<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Highlands Forum  

Mul Baiyer - Challengers to Sani Rambi

September 11 2011 at 1:05 PM
Observor 

Sani Rambi has delivered more projects than any MP in history of Mul Baiyer and he is the lone MP from Western Highlands that people always see living in with his people.

His closest challenger will be Koi Trappe the multi millionaire owner of Traisa Transport the third largest trucking operator in PNG. Koi Trappe is trying to unite the Engan speaking Baiyer people to back him.

Captain Paun Nongorr is also running again.

The two frontrunners are Sani Rambi and Koi Trappe.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Challenge to the poster

Re: Mul Baiyer - Challengers to Sani Rambi

September 11 2011, 3:00 PM 

More than nnyone in history?

OK, I challenge you (because I don't think you know what you're talkling about): LIST those projects and state how they have contributed to the sustainable development of Mul Baiyer.

Over to you. We're watching!

Respond to this message   
political observer

Thumbs up for Mr Rambi

September 11 2011, 7:08 PM 

I am not from Mul/Baiyer but I really admire the leadership qualities of Sani Rambi. A true model leader who should be returned in 2012. Like they say, "if its not broken, don't fix it".

Respond to this message   
True

Re: Thumbs up for Mr Rambi

September 23 2011, 3:13 PM 

I agree. Sani has done more than any past MP. We should give him one more term in Parliament as see how he goes. We are seeing some development - Roads, Powerlines, Cattle Projects, Classrooms, Aid Post etc.

Respond to this message   

What is MPs Role?

September 24 2011, 1:56 PM 

You are confused with the role of national leaders! What is their role? Are they supposed to live in the village with their people or are they supposed to play the role of policy makers of the country (PNG. if you are an MP, why waste your time and stay with the people in the village? You are not elected to stay in the village or feed the people or run around with school fees etc. You are not supposed to dublicate the work of the public servants or village leaders! I think PNGans are confused about the role of MPs and public servants! If I become an MP, I cannot waste my time and live in the village...bloody doing what in the village!

Respond to this message   
YuGuess?

Re: What is MPs Role?

September 25 2011, 11:45 AM 

I could not agree more with your posting that challenges our fellow scapers to get our basics right and that is to understand the role of MPs.

A major contributing factor to the endless debates about politicians not delivering is our peoples’ lack of understanding of the role of MPs in this modern institution of parliament. A majority of our current MPs instead of contributing more as ‘law makers’ a succumbing to their constituents prevailing and mistakenly conceived view of the role of an MP as a ‘service provider’.

Briefly this is what I think the role of an MP is.

MPs are in a position of power that enables them to influence, create or enforce government policy at the local level government, provincial or national level. They are expected to conduct themselves according to the laws governing them as MPs.

MPs must fulfil the duties of their office. This means making appointments, attending meetings, reviewing budgets, considering bills and casting votes. It becomes complicated, though, as politicians by nature, MPs must keep an eye on politics. While fulfilling the duties of an office, effective politicians must make time to meet with constituents, lobby other public office holders toward successful and lawful deals, and campaign at election time to be retained as a MP.

Until such time when we have an effective public service in place and on the ground, MPs will still be viewed more as ‘service providers’ and less as ‘law makers'.

Respond to this message   
observer

Chances of Sani Rambi returning are high

September 28 2011, 11:04 AM 

I am not a Sani supporter nor would I want him to return but I think his chances of returning as an MP in 2012 are getting higher every day. He has tonnes of money now so that will be his greatest advantage.

Respond to this message   
flogger

Re: Chances of Sani Rambi returning are high

September 28 2011, 11:10 AM 

In other words, he's better able to corruptly buy votes compared to the other candidates. How pathetic.

Respond to this message   
dw

September 28 2011, 1:48 PM 

man blo jealous lo ol nenga skulman.

Respond to this message   
Nenga King !

September 29 2011, 2:59 PM 

He will unite all Nenga's both Educated or not, Businessmen or not with his money in the last minute so that you Nenga's can continue to enjoy the biknem you have in holding the title of both Open MP and Governor seat. He's got you all focused on his sights. You should be proud that you have the key for power of WHP. If you are using the power wisely, I don't know but Title em yupela holim ya ...get ready to unite and vote both Sani and Tom back in the last minute - good luck oh !

