<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Highlands Forum  

Hagen Open

September 11 2011 at 12:54 AM
melpa kid 

Hagen Open is going to be between 2 main guys. William Duma will spend big but Simon Sanangke is going big too. People are tired of William Duma and his rule of elections with guns. Simon Sanangke from Gaming Board is the popular challenger and he will get big votes. People are predicting that Simon Sanangke will win.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
haus krai

Re: Hagen Open

September 11 2011, 9:05 AM 

Why would people vote for a fellow coming from the corrupt gaming board? Dis dont make no sense!!!!!!!!

Respond to this message   
Outsider

What About Glen Kuri & Frank Paul?

September 13 2011, 3:54 PM 

What about Glen Kuri from Kagamuga and Frank Paul from Enga residing in Hagen Central. I heard that these guys are contesting the Mt. Hagen Seat in 2012.

Respond to this message   
Anon Observer

Hagen Open

September 13 2011, 11:15 PM 

Haus Krai,

I am not in support of William Duma nor any candidates but in regards to Simon Sangenke, I believe he will contest under the National Alliance banner as he was appointed by Somare and his associates to be the National Gaming Board Director. Or for some reasons he contested as independent candidate, the voters could already see and sense his source as being a National Alliance man.

You know what Papua New Guinea think of National Alliance? National Alliance is a Somare family dictated party oriented and infected with corrupt leaders with intentions for personal gain and with the recent party split,National Alliance seem to be on the death end of the trail! This scenario leads Simon Sangenke to a down fall on his campaign trail with gains for Duma and other intending candidates.

I believe Western Highlands will not return any National Alliance candidates including Governor Tom Olga as we have suffered much under the National Alliance at the national level.

Anon Observer

Respond to this message   
danni

intergrity

September 22 2011, 5:52 PM 

I will asess the candidates based on the following before
I vote;

1. Married happily with one wife.
2. Has intergrity
3. Educated to some reasonable standards
4. Had exposure to both private and public sector...etc..

May God bless Hagen, WHP and PNG.

Respond to this message   
intergrity?

Re: intergrity

September 22 2011, 7:50 PM 

Intergrity?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

September 23 2011, 8:59 AM 

intergrity = honesty, uphold moral values, modest character....etc

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

September 23 2011, 9:00 AM 

Based on intergrity,, I think Glen Kuri is qulaified candidate in the hagen open seat..

Respond to this message   
Outsider

Support Glen Kuri

September 23 2011, 4:36 PM 

I am an outsider but I support Glen Kuri. He married one wife, non drinker, non smoker and non gambler. He is a man with integrity.

Respond to this message   
Jiks Namba

Re: Support Glen Kuri

September 28 2011, 4:20 PM 

Winston Churchill gambled and drank to excess and history remembers him as one of the greatest leaders of all time.

Respond to this message   
danni

September 28 2011, 5:00 PM 

Jiks Namba are you in directly saying that PNG need more drunkards and
gamblers?....explain further pls?

Respond to this message   

Glen Kuri for 2012!

October 5 2011, 11:25 PM 

Earlier this year I went to Mt. Hagen for a short break and I can tell you that the city is in a mess! Fully of dirty and rascals. While the market part was good, the whole city looks like a big settlement, somewhat like Soweto in South Africa. Definitely, this city reflects leaders like Duma and Olga. Olga is a small boy who had no experience at all in the formal employment sector and yet the Western Highlanders (supposed to be more mature among the highlanders)elected him to be NA's briefcase carrier.
As a school mate when William Duma was first elected to Parliament, I thought he will do better than the former member he unseated: Late Paul Pora because Duma is a high profile lawyer by profession with Master in Law from Aust. But alas, he turned out to be a big criminal. He (together with Arthur, Agiru and others) are responsbile for selling Hela Gas away to foreign vultures for their own belly! Duma has also benefited alot from the MOA funds; I guess someone should do a research and find out how much exactly the landowners gave to Duma as bribe money.Landowners paid him millions!
He is a young, highly professional man, capable of becoming a great leader in PNG but he destroyed himself and his city because of his own greed and selfishness! Hela Gas will cook him and his people so I am urging you Western Highlander, please don't vote Duma into Parliament! If you do, the curse will come to you as well. You City is going to the dogs because of his sin!

