<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Highlands Forum  

Enga police arrest man who pretended to be polling official (Laigap Pogera fraud)

July 7 2012 at 3:43 AM
The National 

The vote rigging attempts, successful and unsuccessful, continue. Only the silly efforts will get caught, the sophisticated, well paid efforts will escape detection. Nevertheless, multiple reports are now pouring in from Enga that the election was a sham!

from The National (Friday)
by Yvonee Haip

Enga police have charged a man who entered the counting center in Wabag pretending to be a presiding officer, with 97 unmarked ballot papers in his possession yesterday.

Police alleged that Luso Apel from Porea in Laiagam district, attempted to smuggle 97 ballot papers for the Laigap-Porgera open seat belonging to the Porea resthouse.

Security at the entrance caught him and found the ballot papers in his possession.

Provincial police commmander Supt. Martin Lakari said the suspect had a forged identification card as a presiding officer.

Lakari said the suspect was charged with being in possession of ballot papers and has been refused bail.

He said the ballot papers were supposed to be marked and in the ballot boxes.

It was illegal for any unauthorised person to have unmarked ballot papers in his or her possession after polling.

Apel will appear before the district court today.

Lakari warned that police and security forces would come down hard on people committing elevion-related offences.

Meanwhile, police are still looking for the teacher who had four empty ballot boxes and six bundles of ballot box tags in his house on Tuesday.

Counting of genuine mixed with fraudulent votes began on Tuesday and is progressing well. Boxes for the Wapenamanda electorate are still "in preparation" for counting.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
route100

Re: Enga police arrest man who pretended to be polling official (Laigap Pogera fraud)

July 7 2012, 8:46 AM 

its not a surprise to read about engan primitives doing that. even enga has lots educated elites yet they simply can't shake off their "bush kanaka attitudes"
grow up people! its the 20th century

Respond to this message   
look at tisa

Re: Enga police arrest man who pretended to be polling official (Laigap Pogera fraud)

July 7 2012, 4:06 PM 

Hey, have some sympathy - look who their role models are: Ipatas, Pundari.... are these civilised peoples?

Respond to this message   
laiagam

July 7 2012, 8:11 PM 

Typical. When will we engans learn to solve issues peacefully and play fairly ? That's why we will be slow in development because of our mentality. I'm happy I've changed to become a moderate highlander. There's no need to use machete's and guns to solve problems its about time villages and the elites came to the round table to openly discuss and resolve. I'm sick of this. Why do we always have to live in fear of our rival clans/tribes? When can I drive my car freely along the province without thinking twice about possible threats? Enough is enough. The educated engans in port moresby and lae plus other centres- I urge you all to return home when yóu retire to help grow our prosperity. Plus when will I not see an engan contesting a seat in an area he is not from? Go back to our province and commit your cause there. Leave the other provinces to their respective indiginous people. They can rule themselves and plus its not fair. They don't come campaiging around enga like wise it should be the same for us. Like the bible says: "do unto others as they would unto you". Likewise we do good to our neighbors and what we would expect of them for the goodwill to be returned back. God Bless Papua New Guinea- the land of a thousand tongues, the land of my ancestors, and for me.

Respond to this message   
askim

July 7 2012, 10:54 PM 

Tell me: Are you living in Enga right now, using your Digicel dongle to post what you wrote?

Respond to this message   
laiagam

July 7 2012, 11:39 PM 

Oh its only for the elections, once all the quagmire is cleared up ill go back to austrailia ps: subscribe to digicel black berry service its awesome!

Respond to this message   
Proud Engan

July 8 2012, 10:35 AM 

Another hypocrite.... telling all of us to go back to Enga while you have no intention.

You're pathetic but at least you were man enough to admit it.

Respond to this message   
route100

July 8 2012, 12:20 PM 

bata i think what this poster says is true
Engans are seen throughout png as bunch of lunatics and bush kanaka's so traim senism attitude too yah.

Respond to this message   
rosi

RE: ROUTE100

November 17 2012, 12:22 PM 

You sounds like, you are very jelouse of Engans,ol Enga koapim mama blg yu or meri blg yu.

Respond to this message   
Marie

Re: Route100

November 17 2012, 12:38 PM 

ROUTE100, you can harem,na pilim pain tasol.No ken kichim heart attach because Engans are always winners.People like you and none highlanders can called us GRISS PIG AND PRIMATIVES BUT WE ARE THE BEST.

Respond to this message   
laiagam

July 8 2012, 2:16 PM 

At least I'm not like you arsehole, you get your grease pig and take it to your cave and you eat it,, you bulls**t arsehole,,,,, proud engan my arse- more like proud primitive thankyou,,, at least I go back home once in awhile, not like you, cleaning all the greasy kaibars around the town in search of greasy unhealthy flour balls,, your the pathetic arsehole, so check your back yard first biatche

Respond to this message   
Proud, Realistic Engan

July 8 2012, 4:28 PM 

It's hilarious to see our fellow countrymen who think that they've made it big when they go overseas. Obviously you are one of those fine Engan ambassadors to the world.

