<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Highlands Forum  

Mul Baiyer - Challengers to Sani Rambi

September 11 2011 at 1:05 PM
Observor 

Sani Rambi has delivered more projects than any MP in history of Mul Baiyer and he is the lone MP from Western Highlands that people always see living in with his people.

His closest challenger will be Koi Trappe the multi millionaire owner of Traisa Transport the third largest trucking operator in PNG. Koi Trappe is trying to unite the Engan speaking Baiyer people to back him.

Captain Paun Nongorr is also running again.

The two frontrunners are Sani Rambi and Koi Trappe.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Challenge to the poster

Re: Mul Baiyer - Challengers to Sani Rambi

September 11 2011, 3:00 PM 

More than nnyone in history?

OK, I challenge you (because I don't think you know what you're talkling about): LIST those projects and state how they have contributed to the sustainable development of Mul Baiyer.

Over to you. We're watching!

Respond to this message   
political observer

Thumbs up for Mr Rambi

September 11 2011, 7:08 PM 

I am not from Mul/Baiyer but I really admire the leadership qualities of Sani Rambi. A true model leader who should be returned in 2012. Like they say, "if its not broken, don't fix it".

Respond to this message   
True

Re: Thumbs up for Mr Rambi

September 23 2011, 3:13 PM 

I agree. Sani has done more than any past MP. We should give him one more term in Parliament as see how he goes. We are seeing some development - Roads, Powerlines, Cattle Projects, Classrooms, Aid Post etc.

Respond to this message   
Leader

What is MPs Role?

September 24 2011, 1:56 PM 

You are confused with the role of national leaders! What is their role? Are they supposed to live in the village with their people or are they supposed to play the role of policy makers of the country (PNG. if you are an MP, why waste your time and stay with the people in the village? You are not elected to stay in the village or feed the people or run around with school fees etc. You are not supposed to dublicate the work of the public servants or village leaders! I think PNGans are confused about the role of MPs and public servants! If I become an MP, I cannot waste my time and live in the village...bloody doing what in the village!

Respond to this message   
YuGuess?

Re: What is MPs Role?

September 25 2011, 11:45 AM 

I could not agree more with your posting that challenges our fellow scapers to get our basics right and that is to understand the role of MPs.

A major contributing factor to the endless debates about politicians not delivering is our peoples’ lack of understanding of the role of MPs in this modern institution of parliament. A majority of our current MPs instead of contributing more as ‘law makers’ a succumbing to their constituents prevailing and mistakenly conceived view of the role of an MP as a ‘service provider’.

Briefly this is what I think the role of an MP is.

MPs are in a position of power that enables them to influence, create or enforce government policy at the local level government, provincial or national level. They are expected to conduct themselves according to the laws governing them as MPs.

MPs must fulfil the duties of their office. This means making appointments, attending meetings, reviewing budgets, considering bills and casting votes. It becomes complicated, though, as politicians by nature, MPs must keep an eye on politics. While fulfilling the duties of an office, effective politicians must make time to meet with constituents, lobby other public office holders toward successful and lawful deals, and campaign at election time to be retained as a MP.

Until such time when we have an effective public service in place and on the ground, MPs will still be viewed more as ‘service providers’ and less as ‘law makers'.

Respond to this message   
observer

Chances of Sani Rambi returning are high

September 28 2011, 11:04 AM 

I am not a Sani supporter nor would I want him to return but I think his chances of returning as an MP in 2012 are getting higher every day. He has tonnes of money now so that will be his greatest advantage.

Respond to this message   
flogger

Re: Chances of Sani Rambi returning are high

September 28 2011, 11:10 AM 

In other words, he's better able to corruptly buy votes compared to the other candidates. How pathetic.

Respond to this message   
dw

September 28 2011, 1:48 PM 

man blo jealous lo ol nenga skulman.

Respond to this message   
Nenga King !

September 29 2011, 2:59 PM 

He will unite all Nenga's both Educated or not, Businessmen or not with his money in the last minute so that you Nenga's can continue to enjoy the biknem you have in holding the title of both Open MP and Governor seat. He's got you all focused on his sights. You should be proud that you have the key for power of WHP. If you are using the power wisely, I don't know but Title em yupela holim ya ...get ready to unite and vote both Sani and Tom back in the last minute - good luck oh !

