<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Highlands Forum  

Close Asian Retail Shops in Banz

August 1 2012 at 2:04 PM
Gero 

A salary as a Retail Manager is better then 1 month salary on rice paddys . How do we even tolerate them Asian kanakas selling cheap plastic goods to our people and rob them of thier days earning at the market.

They take every single toea they make from our people back to Malaysia. I have lived and worked with them for 4 years , seen their rice paddys many times , know these people .... gosh ... just get them out of banz ......

Lets circulate Jiwakan money within the pockets of Jiwakans .. not foreigners ... please..... They do not bring any foreign expertise or technology to Jiwaka ...... only here to rob the last toea in the poor man's pocket ......

the sight of them in Banz.... f**** up my holiday...

somebody do something

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
stap wantaim

Re: Close Asian Retail Shops in Banz

August 1 2012, 2:36 PM 

Malaysia, China, Korea. The asians now flood into png from everywhere because of exactly what you say. There is big money to be made off us.

I also can't understand why there hasn't been some kinda revolution and kick them all out

Respond to this message   
Nationalist

Empower the local community in enterpreneurial businesses

August 1 2012, 3:06 PM 

Its very very easy to make a statement than exactually doing something to make things happen. Whatever, discussed above by our friend and his or her observation about the ASIAN DOMINANCE in Jiwaka is not a surprise. The trend of Asians coming into our new provinces of Jiwaka, Hela and other provinces are expected to grow as major developments are happening in PNG.

I just want to make one and yet very important point for Jiwakans and all genuine Papua New Guineans to take it into consideration.

That is: We must establish our own businesses, from small businesses, semi-, middle to major corporative businesses and help each other to grow our local economy as the Asians do.

We must start now and should not have to give away our land to foreigners especially the Asians, we can give our land to Papua New Guineans, that is healthy because Papua New Guineans will support each other in terms of businesses and in building our economy.

Therefore, I for one belief that without having the desire to be creative and invest in our land and businesses, I think no one will stop the Asians from extending their businesses and presence to all parts of the country because they have the money and the network.

The only and the most workable strategy to dismantle or restrict them from taking over our land and businesses is to empower the local community to become self-enterprenuer and invest in business and self reliance.

Once we set up our own businesses and the money, then we would urgently need our land and therefore would not allow the Asians to come and take advantage of our free and unoccupied land in terms of businesses and creativity.

Nationalist

Respond to this message   
Pastor Tommy

Re: Empower the local community in enterpreneurial businesses

August 1 2012, 4:37 PM 

Yes, but sending dick-heads to Waigani will not help. They live off the asians.

PNG is for Papua New Guineans first.

Respond to this message   
Dr Evil

Pastor Tommy is my toy boy.

August 1 2012, 6:05 PM 

Don't take Pastor Tommy seriously, he's only good at performing fellatio. By the way, he's my toy boy. Liklik ball boy blong mi.

Respond to this message   
Gero

August 3 2012, 3:18 AM 

So right ... we know that for the fact. There is only a handful of dick heads in Parliament who enjoy Asian bribes, a very emberassing state of affair.

The 99.99% of Jiwakans in banz have not seen any Asian " free handouts". And they are the ones pumping money into the Asian banks.

Thats why we need to campaign vigorously for people not to shop in asian shops. And Jiwakan owners of those shopping buildings to stop renting to the Asian.

We need to lobby mass boycotts.

Some Jiwakan out there who is in Banz..... please start talking. If you are a radio announcer , please educate your people.

Any smart IT Jiwakan .. please send SMS.... tell your people not to shop in Asian shops. We are a democratic nation,with freedom of media and speech.

Lets empower Jiwakan bussinessman ....... jiwakans for jiwakan .....

IF we closed down all Asian shops in banz today, not a single jiwakan will go hungrey .. not tonight .. not ever

Respond to this message   
nali

August 3 2012, 3:25 AM 

Radio announcers will never, ever make such announcements - afraid of losing asian advertisers!

Why is it that you are advising everyone else what to do but you haven't told us a single thing about what YOU will do????????

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

August 3 2012, 10:22 AM 

Awareness campaign ..... just that I do not live in Banz to do enough of it , so I am trying to generate interest in people who do.

sori mi stap longwei tumas na salim tok i stap.......

Maybe I should start mailing flyers to every physical address in Banz ...... any suggestions?

Respond to this message   
anti kongkong

August 1 2012, 6:20 PM 

Why are we so incapable of organising boycotts of the Asian shops? Hit them where it hurts.

Respond to this message   
Gero

August 3 2012, 2:54 AM 

The facts are:
Lets not kid ourselves to compete in bussiness with the china man, they are the masters. And I really DO NOT like the idea of wrestling with foriegners in my front yard, as much as I cannot tolerate the sight of them.

