<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Southern Politics Forum  

GULF REGIONAL

October 12 2011 at 11:36 AM
kalf 

Any names? I suspect Chris Haiveta will contest... Havila Kavo the sitting member has been advertising plenty of good development plans but five years of wishful thinking is almost gone

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Kulf Poy

Re: GULF REGIONAL

October 12 2011, 5:01 PM 

Margaret Lokoloko. I het she's lunning po ta elexens too.

Blada Karu

Respond to this message   
alata kulf karu

October 14 2011, 10:26 AM 

Havila Kavo a simple rural "christian poe" was overwhelmed by power and money the likes of which he has never seen in his life before. He similarly talks the language of big bisnis and lives in dream World of mega bucks about which he or his brief-case carriers have no clue.

In the meantime services continue to deteriorate,the provincial administration is disfunctional, airstrips are closed,banks are closed, and our people continue to die unnecessarily on their way to hospitals or at sea.

I cast my mote of lo konfidence lao !

Respond to this message   
Gerehu Boy

January 2 2012, 12:02 PM 

Gibest Kerekere for Gulf Regional

Respond to this message   
Gerehu Boy

January 2 2012, 12:03 PM 

Gibest Kerekere for Gulf Regional

Respond to this message   

Jacob Kairi

June 24 2012, 2:43 PM 

JK will be the next governor for gulf province 2013

Respond to this message   
Central

Havila Kavo

January 5 2012, 3:36 PM 

this is the first time Gulf MP has done something that no other Gulf MP has done so why spoil his name when all the MPs where saying that his in a dream world with the Refinery
clean your other MPs back yard be for you open your big mouth

Respond to this message   
Iripoi

Re: Havila Kavo

January 6 2012, 9:52 AM 

What refinery????

Respond to this message   
Mangi Baiso

Havila is Gone

January 6 2012, 4:29 PM 

havila kavo will not come back.

What has he done for Baimuru?

All we hear is he is taking a roadshow around the globe but has brought by nothing for Baimuru and the rest of Gulf Province.

Respond to this message   

Havila Da Best

January 19 2012, 3:40 PM 

He has layed a good foundation. Another Five years & Gulf will never be the same as now.

Baiso, its a question of whether your Kikori MP is performing. It is Mark Maipakai who has done nothing for Kikori

Respond to this message   
Paukapoi

Re: Havila Da Best

January 31 2012, 1:51 PM 

Harako,

What “foundations”? You cannot be talking about the Interoil MOU “ape maa” in POM & and Vision 2020 dream toilet paper documents surely? Both are not worth the paper they are written on. The latter - a hurried cut & paste exercise from small-time UPNG academics is costed in the billions but is worth little more than a Flying-fox’s “ ee poara” in terms of its application to real needs NOW!

What foundations? You cannot be talking about remote POM/Suva/Cairns/Singapore leadership style that seems to be totally ignorant of the fact that in trying to make ends meet & in trying to reach services, our people have been dying at sea, on the road, under houses in the villages and even in settlements in Port Moresby, UNNECESSARILY !

What foundations? How can you and your good governor justify a second term to our people who are simple farmers and fisherman and who have been waiting the last five years for basic health, education, transport and banking services that are available, within walking distance, and that WORK ?

What foundations? How can you justify another term when our people know that in the last five years the provincial and district administrations have been dysfunctional and you and your Good Governor seems to have done nothing about it?

Could you elaborate a little on the “foundations” you say Havila da pest has laid in da last five years? I see nothing substantial! Please update and educate me!

By the way, passing the buck to previous Governors and other Open Members won’t do !

Respond to this message   
Full sapot

January 31 2012, 2:14 PM 

The fact is that Havila has become a very rich man so whether or not you believe in his foundations, he now has a huge bank account built on those very foundations.

He's the one laughing all the way to the bank, not you buster!

Respond to this message   
Paukapoi

February 3 2012, 8:43 AM 

Full Sapot – Your outlook stinks BIG Time!
Using the peoples' mandate to acquire personal wealth is a dangerous pass-time buster! Raising the hopes & expectations of hurting kalf people through a lot of hogwash and mauswara is a risky endeavour mate! “Pauper Poe to Prince Poe?..Rags to Riches ? Fine, if you have made it by making an honest buck. But not on the back of dying mothers and smart young kalf kids who are denied the opportunity to excel in life because of a run down & f’cked–up education system in their own province!
If what you are saying is true, then you and your good governor can laugh all the way to the bank for now, but mark my word, one of these days one of those kids after burying their mother, sister or auntie, will put a bullet or a knife through someone's skull if they keep f’cking up his/her dreams and his/her right.

