<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Highlands Forum  

WAMIR 4 ENGA GOVERNOR!

November 24 2011 at 4:04 PM
mai 

Just returned from Enga. Been to two districts....and i have my own political opinion, but while there i heard of an intending candidate [Wamir]....a UPNG student. Like to meet the guy, cos stories i hear just moves me.

Some of you who know him, please fill us with the details.

Mai L.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
yu husait

Re: WAMIR 4 ENGA GOVERNOR!

November 24 2011, 4:44 PM 

Yeah, like why haven't you shared the stories that "just moved me" if you were so moved by them. Strange, isn't it, that you didn't bother to share those stories.I'm already suspicious of your posting. It looks like a plant on behalf of the candidate.

Respond to this message   
Malipine

Uni Student???

November 24 2011, 6:08 PM 

For start uni student, paper knowledge with no real work experience....paper knowledge "move" someone..... this is hilarious.

Respond to this message   
maybe a good idea.

Re: Uni Student???

November 24 2011, 6:12 PM 

All of which probably means they're much less likely to become corrupt - since they don't know the ropes on how to steal when they get into parliament.

Respond to this message   
anon

November 24 2011, 7:28 PM 

Tom Olga

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

November 25 2011, 7:32 AM 

Well,

i have heard of all objections about this guy Waimir....and i totally agree with all objections concerning his candidacy...like he is young, no experience, paper save tasol, etc. I agree that these are true.

But on the other hand, we have an established corrupt governor [P. Ipatas], an experienced womaniser, has no paper but has done millions of kina worth of corrupt dealings, etc. So you choose. If you want to KEEP on elexting the devil you already know or a "clean" student, but definitely has the mind, wisdom and the determination to deal.

Ipatas, has has done well only in education. and if elected that is the only policy he is going to parade around, as our people continue be cut off from vital services and kill each other. The last 15 years is his track record.

By the way, as it is now, most of us in Enga KNOW the IPATAS only fears Waimir. WIAMIR for 2012!!!!

Respond to this message   
tru tok

Ipatas has actually improved education? Fat chance!

November 25 2011, 7:51 AM 

Don't for a moment think that education has gotten better for Engans up in Enga. Just because skul fees are paid for doesn't mean that the overworked teacher with the overcrowded class can give a quality learning experience to the students. They can't. Compare the resources available in Engan classrooms with many urban schools in the country and it simply stinks. It is pathetic. The students come out half educated and pretty much unemployable and that doesnt help Enga a bit,it just creates more disgruntled youth.Please stop thinking of education in such superficial terms. Education is more than just going to school you can see that if youve ever been to Australia all the learning opportunities there are. If we don't give students an education equivalent to that we can't call it good and we still won't be able to compete against the job seeking foreigners poring into PNG. Would you agree?

Respond to this message   
Mai L.

November 25 2011, 7:56 AM 

@yu usait and others,

You fellows might not like that student candidate. and such posting like this will not go down well with those who a pro-ipatas, or what have you. nothing wrong with that. But i stated what is happening, and im sure you all know it. and we cannot deny the fact; regardless of how much you hate it. The student movement is gaining ground. only in time we shall know.

Mai L.

Respond to this message   
bullcrap

November 25 2011, 8:06 AM 

Please give us evidence that the student movement is "gaining ground" as you say. I think you're imagining it!

Respond to this message   
Ipatas

November 25 2011, 8:16 AM 

Need Evidence? what evidence do you need? Ipatas is rotten. Enga needs someone. and I'm afraid the 'students' are stepping in at an oppotune time. I for one dont care who wins, as long has it is not this "Bullcrap Ipatas"! willing to cast my single vote to anybody who is likely to beat the crap out of Ipatas!!!

Respond to this message   
?????????

November 25 2011, 8:31 AM 

No, no. That's not the question that was thrown at you. The question is where is your evidence that there is any kind of student movement right now? Maybe its visible to you but seems invisible to the rest of us!

