011, 9:52 AM 

All Telefomin/Oksapmins, Nicholson is your man. Go for him!!

Cheers
Outsider but an observer

Respond to this message   
for no particular reason

Re: Nicholson is your man for 2012 and beyond

December 2 2011, 10:09 AM 

WHY is he our man? Do you even know anything about his qualifications?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

December 2 2011, 10:53 AM 

Refer to the other comments above about him and you will know.
It's a pity you don't know about him. No wonder you are still in the stone age - not knowing your very high profile people in the district.

Respond to this message   
Nicholson is a PNG runaway

December 2 2011, 11:05 AM 

Nicholson is in Australia for a reason - to make money.

He cares more about his personal wealth than helping the people.

He would make a very poor leader for the Telefomin area particularly.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

December 2 2011, 11:13 AM 

He is not like you so keep your comments to yourself.
His personal wealth is none of your business. He is a great person I know of and is gonna be a great leader.
Telefomin will make another big mistake by not having him in.

Observer

Respond to this message   
because the thinks FIRST of himself

December 2 2011, 11:22 AM 

Mate, you're obviously a wantok or very good friend of Nicholsons, which is why you're not listening to reason.

Fact is that any PNGean who goes overseas to make money instead of staying back home and sacrificing on behalf of the country is certainly NOT going to be thinking of the people if he were elected into parliament.

He'd still be thinking of his personal salary and his personal wealth.

We don't want to have such a non-sacrificing person to represent Telefomin.

You can continue with your superficial rhetoric as long as you want, but the facts about Nicholson indicate right now that he thinks more about his personal wealth and comfort than that of others.

Disagree with me? Start sharing some stories about his life that indicate otherwise.

Over to you.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

December 2 2011, 11:28 AM 

He is there on his own merit just like another other professional working in Australia. Thumbs up to them all!! Working overseas doesn't mean that he has his heart off his people. It is people like you that is not giving him the opportunity. A close examination of all your candidates will make you want to support him.

Observer

Respond to this message   
End of Story

December 2 2011, 11:49 AM 

Let the record show that that the sole supporter of Mr Nicholson on pngscape is unable to give us a single, personal story to support his claim that Mr Nicholson's first priority is to his people and not his personal pocket.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Bring in your alternative

December 2 2011, 12:19 PM 

Who is your alternative? Bring fwd your man and we see. He would be another one of those still hiding in the caves of Telefomin - without exposure and experience.

These Oksies have a plan and they will win back the power they have held for years. For Telefomin LLG to succeed, then they have to come up with one candidate - else it's sitting member again or go back to Oksie land.

Observer

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Bring in your alternative

January 26 2012, 2:44 PM 

Anyone talking negatively about Nicholson are just jealous because they can not succeed in life like this fine young man.

Respond to this message   
Selkambang1

Not Jealousy----abt Giving

April 13 2012, 4:37 PM 

@ Anonymous...

Jealousy is not the issue here with whom the People elect for Telefomin despite one's sharpness, intellectual ability, success in life or what ever noble traits of an individual.Telefomin folks vote in any tom-dick & harry so long as he/she gives with out reservations and is famous for no nonesense mentality...is He contesting as I hasn't been home lately?

Respond to this message   
Selkambang1

People's choice

April 12 2012, 6:09 PM 

Does not really matter should any linguistic/tribal folk wins the elections so long as the current member is voted out and pls no more recycled ones too.

Vote for a change.

Respond to this message   

The Foreigners

May 15 2012, 7:31 PM 

To us villagers we do not need the likes of Nicholson. You have gone to look for greener pastures for you and your family.How much have you contributed to the charity in Oksapmin. Have you assisted to build churches, schools, and even assisted to educate your immediate family members. We know you are a foreigner in Oksapmin so do not try luck in elections. People are not fools. Remember actions speak louder than words.If you want to be a politician come back home and live amongst your people so they will know you are genuine. They will definitely give you the mandate.

Respond to this message   

The Foreigners

May 15 2012, 7:49 PM 

To us villagers we do not need the likes of Nicholson. You have gone to look for greener pastures for you and your family.How much have you contributed to the charity in Oksapmin. Have you assisted to build churches, schools, and even assisted to educate your immediate family members. We know you are a foreigner in Oksapmin so do not try luck in elections. People are not fools. Remember actions speak louder than words.If you want to be a politician come back home and live amongst your people so they will know you are genuine. They will definitely give you the mandate.

Respond to this message   
Take it easy

He's not contesting !!

May 16 2012, 10:53 AM 

Same on you mate. This guy is not contesting so leave him alone. How much have you contributed to the community in Oksapman and you are saying this? Where is your proof man? What he's achieved is none of your business. This is pure jealousy so take it easy man!!

Respond to this message   

Prove me wrong

May 16 2012, 8:44 PM 

Mate,

He failed miserably in the regional seat in 2002.Go back home and prove me wrong. By the way who wrote his name as a contender in the first place. I stay in the village and have heard these comments from the voters.Please do not critise others.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Your mind as narrow as the valleys in Oksapmin

May 16 2012, 9:41 PM 

Mate, your mind is as narrow as those valleys in Oksapmin. This district (Telefomin/ Oksapmin) is a failed District and will remain like that because of such lunatics like you who can not think outside the box and make informed decision. Making decision on hand outs and cargo cult mentality is what people in Telefomin/Oksapmin are good at. No wondering this district is the least developed district in the country.

Observer

Respond to this message   

WORKING IN AUSTRALIA

July 20 2012, 6:17 PM 

Your comments are quite lame. If you see why there is a tremendous brain drain to australia is because PNG Gvonment and companies have nothing good to compensate them for the hardwork they have put in.

Unfortnately for many going overseas because there is a need and they are being paid well.

This is one of the things that PNG Government should look into in this elections and beyond. Revisiting all salary structures, conditions of workers so no one lives for australia.

Nicholson and others working overseas, they have worked hard and earned on merits.

If I had an opportunity I would being all PNGneans to work overseas so they are better compensated.

Respond to this message   

All confused

May 27 2012, 9:05 PM 

Telefomin Open candidates are:

Oksapmin 9
Telefomin 6
Yapsie 1
Edwaki 2

Population rough estimate:

Oksapmin LLG 13,000.
Telefomin LLG 8,000
Yapsie 6,000
Edwaki (Noumea) LLG 6,000

History has shown that only 50% of the voters will cast their votes. This should give us an idea of which LLG will win the race.

My rough estimate is that the current member or someone new from Yapsie or Noumea will take the seat. Telefomin and Oksapmin LLG have the population but too many candidates. Therefore, they will be less chance.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Potential Candidates

January 26 2012, 2:36 PM 

That is a cheap shot mate! There are far better ones than those three.

