This morning's hilarious full page colour adverts for JEFFREY NAPE & DON POLYE
The National Posted Jun 12, 2012 8:44 AM
The 2 adverts are hilarious in their own way.
Jefferey Nape is featured from head to toe in a wrinkled suitcoat and trousers. He can't even button his suitcoat he's so fat!!!!!!! And too bad we can see his shoes cos they haven't been polished!!!! In any other country, people would think he came off the street with donated clothes!. Our corrupt Nape makes sure he uses all the right buzz words in his advert: LEADERSHIP, STRONG AND STABLE GOVERNMENT, STRONG LEADERSHIP, NEW DIRECTION. Would Nape have a clue how to achieve any of this? All that a strong and stable government gives PNG is plenty of time for the pollies to learn how to steal more and more money. That's STABILITY!!!!
The Polye advert shows better smarts, but then again, who would be stupider than Jefferey Nape!!!! Polye realises how fat he looked in the last advert so now we only see his face. Unlike the stupid Nape, Polye is smart enough to always have his long beard which effectively covers up the double or triple chins that he's developed through sheer greed and gluttony. Polye's advert is titled "It's time for a new beginning" then everything listed after that are the same empty campaign promises like we've gotten from every single pollie for how many years now? To Polye's credit, he again gives what the stupid T.H.E. stands for in his advert but his campaign promises, are pretty laughable:
* Be transparent and fight corruption (the corrupt Polye is gonna do this???!!!!!)
* Strengthen and support the family unit (how many wives does Polye have? is it truly only one with no girlfriends on the side????!!!!)
* Provide opportunities for human development (what the hell does that mean??!?!!?!?!)
* Provide free basic education (yeah, basic education. we already have that in thousands of rural schools where students leave Grade 6 knowing BASICALLY NOTHING!!!!!!)
* Provide improved health care (you mean there's gonna be more than panadol on the shelves??????? WOW, big improvement!!!)
* Assist with affordable, permanent housing for all (now THAT's a cargo cult promise... although probably Polye is thinking of the "affordable, permanent housing" of POM's squatters with their tin roof shacks.
* Boast law and order (promised by every MP and PM in PNG since the beginning of time!!!!)
* Grow a diversified economy (you mean the rich will continue to get richer and relax away at the cinema every weekend while the poor will continue to get poorer? Yep, THAT's definitely a diversified economy!!!!!!!)