Respond to this message   
Ipatas

November 25 2011, 8:32 AM 

actually there are many candidates right now. the student is one of them. we have Mr Talita - who is currently locking horns with Hon. P. Ipatas, and one of the richest man in Enga (K. Korakali), the veteran P. Torato, and others. these are some of the names being floated around. but we the time approaches we will definitely know whether one of these will unseat the our Action Man or he will be returned.

Respond to this message   
dis is the problem:

November 25 2011, 8:40 AM 

You can't have a student movement with candidates alone. There has to be organising of students in general, with students going out to all corners and doing awareness about corruption, etc. I don't see any evidence of that.

These students, running as candidates, will be wiped off the map very quickly by their corrupt elders who will have stolen enough money to buy enough votes to win re-election.

Candidates alone speaking out can never turn the tide. But frankly I don't see any signs of a student movement. Just a few heads popping above the kunai here and there and thats not enough to change anything.

Respond to this message   
Student Power

November 25 2011, 9:15 AM 

Its better to try and be "wiped of the map" than to do nothing and allow corruption to run havoc!

Respond to this message   
better still........

November 25 2011, 9:21 AM 

If you have any sense and a thinking brain, it's better to be strategic, proactive and effective, rather than be suicidal and all your investment end up going to waste.

Mate, being suicidal in fighting corruption is taking the easy way out.

Respond to this message   
Suicidal student

November 25 2011, 9:47 AM 

when those of you who are working, have experience, have much resources to strategise can try later. we are students, impulsive, suicidal, naive and few in number. we just wanted to do this. if we win, we win. if we loose, so be it.

Besides, why would anyone be offended by this seemingly waste of resources, due to what you percieve as a "lack of strategy"? if you think, corrupt leaders will buy enough votes for re-ection, and also want to sell your vote to them, you are free to do that. but if you have a conscious, if you can see wrong from right, and do stand for something, then do something about it.

We just cant let this mad Dog [Ipatas] run down Enga. How many people will have to die, before anyone does something? how many have to die due to curable diseases because of remoteness? Law and order problem, and tribal warefare - CAN be controlled...but do we wait for another 15 years? Governor's inaction in these critical areas is directly responsible for the escalation of these issues. WE, you and me, have to Do something. it is better to fail while trying, then to do nothing. Only once in five years, we have the right to exercise our democratic right. and that time has come. Villagers, parents, professionals and students must unit for the good of Enga. For our future.

Dont hide there and scream for 'evidence.' bring in the best 'strategies' you certainly posseess. If we dont do this now, Ipatas is coming for our sisters, for our daughters, and the next thing, it will be our community that will go in flames. we must stop this Dog NOW!!!!!

Respond to this message   
enga kond lelo

we need a change of leadership

November 25 2011, 9:29 PM 

Everyone we need to go to our communities and educate our people on what true leadership is. First don't be bias when you are educating your communities. You yourself must first examine the candidates and see who possess the leadership qualities then make and thats your choice,don't try and make someone like the person you think is the leader but educate them to make their own educated and informed decision. Now this are some of the leadership qualities based on the circumstances in ENGA which you can tell your communities and people.

1. A leader does not "ditch" out "cash" left right and center because thats what that person will continue to do after he is voted in
2. A leader does not help or indirectly be a cause of violence(tribal warfare)
3, A leader must not have more then one "wife" because when voted in he will come after your sister and mothers ;)
4. A leader is very honest with his dealings so that he won't be easily tempted.
5. A leader must have proven track record of leadership in public life,private life,community,business,cooperate world ect
6. A leader must have very high moral character to do what is "Serve" for the people.
7. A leader is a person who thinks PEOPLE first before himself
8. A leader must be intelligent and educated
9. A leader fears God
10. A leader must knows where he is going to take ENGA to from August 2012.

This are the attributes, Use this 10 attributes to distinguish amongst the many candidates who the true leader is and educate the villagers and community to use this 10 attributes to select their leader this election.

Lets go home and educate our people.We are the educated people we now know the true attributes of a leader,lets go home and educate our people to make a well informed decision. This is the only opportunity for us to make a change so that we don't regret for the next 5 years.

