Back to Highlands Forum  

PII LILYO

April 9 2012 at 4:48 PM
Kaimea-West Enga 

Response to IPATAS CENTER BURNT DOWN.

Don Polye is a good guy but has had no experience in public administration when he entered Politics. He was a public servant as an enginer on the roadsides only.

We can't really blame him if he doesnit do what he is supposed to be doing as MP or if he doesn't become the Prime Minister. He is simply an inexperienced young guy with best of all intentions to do something good for the country which he does not realise that he is incapable of performing. In the last 15 years of his term as member and Minister for Transport and Works he couldn't do anything for the Wapendanmanda Airstrip, couldn't build 25-30 kilometre stretch of road between Laiagam and Kandep, couldn't rehabilitate highlands high and could not connect Port Moresby to Morobe or SHP by road.

He is OK as a person but puts himself in a superiority position when he actually lacks experiences and has deficiencies in the technicalities of work and know how to provide leadership at the national level. I say this on the basis of his non performance assessment I have alluded to above.

Having said this, the most important question is, "Is he the right person to become the PM after 2012 election" as he is likely to have the numerical support by amatur and non discerning policticians? Supposing the Kandepens elect him in. I think not at this stage for the reasons given. What about O'Neil, Namah, Somare, Amet, Ipatas, Agiru, Amet, Maureta and Parkop. Not even one of them I beieve has the credentials of becoming the PM. May be we could consider Sam Abal (Pisirin)and Sir Julius Chan in the meantime whilst PNG is looking for a right person. Sam is ok but he is too pisirin. He has the experience and knows the system of governmence a little more better than his collegue Polye.

Anyway, Polye is the best the people of Kandep can offer to PNG until such time he is replaced by other educated Kandepens in the likes of Peter Mision, Herman Anep, Alfred Manse, Daniel Kumbon, Kenneth or any other person. Peter Mision seems to be an ideal candidate as he is more mature, sensible, a good orater and has been exposed to public life.

However, if Polye returns, I believe he should humble himself. Instead of lifting himself or promoting himself and living in a pretences life. Be real and let others see you and respect you when its due.

These comments are not meant to hurt Polye or promote any person but am expelling my personal views for the good of all of us. You can have your own views expressed. If you are a leader, you must accept such critisims and review your perfomance to improve your perfomance. During Enga singsing, the dancer does not see how he is performing on the field. It is the spectators who observe and assess the dancers and say that dance is this and that. I am speaking as a spectator.

Let there be no jealousies and envies. We are all brothers. Speak your heart.

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: PII LILYOTHE CORRUPT DON POLYEApr 9, 2012, 5:34 PM
  Polye, an intellectual lightweight.LOLApr 9, 2012, 5:52 PM
   Re: Polye, an intellectual lightweight.PipsApr 9, 2012, 6:11 PM
 Re: PII LILYOT.H.E. embarrasmentApr 15, 2012, 10:36 AM