Next Topic >>Back to Highlands Forum  

Clement Waine is a Betrayer

May 30 2012 at 9:00 PM
apo76@yahoo.com 

Clement Waine has betrayed hundreds of candidates in 2007. Those candidates are leaders in their own rights - he failed them as well as the thousands of voters that waited in anticipation for him.

Now what new will such a saviour bring? Keep him in the lab please. Giaman blo ol Simbu conman.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
darl

Re: Clement Waine is a Betrayer

May 31 2012, 8:07 PM 

Confirm this post. Wanbel stret.

Respond to this message   

waine not conmen, but png's noble citizen

June 26 2012, 9:01 AM 

i totally disagree with the statement of waine being the betrayer. he is a true citizen of this nation. he is a potential pm

Respond to this message   
Observer

Re: waine not conmen, but png's noble citizen

June 26 2012, 9:11 AM 

Clement Waine has always gone where he can put the most money into his personal pocket. He could have sacrificed for his nation, taken a position at UPNG and taught more than a generation of up and coming students to become as good or better than him.

But no, he wouldn't have that. Instead he went to where the big money was. He thought of his own money pockets first.

He'; a betrayer and a traitor to his country like most of the candidates for MPs and MPs themselves. They usually succeed in convincing us otherwise but a strong look at their decision making in life always reveals the truth.

Respond to this message   

Waine - My children's Role Model

January 23 2014, 2:55 PM 

Message like one from the Observer reveal how jealous and envious one can be. I don't know Dr.Waine but I think he is my children's role model. Money is the end result of the energy and belief in what you can be and do to be different and to live your life to the best God wants you to be. Dr. Waine is young and your suggestion for him to be back in PNG to be a teacher is disgraceful and very selfish of you. For you know that PNG cannot contain such a calibre of man as Dr. Waine. He will be wasting his time and science ingenuity. The best he can do is to get all the experience in US and wherever and than then come back when he is read, may in his mid 50s to set up an institution or foundation to train bright scientists he can hand pick himself.

As a Simbu, I know he has a heart for people. All Simbus are like that. Dr. Clement Waine will surely return to PNG in God's timing.

Respond to this message   
Peter Kapi

Re: Waine - My children's Role Model

January 24 2014, 3:42 PM 

Never ever ever say that anyone would be wasting their time or their mind teaching Papua New Guinean youth back in PNG.

Never say that making money for one's own pocket is more important than teaching our young people. What would Jesus do in this position, would he go for the money job or would he be sacrificial and teach the youth of his town, given the choice?

Respond to this message   

Dr.Clement Waine honest TRUE citizen

February 27 2014, 9:40 AM 

we should be thankful for a guy like him PNGs own star

Respond to this message   
milk

May 31 2012, 11:05 PM 

true that, he is a professional con man..

Respond to this message   
Bainem

Waine not a conman

June 1 2012, 2:49 AM 

If you are a perfect man,you may pick up the first rock and throw at Dr Waine. All the good things he did for mankind far outweighs your narrow minded arguement.

If he was a conman he would have gone for good.I say he is a true son of Simbu to make this bold move to come back and renominate.He has redeemed himself and has proven that he is man.He only needs your forgiveness and support.

If you call Dr Waine conman,than you are guilty of being a conman yourself.

Respond to this message   
Citizen

Re: Waine not a conman

July 1 2012, 3:14 PM 

Sorry mate, we have no idea what Waine was doing in the USA all these years. For all we know, he visits a different pamuk every week.

More important, we all have the right to criticise. When a person decides to become a public figure by running for office, their life, public and private, becomes an open door for scrutiny and criticism.

If that bothers them, they shoulda stayed out of the hot kitchen in the first place and stayed as a private citizen!

Respond to this message   
Pastor T

May 26 2013, 5:11 AM 

Please tell us where this money man is now

Respond to this message   
wami

July 13 2012, 8:54 PM 

Has he actually moved back permanently to PNG or simply taken a convenient leave of absence from his USA job and if he loses he'll be on the first plane back to America?

If that's so, it means he only came back to PNG seeking power and status. If that is true, then he's truly pathetic.

Respond to this message   
wami

July 13 2012, 8:54 PM 

Has he actually moved back permanently to PNG or simply taken a convenient leave of absence from his USA job and if he loses he'll be on the first plane back to America?

If that's so, it means he only came back to PNG seeking power and status. If that is true, then he's truly pathetic.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

June 1 2012, 12:28 AM 

did he betray your wife?? dambsh*t!!