ENGA ALO PIRO

Respond to this message   
Seni

Re: we need a change of leadership

November 25 2011, 10:11 PM 

A lot of your characteristics are very hard to distinguish-because of the difficulty, voters will end up just listening to what the candidates say and of course, the candidates will all say that they're God fearing. Thus your list isn't very useful in the real world of distinguishing good from bad candidates

Respond to this message   
enga alo piro

seni use your head!!

November 25 2011, 10:58 PM 

Seni,the problem is not you finding it difficult to find this attributes in a person. What I said was you SENI need to go and tell your people about finding one or two of this attributes in a person. You think those villagers know this things...THey don't...I have told you the 10 attributes so you get your *** off the chair you are sitting on and go to your villages and educate them.Then the ENGAN people will make INFORMED and EDUCATED decisions.

Marimun STONE HET

Respond to this message   
scholar

Re: seni use your head!!

November 25 2011, 11:51 PM 

Hardly anyone on scape seems to know even 1 or 2 characteristics that you list about any of the candidates from their area if the endless superficial political postings on the various regional politics board are any indication.

So how does one go out and do awareness to villagers if the educated elite here on scape shows demonstrates that they themselves have a very low level of knowledge concerning the characteristics or qualities of their candidates?

You're assuming too much. Don't ignore the reality that we can see all around us otherwise you'll find yourself living in a cloud of idealism of which nothing is applicable to the real world of PNG.

Respond to this message   
tell me your solutions

tell me your solutions Scholar

November 26 2011, 3:09 PM 

Ok Scholar...tell us the solutions you have for Enga to elect a good leader.

Respond to this message   
wamir supporter

Wamir Rules

December 3 2011, 8:39 AM 

I will guarantee you all that Wamir aka Elvis Thoke will be our next governor. He is the one to vote in as our new governor.If there is one person that governor fears then its Wamir. Wamir is honest,not sexually active,more intelligent then any young Engan, and his inner most motive is to serve the people of Enga.

GO Wamir for Enga governor!

2012 Wamir for Governor!

**guys what does Wamir mean because this name sounds powerful??***

Respond to this message   
No substance found!

Re: Wamir Rules

December 3 2011, 9:09 AM 

How do you know that he's honest?

How do you know that his innermost thoughts are to help the people in Enga. How would you know unless you're living inside his brain?

Your posting looks like another one of those brainless campaign slogan type postings. No substance found!

Respond to this message   
wamir supportor

Believe in Wamir.

December 3 2011, 5:25 PM 

atleast as a student I know and believe that Wamir is our only hope. I have been in the same school with wamir for the last 4 years and I know he is going to be a better governor than the other candidates.

just my opinion.

GO WAMIR AKA ELVIS FOR 2012>

Respond to this message   
Kago Kultist

Re: Believe in Wamir.

December 3 2011, 5:37 PM 

But you haven't given any actual information why you think he's so good. How can you expect anyone to believe you if you can't put some meat into your argument?

Try again.

Respond to this message   
Pongo Andake

Wamir Supporter you're so funny!!!

December 5 2011, 11:38 PM 

@ Wamir Supporter, one of the lines in your hogwash made me have a really good laugh. You said your idol Wamir was "not sexually active"...what the fcuk!!!
Can you provide more details about this Wamir guy that only you seem to be fanatically boasting here without anything concrete to back your claims.

Respond to this message   
laughter rolling up & down the hills

Re: Wamir Supporter you're so funny!!!

December 6 2011, 12:26 AM 

Yeah i noticed that too. He doesn't seem to be able to give us much details about Wamir yet he knows that Wamir isn't sexually active. Does that mean Wamir doesn't even use his right hand to satisfy himself? Wamir supporter, tell us how you know so much about Wamir's sex life!