The other guy from the Gaming Board is no different from Duma...he appears to be a man of questionable character.

I would like to urge you to go for Mr. Glen Kuri. I am sure he is the man to rescue Mt Hagen and the Western Highlands Province. You need a man of integrity and Mr. Kuri possess most of the qualities of a good leader! I am a Hela man and I must tell you that this country needs leaders like Glen Kuri to rescue this country from going down to the dogs!

Respond to this message   
Tru Tumas

Full Support Glen Kuri 2012 Hagen Open

October 14 2011, 3:05 PM 

Full support Glen Kuri for Hagen Open in 2012.

Respond to this message   
Waima...

Correct PNG National Party-Simon Sanangke

October 17 2011, 4:36 PM 

Fellows , I think Simon Sanangke is National Party ,tru and tru,,and who is Glen Kuri anyways,,,

Game is on between SSK and Duma....Peace out

Respond to this message   
lawyer

Re: Glen Kuri for 2012!

February 17 2012, 12:27 PM 

Duma did NOT unseat Paul Pora. Paul Pora was kicked out by a leadership tribunal for financial monkeybusiness with public money. Get the record straight, don't try to change historical truths.

Respond to this message   
Jiks Namba

October 18 2011, 12:27 PM 

I'm saying your "criteria" is superficial and simplistic.
What a man or woman does in his or her personal and private time is their business. We as the voters should base our decision to vote for someone based on their leadership capabilities. You people need to start thinking beyond such narrow scopes.
Frankly, I dont care if my local member has 50 wives. I want roads, I want hospitals, better schools and basic services. Who he sleeps and drinks with in his private time is his business. If he/she delivers, they'll get my vote!
History has another example in John F Kennedy, a notorious womaniser but one of America's greatest presidents.
I dont think whether someone has one or two wives or has a history of womanising is a determinant of their ability to lead.

Respond to this message   
Pastor T

May 26 2013, 5:17 AM 

More drunk politicians will keep their attention away from money

Respond to this message   
Waima

Married to one wife

October 17 2011, 4:40 PM 

Both Duma and Sanangke are married to a wife each I think...

Respond to this message   
Reg Reagan

Re: Married to one wife

October 18 2011, 8:53 AM 

HAHA! Oh my god i just fell of my chair laughing. You obviously don't know Mr Duma.

Respond to this message   
Waima

Duma true true

October 18 2011, 11:52 AM 

OPsss I must be wrong but he as an Offical,,,,wife I think she lives in Cairns with his two sons....not...

Respond to this message   
Annonymous

July 3 2012, 4:11 PM 

Very true for Mr Duma know the family well and he is a humble man

Respond to this message   
get rid of him!

July 3 2012, 4:13 PM 

A humble man who seems completely unable to use government allocated money to build roads. Where are they? He promised!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

July 4 2012, 12:12 PM 

Duma humble long wanim hap....professional stil man long LNG yah oh yu laik haitim husait..yu mus kaikai pipia blong em olsem na yu tok istap, yu idiot,,,go insait long haus!!!

Respond to this message   
Jomba

SSK Nationa Party Man

October 17 2011, 4:59 PM 

He is a Papua New Guinea National Party Man,,,,watch this space in 2012,,only five months out..relax...

Respond to this message   

The Leadership Identity

May 25 2012, 1:51 PM 

Simon Sanagke(Boss by right)is not a NA candidate nor a independent candidate he is the party leader of National Party and this is Western Highlanders Party,you must update with the political importants on news papers before you put up such a confussing statment.

Respond to this message   
Waima

Corrupt...

October 17 2011, 4:42 PM 

Haus Krai....see where your standing ...only God knows whose corrupt whose not...People make a choice to take up Gambling and I suppose the Gaming Board does not force people into Gambling...
So your agrument is too too shallow son.....

Respond to this message   
ronganMasalai

Re: Corrupt...

October 18 2011, 10:38 AM 

Please ol Kange oh, rausim dispela ol settlement. its really destroying this City. I'll vote in a Hagen Open member who will clean the Settlements and squaters. Its becoming an eye sore.