Respond to this message   
Wanples

Strong intellectually and leadership ability of a person

February 17 2012, 2:05 PM 

Good to see views on a number of potential contenders for Telefomin Electorate in 2012. Perhaps you might want to also consider amongst all characters 1. Godly or Christian 2. Intellectual 3. Leadership ability and above all articulate person. Raise the profile of Telefomin for the better not for regression.

Respond to this message   
EVALUATE these qualities!

Re: Strong intellectually and leadership ability of a person

February 17 2012, 2:23 PM 

None of the things you mention can be easily evaluated - they're all 'samting nating' terms that any sneaky politician can say they have, and others can promote those pollies as having, even if they don't.

1. Godly or Christion: Goodness, how many of our church going Christian pollies have stolen millions of kina behind our backs? How many (anderson agiru being the most blatent example) talk, talk, talk about being godly, god-fearing and Christian, all the while doing ungodly and un-Christian things behind our backs? The term God-fearing or Christian has become meaningless considering the blatent hypocrisy. So how do YOU propose that we evaluate this quality in candidates?

2. Intellectual: Another 'samting nating' term. Many of our pollies speak fancy and as if they are well read, then proposed absolutely insane, totally unrealistic projects that waste heaps of government money and make us all look stupid before the world. Very few, almost none of our pollies would be judged 'intellectuals' by any overseas educated people. We use this term for people who talk smart, even though they know nothing. So how do YOU propose that we evaluate this quality in candidates, and why is it even worth evaluating?

3. Leadership ability: This is the only criteria you've given that we can often judge in a candidate just by hearing stories of how they performed in past jobs or activities. But again, what actual things do we judge, if we want to assess a candidate's leadership ability? We have plenty of pollies that dictate, demand, command and instruct, but in the end you find that even if people listen, they don't follow any of what the pollie says. That's hardly an indication of leadership ability!

Respond to this message   
Wanples

What do you look for in a leader?

March 2 2012, 9:19 AM 

You seem convinced the intellectual and leadership ability of a person dont matter let alone christian values. In fact this values are crucial for Telefomin at this time when the world is fast changing and the electorate hosting another major mine in the country.We do not need intellectually weak minds to represent us in the national scene.Telefomin needs strong well learned and educated leaders who read beyong the lines and understand issues and chart a new chapter for Telefomin. Persons that demand respect from other countryman and fellow leaders and intellectuals.

Respond to this message   
Telly Oks

Re: What do you look for in a leader?

March 12 2012, 3:00 PM 

Wanples,
I agree with you totally. I wish there were more people like you who can see through the brickwall of confusion. Looks like another 5 years will be wasted.

Wanbus - Telly Oks

Respond to this message   
I think this is the issue

Re: What do you look for in a leader?

March 12 2012, 8:43 PM 

I'm pretty certain that this is NOT the issue - its not whether those qualities are important, the challenge is to distinguish in candidates who truly has those qualities versus who giamans those qualities or pretends to have them. Anderson Agiru is the most brilliant example of a completely corrupt politician who always places the face of Jesus in his campaign posters and acts like he's a God fearing Christian. Probably 90% of those who listen to him believe it and THAT'S the problem. Because he's faking the whole thing, and he's doing it to stay in power long enough to steal even more money.

The same issues apply to Telefomin. We needs concrete ways of evaluating potential leaders to determine just how capable they are to do well in a political position while behaving ethically and morally proper. Just because someone says they lead a moral life doesn't mean they do, but we MUST find ways to distinguish the good from the bad, not just based on their words.

Respond to this message   
Selkambang1

ALL BELOW PAR

April 13 2012, 4:48 PM 

Great list....none of them are leaders and capable of leading Telefomin...they'd obviously get jammed up in Waigani thick jungles as the old dogs.

Any more potential candidates as none of the list obviously seems fitting of todays age?...Jack is not contesting by the way from reliable sources.

Respond to this message   
Selkambang1

Few More..

April 14 2012, 12:37 AM 

Marioh Ruhup...Agricultural Officer- former OTML Employee
Jackson Pinen..Metallurgist,Lecturer South Pac Tech, former OTML Allied Workers Union President led the Strike of OTML's workers union rights and was terminated,Former Vice President PNG Trade Union, former Unitech Vice President & Was Former Sogeri National High President.

Choice is instinctively individualism though strong leadership and love for the people is of paramount tie-breaker for the people of Telefomin...alway note that Tele=far and fomin= call me by phone & so any potential candidates wishing to reverse Telefomin, am with you...Contigo...

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Few More..

April 17 2012, 1:17 PM 

Jackson Pinen is the most corrupt person you have mentioned here. He is not trusted at all by his own people. By the way, he is not a metallurgist as mentioned though he got his Bachelors Degree in Mineral Processing. He was only a lab technican with Ok Tedi who then became the Union President and got terminated.
Why not try other good people? It's not late for Telefomin District to come up with a better person.

Cheers,
Observer

Respond to this message   
Selkambang1

Few More..

April 18 2012, 10:11 PM 

@Anonymous

Thanks for the infor and truly Telefomin people gotta get a better person in as then all contesting are corrupt in one-way or the other.

Vote for a Change for Telefomin.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Sorry for Telefomin District - same old clowns into Parliament everytime

April 20 2012, 11:36 AM 

The people of Telefomin seems to be sending in clowns every time to the Parliament and they seem to get lost in the swamps of Waigani. Where are your so call educated Telefomin Leaders? Have gone overseas or stap where? Please elect a decent guy in and not someone clown like your current MP and his predecessors. No wonder Telefomin District is still in those dark ages. Don't see any changes in the near future unless a decent guy, educated enough and able to fight for his people stands this coming election.

Cheers,
Observer.

Respond to this message   

Still Lacking

May 15 2012, 7:15 PM 

I'm an educated elite leaving and working in PNG from Telefomin District. What I have observed is that people are not fools that can be manipulated by money and power. You can have the best brain, well educated, good salary but, to win the hearts and minds of the people of telefomin, you must be like them. It needs a social scientist to study and analysis the behaviourial pattern of these people. To these people what matters most is you must be like them, be in in their shoes in all facets of live. If you are living else where and wants to contest for Telefomin open, you will make the greatest mistake.Come back to Telefomin and win the hearts and minds of this people. They will give you the mandate to represent them. Telefomin people have far and wide analysed each of us educated elites,do not promote and demote, let the people choose. Remember God resists the pride and lifts the humble. if you have a heart to contest in the coming elections, pray to God who will grant your hearts desire. It is bad to exalt ourselves. Let people judge us accordingly.

Respond to this message   
Telly Oks

Re: Still Lacking

May 23 2012, 11:57 PM 

I am putting mysef up for nomination in 2017. Watch my space.