Respond to this message   
Skul na Sawe

Lukim na Skelim

June 1 2012, 9:26 AM 

Dr. Clement Waine : Trail-blazing at Du Pont, USA
(By Malum Nalu)

Papua New Guinean scientist Dr Clement Waine is blazing the trail as a research biologist and Principal Investigator with the Du Pont Crop Genetics Research and Development in the USA.
And he feels there is a growing pool of highly trained PNG scientists whose skills can be used for cutting-edge research.
Dr Waine believes pharmaceutical research should be carried out into harnessing our rich biodiversity to develop new medicines,
pharmaceutical and agrochemical products.
Dr Waine - from Kurumugl village, outside Kundiawa, Chimbu Province - has been at Du Point since September 2001, first as a visiting research scientist and from last September as research biologist.
"My expertise is in Structural Biology of Proteins so I lead our group in this area," he says.
"I am also leading the Plant Protein Discovery Group.
"In both responsibilities, we have international collaborators in several countries that I also oversee.
"I also provide expert advice to other groups within the company as well as line agencies of USA Government on product registration and regulatory approvals."
From September 2001 to August 2002, Dr Waine was a visiting research scientist with Du Pont Crop Genetics.
"I was recruited as a visiting scientist in September 2001 and I was involved in building the structural biology facility, especially the computational tools for molecular graphics, display and modelling from the ground up," he explains.
"We now have in-house capabilities for structural biology - protein structure determination and modelling.
"I have also developed and standardised for in-house use protein extraction protocols for discovering bioactive proteins from plant sources.
"Using these protocols I have discovered several novel protein molecules that destroy specific crop pests and these are now moved up the product development pipeline.
"We hope to develop several products in the next few years."
Dr Waine was born in Mendi, Southern Highlands, on April 27, 1969.
He attended Agle Primary School in his Chimbu Province from 1977 to 1982, followed by Kerowagi High School from 1983 to 1986.
Grades 11 and 12 followed at Sogeri National High School in 1987 and 1988.
The young Clement Waine completed his Bachelor of Science in Chemistry at the University of Papua New Guinea in 1992 and his Honours in 1993.
From 1997 to 2000, the University of Queensland, where he completed his PhD, employed him as a research scholar.
Dr Waine was awarded his PhD degree at the age of 30 years, making him perhaps PNG’s youngest PhD graduate.
He returned to UPNG after completing his PhD and was teaching undergraduate physical chemistry and supervising one post-graduate diploma student until recruited by Du Pont where he has been since.
Dr Waine has established himself as one of the few highly-trained and knowledgeable PNG scientists with an international credibility and reputation; pioneered the discovery of a novel class of protein while undergoing Phd research; figured out how best to solve a highly intractable computational problem while still doing Honours research; and has published over 20 papers in international scientific publications.
"During my PhD research," he recalls, "I pioneered the discovery of a novel class of protein that I called ‘cyclotide’ in my thesis.
"My thesis was the world’s first comprehensive report describing the discovery and characterisation of these proteins and was reviewed internationally.
"Conventional proteins, as ordinary people know, are long chains but cyclotides are formed like necklace with the two ends stitched together forming a ring structure.
"At this point in time, nobody knows how the ends are stitched together and my best guess is that whoever discovers the mechanism will be a millionaire some day!
"The research I started at University of Queensland is now expanded to involve 17 other students and researchers.
"Several other labs are involved around the world.
"This discovery was patented in USA/Canada, Australia, Japan, China and Europe and two spin-off companies were formed in Australia."
At UPNG in 1993, Dr Waine figured out how best to solve a highly intractable computational problem.
"The results were patented in Canada and a spin-off company was formed to market the patent," he recalls. "Applications are numerous and varied, including detection of incoming missiles and ideally suited for the patriot defence system developed by US Defence Department.
"For instance, I was answering such questions like " if several missiles were projected towards a common enemy from different locations, how could the common enemy defend it by sending counter-missiles to intercept the trajectories?
"A paper was published in 1997 - it was initially submitted in 1995 but people never thought such a work could be done in PNG!
"After asking around we located the paper in a professor’s lab in a North American university and retracted it.
A second submission after we were out of PNG was eventually published.
"Did the world believe that no advanced science could ever come out of UPNG, not to mention PNG?"
Dr Waine believes that PNG, as a nation, needs a paradigm shift in its people’s attitudes based on honesty, respect and hard work.
He also believes that PNG needs politicians who are 'lateral thinkers' and not 'cyclic thinkers'.
Dr Waine is of the view that since independence, government investment/expenditure on development of pure and applied research in PNG has been non-existent.
"There are two areas that I think the Government should consider as a matter of critical importance and start investing in them - Information Technology (IT) and BioTechnology (BT)," he says.
"There are two products that are currently selling like hot cakes around the world - mobile phones and seeds - both are products of IT and BT, respectively.
"BT-related investments can be channelled into two fronts - pharmaceutical and agriculture.
He continues: "The Government now has a policy - at least a publicly stated view - on the so-called ‘Green Revolution’, which is anticipated to increase investment and productions in agriculture.
"I suggest that they should incorporate a research component and support/fund existing institutions like NARI.
"Pharmaceutical researches should be geared towards harnessing the country’s rich biodiversity in order to develop new medicines/ pharmaceutical and agrochemical products.
"My estimate is this: if the Government invests K10-30 million in both agriculture and pharmaceutical researches every year, PNG scientists could come up with products that could be licensed to large corporations for further development.
"In this way, the nation will gain substantially from licensing fees and royalties.
"This could in fact become one of the biggest exports for the country.
"This notion would be a lateral thinking one!
"There is now a critical mass of highly trained PNG scientists, both in academia and other statutory and private agencies that can be pooled and funded to do cutting-edge research.
"The Government needs to realise this potential and invest in it."

