<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Highlands Forum  

Hagen Open

September 11 2011 at 12:54 AM
melpa kid 

Hagen Open is going to be between 2 main guys. William Duma will spend big but Simon Sanangke is going big too. People are tired of William Duma and his rule of elections with guns. Simon Sanangke from Gaming Board is the popular challenger and he will get big votes. People are predicting that Simon Sanangke will win.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
haus krai

Re: Hagen Open

September 11 2011, 9:05 AM 

Why would people vote for a fellow coming from the corrupt gaming board? Dis dont make no sense!!!!!!!!

Respond to this message   
Outsider

What About Glen Kuri & Frank Paul?

September 13 2011, 3:54 PM 

What about Glen Kuri from Kagamuga and Frank Paul from Enga residing in Hagen Central. I heard that these guys are contesting the Mt. Hagen Seat in 2012.

Respond to this message   
Anon Observer

Hagen Open

September 13 2011, 11:15 PM 

Haus Krai,

I am not in support of William Duma nor any candidates but in regards to Simon Sangenke, I believe he will contest under the National Alliance banner as he was appointed by Somare and his associates to be the National Gaming Board Director. Or for some reasons he contested as independent candidate, the voters could already see and sense his source as being a National Alliance man.

You know what Papua New Guinea think of National Alliance? National Alliance is a Somare family dictated party oriented and infected with corrupt leaders with intentions for personal gain and with the recent party split,National Alliance seem to be on the death end of the trail! This scenario leads Simon Sangenke to a down fall on his campaign trail with gains for Duma and other intending candidates.

I believe Western Highlands will not return any National Alliance candidates including Governor Tom Olga as we have suffered much under the National Alliance at the national level.

Anon Observer

Respond to this message   
danni

intergrity

September 22 2011, 5:52 PM 

I will asess the candidates based on the following before
I vote;

1. Married happily with one wife.
2. Has intergrity
3. Educated to some reasonable standards
4. Had exposure to both private and public sector...etc..

May God bless Hagen, WHP and PNG.

Respond to this message   
intergrity?

Re: intergrity

September 22 2011, 7:50 PM 

Intergrity?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

September 23 2011, 8:59 AM 

intergrity = honesty, uphold moral values, modest character....etc

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

September 23 2011, 9:00 AM 

Based on intergrity,, I think Glen Kuri is qulaified candidate in the hagen open seat..

Respond to this message   
Outsider

Support Glen Kuri

September 23 2011, 4:36 PM 

I am an outsider but I support Glen Kuri. He married one wife, non drinker, non smoker and non gambler. He is a man with integrity.

Respond to this message   
Jiks Namba

Re: Support Glen Kuri

September 28 2011, 4:20 PM 

Winston Churchill gambled and drank to excess and history remembers him as one of the greatest leaders of all time.

Respond to this message   
danni

September 28 2011, 5:00 PM 

Jiks Namba are you in directly saying that PNG need more drunkards and
gamblers?....explain further pls?

Respond to this message   
Igiri

Glen Kuri for 2012!

October 5 2011, 11:25 PM 

Earlier this year I went to Mt. Hagen for a short break and I can tell you that the city is in a mess! Fully of dirty and rascals. While the market part was good, the whole city looks like a big settlement, somewhat like Soweto in South Africa. Definitely, this city reflects leaders like Duma and Olga. Olga is a small boy who had no experience at all in the formal employment sector and yet the Western Highlanders (supposed to be more mature among the highlanders)elected him to be NA's briefcase carrier.
As a school mate when William Duma was first elected to Parliament, I thought he will do better than the former member he unseated: Late Paul Pora because Duma is a high profile lawyer by profession with Master in Law from Aust. But alas, he turned out to be a big criminal. He (together with Arthur, Agiru and others) are responsbile for selling Hela Gas away to foreign vultures for their own belly! Duma has also benefited alot from the MOA funds; I guess someone should do a research and find out how much exactly the landowners gave to Duma as bribe money.Landowners paid him millions!
He is a young, highly professional man, capable of becoming a great leader in PNG but he destroyed himself and his city because of his own greed and selfishness! Hela Gas will cook him and his people so I am urging you Western Highlander, please don't vote Duma into Parliament! If you do, the curse will come to you as well. You City is going to the dogs because of his sin!

The other guy from the Gaming Board is no different from Duma...he appears to be a man of questionable character.

I would like to urge you to go for Mr. Glen Kuri. I am sure he is the man to rescue Mt Hagen and the Western Highlands Province. You need a man of integrity and Mr. Kuri possess most of the qualities of a good leader! I am a Hela man and I must tell you that this country needs leaders like Glen Kuri to rescue this country from going down to the dogs!

Respond to this message   
Tru Tumas

Full Support Glen Kuri 2012 Hagen Open

October 14 2011, 3:05 PM 

Full support Glen Kuri for Hagen Open in 2012.

Respond to this message   
Waima...

Correct PNG National Party-Simon Sanangke

October 17 2011, 4:36 PM 

Fellows , I think Simon Sanangke is National Party ,tru and tru,,and who is Glen Kuri anyways,,,

Game is on between SSK and Duma....Peace out

Respond to this message   
Jiks Namba

October 18 2011, 12:27 PM 

I'm saying your "criteria" is superficial and simplistic.
What a man or woman does in his or her personal and private time is their business. We as the voters should base our decision to vote for someone based on their leadership capabilities. You people need to start thinking beyond such narrow scopes.
Frankly, I dont care if my local member has 50 wives. I want roads, I want hospitals, better schools and basic services. Who he sleeps and drinks with in his private time is his business. If he/she delivers, they'll get my vote!
History has another example in John F Kennedy, a notorious womaniser but one of America's greatest presidents.
I dont think whether someone has one or two wives or has a history of womanising is a determinant of their ability to lead.

Respond to this message   
lawyer

Re: Glen Kuri for 2012!

February 17 2012, 12:27 PM 

Duma did NOT unseat Paul Pora. Paul Pora was kicked out by a leadership tribunal for financial monkeybusiness with public money. Get the record straight, don't try to change historical truths.

Respond to this message   
Pastor T

May 26 2013, 5:17 AM 

More drunk politicians will keep their attention away from money

Respond to this message   
Waima

Married to one wife

October 17 2011, 4:40 PM 

Both Duma and Sanangke are married to a wife each I think...

Respond to this message   
Reg Reagan

Re: Married to one wife

October 18 2011, 8:53 AM 

HAHA! Oh my god i just fell of my chair laughing. You obviously don't know Mr Duma.

Respond to this message   
Waima

Duma true true

October 18 2011, 11:52 AM 

OPsss I must be wrong but he as an Offical,,,,wife I think she lives in Cairns with his two sons....not...

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Highlands Forum