Respond to this message   
Rid PNG of Christians

Christians are the problem in our country

May 24 2012, 3:23 PM 

The real problem in this country is the Christians

They stole our identity, and they walk around thinking they are so good

They blame everbody who does not follow their crap, and then they put their hand out for money when you go to their churches

I say we get rid of them first

They are the problem in PNG!!!

Respond to this message   
Zzzzzzzzzzz

Kababu

May 24 2012, 3:56 PM 

Respond to this message   
2017 contestant

your name

May 24 2012, 7:23 PM 

Mention your name so will campaign for you in 2017.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: your name

July 12 2012, 2:47 PM 

Vote Ezekiel Fitfot for 2017 election.

Respond to this message   
2017 contestant

your name

May 24 2012, 7:25 PM 

Mention your name so will campaign for you in 2017.

Respond to this message   
Telly Oks

Re: your name

May 25 2012, 9:43 PM 

Telly Oks is my name for now.

Respond to this message   
full support

full support

May 25 2012, 10:06 PM 

Mate,

You failed to mention your name. I will contest in 2017. I have the support of my people.

Respond to this message   
Telly Oks

Re: full support

May 26 2012, 9:10 AM 

There is enough time to do that at a later date.

Respond to this message   
jihad

May 27 2012, 3:27 AM 

telly oks
yu pipia rabis. your anti _ christian rhetoric only shows your pedigree. really you're a real low life maggot! harim gut yu pipia rabis

Respond to this message   
Telly Oks

May 28 2012, 7:10 PM 

Jihad,
Do not get too excited. You may have mistaken me for someone else or taken my views out of context. Just read through my earlier responses to this forum. I have Christian values at heart. Let us not get too personal, as our words can speak volumes about ourselves.

Respond to this message   
Amarap Mahn

June 29 2012, 12:00 AM 

@Full Support, It's better to make your decision after observing the 2012 Election...

Respond to this message   
Avipmarn

People on be half

June 19 2012, 11:16 AM 

Tru tru it seems like the educated elites of Tele are blameing the people of electing puppet leader into the parliament but as an "original plesmarn" i should say, i have never seen any educated elites of Tele educating the poeple to do the selection of the right person

Up to you all the Telly Oks educated elites

Avipmarn

Respond to this message   

I TRUST ONLY TELEFOL EDUCATED ELITES

June 18 2012, 3:22 PM 

I read with interest in all your posts. Telefomin District suffered over the past 35 years in the good hands of Oksaps, Atbals and Edwakie. The following are the leaders who have lead Telefomin over the past 40 years;
1: Wesani Iwoksim (Telefomin)- Pre-independence
2: Felix Tapineng (Oksapmin)- a two time MP, Gr.6 education
3: Bop Nitin (Oksapmin)- Gr.6 education
4: Robert Ali Sakias (Atbalmin)- Grade 10 education
5: Tony Buhupe (Oksapmin)- Master Degree Holder
6: Peter Iwei (Edwakie)- Gr.6 education
7: 2012 National Election- (Unknow

Twenty donley years in the good hands of Oksaps
Five years for Atbalmin
Five Years for Edwakie

What have a Master Degree holder, Tony Atimeng Buhupe done for the people of Telefomin District unlike other former MPs with very lower education qualifications? So called "SAVE MAN" blo Oksaps cannot perform, it could be same to all educated man/woman from Oksapmin. What have you been contributed to the development of Telefomin, Oksaps have nothing to show for the people, hence we have suffered 20 solid years in your good hands, like wise Atbals and Edwakies.

I trust my own "SAVE MAN/MERI". If you Oksap give us Telefols the mandate we can take the district forward. We have the potential.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Istap isi

June 18 2012, 3:42 PM 

Kain liklik sumatin olsem yu stap isi na concentrate long studies bilong yu. You have a long way to go. You can not classify all Oksap saveman/meri with Atimeng. There are some genuine Telefomin/Oksapmin guys around but it's the stupidity of the people with their cargo cult mentality that is spoiling the chances for genuine guys. Telefomin saveman will not be different to any Oksapmin guy. Wankain t'sol.

Respond to this message   
Trefol Dagansok

Give us Trefol the mandate and we see

June 19 2012, 10:07 AM 

Yes, I agree with you. We have some potential leaders from both Oksap and Trefol. But can people give the mandate a Trefols and we see how go, people have not seen our potentials.

Concerned

Respond to this message   
tlsklwwrosd

Re: Give us Trefol the mandate and we see

June 19 2012, 11:04 AM 

Yah I see the potential very clearly - a potential DISASTER!!!!!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Stop promoting tribalism

June 19 2012, 9:46 PM 

Everyone wants to be a leader these days. Election after election, very genuine candidates have been trottled upon by the few who have influence, power and money due to greed, pride or even for the fun of it. Even the people voting have knowingly voted for candidates against their own consciences due to prejudice and external pressures such as the fear of being singled out as being not part of the interest groups. Unless, every individual voter exercises their own democratic rights to vote for anyone of their choice based on moral judgement, you will never get the best elected. It does not matter, whether the candidate is an Atbal, Telefol, Tifal, Elips,Oksap, Edwak or Mian or wherever, a person with a genuine conviction and heart can make a difference as long as the right candidate is given the mandate by the majority. History shows that sometimes people learn from their suffering and wake up and make better choices...whether it will happen for the district is anyones guess.
No one should promote their own candidates based on tribal, village or selfish interest groups. That is the least we need. Our past leaders have been the result of our own doing and we the voters are to be blamed for that. We have for a long time been a laughing stock in the eyes of the nation. We must put forward a leader that will be at equals with the best from other parts of the country and the world. We all know who our best are, but we let them down or even discourage them. Mark my word, no sensible person will ever come forward until the attitudes of the voters change.

Respond to this message   
Avipmarn

Re: Istap isi

June 19 2012, 9:03 PM 

I am frustrated to the respond of Jack Wantum's comment by saying "liklik sumatin concertrate long school". By the way this comment is the root of no unity and coperation in the politics and development of Telefomin. We don't want Oksap, telefol or Atbal politics, what we need is a vibrant Telefol leader and corporation for the village people, students and all educated and wealthy elites of Telefomin to contribute bright ideas to bring Telefomin forward and what Jack said is his right to voice his say because it is his future concern.

Thank you concern voter

Avipmarn

Respond to this message   
Ha ha ha

June 19 2012, 9:59 PM 

Avipmarn, tell him (liklik Jack) to go and preach to the people at home and not posting unnecessary generalised comments here. Oksies, Atbals and Edwakis will not give any Telefol any chances. You are well aware of that mate.
And by the way tell us who your Telefol saveman is and we will vote for him/her this election?