Respond to this message   
LMFAO

Re: Lukim na Skelim

June 1 2012, 10:27 AM 

This guy Dr Waine clearly has his brain in the clouds.

He needs to start being totally realistic. But maybe that's impossible.

Has he looked around his own province and seen what are the most urgent, basic priorities?

Obviously not, judging from this all to transparent propaganda (PR) article!

Respond to this message   

Dr.Clement Waine

June 1 2012, 2:28 PM 

You can write as much as you want but I am sorry to say that Dr.Clement will be in the first ten candidates for first elimination.Mate who are you to fool us in 2007...Minande is for Peter Kengmar...Mitnande

Respond to this message   
Caught yah!

Re: Lukim na Skelim

June 11 2012, 6:40 AM 

A typical piece of PAID PROPAGANDA. All pollie intendees do this to make themselves look good even if they aren't.

Respond to this message   

Simbu's Must not beStupid!!

June 12 2012, 11:14 AM 

Dr Clement needs a win here. He seem to have a much broader thinking spectrum than the current and any known Intending canidates. Dr Clement will defintely be the catalysts for a transformation in the way our government is structured when dealing with science & technology. SIMBU"s Must not be real Stupids. "THINK BIG"

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Simbu's Must not beStupid!!

June 13 2012, 8:13 AM 

You just have to look at the way people like Dr Waine and Paul Siwi are campaigning....they are up in the sky with their performance...ol ples lain stap long graun level yet.

Its about psycology and state of mind of the voters....Paul and Clement are in the clouds...they are useless political campaigners...their message is for the moment but will not take the voter to the polling boots.

Both will be eliminated!!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

July 1 2012, 2:20 PM 

em tru....dont vote the likes of Dr Waine, Paul Kia, Peter Kengemar, Paul Siwi. Votim Ples man, save stap lo ples. Em lida man tru.

Respond to this message   
Mausman

Simbu's Must not beStupid!!

July 5 2012, 9:22 AM 

I rekon we vote some real man blessed with wisdom and knowledge who will really bring services to the people through ACTION rather than STORY TELLERS..

Respond to this message   
Nationalist

July 5 2012, 10:37 AM 

Dr. Clement Waine is the pride of Papua New Guinea!!!! He is a respected nationalist scientist who has gained respect in his areas of expertise.

And such a qualification is earned by many sacrifices, resources and time. However, you Simbus don't realise the importance of Dr.Waine.

He puts PNG on the world map by his mind boggling medical journals, new inventions and findings. If I were you, I would not use the term "CONMAN" to this great man in his own right.

He should be respected for what he has done because if the government recognize such a scientist and provide the avenue for him to help develop research agents in PNG, I beleive he can train up to 50 to 100 scientists every year and PNG can produce an intelligent pool of trained Scientist to research into different aspects of development.

So when discussing on one particular issue of life or developement, it is wise to consider othere important attributes of a person and recognise their contributions to the nation and the international community as a whole.

When we term such word like "conman" it makes us longlongs and stupid in front of the wider international community.

We must open our eyes and put our minds straight.

Regards,

Nationalist

Respond to this message   
Giaman Tu I Orait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 5 2012, 12:10 PM 

I think you're just as big a conman as Clement Waine is. But prove me wrong - I want you to list right here on this board the hard evidence that backs up your head in the cloud sentences that Clement Waine has mind boggling medical journals, new inventions and findings.

