<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Momase Forum  

Basil Hijacked Bulolo Treasury

May 25 2012 at 9:36 AM
Mangi Bultaun 

Of all people who talk about transparency and accountability.This is what Sam Basil does for Bulolo.

There is no money left in the Bulolo District Treasury. All DSIP funds have been hijacked by Sam Basil. He takes the gov't cheques and deposits them into an account of his choice and controls the money from there.No proper accounting procedures are followed but the set district accounting procedures are overlooked. On top of that he either conducts all JDPBPC meetings at his home at 14mile outside Lae or never conducts them at all. People from Bulolo never had a chance to observe and comment.

I say that conducting public meetings at ones home is a clear conflict of interest especially when public funds are concerned and Basil is at will to dictate proceedings. Our leader is not being transparent and accountable here. And this is public money we are talking about. Democracy has been undermined. Corruption can breed or has already bred if ignorance prevail and leaders deviate from set systems.

We want to know how K50million of DSIP funds have been spent over the 5 years Basil has been in power. All we see is few footbridges, some goats and sheep, plus some VSATs and of course the power program for a few in Mumeng and Buang. The money spent on secondhand machines for District Road Maintenance program has been a waste because our roads are in a terrible state. Does all this add up to K50million?? Oh yes and the tens and hundreds of thousands of kina dished out to a single LLG alone.

I say that less than 40 percent of the electorate benefited from 90 percent of what Basil dished out. To his home and voters of course.What happens to the rest of the money is an enigma! Until of course Basil comes out and show us his annual returns.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Butown

Re: Basil Hijacked Bulolo Treasury

May 28 2012, 3:11 PM 

Guess what, he'll pay for it whether today or in eternity if he misused it.

Respond to this message   
boohoo

May 28 2012, 4:06 PM 

Dont use that an excuse to do nothing about it.

Respond to this message   
hot case

May 28 2012, 4:16 PM 

Power has always had a tendency to corrupt even those who were once innocent. Sam Basil has probably fallen into the trap and become drunk on power and become a dictator as a result. Maybe he doesn't trust anyone in the electorate to use money properly, has money actually been used properly in the past before Basil was MP?

Respond to this message   
MB

May 29 2012, 8:28 AM 

Wether money was misused in the past we may never know. However JDPB meetings were always held in Bulolo District. That was were core financial planning for the district was made.If Basil did not trust the system he could have refined or overhaul it. Taking money out of government accounts and putting them in your own account of choice is corruption.

Respond to this message   
Meri Wau

May 29 2012, 8:54 AM 

Well to begin with Mangi Bultaun was wrong about where the JDPBC meetings were held,just the same as he is wrong about Bulolo District Treasury funds being hijacked by Sam Basil.
From time to time there is no money in the District treasury and they cannot make any payouts.This happens, and has happened from the time the treasury was opened.They have to wait for quarterly allocations and if it is anything like any other money in any other provinces,it takes time to come in to the system.

Respond to this message   
MB

May 30 2012, 1:21 PM 

Meri Wau, please ask Mr.Basil to show us the annual returns for Bulolo 2007-12. We want to know where our K50million went!

thanks

MB

Respond to this message   
Meri Wau

May 30 2012, 1:36 PM 

You are all of his constituents so any of you are entitled to ask.
Me? I have moved out of Bulolo Electorate

Respond to this message   
MB

May 30 2012, 1:41 PM 

Then simply stay out of Bulolo politics.

have a nice day
MB

Respond to this message   
Meri Wau

May 30 2012, 2:19 PM 

I do not "meddle" in politics anywhere but simply reply if I think or know someone has the wrong conception about something and I am often asked direct questions which I also reply to.
I don't think this could be called "meddling" but as a Papua New Guinean I have every right to express my opinions and I always respond to my critics,which is more than some of you do.
As I hold considerable investment and have a lot of family in the Bulolo electorate I also have a right to an opinion.I have made considerable contribution and am wondering what you have done-hiding behind initials like you are.

Respond to this message   
The public deserves to know

Who is the former embezzler who spent time in jail but now serves Sam Basil in Bulolo

May 30 2012, 2:34 PM 

I've been told by reliable sources that one of Sam Basil's on the ground people served years in jail for stealing public money some years back. Believe he may have worked in Wau at the time. I can't believe that Basil would be so foolish as to use such a person.

Respond to this message   
The public deserves to know

Who is the former embezzler who spent time in jail but now serves Sam Basil in Bulolo

May 30 2012, 2:56 PM 

I've been told by reliable sources that one of Sam Basil's on the ground people served years in jail for stealing public money some years back. Believe he may have worked in Wau at the time. I can't believe that Basil would be so foolish as to use such a person.

Respond to this message   
Meri Wau

Re: Who is the former embezzler who spent time in jail but now serves Sam Basil in Bulolo

May 30 2012, 3:23 PM 

Yes the public certainly does deserve to know these things but if it is someone local,don't you think the people would be aware of him ,or her?
I honestly don't know about this but that doesn't mean it isn't true although I would be very surprised if Sam knew of this.My gut feeling is that it isn't true

Respond to this message   
excon

Basil Fratenizes with Criminals

June 3 2012, 1:53 PM 

We are not surprised that Basil engages excons in his team. The man is known for engaging hardcore criminals as his side-boys in Port Moresby since becoming MP.

Respond to this message   
ting2

May 29 2012, 8:55 AM 

Very true.

Print out all this and send to the USA embassy in POM. America has always been Basil's biggest supporter, they think everyone luvs him.

Respond to this message   
Has Sam Basil lost the plot?

June 3 2012, 7:29 PM 

Sam Basil promises to go to haus krais, then never shows up - one of the worst things you can do in PNG.

He promises to deliver certain types of assistance to different groups and gets his promises all written down. Then nothing happens.

I'm beginning to think he's a complete humbug!

Respond to this message   
Games up

We have your measure

June 11 2012, 8:05 AM 

Sam Basil is a very big disappointment. I have always been taught if you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas. Just look at the company sam Basil is now keeping. It says it all. He is no better than the other corrupt pollies in fact he is worse because he doesn`t have a single idea of his own he is just feeding off the parasites he is hanging around with.

Respond to this message   
WAKE UP, WAKE UP

Sam Basil has become a scumbag pollie

June 11 2012, 9:13 AM 

I agree with you.

A friend of mine says that back in Bultown Basil is throwing money around just like all his O'Namah buddies are doing in their own electorates. Heard that he's got people rapidly fixing potholes not the proper way but just throwing dirt into them hoping people will think the roads are now fixed.

Thats a measure of the corruption of Sam Basil.

I can't believe that Meri Wau hasn't seen all this from her better vantage point.

Respond to this message   
Meri Wau

Re: Sam Basil has become a scumbag pollie

June 11 2012, 7:24 PM 

Sorry about this but I am working in Lae and haven't been to Wau for some 3 months so my vantage point is no better than yours.
I alsao haven't seen Sam but once since he took on his new Ministry.I am sure you will criticise us both but he is working hard and so am I.

Respond to this message   
thank yu

Re: Sam Basil has become a scumbag pollie

June 11 2012, 7:28 PM 

When you see him plis pass on the word that many educated elites are very disappointed with the way he's throwing around money in his electorate all at the last minute. It looks exactly like vote buying and some church members are really pissed off at what looks like a transparent attempt at bribery.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Momase Forum