Respond to this message   
Avipmarn

June 19 2012, 11:15 PM 

@ ha ha ha,
Mate, Im not interested in your so called Save man or save meri but what Im in for is unity and corporation of all Telefomin. We must need views of classes of people to make valid selection of our leader.

It seems like because of you Big people with no coporation and respect for each other has resulted in people getting confused and sending puppet leaders into parliament.

Thank you

Avipmarn

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Telefols have been your own victims

June 20 2012, 12:40 PM 

@Avipmarn and Jack Wantum,
Telefols basically have been their own victums over the years. There is no real unity in Telefol politics. Very close relatives have been challenging each other for instance. How can you ask other sub districts to support you when you are all divided within your own area? Mind you, no Oksapmins, Atbals and Edwakis have been winning with your votes, (maybe only are few). They master numbers from their own areas. Telefol will only rule if you are united and come up with perhaps one or two candidates. This is my only food for thought for 2017 election.

Respond to this message   
Elips

2017 Candidate

June 21 2012, 9:04 AM 

I am one of the intending candidate for 2017 National Election.

Elips Man

Respond to this message   
Jack Wantum

June 21 2012, 9:12 AM 

@Ha ha ha,
Some of their names have been mentioned in the earlier posts by Sakman.

Liklik mangi

Respond to this message   
Observer

Telefols are no better

June 21 2012, 12:30 PM 

Telefomin district need leaders who have great visions. If you do not know the facts about some achievements of our past leaders then let me give you are summary in a nutshell; 1. Felix did his part by maintaining basic health and services. 2. Bob added some flavor. 3. Sakias even proposed some development stretagies. 4. Atimeng initiated and involve people to build Oksapmin to Telefomin road. 4. Iwei is yet to put in place a EMTV and Kundu 2 tower. What these past MPs have done are, they have tried their best to lay the foundation of change. You must also understand that seeking huge funding from donor agencies for major projects like building roads etc... is a lenghty process and it involves better planning. Therefore, do point fingers on the past members only you must also blame the past district administradeators like Lukas Banok who failed to provide the district planning data when he was tasked to do a 30-80 pages submission. No wonder why he has been only acting DA over the years.. Jack with all these necessary information you must also blame your own Telefol man. Great Observer....

Respond to this message   
Min Man

Good Point but..

June 22 2012, 12:01 AM 

While we can agree and applaud the past leaders for their achievements within their capacity, a new breed of leaders are sought for to bring on much needed development. A new leader needs to be highly qualified and have a high moral standing in society. When we talk about highly qualified pople, I am not talking about your average kind with degrees in arts fields. They must have both national and international credentials in technical fields such as engineering with leadership qualities who can not be easily intimindated by anyone. I am proud to say that we have a number of them holding very respectable positions of leadership overseas, that's something to be proud of for a remote place like Telefomin. Unfortunately, we the people of Telefomin did not give them any mandate in past elections and still despise them even today, saying they have gone away to better themselves, that is very short sighted,childish and shameful. This is their home also, give one of them a chance next time. If they can put their mark on the high seas, I am sure they will one day put a mark on Telefomin when they return.
I see that those running in this election do not match up to those boys overseas. I will reserve my precious vote for those boys overseas. Well done!, the boys Downunder. I am sure you will return one day to develop your place, you are there not by chance.

MM

Respond to this message   
hazz

Re: Good Point but..

June 22 2012, 4:32 AM 

We have HAD people with such degrees in parliament already in PNG and they are complete failures. They are technocrats not politicians and belong in the bureaucracy not in haus tambaran.

Look at the lessons learnt from other areas before blindly and foolishly repeating the same mistakes.

As to your other point about moral qualifications you are certainly correct on that one. The issue has always been that pollies all say that they are God fearing Christians when in reality very few of them are. So how does one distinguish between the fake and the genuine?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Support you MM

June 22 2012, 9:22 AM 

@Min Man, I fully support you brother.
There a five Min (Telefomin/Oksapmin) Engineers working in Australia making Min people proud at the moment and they are;
1. Alan Bong
2. The Lapin brothers (Ruben and Nickolson)
3. Kenut Ilbit
4. Patrick Nokesengim.

We should perhaps try one of them come 2017, (that is if they are willing to come back to PNG).
It's not that none of our current candidates/others can't perform but we need someone like them to lead us. We just don't want to be a number on the floor of parliament when it comes to debating on real issues affecting us. We've been forgotten for too long and people have been calling us names as most remote and isolated etc.

Keep making us proud guys down under. I know you will want to come back one day. I will preserve my vote for any of you.

Your other Min brother.

Respond to this message   
Observer

We need Leaders with great visions

June 22 2012, 10:08 AM 

I agree that we need leaders who have good morale standing in the community/ society with great visions. The leaders contesting do not have to be necessarily Engineers,doctors,Economists and Academics. What we need is simply a leader who has good leadership qualities to lead and bring much needed services to the people. Observer.

Respond to this message   
Min Man

Re: We need Leaders with great visions

June 22 2012, 1:43 PM 

Only good leadership qualities are just not good enough in these changing and challenging times. You need to have the experience and know what you are talking about and dealing with. Just because somebody can talk and make a lot of noise and maus wara doesn't make that person a great leader. We need the technocrats to lead the bureaucrats, that is what I personally believe in. Slow processes in development stem from having bureaucrats trying to lead the technocrats. That type of structure does not produce desired outcomes because the bureaucrates do not know how to bring on projects on time and on budget as they can not think it through the process from start to finish.

MM

Respond to this message   
LOL

June 22 2012, 4:15 PM 

Deals are made through crafty negotiation and horse trading. That's what politics are all about. Technocrats are usually very poor at this, they're too focused on their specialty.

If you know what kind of bridge you want to build but you don't know how to wheel and deal to get the money, you know what you have at the end of the day? NO BRIDGE!

Respond to this message   
Min Man

June 22 2012, 6:42 PM 

Craftyness will never get you too far. It is only a band aid solution. We need people with visions to plan for the future - not just five years. We need visionaries to set up the place beyond one's lifetime. What you do not understand is that there other avenues to source funding for projects. If you have the professional networks, that is easy. A good hunter knows how to hunt, he does not need to beg or steal.

MM

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

20 candidates contesting. Choose the best!

June 22 2012, 8:54 PM 

16 AKI FAGANENG SINGENI
10 AUGUSTINE B WAMA
28 EPIO TALIMO
12 JAMES ALEX KUMI
18 LINUS FOBEYOK NINESIENG
11 MARIOH RUHUP
19 MARY TABERTHA LANE
13 NATI SEBASTIAN SINENG
24 PHILIP MAWI
23 ROMMY TIMITHY OKSAM
27 SAMUEL TOSH KUKULENG
25 SISKI KUKUNTO
14 SOLAN MIRISIM
15 STEVE TOAP HOAP
26 DESMOND OHSAN
17 DAVID HANTAPAT
20 SIMON EYORK
22 ATMENG BUHUPE
29 PETER IWEI
21 JACKSON PINEN

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: 20 candidates contesting. Choose the best!