Respond to this message   
Nenga Breed

October 10 2011, 8:42 AM 

DW is absolutely right. He is a very Jealous Man. He hates all his nenga skul man. Shame on him. How can such people like him represnt people in parliament

Respond to this message   
victim

October 10 2011, 9:49 AM 

Sani em jealous dog stret. just envious.

Respond to this message   
Nenga Eagle

October 26 2011, 5:38 PM 

You guys are talking too much about Sani being jealous etc. This sounds personal and it's low for you guys to argue like that. Why can't you provide good constructive debates and reasoning why Sani will not return ? Sani is by far the best MP Mul Baiyer has had , I'm not saying he's perfect but compared to past MPs, he's at least doing something. - there is going to be a ground breaking ceremony to upgrade the Ukuni and Baiyer - Lumusa roads this week. So stop crying like small neglected kids just because Sani didn't put something in your pockets. He will win back in 2012 that's for sure. He's doing all the right things now. Plus he has loads of money to play with as that's how it's done isn't it ?

Respond to this message   
Em Tru

October 26 2011, 9:34 PM 

Em tru ..just bikos Sani became the Member over all the Mul businessmen and educated elites, everyone is jealous of him. Em kisim memba long strong blo em yet ...He is a good man and he is definitely returning in 2012. Sani is truly the best member we've had in a while...he will be even better when we give him another 5 years. Vote him back please

Respond to this message   
Tingting tasol

October 27 2011, 11:41 AM 

How to sort out leaders from pretenders.

We should ask these questions of any person we are intending to mandate:

1. What work experience do they have?
2. What do they understand about the roles and responsibilities of an MP?
3. What have they done in their civil life to convince us that they are ready to step up to the public arena?
4. What are their core values, what do they believe in?
5. Do they have any technical skills or understanding of broader social and economic issues?
6. Are they willing to listen to others who have technical skills and expertise?
7. What kind of development vision do they have?
8. Do they have the know how to drive the vision they have?
9. Are they disciplined in how they conduct themselves?
10. Do they understand our democratic system? Do they understand the separation of powers of the different arms of government?
11. Do they understand the roles and functions of the provincial government, state agencies and the public service in general?
12. Do they have a good network in the public arena, with state agencies and donor partners and would they command the respect of these people?
13. Are they reliable people? Do they drink too much? Do they bash their wives?
14. Are they suitable role models for us and our children?

There are many other such questions we can ask them because in the end, we expect them to perform at a really high level and if the intending candidates cannot understand these issues raised here and the additional challenges of being an elected leader, then why elect them in the first place?

Respond to this message   
KOLG KAMA

YOU WILL REAP WHAT YOU PLANT

July 28 2012, 11:15 AM 

2007 National Elections was Interesting.
Sani Rambi with all his money made wanders. Did he actualy win the Mul Baiyer Open fairly in 2007??
Alot is to be desired from the results of that Election.the polling officials and the R/O in 2007 really know who won, but again as Nenga Eagle has mentioned - Money talks.

If money played by Sani in 2007 elections from the polling to the counting stole the win away from Sai Trappe than Sani will now harvest it dearly at the hands of another Trappe and that will be his defeat by Koi Trappe.

Respond to this message   
Pastor T

Re: What is MPs Role?

May 26 2013, 3:58 AM 

Iam on your side

Respond to this message   
Worried

November 11 2011, 2:13 PM 

No one gets to be a multimillonaire that fast unless they either cheated or overcharged for their services. Not wise to elect a person of those ethics to be in charge of public money!!!!

Respond to this message   
Curious

November 14 2011, 4:36 PM 

@ Worried ..there are a couple of Multimillionaires from Mul/Baiyer who are potential candidates - who are you referring too ? just curious thats all

Respond to this message   
more rubbish?

November 14 2011, 5:13 PM 

Yes. Both corrupt, of course!

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Highlands Forum