Respond to this message   
wamir supporter

Listen People

December 6 2011, 8:52 AM 

People don't make jokes on something that is very important which will affect the destiny of Enga. Wamir is a SDA church goer whom I know personally as his pastor for last 4 years in his university life. As you all know as a pastor you get to discuss "hidden" secrets and have personal excess to your congregation(Not like the priests from the Catholic Church). Thats how close I am to inform you all that Wamir as done very well in his studies. He has passionately discussed with me on serving the people of Enga which I can see a clean motive. I have never seen a him go after a woman and lust after her which I think his a extraordinary skill to have as a leader. I have closely monitored his leadership skills which has impressed us both the church and his community.

People must understand that a person like Wamir with high moral standards and high level leadership skills with openess and kindness is suitable to be your governor. He has great vision for the province in terms of developments and changing the peoples lives.

Thanks and thats all from Ps.TLS Wamir SIDEKICK

Respond to this message   
wanio

boolshit

December 6 2011, 10:56 AM 

ps!! thats bool! crap!! how can a pastor be on pngscape u shud be fasting and praying for your congreation members and png as a country, dont waste your time on scape. how can the rest of enga know some unknown candidate like your SDA church member unless u r a big person and have been around the province and country to long to understand the game of politics. tell your candidate to go get a job and understand simple things in life and experience work and other responsibilities before gaining enough experience to contest.

Respond to this message   
tired

listen peolpe

December 6 2011, 11:15 AM 

all wamir supporter go and **** wamir *** holdd!! tell him to get real!! peter ipatas will burry him!!

Respond to this message   
Ps.TLS

Ok!!

December 6 2011, 11:45 AM 

Ok..but one thing I will tell all you unbelievers on pngscape..wamir is Enga's saviour. The devil has devoured the province and wamir is heaven sent to deliver and rescue the Enga's from their long suffering and pain.Whether you like it or not Wamir will rule Enga to "Prosperity". I am very confuced as to why you people are SOOOOOOOOO ignorant to the truth that Wamir is the one to lead Enga to the pearly and golden gates of Prosperty. Why not be lead by a virgin then a prostitute!!!

Thank you!!

Ps.TLS

Respond to this message   
wanio

plain truth

December 6 2011, 2:21 PM 

wamir is not the saviour u cult!! Jesus Christ is the saviour so dont play your kuun politics by using the name of the Lord in vain!!

be a man and come out and use your own name and fame to play politics!! wamir is not ready !! tell us how many years has wamir been groomed and thought under a leader and his ready to rescue engan's??? Moses thought Joshua and when Moses was about to retire he gave the leadership to Joshua!! do you undersatnd this or not??

So u and all Wamirs supporters go and get a life!! get real!! stop dreaming!! nobody in Enga knows wamir!! with no experience and who is a virgin!! please????????????????

Respond to this message   
wrong!

Re: plain truth

December 7 2011, 9:41 AM 

Mate, Think about it: Hardly anyone knew Justin Tkatchenko either until he got on television to promote gardening, and then was splashed across the newspaper headlines when he was arrested for alleged sodomy. So every intending candidate has a chance to become known in Enga too, they just have to implement an effective strategy like Justin did.

Respond to this message   
yankii

Re: Listen People

February 14 2012, 11:47 AM 

Green - Horn - maybe 10 years time...

Respond to this message   
bullcrap

February 14 2012, 11:50 AM 

Whadda mean? Catholic priests have confession as a part of the church and what do you think confession means? People tell all their deep dark secrets to the priest through a little hole in the wall. Catholic priests end up knowing EVERYTHING! Far more than any SDA pastor.

Respond to this message   
bullcrap

February 14 2012, 11:51 AM 

Whadda mean? Catholic priests have confession as a part of the church and what do you think confession means? People tell all their deep dark secrets to the priest through a little hole in the wall. Catholic priests end up knowing EVERYTHING! Far more than any SDA pastor.

Respond to this message   
Pastor T

May 26 2013, 4:45 AM 

We must wake up and smell the coffee

Respond to this message   

paper knowledge

June 10 2012, 1:46 AM 

Paper knowledge is not required.
people who have been working in public/private sectors for many years are required to deliver servises to the people of Enga.
person like Dr Amean is required.