June 22 2012, 9:39 PM 

My first choice is Mama graun Mary Lane.

Respond to this message   
Telly Oks

June 26 2012, 8:40 AM 

My best 3 preferences for Telefomin open electorate for 2012 elections are: 1. Atimeng Buhupe 2. Jackson Pinen 3. Mary Tabertha Lane. What about yours? Choose wisely.

Respond to this message   
fed up

June 26 2012, 9:19 AM 

The whole friken election in hailans areas has been stolen-aren't you reading the newspapers? a better question is which candidate in our area is most likely to substitute the fake ballot boxes stuffed with votes in his own favour!

Respond to this message   
Amarap Manh

June 28 2012, 11:29 PM 

Telly Oks, why Tony Atimeng? What has he done to Telefomin when he was the MP..he has neglect the District ones and whats the point in re-electing him??? This is self Interest dude.
Oksapmins and Edwarkis turn is Over, Try Elect a Telefomin Candidate and see what he can do for the District.
Remeber to always try something new...Vote for Better Min.

Respond to this message   
Telly Oks

June 29 2012, 10:05 AM 

I see the point raise by Amarap Manh. If only Telefomin LLG can master their own number then it will be your game. Otherwise, Edwakis and Oksaps and Yapsies will go for goal! They will not give you Telefol any chance. I'm sorry to say this but its true.

Respond to this message   
Amarap Mahn

June 29 2012, 3:52 PM 

@Telly Oks;
I can assure you this time, 2012 Election is for Telefomin LLG. We are intaked and have turned out strong in numbers, an update from this week's polling in Telefomin LLG.

Respond to this message   

Now it's TELEFOLS

July 8 2012, 9:33 AM 

It's now and ever telefol have 100% posibilities in this 2012 counting election..According to political history of telefomin,the only tru change and a sustainable development put into the district was brought by no one else but it's by Wesani Iwoksim - and he is a Telefol.. All you former mandated members have done nothing like what he did, a sustanable and basic development is what we need. And I can tell you all that most of the pontential candidates of telefomin with degree and masters holder and business man contesting have being once educated under a high school institution which was once brought by Wesani Iwoksim who he was just a simple pastor with wisdom and creativity and a visionary leader.

Respond to this message   
Jack Wantum

June 24 2012, 3:02 AM 

I agree with you Min Man, only leadership qualities are not enough for an MP to represent Telefomin at the National Parliament. Telefomin needs a Vissionary leader who possess some good leadership qualities. On top of the leadership qualities are Educational Qualifications, therefore we need Accountants, Economists, Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers etc with quality leadership to represent us at the Parliament.
Come on boys....we have suffered so long and its time to make change come 2017 Election if our people fail to vote in a good leader in this year's election.

Respond to this message   
Telly Oks

June 24 2012, 10:25 AM 

Thank you Jack for your line of thinking. I totally agree with you. In other words we need leaders who have the right mixtures of both qualification and leadership experiences. So it does not matter what qualifications to look at. What matters the most is the leadership experiences shown at the district, provincial, national and even at international levels. Cheers Telly Oks

Respond to this message   
hako

June 24 2012, 11:21 AM 

You're hardly going to find anyone with leadership experience at the provincial, national or international levels who has any genuine heart for the people at all. District level, YES, you can find such people.

Respond to this message   
Telly Oks1

June 28 2012, 9:22 PM 

Everyone please note that the person posting as Telly Oks lately is not the same person who was posting on this site earlier. Whoever you are do not defame the real Telly Oks.

Respond to this message   
Amarab Manh

Re: Telefols are no better

June 29 2012, 12:29 AM 

Observer!!!
Stop *********** about their unimplemented services....like Tony Atimeng's Telefomin-Oksapmin Road, My Goodness it just a dream that a dreamer never had a capability of transforming into reality...

Respond to this message   
Telly Oks

June 29 2012, 6:47 AM 

Well, people like you did not give him another 5 years for fully implementing the road project. You must understand that to achieve reality it starts with a dream. The road project should have been transformed into reality if you have given him another 5 years because Peter Iwei can't do it.

Respond to this message   
Amarap Mahn

June 29 2012, 7:21 AM 

@Telly Oks:
You want people like me, a true blue Telefol to vote for Atimeng that time when he is using his incomplete road project as his campaign policy to convince people, get re-elected back to the Parliament's Back Bench??? What a joke Telly Oks!!! Such people like him and your cowboy member Peter Iwei are Dinasours. The taste in them have already extinct...try a young vibrant Leader......

Respond to this message   
Telefomin marn

One of these Candidates will win

June 29 2012, 3:26 PM 

The 4 likely candidates who would climb to the top are: 1. Peter Iwei (current MP) 2. Nati (Yapsie) 3. Solan (Telefomin) 4. Atimeng (Oksy)

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Kisim Taim Laka?

June 29 2012, 11:32 PM 

All you people in Telefomin District (Oksapmins,Telefomins, Edwakis and the likes) are as good as the people you vote for so do not keeping talking about your MPs. Talk about yoursleves first and judge yourselves on what you people are made of. This forum has been going on for far too long. Do you people have better things to do and discuss instead of wallowing in the mud of your own making like pigs. Shame on you all. I am ashamed of the silly child minded comments and remarks that has been going on in these discussions. You present your comments like kindergarten kids or a silly bunch of dropouts. When are you people going to grow up and realise how stupid you have been all these years. The more you talk and promote your MPS, the more you expose your own foolishness and stupidity to the world wide web community.

Respond to this message   
YU TOK TRU TASOL.....

Re: Kisim Taim Laka?

June 30 2012, 7:13 AM 

It's not just the people on this forum from Telefomin. Look throughout pngscape and you'll see the lowest level of maturity and the most superficial forms of debate. This pngscape content is evidence enough of the extremely low education we get and give in PNG compared to the rest of the world. Compare against the level of sophistication you will see on similar sides from other countries and you can't help but be appalled at the logic and level of conversation at this site!

I agree with everything you've said but would extend your comments to include nearly all participants of pngscape, not just those coming from Telefomin.

Respond to this message   
Stop the nonsense

Re: Kisim Taim Laka?