Respond to this message   
Nenga Breed

October 10 2011, 8:42 AM 

DW is absolutely right. He is a very Jealous Man. He hates all his nenga skul man. Shame on him. How can such people like him represnt people in parliament

Respond to this message   
victim

October 10 2011, 9:49 AM 

Sani em jealous dog stret. just envious.

Respond to this message   
Nenga Eagle

October 26 2011, 5:38 PM 

You guys are talking too much about Sani being jealous etc. This sounds personal and it's low for you guys to argue like that. Why can't you provide good constructive debates and reasoning why Sani will not return ? Sani is by far the best MP Mul Baiyer has had , I'm not saying he's perfect but compared to past MPs, he's at least doing something. - there is going to be a ground breaking ceremony to upgrade the Ukuni and Baiyer - Lumusa roads this week. So stop crying like small neglected kids just because Sani didn't put something in your pockets. He will win back in 2012 that's for sure. He's doing all the right things now. Plus he has loads of money to play with as that's how it's done isn't it ?

Respond to this message   
Em Tru

October 26 2011, 9:34 PM 

Em tru ..just bikos Sani became the Member over all the Mul businessmen and educated elites, everyone is jealous of him. Em kisim memba long strong blo em yet ...He is a good man and he is definitely returning in 2012. Sani is truly the best member we've had in a while...he will be even better when we give him another 5 years. Vote him back please

Respond to this message   
Tingting tasol

October 27 2011, 11:41 AM 

How to sort out leaders from pretenders.

We should ask these questions of any person we are intending to mandate:

1. What work experience do they have?
2. What do they understand about the roles and responsibilities of an MP?
3. What have they done in their civil life to convince us that they are ready to step up to the public arena?
4. What are their core values, what do they believe in?
5. Do they have any technical skills or understanding of broader social and economic issues?
6. Are they willing to listen to others who have technical skills and expertise?
7. What kind of development vision do they have?
8. Do they have the know how to drive the vision they have?
9. Are they disciplined in how they conduct themselves?
10. Do they understand our democratic system? Do they understand the separation of powers of the different arms of government?
11. Do they understand the roles and functions of the provincial government, state agencies and the public service in general?
12. Do they have a good network in the public arena, with state agencies and donor partners and would they command the respect of these people?
13. Are they reliable people? Do they drink too much? Do they bash their wives?
14. Are they suitable role models for us and our children?

There are many other such questions we can ask them because in the end, we expect them to perform at a really high level and if the intending candidates cannot understand these issues raised here and the additional challenges of being an elected leader, then why elect them in the first place?

Respond to this message   
KOLG KAMA

YOU WILL REAP WHAT YOU PLANT

July 28 2012, 11:15 AM 

2007 National Elections was Interesting.
Sani Rambi with all his money made wanders. Did he actualy win the Mul Baiyer Open fairly in 2007??
Alot is to be desired from the results of that Election.the polling officials and the R/O in 2007 really know who won, but again as Nenga Eagle has mentioned - Money talks.

If money played by Sani in 2007 elections from the polling to the counting stole the win away from Sai Trappe than Sani will now harvest it dearly at the hands of another Trappe and that will be his defeat by Koi Trappe.

Respond to this message   
Pastor T

Re: What is MPs Role?

May 26 2013, 3:58 AM 

Iam on your side

Respond to this message   
Worried

November 11 2011, 2:13 PM 

No one gets to be a multimillonaire that fast unless they either cheated or overcharged for their services. Not wise to elect a person of those ethics to be in charge of public money!!!!

Respond to this message   
Curious

November 14 2011, 4:36 PM 

@ Worried ..there are a couple of Multimillionaires from Mul/Baiyer who are potential candidates - who are you referring too ? just curious thats all

Respond to this message   
more rubbish?

November 14 2011, 5:13 PM 

Yes. Both corrupt, of course!

Respond to this message   
Challenger

The Challenge

December 16 2011, 7:43 PM 

I am an intending candidate and I can confidently say that the people of MUL Baiyer do not need the hundreds of thousands of kina being dished out currently by several intending candidates to gain popularity.

If you are a leader of the people then the people already know you. Mul Baiyer does not need Port Moresby based brief case carriers and con artists.

Tell you what; I will take the electorate by suprise by walking all four corners of the electorate at the same time. The millions of Kina that people like Koi Trappe, Sani Rambi, David Morris, Peter Koim, Bona Nonggor.....and others intend to spend will be useless against my will power.