Yes Mr Nationalist where ARE these products-I'm waiting.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

July 5 2012, 12:19 PM 

Ok.........you wait till the end comes.

Respond to this message   
maybe so maybe not

July 5 2012, 1:40 PM 

Waine's accomplishments "boggle the mind" so much that Nationalist suddenly has lost his voice and doesn't seem to be able to come up with a single one of these mindboggling accomplishments!

Respond to this message   
True Nationalist

Teach at UNI

July 5 2012, 12:25 PM 

I agree with Nationalist. Don't call him a conman. We don't know what is in his heart, don't pass judgement on him. That is not our job, it's for the big man upstairs.

But I also want to add here that the good Doctor could have done that (train many scientists every year) many years ago had he stuck around at UPNG, teaching the next generation of scientists. By now he would have a huge pool of competent scientists that he himself trained.

Not to go against what you said but just to add on different perspectives.

Respond to this message   
DT

Re: Teach at UNI

July 5 2012, 12:37 PM 

its a free country anyone can judge him who wants to judge him.

Respond to this message   
Nationalist

Re: Teach at UNI

July 5 2012, 1:27 PM 

True nationalist,
pls could you text me on this number pls: 73843648. I just want to share with you something very important.

Nationalist

Respond to this message   
ha...ha...

tok sense!!!!

July 5 2012, 1:41 PM 

THIS IS POLITICS NOT SCIENCE!!!!! with science the answer is already there you just have to play around with formualas to get there...with politics its a totally differnet thing. In politics you create your own thing by being in it and feeling it and expressing it in your own way but most importantly its about people that politics deals with and this time it is simbu people!!!

maski giaman ya ol kamkuz, m white man yaaaaa......oh n 1 more thing! in my few observations i think c.waine is up to himself as a 'save man' unlike any ada simbus and he loves himself so how can he be a leader coz he can not kam down to reality and serve the people, he is living in a dream world...

ol man sa gat save lo m u gat ya...be a save man and stay put leave politics to adas

Respond to this message   
Un-friken-believable!

Nothing but political propaganda bullcrap-Clement Waine's oversized ego on full display

July 5 2012, 1:47 PM 

This article is so full of shiat I can't believe it - but then again most of the articles about candidates appearing in the newspapers over the past few weeks have been on the same low level. Why would anyone believe a candidate whose path to power is to convince us that they're as close to Albert Einstein or God's chosen saviour of PNG as we're ever going to get?

What this article shows is that Clement Waine's ego is bigger than a jumbo jet and threatens and that must of us are too stupid to see the ridiculousness of this article.

My favourite line in this article is where Waine says "Conventional proteins, as ordinary people know, are long chains but cyclotides are formed like necklace with the two ends stitched together forming a ring structure."

Yes, yes, yes do ORDINARY PEOPLE really know that? Of course not but Clement states this information in a way designed to make him look incredibly intelligent and ORDINARY PEOPLE incredibly dumb.

Anyone supporting this egomanic obviously are covering their ears and have blindfolds on their eyes. Jeeez!

Respond to this message   

PNG scientists

March 22 2014, 9:14 PM 

The research area what is the person's specialist research area?

Respond to this message   

ENOUGH SAID ABOUT DR. CLEMENT WAINE

July 5 2012, 1:02 PM 

SIMBUS!
I appeal to all of us here to END this criticisms about Dr.CLEMENT WAINE.
Whatever he become or whoever he is, Em pikinini blo man, pikinini Simbu, pikinini Kamaneku.
Whatever reasons why he is contesting Simbu Regional Seat against his own cousin John Gugl Kerenga,
and fellow Simbus and of course Fr. John Garia the current Governor, may be for a purpose. This is a democratic country every citizen of this nation have freedom and right to contest any general election. If anyone of us here not in favour of him and don't want him to be your next Governor, you have the freedom of choice to cast your vote to your candidate. Lets talk no more coz morally it is wrong to talk evil of him..

Thank you all.

Respond to this message   
True Nationalist

Re: ENOUGH SAID ABOUT DR. CLEMENT WAINE

July 5 2012, 1:30 PM 

Thank you mausman! Yupela laikim em okay votim em. Sapos yu les okay givim narapela man.

Respond to this message   
FED UP

July 5 2012, 1:37 PM 

The only reason why dictators, conmen & spivs prevail is because good people don't criticise. EVERYONE has the right to criticise ANYONE. No one stands above criticism.

Stop trying to impose this God like image of Clement Waine, THAT is what is morally wrong.