June 30 2012, 10:51 AM 

Your message to the people of Telefomin seems unrealistic. You maybe good at generalisation without considering a lot of those who are genuine contributors to the pngscape. So please stop making unnessary comments about our district. Look at your own back yard first rather than making negative statements about others.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Stop pretending that you are okay

June 30 2012, 4:25 PM 

My backyard is great, man! I am enjoying what I have worked hard for. It is you, that I am extremely sorry for. You guys have been paying the price from your own doing by not putting forward your best. Just compare what a tin of fish and a packet of rice costs in your area compared to the rest of the nation. You pay double or tripple the price what others in the nation pay for. Your cost of sending kids to high school and colleges is even higher due to your remoteness. Your education and health serves are run down and the list goes on. Stop pretending that life is cool up there as you have been suffering in silence for a long time. You are just lucky that Ok Tedi is close to your area and have been getting some benefits, otherwise you would have been worse off. If you had a genuine leader, you would have had a road to Tabubil which is your nearest town long time ago and would have taken advantage of the river port of Kiunga for the transport of your goods and services. You grow some of the best coffee in the country and yet you can not sell them at a profit due to the high cost of air freight. If you had a genuine leader, that leader will now be making plans to linking the small villages and stations to the Freida River port since that will be your next big project. Now don't make excuses that they are hard to come by or that is is the fault of the government in Waigani or the lack of funding, as the best person will always supplement his budget with other means of funding. You put a dead person in and you get a dead outcome, simple as that.

Respond to this message   
Stop the nonsense

Re: Stop pretending that you are okay

June 30 2012, 5:58 PM 

Simply look at your back yard. Surprisingly you will realise that you have new challenges and issues far worst that ours. Got it!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

June 30 2012, 11:55 PM 

I know your backyard but you don't know my backyard so stop justifying your innocence and accept the facts with dignity.

Respond to this message   
Stop the nonsense

July 1 2012, 8:53 AM 

Obviously you are aware of your own back yard and you know very well that revealing its true identity will make you irritate. No wonder why talking about the speck of dust in your brother's eye than to talk about the speck of dust in your own eyes. Look at your own eyes first.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

July 1 2012, 11:41 AM 

Let us not argue. What if I told you that I have a good paying job and live in an urban area and I am enjoying the benefits of working and making a good living. As far as life goes, I am happy so to say that my backyard is better than home. What one must understand is that it is the people in the remote parts of our beautiful home that are suffering. I would not have had to write up facts about Telefomin District if I did not care. You must understand that I am one of your tribes person putting forward a sad fact of reality to help us steer away from the mistakes of yester years. My heart breaks when people suffer so it is my wish that we choose carefully. I hope we have done that this time.

Over to you all. I have said enough already.

Respond to this message   
Jack Wantum

Anonymous: Good Challenges for the Educated Elites of Telefomin

July 1 2012, 2:55 PM 

I am a student and have felt the pain of struggles during my schooling life over the past 16 years. The future of my children and my people is the real concern.
What you Anonymous has been posting on this site about the facts of Telefomin is TRUE and I will not debate you for that. On the other hand, those facts are challenges for us the EDUCATED ELITES of Telefomin to really take into consideration if we want a real change and development in our district. I am from Eliptamin and don't want to be Elips forever walking up and down Dekim Mountain.

We should also know the fact that Telefomin is not the ONLY District suffering, there are other rural parts of the country who are suffering the same or worse than us.

Thanks to you all who have been discussing in this block...one thing you fail is that ALL of you did not include your real identities. If you were really concern about the development issues and real sons and daughters of Telefomin then you would have identified yourself, hence as a result some of you just get on each other at the end...

Thanks and enjoy yourself outside while our people suffer.

Real son of Telly

Respond to this message   
Tribesman

Counting

July 5 2012, 2:53 PM 

I'd like to know when counting in Telefomin will start. Other 3 electorates of Nuku, Aitape/Lumi and Vanimo/Green are scheduled for counting on Saturday.

Respond to this message   
Voter

Re: Counting

July 8 2012, 9:58 AM 

Tribesman, the counting schedules are as follows: Aitape/Lumi started on Friday 6:00pm. Vanimo/Green is now deferred to Monday (tomorrow). Nuku is also set for tomorrow (Monday). Telefomin will likely start on Monday or Tuesday depending on their preparation work. Counting for Regional will also start tomorrow.(Monday)

Respond to this message   
Poro_J@y

Update

July 9 2012, 11:49 AM 

Counting stat pinis or not yet...?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Update

July 9 2012, 12:01 PM 

I just heard from a source on FB that counting for Telefomin will start on Wednesday

Respond to this message   
kamensep

July 9 2012, 4:06 PM 

Please, can anyone update for Telefomin, counting start pinis oh??

Respond to this message   
Trangist

Counting Update for Telefomin Open

July 9 2012, 7:17 PM 

Has counting began for the Telefomin Open. I am living outside of the district, however keen to know the results. Weso.

Respond to this message   
Elipsman

Re: Counting Update for Telefomin Open

July 10 2012, 1:44 PM 

Mangi Trangap,
The counting is schedule for counting on Monday (9th July) ballot boxes for Edwaki and Yapsei areas are yet to be airlifted to Telefomin for counting, hence the counting is reschedule for today (Tuesday 10th) or Wednesday.

As of yesterday, I haven't heard any update from home as I am communicating with people who are on the ground involving in this year's election.

Respond to this message   
Elipsman

Re: Counting Update for Telefomin Open

July 10 2012, 1:51 PM 

Mangi Trangap,
The counting is supposed to be started on Monday (9th July) but ballot boxes for Edwaki and Yapsei areas are yet to be airlifted into Telefomin for counting. Therefore the counting is reschedule for today (Tuesday 10th) or Wednesday. If the ballot boxes are not arrived on time then it is likely that the counting will begin on Thursday or over the weekend.

As of yesterday, I haven't get any updates from home.

Respond to this message   
Trangist

Thankyou Nuhum Elipsman

July 10 2012, 5:58 PM 

Nuhum Elipsman, Weso for your update.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Thankyou Nuhum Elipsman

July 11 2012, 10:00 AM 

Yupla ol telioks...any update? Pasim maus go na kisim wanpela corrupt leader and he/she will define you the corruption.
UPDATE PLEASE.

Respond to this message   
Elips man

July 12 2012, 8:44 AM 

All ballot boxes from Edwaki and Yapsei LLGs have been air lifted to Telefomin Station for counting. The counting is suppose to start today or Friday but the security personnels from Oksapmin and Yapsei are still stranded so MAF pledged to help move the security personnels into Telefomin today (Thursday 12 July). Briefing for the counting Officials will be done tomorrow Friday 13, and counting will begin on Saturday morning and hopefully the declaration will be done mid next week or at the end of next week. Counting will be done in the Council Chamber in Telefomin Station.