Respond to this message   
allen

Re: paper knowledge

June 10 2012, 3:24 AM 

Yes, but when you're your own boxx, or you have a boss above you telling you to deliver the services, it'[s far far easier than in real life politics, where you have to fight tooth and nail just to get teh moeny.

Respond to this message   

Green in Politics???

January 2 2012, 2:30 AM 

PNG really is a democratic country where any one has a right to make dicision or do what ever they think is necessary and the so called "greens" who have just shootted out from PNG Universities are so currious and hungry for political power without having in such a matured knowledge and work experties or profession in such career field which is essential in political boundry. Now a days the PNG university graduate fresh/green elites are graduating with their brain full of theory and experimental facts about the particular career fields they have studied and apart from this, they are also emmotionally graduating with this politic desease which is becoming more hazardous and a risk to Papua New Guineans who are in desperate need of service and development. As an elite, you should be taking a positive path way, starting from the very begining of your career to the professional stage and produce your real political leadership colour for the good of the people you are intending to represent and PNG as a all, not just jump into politics next day after graduating from university. It is foolish, disrespect, and dishonest to put yourself into politics when you have educated enough to know that you are not prepared for this game, espacially contesting for Enga Regional seat.
I wonder how much money the university students make at university campus to prepare for such National elections, resources like vehicles/transports, money for food to feed people day by day, pay police and army escort securities fees, money for pig killing day after day to gather people, money for political dirty games as Engan way of politics, etc, etc....Ha1Ha!Ha! My simple and straight forward advice is that if you have't been saving any single toea in university campus and just graduated green then you should not be talking politics at this stage or else it will become obvious that you will only be contesting to split votes as you've been brived by other candidates.

Seek for employment opportunities in the field that you have studied in University first, apply for the position, get into employment and be on the job until such a time you become profession and that's when you will turn yellow and matured so there you will be in the process of saving up and prepare for contesting the National Election in Enga Province. 2012 National Election in Enga Province for the Regional Seat is for the millioniers and no room for such toealess and politic posture entertainers.

Respond to this message   
KAIM ULU TANGE

GREEN IN POLITICS??

January 2 2012, 4:53 AM 

I totally agree with this comment that our university graduates of today are being politically motivated and always have this intention to contest. It is true that every one has got right to contest in a honest and respectful manner but not in bribry and corruption manner as this is most common in the Highlands Region where most of the students are being forced to stand for the election by the hot candidates. Kaimi, as u know, Engans will always survive in the very expensive way of election and it is in fact for the money people but because of this democratic rights, I believe it worth trying rather than giving all room for millioniers.

At the end of the game, there is always one wins and all the rest of majority become loosers and politics posture entertainers...ongo kaimi imbam kininge erere leno. yakalumongo. This year 2012 will be the year to watch Politics in Enga Province...more killings/fightings, more blood sheed,more cheating, more destruction of properties, moe destroying of Ballot Boxes, more pig killings, and more and more delays and disputes in ballot boxes and vote delays and so on...ahahahahah..it's Engan politics!

Respond to this message   
KAIM ULU TANGE

GREEN IN POLITICS??

January 2 2012, 5:36 AM 

I totally agree with this comment that our university graduates of today are being politically motivated and always have this intention to contest. It is true that every one has got right to contest in a honest and respectful manner but not in bribry and corruption manner as this is most common in the Highlands Region where most of the students are being forced to stand for the election by the hot candidates. Kaimi, as u know, Engans will always survive in the very expensive way of election and it is in fact for the money people but because of this democratic rights, I believe it worth trying rather than giving all room for millioniers.

At the end of the game, there is always one wins and all the rest of majority become loosers and politics posture entertainers...ongo kaimi imbam kininge erere leno. yakalumongo. This year 2012 will be the year to watch Politics in Enga Province...more killings/fightings, more blood sheed,more cheating, more destruction of properties, moe destroying of Ballot Boxes, more pig killings, and more and more delays and disputes in ballot boxes and vote delays and so on...ahahahahah..it's Engan politics!

Respond to this message   
anon

the hot candidates right now??