Its no laughing matter, our people are desperate and our pollies MUST deliver on their promises or ship out if they don't have the guts and the skills to do it on time. Havila the Pest and his brief-case carriers do not cut it on both scores!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

February 3 2012, 7:45 PM 

Respond to this message   

June 12 2012, 1:30 PM 

Why is it always that we criticising our leader like kavo and maipakai and not looking at the positive things the two leaders have done during their 5 year term.
Maipakai has bought a couple of shipping and fishing vessels for his delta kikori area and electorate also with that a couple of pmvs for the omati road and also introduced a ne rubber project not forgetting his most of his JDPPBC funds are now starting to show with local health and educational care for some of the rural and local village and also a 4milion kina funding of the newly built ihu high schools
Kavo also a good leard by his own right have funded a lot of positive projects like the kerema to malalua road and his 2020 vision plan.
This poor leader have been trying to do their best whilst it’s the simple government officer and the people that they trust and work with are ******* them over when funding for local developments are giving. And it is not only the leaders fault but also we are to be blamed for some fall backs in our province, instead of depending and constantly demanding from the leaders why can’t we as individuals do it four our self. Stand up in our village or town or station and make deference………………

Respond to this message   
For shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 13 2012, 3:54 AM 

You a great example of whats wrong with PNG, mate. You'll happily turn your head the other way at all the money Maipakai has directed into his personal pockets and those of his cronies because he's let a few table scraps fall on the floor. Its outlooks like yours that have allowed corruption to flourish in PNG. For shame!

Respond to this message   
plessmahn

proof

June 13 2012, 12:23 PM 

but the qustion is do you or i have proof to bring him down? if not then we should just leave it to the people of gulf to decide in the 2012 elections...

Respond to this message   

Gulf Governor

June 24 2012, 2:46 PM 

You are an papet to him shame on you wastim time nathing em save givim you wanen

Respond to this message   
wash him away into torres strait

His name is Haiveta, not Haivela and he's a proven crook!

June 24 2012, 3:02 PM 

Recently he was a briefcase carrier for Peter O'Neill but musta run out of all the money he conned through Bougainville and now needs new ways to bring fresh cash into his personal account.

He was one of the early crooks of PNG, along with Julius Chan and Pais Wingti. Why bring back a proven crook to replace another proven crook? I don't get your logic.

Respond to this message   
paukapoi

January 9 2012, 9:07 AM 

Exactly, what refinery ? we don't need a freaken refinery right now ! We don't need Vision 2020 Pipedream Documents from amatuer UPNG academics! We urgently urgently need politicians who have the bols and suvvy to quickly & effectively negotiate a better deal for our mothers& children who are dying and remain uneducated; we need a man/woman who can ensure that services that are available in the province, ensure that facilities are operating and functioning in the province;
What is so difficult about completing a lousy 30km road between Malalaua and Kerema ?
What is so difficult about negoitiating for banking services to be reopened in the province ?
What is so hard about ensuring that our airstrips remain open ?
With due respect, Mister Kavo (& Maipakai and BumBum for that matter) has/have been tried and have been found wanting with regards to the above !

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

January 9 2012, 12:27 PM 

Well Said

Respond to this message   
Pu and Veira

Paukapoi - well said

January 9 2012, 2:37 PM 

I commend you and I stand with you to demand answers from Kavo, Maipakai and Bombom.

Where the freaking hell are they? Where is the Governor? Don't they see and feel the miseries our people are going through? Lives are being lost while traversing our tributaries and rivers, the most treacherous being the Tairuma. I guess the first thing you see when you are tossed here and there at the mouth of Tairuma is the Governors empty house on the hill because he is living in his overnight-acquired mansion at Waigani, a few metres away from his Lese girlfriend (widow friend).

Ihu,the home of Havila Kavo, stands amidst the grass and shrubs surrounding it. Close by RH is rampaging through the forest destroying food gardens,cemetaries & burial sites, betelnut gardens, bush fowl sites, traditional hunting grounds and sacred sites.

Kapuna Hospital is struggling to serve its patients but it is limited to serve only so much, the unfortunate are left to meet their final fate, thanks to Governor Kavo's negligence and shortsightedness.

Kavo, where are you?

Kavo, A lea voa?

Kavo, Ni eka'a?