Have you ever heard the name LASON WATAI?

Once of those bratas from our homeland whose head got too big for his body. Broke rulz, pushed aside friends, got all the way to America to get his PhD and then a job teaching.

Then he did "da Engan thing" - thought he, being Engan, could break America's laws the way he used to break PNG law and Engan customary law. He went and proposed sex to a minor on the internet and guess what? The police were waiting for him! He ended up serving time in prison in America, became a laughingstock on the PNG internet and shamed Enga. Even today his story is on the internet.

Then there is another of our bratas by the name of Ralph Mana who went away overseas to become a famous scientist, told all he friends back home he had become a famous scientist, was hired at UPNG and within weeks started becoming a laughingstock amongst all the faculty not only because of his Enga-lish but his crazy ideas that those UPNG academics laugh off as unrealistic and idiotic. He has survived because he hasn't done anything illegal, but this strange stupidity that exists alongside of obvious academic accomplishments has given him the reputation of a clown at UPNG known far and wide across the departments.

These types of Engan brothers who went away overseas to become rich and famous do not do us proud. Instead they have successfully further made us into laughingstocks as a people. Yes, our overseas Engans are very schooled and have lots of info packed inside there brains. But somehow the bottom line of all their studies went missing. somewhere along the line and they have ended up being disasters. Both those bratas were bragging at one time just like your bragging but now that they've become fools amongst the people who use them as examples of what all Engans are like. We don't hear much from these wantoks anymore and they certainly come go back to Enga and for good reason!

Let's how you're not another one of those proud overseas Engans for whom the bottom line is also missing and at some point we will be reading about you in the newspaper or hearing jokes passed around about the latest dumb thing you've done.

I'd rather in up staying in my province forever eating greased pig and living in a cave than be talked about the way so many overseas Engans are laughed at.

Respond to this message   
pogeran gold

July 9 2012, 1:42 AM 

You put your finger on our problem as Engans but I'm not sure how exactly this problem can be described. Theres a part of the brain missing thats for sure!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

July 22 2012, 1:37 PM 

Sick of tribal fight use of iligal guns no good law and order so some of us ran away from Enga got married living a good life looked after by good government...we don't care about PNG politics we come to visit once a year...

Respond to this message   
John

Lason Watai Outsmarted Everyone

November 13 2012, 1:07 PM 

Since you brought up the name of Lason Watai in an article that is not related to him, I will enlighten everyone that this guy is unlike anyone I have met. He is in a league of his own. He did something and people are so caught up reading about what he did in a police internet sting operation (does not involve real physical girls). After knowingly chat with police officers acting like girls by computer on the internet, he went and OFFERed himself to be arrested by police, plead guilty, served 90 days in a local jail, and approved his own removal from USA even when he was given the opportunity by USA immigrations to stay? Why? There are motives behind every decision/actions that very intelligent people like him make. Like any other highly intelligent person,he, a brilliant Engan, created a diversion in USA that costed him very little in order to get out of another bigger much more costly situation. As always, the crowd are too busy focused on his actions without asking why he did what he did. Only an Engan can pull off a stunt like this.

John

Respond to this message   
Honest Engan

Re: Lason Watai Outsmarted Everyone

November 13 2012, 3:10 PM 

You are lying through your teeth.

I knew this person many years ago and he is a con man.

He has shamed all Engans. We lower our heads in shame every time we hear this con man's name.

Honest Engan

Respond to this message   
KL

Well Behaved People Don't Make History

December 5 2012, 4:06 PM 

You all should look at it this way. He has done something out of the norm and his name forever written on the WWW. That is making history for himself. You are all talking about him because you are well behaved.

Great majority of people are well behaved. They do not want to shake the boat. They do not think outside the box. They just obey and follow what they are told. They are all part of the global herd of human cattle, part of the crowd. They stay in their comfort zones. But it is well know that well behaved people do not make history for good or for bad reasons....

Respond to this message   
yu kol ples nitwit!

November 14 2012, 10:33 AM 

Only an Engan can pull off a stunt like this? I don't think so. More like "only an Engan could construct such a ridiculous and illogical story like what you've done!"

Respond to this message   
Gabby

You can bury yourself in shame till hell freezes over

December 6 2012, 3:05 PM 

You can bury yourself in shame till hell freezes over and I do not think he will even notice hell got frozen because of your shame.

Respond to this message   
Anon

December 7 2012, 12:14 PM 

He did what he did because he is "Paedophile". So he comes back to PNG and tries to con people about his history. There is a proof of his doings...

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Highlands Forum