January 2 2012, 1:00 PM 

its only 3 months before election day.any body on the ground in Enga can you please let us know who the hot candidates and any likely candidates unseating current governor ipatas or is ipatas walking in easily like he usually does in every election. Or "greens" like wamir going to be our next youngest governor of ENGA and PNG...

Respond to this message   
hot hot hot!!!!

Re: the hot candidates right now??

January 2 2012, 1:53 PM 

By 'hot' candidates I assume you mean those candidates who are corruptly giving out the most cargo and thus getting the most attention.

Respond to this message   
anon

what i mean is

January 2 2012, 4:02 PM 

when i say "hot" i am talking about people who have shown leadership qualities that are needed to change enga. Atleast by now there should be people who have atleast shown what kind of leaders they are and what they have to offer.

Please can anyone brief us???

Respond to this message   
pit-ipatas

hot candidates for Enga

January 29 2012, 6:50 PM 

Candidates who show leadership qualities are rarely hot-in fact they're often ignored. HOT candidates are those who bribe their way into warmth!

Respond to this message   
Kadape

Re: the hot candidates right now??

January 6 2012, 10:24 AM 

He might be a good guy but with green party hope there is no connection with Bob Brown and the green party in Australia whose real policy has nothing to do with a green planet but to promote a life style. Check his family. (who is he married??)

Respond to this message   
MANGI LONG PLES

Re: GREEN POLOTICIAN OR PETER IPATAS????

January 29 2012, 5:55 PM 

This man is married to Australian..(white chick) two years before graduated from PNG University and is so green/vergin in PNG Political Bench. Do not vote him as he will steal Engan Fund coming out straight from parliament and spent it all on his honey moon trip back to his wife's place in Bendigo in Melbourne....do any Engan knows where about this place Bendigo in Melbourne is??? Do not just waste your vote, you Engan full of wisdoms.

Disregard this university graduate completely if you are that serious about Enga Development...or you might still want to... keep on bending down and reversing on to Peter Ipatas for his 'Holly Council Administrative' blessing for your *** and then give your vote, or perhaps you might like to bring your beautiful daughters to him (your current governor) for hammer innitiation....you fools!! Otherwise choose a better leader for a CHANGE in Enga Province.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: WAMIR 4 ENGA GOVERNOR!

March 10 2012, 5:08 PM 

Pen and paper experience just come out of classroom??? we want a man like Sande Taliata to lead enga you cant come out just now from school and become a CEO of a company Need some years work experience

Respond to this message   
NO UNISKULM MANGI

SKUL MANGI NO SPACE

April 26 2012, 6:07 PM 

People like Elivis Thoke should not contest now. See your bro, the WHP Governor, Tom Ulga. Is he not a light weight and a man of no substance and influence in PNG?

We would have no problem with your lawyer father Michael Thoke as a candidate.

For you, how can a man's bollo wants to stand up and lead?

You are not even yet a lawyer. Don't act like a clown. My advice to you is become a lawyer first and work as a lawyer like your father for 20 years then consider.

We have had enough school boy candidates like Stanely Kaka and Mathew Parep talking about butterflies and false land issues. We Engans are now an educated population so don't come again to Enga with school mangi's bullsits.

We know that we know more than you do because we have also gone through the Universities and even beyond.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: SKUL MANGI NO SPACE

April 27 2012, 10:01 AM 

aaah! we didnt know that Student's decision to contest affected you that much. If he has decided to run, and end up like Parep, Kaka and others...let him. that shouldnt affect us, should it? Let him try, and if he looses, then add him on the "failed skul mangi politician" list. But if he wins, add him on the Olga's list. However, should he "wins" and "succeeds", you should challenge him. Because you have been to "universities and beyond" and by then you should have worked for "20 years" now!

Good luck!

Respond to this message   
Lenge

skul boy

April 27 2012, 5:21 PM 

We the timils don't support this so called skul boy. What has he got to offer Enga and PNG?

You people write about the other candidates who have somthing to offer for the people's benefit.