That's the latest update on the ground.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

July 12 2012, 12:12 PM 

Misam oh...elips mahn

Respond to this message   
Voter

Counting @ Telefomin

July 14 2012, 1:56 PM 

Counting is now in progress for Telefomin Open. It has just started @ 1:30pm.. Watch out for the results of the 1st boxes.

Respond to this message   
Abrob

Re: Counting @ Telefomin

July 14 2012, 10:20 PM 

Oi yo.....wait lo arem countin update go na interest lus natin yah.....think its gud sign 4 our nxt up comin mp!!!!!!

Respond to this message   
Trefolmahn

Re: Counting @ Telefomin

July 15 2012, 11:11 AM 

Any update and results from home & can anyone put up the progrssive results for the counting?
Thanks.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Latest Update Telefomin Open

July 16 2012, 12:04 AM 

Interested Telioks,this is the latest update from Telefomin. After count nine (9) Tonny Atimeng leading with 1909, Solan 2nd with 1530, Peter Iwei 1252, James Kumi 1206,Nati Sineng 923, Epio Talimo 667, David Hantapat 644, Simon Eyork 360, Rommy Oksam 277, and others below that. Count 10 is coming up soon. May be torrow I will update. Looks like Solan may overtake Tonny.

Keep you informed.
Avip marn

Respond to this message   
?

Re: Latest Update Telefomin Open

July 16 2012, 3:07 AM 

For this electorate what candidate has been criticised as stuffing ballot boxes or engaging in other tricks. There has been at least one culprit in every electorate so far so whose the bad boy here?

Respond to this message   
Elipsaman

July 16 2012, 8:39 AM 

Thanks Avipman for the updates....keep updating us.

Respond to this message   
Bakan Bakeng

July 16 2012, 2:26 PM 

Avip marn, thanks very much for updates. May you cotinue updating us. Regardless of far from home, does not mean we have forgetten you. As saying goes "HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS. Remember we will be mean tribe forever.

May you enjoy your day.

Bakan Bakeng

Respond to this message   
President..

July 20 2012, 5:20 PM 

People of Telioks, Progressive Result after Elimination No 15 as at 19 Jul 2012 22:52 are as follows;

1. SOLAN MIRISIM (Independent) 6 617
2. Peter IWEI (PNG Party) 6 261
3. Atimeng BUHUPE (NA Party) 3 621
4. Desmon OSHAN (Indigenous people's party) 2 952
5. Nati SEBASTIAN SINENG (Independent) 2 626

Hopefully Solan is picking up good votes on every elemination so would possibly win or else IWEI would...Im not interested in the Declaration but how the newly elected MP can perform in the Parliament.

Looking forward to see some change from the new MP

Tied Pinis lo Tok2x but Telefol blut na ba hat lo lusim

Respond to this message   
SUMATINNNN

Congratulation New Elected MP Solan MIRISIM

July 21 2012, 8:22 AM 

Congratulation to the newly peoples' elected MP for Telefomin, SOLAN MIRISIM. May the Lord give him all the leadership qualities to lead Telefomin for the nxt five yrs.

He is our leader now doesn't mean he is a super hero..no he is just an ordinary person like you and me and will needs hands from all levels of tele citizens to at least do somthing good for our district.Therefore all your helps in one way or order and your cooperation is very much needed.

All and all, thank you once again to you all teleformin people for your choice in electing our new MP that will repressent us in the Parliarment for the nxt five yrs....Thank you all.

SUMATIN TSOL

Respond to this message   
Min Man

Re: Congratulation New Elected MP Solan MIRISIM

July 21 2012, 4:46 PM 

Hahaha.. This is what we have been dreading all along..another grade 10 dropout representing Telefomin again. Very interesting, Telefomin people are happy to send another puppet to make up numbers for other elite members. It will take probably a hundred years to put someone better. Anyhow, this is another Democratic process that has gone Democrazy.

MM

Respond to this message   
Amarap Manh

July 21 2012, 11:44 PM 

@Min Man:
Solan totally deserves that seat. It was the people's choice that came to fore. This young bloke has got big gunns all behind him who can deliver for you, people like Kevin Bong, Alan Bong, Michael Trintemnok and Patrick Nokesengim.
Anyway Congratulations Hon. Solan Mirisim on your Victory!!! A Telefol LLG history maker....

Respond to this message   
Min Man

July 22 2012, 12:15 AM 

Amarap Manh,
I hope you are right, only time will tell. I also hope your big guns do not ill-advice your young fellow to be greedy and partial as others have done for years. I also hope your big guns do not take advantage of your young fellow to better themselves.
Let us now close this chapter as the people have spoken..

MM

Respond to this message   
Amarap Manh

July 22 2012, 12:45 AM 

@Min Man;
Definately time will tell, otherwise if your form Yapsie or Edwaki or Oksapmin or Telefomin, put aside your little differences, jealousy, tribalism etc and work together to develope our district.
And bear in mind, this nig gunns don't see this as an advantage to better themselves, they are well off and are on their merit working in Australia and PNG. It is because of people like YOU that they wanted to help, therefore they sacrifice their limited time and resources to help in Solan's Victory!!

Respond to this message   
Min Man

July 22 2012, 8:24 AM 

Wantok,
When it comes to greed and money, being well off has not always been enough with human kind as people will continue to want more, even if they have plenty as history shows. I am not jealous, I am just trying to ensure fairness is maintained throughout the whole district. This has not been the case in the past when the Oksies, the Atbals and Edwakies were in Power. I also believe that, if I were a member, I would not only use my own Top Guns, but use Smart people from all around the District. The problem we have had in the past is that we have practiced tribalism whenever a member was elected by cutting off advisors from other parts of the District. Now, that is exactly what you are trying to promote again - thats very sad, sickenning and being short sighted. You see, some of us have good ideas but you can not share them if you stick to only a few from your own tribe. It is now over to you guys to make the most of the mandate the people have given to you. Whether you use, abuse or share that previledge given is up to you.

MM

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

GO SOLAN MIRISIM..

July 22 2012, 8:59 AM 

GO SOLAN MIRISIM...You have the portentials with all the mandate you have so go beyond what you expect and be CHARASMATIC leader of Telefomin. Having faith that you (SOLAN) will be a serving leader for another 20 years. Mr. Mirisim, you have define "TRUE LEADER" during times of staying with people...Finally and not the least on behalf of the community I (FAMONZ MARN)would like to take this opportunity THANK YOU for the great great service brought which you (SOLAN)know. It our pleasure having you in the Parliament.
Telefomin lies entirely on your hands now. Go SOLAN...Mangi Trefolip.

Respond to this message   
Bakan Bakeng

Re: GO SOLAN MIRISIM..