Kavo, A deha?

Respond to this message   

to much ******* criticisising

June 12 2012, 1:34 PM 

Why is it always that we criticising our leader like kavo and maipakai and not looking at the positive things the two leaders have done during their 5 year term.
Maipakai has bought a couple of shipping and fishing vessels for his delta kikori area and electorate also with that a couple of pmvs for the omati road and also introduced a ne rubber project not forgetting his most of his JDPPBC funds are now starting to show with local health and educational care for some of the rural and local village and also a 4milion kina funding of the newly built ihu high schools
Kavo also a good leard by his own right have funded a lot of positive projects like the kerema to malalua road and his 2020 vision plan.
This poor leader have been trying to do their best whilst it’s the simple government officer and the people that they trust and work with are ******* them over when funding for local developments are giving. And it is not only the leaders fault but also we are to be blamed for some fall backs in our province, instead of depending and constantly demanding from the leaders why can’t we as individuals do it four our self. Stand up in our village or town or station and make deference………………

Respond to this message   
Central

January 10 2012, 1:27 PM 

What did other Governors did for Gulf leaders like Chris Haiveta and other Governors in Central Moroi is like Mr Haiveta other Governors of Gulf

so you tell me what did chris Haiveta and the other Governors DID for GUlf

Respond to this message   
Iripoi

January 10 2012, 2:47 PM 

Karu e....you ok or? Other governors dont have to do anyting for Kulf....only Kavo will. Whats your point? You want Central Governor to do something for Kulf plovince? You kola pee kiddin me

Respond to this message   

Innocent man named by cousin in Campaign

June 18 2012, 5:28 PM 

19th June at 4:30 pm Havila Kavo's campaign dinghy stopped at my wife's village without Havila.My cousin Deibo mentioned my name in his campaign speech while floating in dinghy.I heard him and called him.Can you come up and and in the long house.He shouted at me you and Mahega Morito are with Mark Maipakai.I can,t be accussed with mark.I receive nothing from Mark.I apologies to non gope speakers and the governor for the mistake of my cousin.Is this action correct in camp?.Becuse i,m villager.I respect every candidate.please don,t take me enemy.

Respond to this message   
Alpha

Re: Innocent man named by cousin in Campaign

June 18 2012, 9:46 PM 

You are 1 day ahead than the rest of PNG.

Respond to this message   

come for the public forum at kei town challenge the governor.

February 13 2012, 10:50 PM 

don't be a chicken and hide under your mothers pants; there are many out there that want to criticise their leaders but do not have any better alternatives, like many of you who have jotted in this column have never being in calf province you truly r foreners. u dont even have homes in any villages in gulf, nor have u walked the length and the breadth of the province, governor kavo is the only politician who has had walked the whole province.

Gulf is the only province that does not have roads connecting the ten (10) local level Governments and is the only province closes to pom but never connected for more than 15years,just connected in the last two years almost completed, truly made life hard for many gulf citizens to meaningfully participate in ten

Roads; kerema malalaua road= @ K47million world bank funding almost completed

Education1, kerema high school rehabilitation @ K 3.0 million
2, ihu high school rehabilitation @ K 1.5 million
3, Distribution of computers to all the high schools and selected primary schools.
4, school uniforms for selected high schools and primary schools
5, recruitment of 130 teachers for all the primary and top up schools in gulf province,
6,school fee sponsorship for the last 4 years a total of K2.o million

Respond to this message   
Marupai

Re: come for the public forum at kei town challenge the governor.

February 14 2012, 3:39 PM 

Hey foxy !
Nice combo in name there dude ! A gentle dove and a wily flying fox ?

We accept the invitation and take you and the Governor to task to justify a second term in Office.

We will engage in a public debate anytime/anywhere. But why only now? Why not before ? Why not Waigani University Campus or at IPA right next to the Governor’s new mansion at wagaheights?

Fine, start at K town first if you must, perhaps because that is where the neglected run down provincial administration is based; that is where the Governor’s empty unoccupied official residence is located; and most importantly, that is where the Good Governor started and used the church and the people of God to get to where he is now ?

Maybe before the debate, as a former pastor, the Governor can preach a message there first? Lets see if he has a testimony and integrity to do so now ?