Respond to this message   
Proud Engan

Re: skul boy

April 29 2012, 1:07 PM 

Maybe he's honest. If he is, he's offering more to his fellow Engans than any other MP we've had in the last 15 years. A far better qualification than years of experience. Of course, those of you who are corrupt yourselves and expect people to buy your votes won't be impressed.

Think about it.

Respond to this message   
wanpis

too young...

April 30 2012, 1:12 AM 

I mean that literally. The guy does not even pass the constitutional age limit of 25. Beyond me that people would go for an untried student.

Respond to this message   
tinpis

Re: too young...

April 30 2012, 2:16 AM 

maybe its because an untried honest person is far far better than the corrupt experienced people who have milked our country dry up to now.

Respond to this message   
Lupa K

Re: skul boy

May 2 2012, 1:11 AM 

Oh, I see. "You the timils don't support......" Do you realise that this is the same kind of primitive, uncivilized, tribalistic kind of statement our ancestors would have said thousands of years ago? I mean, it's like nothing has changed inside our brains, has it?

You're another tribal gorilla. Go back in your cave and let civilized Engans lead the discussion.

Respond to this message   
TIMALI WAN

ELVIS THOKE NOT WANTED

May 2 2012, 7:02 PM 

We the timalis do not want to be embaressed by Elvis Thoke's desire to contest. His father too is not endorsing him. We are Action Governor's people.

Don't talk about this small boy who is not supported by the big enaitin tribe. We should not waste time on a little and an immature half baked school boy.

Long live Action Governor.

Respond to this message   
PIRAKANYA LILYO

PRE-ELECTION SELECTION

May 2 2012, 8:08 PM 

There are a lot of candidates vying for the Governor's seat in 2012. Three (3) from Wapenamand, 7 from Wabag, 3 from Laiagam and none from Kandep and Kompiam-Ambum.

These candidates are nominating themselves not people requesting them to nominate and contest.

People have constitutional rights to contest but it would be more proper if they contest upon people's invitation. The people know whom they would trust as their Leader. For example, in Wabag we might have to consider people like Dr. Samson Amean, Luke Kembol, Kundapen Taliyanga, Issac Lupari, Kenneth Koriakali, Paul Nili and Sam Abal. In Wapenamanda, Rimbink Pato, Sir Salamo Injia and George Yapao. In Laiagam David Lambu and Philip Kiakala. In Kandep Don Polye, Peter Mision and Alfred Manase. In Kompiam and Porgera there aren't many outstanding leaders.

We should check on each of these people's backgrounds including acaddemic qualifications, administrative experiences, their knowldege of the overrall government system and their performances rating at both Provincial and National Level.

Can we the Engan people do these assessments and make decisions instead of allowing unknown and unqualified people conning and wasting our time as in all seats as candidates.

Enga is a small Province and we speak the same language and have the same customs and we exactly know who the potential candidates are from each of the Districts.

There are too many teachers, mechanics, policemen and grade 10 drop outs are contesting this election. We should eliminate candidates falling into this category.

We should ask the Parliament to increase the entry level qualifaction to a University Degree in all electorates. Some of these candidates cannot speak and write in English to appreciate the occurrences and events at the national level. Good example is Mike Kaoek ssitting at the corner of the Parilament not knowing what to say and who to see. Philiph Kikalia is ontop of everything because he is a degree holder and a lot of work experience and he eexactly knows what to do. He is even better than Polye and Sam in terms of development though they too have degrees. He is doing more in just less than 5 years for Lagaip-Porgera because of his degree and know how.

For the Governor's seat and open seats, let us look for highly qualified and experienced candidates. Our current Governor has at least gone to UPNG to complete his matriculation studies and did a lot of councillorship and Wabag Local Level Governmen Administration as Council President.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT ONLY.

Respond to this message   
yu yet skelim

Re: PRE-ELECTION SELECTION

May 2 2012, 9:11 PM 

The biggest thieves in Engan political history have been those with uni education. The higher the formal education, the greater the hunger to steal and the more millions are mis-used. So why do you want parliament to raise those standards even further?

There was no stealing of government money hardly at all in the 1980s when many Grade 6 leavers were MPs from all over the country.