Respond to this message   
Trupla PNG boy

Re: Corrupt...

January 30 2012, 6:04 PM 

hey checkim husait ol wokim daylight robbery long hagen town? ol asples or settlers? ol settlers tasol ranim olgeta plantation long whp, workforce long hagen town, developim taun since independence etc ... most asples kam raun tasol long taun, hi jack lo daylight, tromoi blame go long settlers... lets be fair. give respect where it is due people... husait man i bikhet long public ples (both settlers na asples), police mas mekim save lo ol and dampim long kalabus, not bikos they are settlers or asples, but because they are law breakers. PNG em bikpela graun, God i wokim dispela graun, i no ol asples o settlers i wokim. mipela ol man tasol, yumi lukautim tasol. God bless all thinking people of PNG.

Respond to this message   
Kuta

Sai

January 7 2012, 12:56 PM 

the reason why simon sanangke is suspended right now is because william got scared and insecure that he had real competition in the upcoming elections so he instructed "the powers that be" to investigate him.. sure theres been aligations of corruption but isnt it obvious that william is also corrupt... im not defending simon sanangke but i think he deserves a chance.

Respond to this message   
arowa gai

Glen

January 13 2012, 7:06 AM 

glen is the hope for hagen central

Respond to this message   
Yamka

money vs principle

February 1 2012, 3:44 PM 

it will be money against principles in hgn central. Duma and Sengeka will come with heaps of money but somebody like Glen will stand up for principle. Hgn Central must decide now. Money and other material gifts will disappear but principle based leadership will have lasting impact.

I will go for Glen because of this.

Respond to this message   
Q's

Re: money vs principle

February 1 2012, 4:27 PM 

I applaud you for voting for the candidate with the highest principle. In the end, however, Duma (most likely) but maybe Sengeka will win, because they know what to do and who to pay off (especially Duma) to manipulate the vote and come out the winner.

Respond to this message   
Not A Kange

Re: money vs principle

February 17 2012, 11:52 AM 

Glen has the qualification and experience and is a God Fearing men and also a Pastor- what more do you require of a leader.The other two will use money to win as people will not vote them without their stolen cash.

Respond to this message   
Wara

Money vs Principal

April 13 2012, 2:08 PM 

Money is ruling the country right,,Principles don't work anymore..

Glen Kuri can go for Council election...

Respond to this message   

Real Man

May 25 2012, 2:22 PM 

Simon Sanagke is a real people serving man,unlike others serve them self and their own tribes men,so lets us vote surch man so that he'll serve and we'll prosper and be careful of corrupt leaders who publish themself just recently because its look like they do not have vission to contest and others are suprising them just to interfear.

Respond to this message   
Slim Buddah

Simon Sanangke

February 1 2012, 9:21 PM 

Simon Sanangke will not oust william duma. Mr. Sanangke isnt a good role model to become a leader. You will find him drinking away in Lamana GC, Fortune Club at Waigani and if that not enough from saving his dignity to his people back home, you will see him at the Highlander Sportsmens bar and pokies area. This guy is a fully blown alcoholic and poker addict. Hagen Central people, is that the type of leader you want to elect to parliament? William Duma potrays the opposite of Simon. Hageners are very cunning people. They can eat, wine and sweet talk to you but they know who to throw their vote too. The same old and young supporters hopping on Mr.Sanangkes vehicle when he arrives in Hagen, going on a drinking spree with him, are the same people that do the same with William Duma. That is why, williams challenger will not be simon. The challenge will be between william and other intending candidates

Respond to this message   
Kange

Duma is finished

February 17 2012, 1:58 PM 

The next member for Hagen will be Simon Sanagnke.
Em tasol toktok planti maski.

Respond to this message   
ha ha ha

Re: Duma is finished

February 17 2012, 2:10 PM 

Thanks Kange, It's good to see yet another posting supporting Simon that doesn't give even a single detail as to why you support him. You're just another fellow who instead of thinking, likes to blindly support your wantoks, huh?

Respond to this message   

Get lost duma

February 17 2012, 2:20 PM 

Open your eyes mate coz Duma is even worse than Saningke wen it comes to pokies and beer, not forgetting that Duma is also a womeniser and a bigtym crook.. That power hungry disgrace must go..