If you both have survived K-town, then come to Overgrown-with- grass Ihu station next. “Ilavila oharoharo elare uri havuhu arilai! “ Some of us youngsters from Ihu have had and heard enough of your “opore”. We have been home for the past 2 and half years and have not seen the Governor walk from Aivei, to Vailala to Tairuma. So don’t bulshit on here. We will leave the kameas, the toaripis, the koarus, the tairumas, the korikis, the kerewos, the Gopes and others to speak for themselves on the frequency with which the Governor has “walked” their neighbourhood since he got elected.

Your list of the Governor’s achievements is laughable! You and the Governor cannot take any credit for the K47million World Bank loan funding for an uncompleted road nor the Kerema High School rehabilitation program. We know exactly the people behind the scenes who have negotiated these.

Debate ? Bring it on man, indicate the dates and we will be there !

Respond to this message   

Gulf Governor

June 24 2012, 2:38 PM 

Why should you waste your time in supporting him I think you are parpet to him also.

Respond to this message   

Gulf Governor

June 24 2012, 2:34 PM 

Bro well done I support you he has done nothing.

Respond to this message   

Gulf Governor

June 24 2012, 2:36 PM 

Bro well done I support you he has done nothing.

Respond to this message   
Gulf Needs Change

Gulf Must Move Forward.. Enough of being on the Reverse Gear.

May 2 2012, 12:08 PM 

The People of Gulf have suffered enough from so called Gulf elites and leaders. Gulf produced 2 Prime Ministers and an acting PM, but that hasn't made any difference to Gulf. In fact, basic services and infrastructure in Gulf has deteriorated to such a level that it stands no more like a province of PNG. People in the likes of Mr. Reuben Giusu, can really see the plight of the Gulf people, and so has sacrifised his luxury and well paid job, to serve Gulf in the Capacity of the Province's political head. These days, everything must have the political will to get off ground. Past and Current Gulf leaders do not have the insight and the will to rescue Gulf from its current pathetic state, but are rather just one of the boys at the Waigani. We have put in our own so called Gulf leaders and they've failed us, so let us now look at others who have made Gulf their home, to lead us out of our miseries. Giusu has a permanent base in Miaru, Gulf Province, and is much happier there than in the comforts of POM city. He has just demonstrated that he will live and work in Gulf as a Governor, unlike the current Governor and Haiveta. I hope, people can realise this fact and elect people of Giusu's calibre, who will bring back the PEC from POM to Gulf, and operate back in Kerema as the HQ of Gulf Province. Moreover, Giusu has established good professional relationship with major Land Owner Groups in the LNG2 area and Purari and Kikori, and the intherlands to advance the cause of the people there, and am sure he can negotiate best deals for Gulf province and her people. He has travelled virtually everywhere in the Gulf and has met the locals, listened to their stories, ate and slept with them, and is more conversant and knowledgable on the people's plight and problems than anyother from the Gulf. He is the man, that will bring that much needed change to Gulf province because he knows what is really the problem, being knowledgable, he is in the better position to device stratergies to aleviate our proble,s. In his term as Governor when elected, am sure Kerema will truly come alive as a Provincial Hq, than its current look as an outstation in Gumine.
Over to you, Gulf.

Respond to this message   
corruption at pngscape is being hidden

POMIX, THE PNGSCAPE CENSORSHIP MERI... GO GO GO POMIX, HIDE THE CORRUPTION, HIDE IT HIDE I

May 2 2012, 1:11 PM 

pomix, pomix, pomix! This story is NOT going to go away!

Respond to this message   
Paukapoi

Haiveta

January 13 2012, 10:33 AM 

With the reported appointment of Haiveta as PNG High Commissioner to Australia, does that mean that he is not contesting Gulf Regional ?

Respond to this message   
kk

yes

January 13 2012, 10:49 AM 

yes Kavo is in O'Neils Party

Respond to this message   
Pu and Veira

Kavo - time to move

January 16 2012, 11:10 AM 

Kavos is in PNC and the party leader O'Neill is the parliament-elected Prime Minister. What is he waiting for?

This is the right time for him to move swiftly and do something to improve at least some of the most basic services in Gulf Province and our provincial capital, Kerema town.

I know the PMVs are travelling into Kerema town now, and more improvements are yet to be done on the road. The banking service needs to be reopened. And there are many others, especially with health and education.

Respond to this message   
La Poi

Re: Kavo - time to move

January 16 2012, 11:13 AM 

No, he is too comfortable living in his mansion at Waigani, next to his girl friend, the widow from Lese Oalai that he can't be bothered by the difficulties faced by our people in the province.

He is also doing the last rounds to store up his loot before the election comes.

