I guess you are very critical and that’s healthy discussion. I have highlighted certain attributes in intending candidates in my earlier posts if you have been following and spent some time reading through the thread. Please spare some time to read my earlier posts and I’m certain you will understand some important points. A voter who has a heart will have been visiting his place during Christmas breaks and holidays if he is living out of the district and feel what the people are going through.
Have a university qualification,
Have a stable family,
Is visionary and has a development plan for Chuave,
Is not dishing out money in thousands without any reasoning behind his giving (He will surely refund his money when he gets elected)
Has integrity and has the respect of the people not because of his wealth but is willing to assist when people are in need even after the election or non-election period and continues to do that.(Ongoing commitment and connects with the people)
I could go on and list a whole heap of them but your gut-feeling will tell you whether a candidate is genuine or just buying votes with hidden motives. You must be smart enough to distinguish between who is genuine and has the heart to serve and who is contesting to split votes and who is just there to make him/herself popular.
Note: Below is from my earlier post.
We must educate our people in whatever way we can to elect candidates based on the following criteria;
1. Knowledgeable or have acquired a university qualification or equivalent; debate national issues constructively and be able to secure funds for impact projects in the districts;
2. Must have a stable family and not having multiple wives;
3. Must be VISIONARY and have the heart and PLAN to serve the people;
4. Must have INTEGRITY and be honest and straight in his dealings; and
5. Be a man/woman of PRINCIPLE cannot be easily wavered and maintains his focus on his plans and vision for the district.
SPREAD IT FAR AND WIDE SO CHUAVE CAN ELECT A CREDIBLE LEADER.
Please feel free to contribute how you can tell.