Respond to this message   
Good Lord, what have we sunk to?

Picking between 'bad' and 'worse' is ridiculous and shows we have no talent at home

February 17 2012, 2:26 PM 

Are you listening to what you're saying? You wrote, "Duma is even worse Saningke wen it comes to pokies and beer." Cmon, why do we have to pick between Candidate Bad versus Candidate Worse? Don't we have enough human resource talent in our electorate to actually elect a decent person, instead of choosing the one who will steal millions versus the one who managed to steal tens of millions.

What low standards you're setting for our candidates. Who taught us to set such low standards for ourselves? That isn't a very good symbol of self confidence, is it?

Respond to this message   

Duma never won an election' ....

February 19 2012, 7:40 PM 

TRUTH
William Duma has never won an election, 2002- Late Paul Pora won 2007- Thomas Dagi would have won on the 2nd count....

William Duma will cheat like the two previous ones and will still win....
Nogad quality blo m moa...corrupt leader...

But its the truth--- M ba still WIN nometa how much we hate and say all kinds of things and support and vote whoever.

Respond to this message   
Slim Buddah

Of course you knew about it..!!!

February 23 2012, 11:08 AM 

Oi (name thief) Andrew Trawen, comming from you, it was true how
william six foot won...hahaha

Respond to this message   
Ambai

Re: Of course you knew about it..!!!

February 24 2012, 10:29 AM 

William 6 foot?????????....my gosh, yu must be one blind. Duma is goddam 4.5 feets and short and UGLY!

Respond to this message   
Outsider

Nxt generation Leaders

February 24 2012, 1:27 PM 

This country needs young professional leaders who are visionary and you have heart for people. I heard rumurs of a young chap who is vying for Hgn Central - We have all the talked about heavies as you spelled down but mind you BENJAMIN KETEGU is seen to be a young vibrant leader in the likes of Sam Basil and I know he has the people at heart.

Outside Observations.

Respond to this message   
Current Generation

Leaders

February 24 2012, 2:27 PM 

Don't mention Sam Basils name here.
He is not a vibrant leader as the media claims him to be.
He is just a Waigani and Media leader,won't come back.
Talk about Hagen Open and who will give a good challenge to Duma.

Respond to this message   
Jiks

Duma more or less Mr 10%, will loss

April 13 2012, 1:50 PM 

Bata, Duma is MR Ten Percent(10%), and did you see James Yoka's press release on the bul 10,000 for Jika Milikamb people,,todat they have no council, since it was about to expose their ghost names...
Ghost names, money and threatening voters,,won't work this time since,,Jika vs Jika,,,,relax,,,Slim Budahh,,
You see now adays money talks...Belden Namah is holding the country at ransom with Money....

So little boys like Glen Kuri, and others you will not win,,,,

I will write again on this wall when Simon Sanagke is the Hagen Open Member...

Jika,,Anti Mr 10%......

Respond to this message   
Jiks

Simon Sanagke

April 13 2012, 2:24 PM 

Duma more or less Mr 10%, will loss April 13 2012, 1:50 PM

Bata, Duma is MR Ten Percent(10%), and did you see James Yoka's press release on the bul 10,000 for Jika Milikamb people,,todat they have no council, since it was about to expose their ghost names...
Ghost names, money and threatening voters,,won't work this time since,,Jika vs Jika,,,,relax,,,Slim Budahh,,
You see now adays money talks...Belden Namah is holding the country at ransom with Money....

So little boys like Glen Kuri, and others you will not win,,,,

I will write again on this wall when Simon Sanagke is the Hagen Open Member...

Jika,,Anti Mr 10%......

Respond to this message   
Ella Mates Kange

Sanagke is a Tru Leader

April 16 2012, 11:43 AM 

Despite the recent criticisms about Mr Sanagke in the recent media articles I would comment that Mr.Sanagke is still the Best.See how he has done so far especially in Hagen Central.As a Gaming CEO He delievered alot of services like;connecting power to tribes,building bridges,bringing water supply within communities and helping grassroots between 5-10000 kina from doing little projects under the community benefit fund scheme.Unlike Mr Duma spending millions of peoples money into its own tribesmen for construction purposes. Where is the 10 million Hagen city maintenance fund? Where is the 7.5 million kina for Kagamuga Kelua road sealing?The money goes to Jiga Milikambs unregistered and illegal construction company?Am I right?Spending huge millions of Kina in Balg Komnga and in Moika for simple Association registration.What a ****!
Open your eyes come on,Mr Sanagke is not an MP but as a CEO He has done much for the District.I am therefore saluting him for His effort.No doubt you're the next member for Hagen Open.