Hold your horses until the race begins.

Respond to this message   
The Big Mistake

Re: The Challenge

December 16 2011, 9:01 PM 

You should have been walking all 4 corners of the electorate for the last 5 years, not campaigning, but simply listening to the people's concerns. You're too late now, buddy - money will beat you!

Respond to this message   
Challenger

The Challenge

December 17 2011, 11:06 AM 

My good old friend " The Big Mistake"; Thanks for your advice but no thanks.
Money does not have roots nor does it have a home to go.

It is made round to go round and speaks all languages so do not worry. The guys with the money will fall heaviest with the notes flying and the coins rattling.

I have had the patience over the last 10 years to witness the sun rising from the east and setting in the west each day and the north wind blowing in from Baiyer touching every thing in its path on it's way south.

Tell you what; you only have 3 choices that matters, and you will live with your concience until the next election. Be sure to be the wise guy.

The choice is yours.

Respond to this message   
the announcer

December 17 2011, 11:18 AM 

You shoulda done what Robert Lak did and gotten a radio show for yourself these past few years. Thats how so many people got to know him in WHP and it didnt cost him a toea.

Respond to this message   
Challenger

The Challenge

December 17 2011, 5:47 PM 

"Anouncer",the bush telegraph works much better than the white man's radio.
The late Fr. Robert Lak, late Raphael Doa and Kindi Lawi all used the radio to become popular and got elected into parliament only to serve a term each.

I will be original, no copycat tactics

Respond to this message   
hmmm

December 17 2011, 6:19 PM 

I reckon if you believed enough in yourself, you'd not only give your real name here and debate whoever comes along here with issues for you, but then we would know whether we should cheer you or laugh at you after the votes are counted. Are you game?

There are too many original thinkers and hopelessly dependent on faith candidates who speak like yourself now, and find themselves with less than 100 votes after election day. We don't forget those examples quickly!

Respond to this message   
hmmm

December 17 2011, 6:19 PM 

I reckon if you believed enough in yourself, you'd not only give your real name here and debate whoever comes along here with issues for you, but then we would know whether we should cheer you or laugh at you after the votes are counted. Are you game?

There are too many original thinkers and hopelessly dependent on faith candidates who speak like yourself now, and find themselves with less than 100 votes after election day. We don't forget those examples quickly!

Respond to this message   
Challenger

The Challenge

December 19 2011, 4:51 PM 

Thanks 'hmmm' for the encouragement.
There are 2 popular english sayings' 1. "Do not count your chickens before they hatch" and 2. "Empty vessels make too much noise". The Melpa speakers of the Western Highlands have two similar sayings' 1,"Don't wish the fur or the tail whilst the cuscus /possum is still up in the tree, 2,"Big Thunder and no rain".

Though different cultural settings, they mean the same.

I am cautious at the moment as I do not wish to be in the boat you described no do I wish to shout my head off for nothing.

You already know who I am so don't bother. "SILENT WATERS RUN DEEP"

Respond to this message   
Kuk

December 19 2011, 5:15 PM 

if your gonna slink around here nameless one, why don't you just slink away and leave the space 4 candidates who give there names

Respond to this message   
Observer

Challenger

February 8 2012, 12:43 PM 

Challenger, think your just ************, MBL is a millionaires seat, noone will vote a dreamer who will get into parliament to enrich himself and thats exactly what you want to do. Well Iam from Mul but Im think the man for MBL 2012 is Koi Trappe.

Respond to this message   

"koi trappes seat now"

February 20 2012, 2:40 PM 

I hope mr koi trappe will be the winner for this years(2012)general election.
from what I have seen and understand from him, actually he has done alot in the mul baiyer electorate unlike the acutal member for this electroate.
if he is going to contest this year than defifntely he wiil be the winner.

Respond to this message   
Xman

Re: "koi trappes seat now"

February 20 2012, 4:51 PM 

Koi is old, for gods sake.

Respond to this message   
Ambai Leader

February 20 2012, 10:55 PM 

Koi Trappe is another load of crap!

Respond to this message   
mul/ hagen border

March 8 2012, 1:15 AM 

this man posesses quality, he has been in business and a succsessfull enterpreneaur for over 20 - 30years.
PNG needs this type of quality man who do not acccept bribe and just have enough money for themselves already.