Do you want our country to elect another round of thieves or not? Think before you put out these ideas.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: PRE-ELECTION SELECTION

May 2 2012, 11:00 PM 

Respond to this message   

MOST TIMALS DO SUPPORT HIM

May 8 2012, 1:14 PM 

plis jst don't add in all the timals in ure stupid foolishness. Elvis Thoke has all his immediate family members on his side, whoever timalkins tat is goin against him are jst stupid unwise fools who jst want the governer peter ipatas to feed their hungry asses wit money. Take this into your thick skull you piece of trash, oh n go to hell, whoever the **** you are!

Respond to this message   

Walk the Talk

May 14 2012, 12:41 PM 

To All Students wanting or yearning to be leaders, you have to crawl before you walk. Concentrate on getting your paper cause I believe knowledge is power too. You have a long way to go, Complete what lies infront of you before you rush into something way out of your league. One or my advice to students is work in both public and private sector to know how the system works and gain experience so with your paper you will be unstoppable...

Respond to this message   
bullcrap

Re: Walk the Talk

May 14 2012, 12:56 PM 

What good is the friken paper?

The education we get in PNG is piss poor, very very deficient compared with overseas.

Most students cheat their way thru university to get that friken paper.

All the friken paper shows is consistent evidence of dishonesty and achievement of subquality standards.

And you say that's the stepping stone?

The more friken papers our MPs have been able to show us, the more money they've thought themselves qualified to steal.

Respond to this message   

To bullcrap

May 14 2012, 1:21 PM 

I have a 2 year old "friken paper" from the Univeristy of Papua New Guinea and I would like to inform you that it is world class. I may not have the most colorful "friken paper" but it has allowed me to secure a job with an international company and be recognised by organisations like the World Bank..So yes I am talking from experience..To those who cheat their way well you know what happens to them. I also believe you have to be a born Leader so with knowledge you have power running through your veins..Else take the backseat..We need Leaders with an Educated backing.

Respond to this message   
tok tru

Constitutional Right

May 14 2012, 2:29 PM 

I think its every PNG citizens constitutional right to be a candidate. If the people want that student to be their leader than their democatic rights have been exercised. So Wamir Elvis Thoke must sanup so that ol man iken choose long votim em or narapela candidate.

Respond to this message   

Constitutional Right

May 14 2012, 3:29 PM 

Sure its everyones right to stand, there is nothing inplace in this country to keep corrupt people from standing as well. I just think that there should be guidelines set to see only creditable candidates contest. Well that's only my opinion so can't tell how many Engan's or Papua New Guineans would share the same sentiment.

Respond to this message   
jihad

Re: Constitutional Right

May 14 2012, 3:57 PM 

The only problem with your idea is that "credible candidate" would be defined differently by each person, and corrupt people would define themselves as "credible candidate". Unless you established some very clear criteria that no one would disagree with - like whether or not the candidate had ever been convicted of a crime. But then again, that wouldn't rule out any of our corrupt leaders, cuz none of them ever get convicted and go to prison for their stealing!

Respond to this message   

Jihad

May 14 2012, 4:23 PM 

I would like to add that you dont have to be proven guilty, just being labled corrupt should disqualify people from claiming to be a Creditable Leader or Candidates.Form what your implying, since we won't be able to define creditable candidates then lets challenge them to a public debate. Bring the media and let everyone see for themselves who can really walk the talk. Its time we raised the bar, I can give a list of possible criteria but believe me there will always be disagreement its just life.

Respond to this message   
jihad

Re: Jihad

May 14 2012, 4:30 PM 

You're right. In fact in other countries just the accusation of corruption leads to such a giant wave of bad press and outcry that the politician is usually forced to resign. Because they're guilty? No. It's because they no longer have the faith and respect of the citizens to be able to lead. Simple as that.

Our pollies wouldn't resign even if they were caught red handed propositioning male casino staff for sex in Sydney. They have absolutely no shame, no ability at all to feel embarrased!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - WAMIR 4 ENGA GOVERNOR!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Highlands Forum