SSK,King Sai,Jiga Boss, 4 2012!!!!!!!

Respond to this message   
Ru Ku Mong Wukona

Sanagke is the man

April 17 2012, 3:29 PM 

As a non politican,I am agreeing to what Ella Mates Kange has said.From my personal view Duma is the fellow that has to be defeated and infect its gonna be tough.Therefore we want some tough contestants like Mr.Sanagke whose gonna give a good challenge.No more guns and bush knives this time.We want to see the real man voted to the Parliament by the people.And that guy is indeed Mr Sanagke as I can see from the movement of people.But that cunning Duma is also working around the clock to find some ways to make it through the parliament next year like He jumped from the windows with guns in 2002 and in 2007 elections.

Respond to this message   
GET REAL

Re: Sanagke is the man

April 17 2012, 7:00 PM 

The only candidate that can possibly defeat Duma is someone who can pay bigger bribes to switch the votes. Hagen Open hasn't had an honest election in many years. Why are you all so ignorant of that fact, have the corrupt pollies managed to hide the ballor stuffing and vote rigging THAT well?

Respond to this message   
The Prophet

David vs Goliath

April 28 2012, 4:50 PM 

Glen is the David that will put down the goliaths in Duma and Sanagke.

Duma and Sanagke are broad day light robbers. They think their money can will this time but they are in for a big supprise.

Jigas are too prould and a man from a small tribe like Glen will now humble all lot of you.

Glen will give new hope and direction to Hagen Central and soon rise as a new breed of highlands leader.

Time for corrupt and manupulative means for winning election is comming to an end.

The Golliaths will soon fall

Respond to this message   
Ella Mates Kange

Stop saying Nonsense

May 3 2012, 1:47 PM 

The prophet,you keep on saying Glen.Let me tell you this,I reside just next to Glenn's residence in Kagamuga and I still havent heard of him contesting the 2012 election and yet you are still calling Glenn's name.Shut Up!Hagen Central people never new about a guy named Glen Kuri.Why na yu strong.Em nogat name blo em ya.The game is between SSK and Duma.Stop wasting your time when people dont know this name Glan Kuri.U lukim sampla lain base na sapotim em na u tok o?U must be a blind man.Nogut ba yutupela Glan ba sem ya lusim.

Respond to this message   
Ella Mates Kange

Stop saying Nonsense

May 3 2012, 1:48 PM 

The prophet,you keep on saying Glen.Let me tell you this,I reside just next to Glenn's residence in Kagamuga and I still havent heard of him contesting the 2012 election and yet you are still calling Glenn's name.Shut Up!Hagen Central people never new about a guy named Glen Kuri.Why na yu strong.Em nogat name blo em ya.The game is between SSK and Duma.Stop wasting your time when people dont know this name Glan Kuri.U lukim sampla lain base na sapotim em na u tok o?U must be a blind man.Nogut ba yutupela Glan ba sem ya lusim.

The winner will be of course people like Sanagke or Yoka.

Respond to this message   
danni

Future

May 3 2012, 3:08 PM 

We need msn of principles to represent the Hagen Open Seat.
Both Duma and Sanage do not qualify. Lets think for the future
and act now. Let us not think Party, Tribe, mangarapa. Lets think
FUTURE.

Respond to this message   
Jiks Kala Kai

Stop saying nonsense

May 14 2012, 3:27 PM 

I agree with you Ella Mates Kange.Don't go for Mr TEN PERCENT(10%) which is DUMA.

Respond to this message   

Duma womanisazer

May 25 2012, 2:39 PM 

In 2007 after wining the election he kidnep the wife of stanly pill and this is not the type of leadership we want as a voter because other wise he'll do the same thing after this election.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Hagen Open
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Highlands Forum