Let me clearify I welcome any Asian Doctors or Engineers in Jiwaka as long as they are not running thier own consultancy firms.

Zero tolerance for malasyan in banz please ... any potential Jiwaka bussinessman or women out there please lobby anti Asian retail shops campaingn NOW.
They are already occupying 5 out of 8 retail shops.

When our newly elected member put together some cash generating project PLUS government funds , most of it will ultimately wind up in the Asian shops and all monies off to malaysia.

This is serious ... we must stop this cash leak now ........ We need money in the pockets of Jiwakans for Jiwakans.

Respond to this message   
concerned citizen

August 12 2012, 12:51 PM 

You can't welcome in some and not welcome in others. They're like a cancer. Once they get into an area they spread like fire!

Respond to this message   
Malbanga

Stop at the beginning.

August 10 2012, 3:48 PM 

Why initially the land lords and the real PNG ( Jiwaka) people allow for these Asians to rent their stores and buildings. Are we not capable of running a simple retail out let our selves??.

You do not need a rocket scientist brain to run a simple store in a town like banz. I do not see a big shopping moll in banz which may require brains to run. Ii you Jiwakans who own the buildings run them your selves, than the Asians will have no place to do business. But if we are lazy and think that the small peanut money that the KongKongs pay a month for the rent is big and feel that you are a business man.. that obviously you have a small brain.

Asians are very low class but yet we think they are superior and say yes to them... Shop owners should start terninating all contracts with Asians and start to run your shops in your own land and in your own new province.

WHO WILL STOP YOU... FORGET THE TALKING.. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

Banga.. get it back and run it the Jiwaka way in style.

Wal Wei.

Respond to this message   
peter

Re: Stop at the beginning.

August 10 2012, 4:48 PM 

Oh but you're wrong. You definitely need a rocket scientist brain to have the willpower to keep your wantoks from pulling all your profits away, all getting credit from your store that they never pay back, and finally the whole things collapses.
Thats where Asians have the advantage, don't you think?

Respond to this message   
why no action

Re: Stop at the beginning.

September 8 2012, 3:05 PM 

Unfortuantely we Jiwakans tend to be too lazy to run our own stores. It is lazier to rent out our stores to asians to do all the hard work and we just collect the money.

Respond to this message   
scholar

August 2 2012, 4:57 AM 

The asians are more landless and lacking resources than we are.

Thus, as a people they are more desperate than we are.

Thus, as a people they are more competitive than we are.

Thus, as a people, they are more likely to outcompete us.

We will be able to stand up and push back effectively in competition only after we become as landless, lacking resources, and desperate as they are.

And by the time that happens, what have we gained?

Please answer that question.

You cannnot "will" or "pray" that we will become as competitive as asians and it will happen. Always you have to find the underlying reason for the problem or issue.

Respond to this message   
Pro-prosperity

We can beat them, they're only human.

August 2 2012, 7:26 AM 

One way that we can be more competitive is to buy from same source. This'll give us the advantage in lowering our price thus reduce their profit margin. So I say, we start learning Mandarin and station buyers in china and india as well as other asian countries. This is the first step.

Respond to this message   
Porgeran

Re: We can beat them, they're only human.

August 3 2012, 5:33 AM 

I agree with you bro,that is the only solution to our problems.
I have been around the world and I have seen Asians everywhere doing the same business, they even set up the stall in the Parks and Malls,they wake up as early as 1am and set up their items and every thing ready to sell. another person comes in the operating business hours to trade.

so what I mean here is, they can do anything and everything to secure the place to do their businesses.its like our villagers clear up their bushes for gardening to plant and to harvest, Asians treats business as their gardens.

so why are we complain? instead we should learn from them and tell our Government to provide us with the office that links with Asian Countries where we can order items and goods from n start selling as same as them.

does it make sense?

Respond to this message   
for shame!!!!

Re: We can beat them, they're only human.

August 14 2012, 2:24 AM 

What???? WHAT??????? You want PNGeans to cheat other PNGeans by buying the same poor quality or defective items from the same source of the Chinese?

You should be hanging your head in shame. You're just like a pollie-all you're thinking about is making money. Ethics means nothing to you, obviously!

Respond to this message   
Shame

Do what themendis do

August 14 2012, 11:39 AM 

Jiwakas, go to Mendi and see what they do!!

you will hardly see any Asians shops, Only Mendi Shops, you know wyy, they practically chased them out of their town.

One for you to learn.

Respond to this message   
png oreo for life

Re: Do what themendis do

August 15 2012, 11:49 AM 

The justice systems are flawed and inferrior you Jiwaka's need to exercise violence to bring the peace to your land.......act now or be a slave to the Asian Masters

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Highlands Forum