Respond to this message   

July 5 2012, 2:20 PM 

Yeh.. I am trying to impose this God Like Creature, coz he was created in God's own image and likeness, Who are you, Ape?

Respond to this message   
observer

Clement Waine is a cargo cultist

July 6 2012, 11:42 AM 

When Clement Waine ran in 2007, he believed he was divinely inspired and marked by Jesus Christ our Lord to become MP. He thought his prayers for campaign funding would be answered by Jesus himself. That's why 2007 ended up as a disaster for Waine and his Stars Alliance Party. Ever ask what the "stars" are and how they are "aligned"? More cargo cult thinking by Clement Waine.

Of course we know the result of all this divine appointment and praying for Clement Waine in 2007 - a complete disaster.

Unfortunately the fantasising has never stopped, starting with Waine's own self inflated importance of himself and his role in science. If he wins, there are those in government who will listen to his crazy ideas. To pursue good ideas is noble, to pursue crazy ones is foolish and PNG will end up flushing a huge amount of money down the toilet supporting Clement Waine's crazy dreams.

In the end, it will be just like the 2007 cargo cult. Zero results.

Respond to this message   
Mausman

Re: Clement Waine is a cargo cultist

July 6 2012, 3:44 PM 

ALright OBSERVER I personally withdrew all my statement. Well he had no influence over my life. I am talking just because everyone is talking. Well voting commence today followed sortly the counting. I hope the best man wins.I enjoyed talking Politics with you all.

Bye for now and see you all in the next PNG Highlands Election Politic discussion.

Respond to this message   
askim chol

July 13 2012, 2:16 AM 

Does anyone know how Waine is doing or any of his "stars" in the other electorates?

Respond to this message   
ANON1

July 13 2012, 10:08 AM 

YOU SIMBUS ARE PLAIN STUPID! THE NAME "JEFFREY NAPE" SPEAKS FOR ITSELF. SO WHAT IF CLEMENT WAINE COMES HOME?@! YUPLA BAI MEKIM WANEM? IDIOTS!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

July 13 2012, 10:49 AM 

you dont need a rocket scientist to calculate Dr. Waines chances of winning this election. its so obvious that he'll lose this election because he does not have the number....not to mention the gap of understanding be Dr. Waines brilliant development ideas and a simple villiagers understanding of a simple community development project..it'll be a miricle if Dr. Waine comes home with the price.

Respond to this message   

Waigani is no more.

March 2 2014, 3:33 AM 

Dr Clement Waine,
in a brilliant Coup de Etat, Dr Clement Waine has occupied Waigani.

Meanwhile several thousand anti Waine protestors have surrounded the building chanting:"Waine, Waine,go away! Cone again another day!"

Dr Waine started searching the corridors of Waigani, to see what he could find. Along with several politicians whom no one had seen for years, he found several prostitutes, four home brew sellers, and half a dozen Buai vendors.

In an endeavour by Dr Waine, to make something useful out of the many years of corruption, neglect, and stupidity, the whole reaction suddenly went exothermic.

The resulting explosion blew parliament house off the face of the Earth, along with Dr Waine, the politicians, the prostitutes, the Buai sellers, and the home brew merchants, leaving a crater 100 metres wide and fifty metres deep. Thus the anti Waine demonstrators got their way, albeit in vastly depleted numbers, as a few thousand of their numbers disappeared with the whole ganz megillah.

At the moment, the whole lot can be seen in the Eastern sky shortly after sundown, as a fast receding glowing dot. The Australian observatory at Parkes, reports that it has achieved a velocity of .68 of the speed of light. (Some 120+ thousand miles per second) An hobby sized telescope, set up on top of Toguba Hill, above the smoke line, should give one a good viewing of this phenomenon. It is estimated, that parliament house may join the asteriods around Saturn within the month.

Sic transit glorea mundae......Ralph.

Respond to this message   

Waigani has returned

March 7 2014, 12:46 AM 

Parliament house has returned,
in an awesome display of his omnipotence and power, the Almighty has restored Parliament House to its original place, and Waigani has sprung back into existence.

Parliament House has returned, along with Dr Clement Waine, the long lost members of parliament, the prostitutes, and the Buai sellers. Unfortunately, the couple of thousand anti-Waine protestors, could not be restored. Unshielded as they were from the original cataclysmic blast, they were transformed into an isotope of Lead. There are some things even the Almighty cannot do.

Mine eyes have seen the glory......Ralph.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Clement Waine is a Betrayer
  Next Topic >>Back to Highlands Forum