July 22 2012, 9:25 AM 

Remember, this is just first day of declaration. You've got long way to go. Take critics as challenges. If oksies, Atbals and Edwakies can not make it, now ball is in your (Telefols) court now and play the game. Think ahead and plan for what you can do for remote Telefomin/Oksapmin district and you may be claim another 20 years.

ONCE AGAIN " TAKE CRITICS AS CHALLENGES"

BAKAN BAKENG

Respond to this message   
NANTEPNOK ETOKMARN

July 22 2012, 11:33 AM 

Brothers and Sisters of MIN..seems like we just the same people on this site talking to ourselves and agueing with each other.

Therefore, i think we must atleast host a Teleformin Development Forum at Telefomin and invite all Tele elites and speak you thaughts...By looking at all of your comments I see all of you have the heart for your poeple as well as leadership qualities in you....note that if we do this Forum, we can give some good ideas to SOLAN MIRISIM rather than talking on our backs for him.

Please let us all try to put our hands together and do something rather then just standing talk...come on we can do it..why ba nogat,, we can do it, we dont have to rely on government only, there are many ways we could develope our district...

UPLA THING WANEM??????????

NANTEPNOK ETOKMARN

Respond to this message   
Min Man

July 22 2012, 12:31 PM 

Min Man is available if you invite him. I suggest we take our discussions out of this forum and meet through other social media like Facebook. I also suggest we all meet up at the end of this year in Telefomin Station and brainstorm some ideas with the new member if the member and you guys/girls make your time available.

MM

Respond to this message   

CONGRATULATIONS MR. MIRISIM

July 22 2012, 10:05 PM 

Solan,needs people like you and me to work with him. The people have spoken through the ballot. One thing I admire about him is that he has been a local business man who has stood with the people.He has gone his own way to assist whether in small or big way which most of us educated elites would not do. He has traveled the four corners of the district. He also has a fair idea of the different development challenges we have in the district. Owning business in remote Telefomin has been a challenge for him. He has bid the odd to prove otherwise. I am optimistic that with this business experience he will provide the leadership that the district needs to deliver to the people.

Please let us all contribute to bring telefomin to the next level. Solan is a guy who will listen and take heed of advise. My advise is that do not team up with old boys from the previous member. They have become cut and paste consultants draining all the funds from the district. We need to establish an executive management team to brainstorm ideas on how best we want to bring change to our people. The executive management should comprise of two elites from each of the LLG to work with Solan.

We also need to do an internal audit on the district funds before Solan can resume office because many funds have been misused.

Oksie Mahn.

Respond to this message   
blah blah blah

Re: CONGRATULATIONS MR. MIRISIM

July 22 2012, 10:10 PM 

The people have NOT spoken through the ballot. The corrupt bribing candidates are the ones who are speaking thru the ballot. Stop being so gullible!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

July 23 2012, 11:37 AM 

@: Blah blah blah

U ur self must stop bieng gullible, coz if ur judgement are on the grounds of 2nd hand infor...why not come home and see for urself b4 making comments....think some of you people dont come home fo decades and just spiting out words as if you are at home for rest of ur life

Every one can be gullible therefore try evaluate urself first and post...

Ha ha ha ha

Respond to this message   
KAYUM

Solan's abrupt respond to Oniel's request

July 23 2012, 12:02 PM 

Solan should have a good political advisor. His abrupt respond to the Oneil's request, seems to be suprising every one....hope he and his advisors has done a right choice

Observer

Respond to this message   
Sandaun pikinini

Re: Solan's abrupt respond to Oniel's request

July 23 2012, 12:14 PM 

Solan should have been loyal to Namah instead of Oneil.. We hope is move is in the best interest of Telefomin.. We do not want another back bencher again..

Over to you

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Good move by Solan

July 24 2012, 4:39 PM 

I am happy for Solan Mirisim's decision in joining Peter O'Neil's PNC Party. They are currently camping in Alotau.Belden could be ok but....that's his choice.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Good move by Solan

July 24 2012, 10:53 PM 

He must not consider himself to make decisions but must for the best interest of his people. Another thing, hope the Osapmin case by John tekwe "under age age child voting in Oksapmin" will not affect Telefomin open member.

Thank you

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

July 25 2012, 8:51 AM 

Oksapmin case of underage voting will be the big issue now, they might have nulify the victory of Solan Mirisim or challenge the victory of Solan at the Court of Disputed Returns.

Oksapmins are likely people to do that so they have done it and tarnish the good name of the district and Sandaun as a whole.

Respond to this message   
Dekimeng

July 27 2012, 12:17 PM 

@Anonymos;
Good point but one question, How many votes did the people of Oksapmin LLG gave to Solan? As long I'm concern, 7644 votes Solan got, about less than 500 votes were given whice includes the first and second preference. All the other votes (7000 ) are from his own LLG, telefomin and few from yapsei and edwarki!!! Keep telefomin away from your underage voting thing!!!

ta Dekimeng

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

July 27 2012, 12:36 PM 

Mangi Dekim-tigin, do you know that the underage children voting in the Oksapmin Station will affect the whole election process of the district, and even of the provincial seat?

Don't be narrow minded, if Peter Iwei and other candidates would wanto to bring the matter up to the court, they will do so for the disputed courts of return.

Mark my word, the electorate might be going for the By-election.

Respond to this message   
Oksap Han

July 27 2012, 2:05 PM 

Mangi dekim, you need to come out from your nutshell and think intellectually. The decission that will make regarding the underage voting is not you and I or the sandaun provincial government that will make decission, but its EC that will make decission. Mangi dekim, even you will not go against when by election is given. Who are you to argue with them? Stop childish sense here. Think ahead with brilliant ideas on how you will convert/convince their mindset.

And I tell you Solan get more than thousand voters from Oksapmin. You've been crying for it so we gave it to you. Otherwise current MP yet bai kisim. Rememver, you've got rouhly 8000 eligible voters. And you say that 7000 from telefomin is lie. Where did you place your other five candidates. Oksapmin population is twice than you telefols.
Solan victor is support from both oksapmin and telefomin.

But mangi dekim, pray strong olsem they wont be by election.

Oksap Han

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

July 30 2012, 8:53 AM 

Oksap Han
I tell you, under your leadership you have miserably failed the district for 25 years. Yes, we Trefols have been crying for so long not for Power but for Service.

You stop posting unecessary comments like what you said in your post that we have been "crying for it". Oksapmin mas develop longlong true na yu tok ya.

The underage voting is a very serious case and we might be going into By-Election after the court of disputed returns.

Oksap han, if we go into By-election, just get your own man into the parliament and do us suffer more.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

October 8 2014, 12:59 PM 

...still..the best every one is a leader of its own.....

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Telefomin Open - potential candidates
  Next Topic >>Return to Momase Forum