All voters need to look at each candidates CV before judging, this goes for all electorate throughout PNG.

Respond to this message   

wise

March 24 2013, 2:10 AM 

Old people are wise bro.

Respond to this message   
RMW

what has Sani done???

May 1 2012, 5:40 AM 

Tell me what projects Sani has done? Since Sani made MP, hes whole family moved to Australia. hes kids attended private schools which are expansive, not forgetting he bought a big house at Caboolture. Can u please elaborate, how all of a sudden him an hes families lives from living in hagen transitted to australia. where did he suddenly get the money to afford it? Hes CORRUPT.. people of mul-baiyer desearve better.. Give it to someone like Koi Trappe, a christian, has more then enough money an is willing to help people of Mul Baiyer.

Respond to this message   
We Need Change !

We should give Koi Trappe a chance !

May 3 2012, 12:46 PM 

I think out of all the potential contesting candidates of Mul Baiyer Lumusa, Koi Trappe is by far outstanding in terms of the heart he has had for the people back in the electorate - he is spending his own money. Yes the man is old but he is wise. He is one of the richest hard working and successful businessman in PNG and he has a good community standing - better than the current sitting member. I think he really wants to help bring development to the electorate in his last few couple of years in a big way .....We should vote him and let him have a go at running our electorate. Young elected leaders that get elected go crazy when they see money in the countrys purse and embark on getting rich quickly ...Koi is well set and weathly and he can handle and manage the lousy electoral fund money like petty cash and even use his own money as well to compliment short falls in funding. He has being using his own money for ages anyway. We should give him a chance ...I for one will support him as no other candidate names are appealing to me at the moment for Mul Baiyer Lumusa.

Respond to this message   
MBL KANGE

Mul Baiyer Lumusa will have a New MP

May 8 2012, 8:29 PM 

Over the last 5 weeks I was visiting Mul Baiyer District and I could hardly see any new developments or new infrastructure done by the current MP Sani Rambi. Sani is just another crape MPs who really doesn't know how to do their job. He hasn't done anything yet so his returning this year again is a big doubt.
I was also told that he just started maintaining the Baiyer Lumusa road in the last minute,three months prior to the election. The people of Baiyer Lumusa are sick of Sani Rambi and knows his tactics. Now everyone has already made up their mind to make Koe Trape their new Mul Baiyer Lumusa leader. Koe has already done heaps in Baiyer Lumusa area, to name the few, he has negotiated peace, each schools were given K11000,000 each, building a new Secondary college in Tinsley with the cost of K42,000,000 and many more. Therefore there is no doubt that Koe Trappe will be the next MP for Mul Baiyer and Lumusa people. Thanks for Sani Rambi for the last 5 years but this year will be a new season for new leaders.

Cheers

MBL Kange

Respond to this message   

FAIR GO

May 11 2012, 1:03 AM 

Mul Baiyer electorate is made up of two different languge groups.One electorat is divided into two known as Mul and Baiyer.Mul speaks the Melpa language while Baiyer speaks the Engan language.Down the history of Mul Baiyer electorate when we take a good look at it non of an Engan language speaker were given the chance to serve a term in the Parliament at all.The Ramdi tribes has been serving in parliament as Pooner politicans,followed by Witka then to Kommonka further down to Ukni and back to Nenga.If we dont see any changes in the Electorate and need some real developements/changes we dont need only to annylise how rich the polititan is but making fair judgement to every leaders of these two language speakers.Melpa language speakers has been serving the Parliament since then so we need to check out what they have done when they were there back then.And if nothing was done then why cant we give a fair go to an Engan to see if we can see some changes.But it has to educated,rich and can be able read people from different levels according to their values (grassroots to educated elites).Even its an old fart or a young breed as long as he can delever the service, let him have a go and see how far he can reach the destination....Tingting chol save stap lo wanwan..Kanda ketz/kapa ketz

Respond to this message   

NEW MP FOR MUL BAIYER IS TRUE

May 16 2012, 2:28 PM 

To be honest, Captain Paun Bona NONGGORR or Peter Koim NUMA will be the next MP for Mul Baiyer Lumusa Open seat.

I have only one reason. This district produces the best educated elites in the Province and the country as a whole. And GOD WILL REWARD THIS DISTRICT WITH GOOD LEADERS WITH KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM TO LEAD THE PEOPLE OF MUL BAIYER LUMUSA DISTRICT TOWARDS PROSPERITY. "DEVINE INTERVENTION"

MARK MY WORD........Either Paun B. NONGGORR or Peter K. NUMA will be the next MP for 2012.

Respond to this message   
Try Again

Re: NEW MP FOR MUL BAIYER IS TRUE

May 19 2012, 10:30 PM 

If that is the only reason you can give for either P.Nonggorr or P.Koim to win then you must be a lame retard. Did your mother drop you head first when you were born coz your reasoning is just cows dung. Come up with better points for your candidates if you want them to win - everyone in PNG is equally educated. However its what they do and contribute back in our electorates that matters the most and shows they have a heart for the people. Otherwise you will be a so called educated fool who has lost touch with the people of Mul-Baiyer-Lumusa. Politics is a different game , way above your shallow thinking so I advice you not to make useless comments here ....be constructive.

I for one will vote Koi Trappe, and am still making my mind up on my No.2 and 3 votes ...we need a change and a good MP to represent the people of MBL.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: NEW MP FOR MUL BAIYER IS TRUE

June 16 2012, 3:18 PM 

Any Predictions of the possible MBL new MP?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Mul Baiyer Lumusa will have a New MP

June 22 2012, 11:04 PM 

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

June 22 2012, 11:48 PM 

Anyone in Hagen now or for the campaign able to say if there is a favorite to win??

Respond to this message   
MBL KANGE

June 25 2012, 11:29 AM 

I appeal to the people of Mul Baiyer and Lumusa to make a wise choice when you cast your votes. Your votes will make a difference. Your vote is your voice and that has a weight.Therefore dont waste it on candidates that are self-fish self centered. We haven't seen any tangible changes/Developments in the last 20 years so pleasseee don't make that mistake again.. Im gutted that I cant vote coz I am out of PNG. If I am there than I would have caste my Vote 1 to Koe Trappe, however my family and tribe is voting Koe Trappre. I believe he is a real Leader and he will definitely bring services and developments to all of Mul and Baiyer Lumusa Region.

Happy voting

MBL Kange

Respond to this message   
G-Gower Simbalo

Koi Trappe for Real Change in Mul-Baiyer-Lumusa

July 2 2012, 10:53 AM 

MBL Kange you have a good mind. Koi Trappe did and is still doing the role of an MP in MBL electorate.. He has the Heart of his people in MBL. If he wins this election, MBL will be in LIGHT the very second after he declares the MP for MBL in 2012.. So MBL Kange, our two Vote 1s for Koi Trappe is not wasted...

Respond to this message   
pumbwa andi kyaa puru puru

Sunny Boy will win back

July 9 2012, 1:49 AM 

Sorry guys but Sani will win back. Koi left it too late plus doesn't have the technics to win as always. Maybe next time. Maybe not. They keep wasting opportunities. Sani will capitalize on this and win back. We will sit back and continue to carry coffee bags across rivers and mountains for another 5 year. Anyi wama !

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Sunny Boy will win back

July 12 2012, 4:27 PM 

Fingers cross, only time will tell

Respond to this message   
G-Gower Simbalo

July 24 2012, 8:28 PM 

Yeah Baddy, we'll wait and see if your Sony Boi wins?, phew..

Respond to this message   
John Ete of Kumbakyausa..

July 24 2012, 8:34 PM 

@Pumba Andi Kaa Kuru Kuru...That wont happen this time..

Respond to this message   
Kolg Kama..

July 26 2012, 2:11 PM 

Yeah..Sony Boi Is Back to parlament...Hahahahahahahahahahaha...Its time to party guys..
Warm Greetings coming to u all from the Baiyer Valley..
Kolg Kama..

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

July 27 2012, 1:45 PM 

yes yah! wait till i eliminate here!

it's time to party, mul pawa!

Respond to this message   
BH2O

July 30 2012, 11:38 PM 

Why is it that Mul people are fighting for loosing the MBL Seat, especially the Nengas..? Wanem, mama karim na gipim lo ol oh?

Respond to this message   
lol

July 31 2012, 5:11 AM 

And why is it that you're trying your best to make this into a primitive tribalism discussion? The purpose of your remark is pretty obvious!

For stone age pasin blo tribalism, go look in the mirror then ask yourself why you can't get that primitive way of thinking out of your soul.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Mul Baiyer - Challengers to Sani Rambi
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Highlands Forum