Respond to this message   
Hakepoi

Re: Kavo - time to move

January 18 2012, 9:22 AM 

Whether Kavo has a Lese kelfren or a mansion @ Waigani I guess these are private things that the big man is entittled to. It comes with the territory he occupies as a politician and Governor. As long as they were aquired legitimately. The truth will need to be established, but answering for the former to his misus(and friends) who has/have stood by him during his political career is alata meta. Answering to the God that he professes to believe in on his personal integrity is also a personal matter.

However, answering to the electorate on his performance as Governor is "alata fik meta" that the Good Governor needs to be concerned about. He has practically nothing to show for his time in office:

kulf administration - dead
Public Servants Morale - zero
Banking system - dead
Airstrips - closed
Roads - what roads ?
Wharfs and Jetties - what wharves ?
Schools - closed or badly run down
Aidposts and health Centres - most closed or badly run down with no drugs
District stations - overgrown with grass
Condition and quality of life in villages - ?????? - pakin pastat !

Over to you Governor and your supporters. What have you to say ? Give me your list, tell me I am wrong ..

Respond to this message   

Time for Change

January 21 2012, 1:00 PM 

I agree with Hakepoi, We need a new blood, tired of leaders who reside in Pom City, They want fun, women, pokies you name it and never in their electorate. Koi2 taudia, ita kokidia...

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: Time for Change

February 4 2012, 7:22 AM 

MMMMMMMMmmmmmm

Respond to this message   
NO MORE CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 4 2012, 11:03 AM 

We've been changing for the past 35 years. Change for the worse, all downhill.

NO MORE CHANGE FOR PNG!!!! All we get is bad results!!!!!!

Respond to this message   
Marupai

February 6 2012, 1:05 PM 

Dont know if you are a kalf karu/haela or not. But hey, since changes are going on anyway, the great thing is to learn enough about them so that we will be able to lay hold of them and turn them in the direction of good. Conditions and events(good or bad) are neither to be fled from nor passively acquiesced in; they are to be utilized and directed. Martin Luther King once said:

"The soft-minded man always fears change. He feels security in the status quo, and he has an almost morbid fear of the new. For him, the greatest pain is the pain of a new idea."

National/Provincial elections by definition are meant to be opportunities for change. Embrace it boldly man. Maintenance of the status quo has to be justified !

"HOA AE, HARE AE, ITA ARE, MIRI ARE, HARE ARE, HOA ARE !
(ask the 'Author of A Thousand Years in a Life Time' for intepretation !)

Respond to this message   
you're quoting the wrong hero

February 6 2012, 2:06 PM 

I think if you want to be quoting Martin Luther King, you should start realising that all the change he talked about was most certainly not caused or helped by politicians!

Martin Luther King was 101% about people power, not politicians. Martin Luther King helped get people out in the streets, not led by a politicians, but led by themselves.

If King would know now what you were quoting him to support change taking place by politicians, he would laugh if not cry.

Yes in the end, King was after full rights for voting, but even then, he put more emphasis on people pressuring the government NOT through elections, but through people power sitdown demonstrations, marches, etc.

We'll never do any of that in PNG because we're all too big of cowards!

Respond to this message   
Marupai

February 8 2012, 10:53 AM 

I beg to differ ! It is the rait-quote at the rait-time in PNG from a rait-inspirational leader.

The civil rights movement in the US was in its infancy and Martin Luther King jr was instrumental amongst others, in providing crucial leadership at the right time. He was a politician through and through but more importantly, a change agent!.

Yes its about a movement but its also about LEADERSHIP and INSPIRING change.

There were many leaders in the civil rights struggle, but Martin Luther King was more than just the most conspicuous of them, and more than just an eloquent speaker. His non-violence inspired support and appealed vitally to neutrals in a way that negated more conservative voices. No one else matched his leadership of targeted, orchestrated campaigns that strengthened national political strategy. After 1965, he accepted the challenge of fighting ghetto poverty and American militarism and spurned the spoils of leadership to campaign for peace and justice.

Ok I agree with you that he was made famous by a movement that carried him to fame, but his noblest legacy for me is that he founded, shaped and lead movement(s) still in their infancy.

For King, Leadership meant standing up for what he believed in - in a non violent way. In PNG true visionary leadership MUST do the same - believing in and being positive about ourselves but simultaneously protecting,defending, utilizing (and if necessary be daring enough to adapt)the Parliamentary Democratic System and its Institution that we have inherited, to lead and engineer change.

Your concluding sentence seems to imply that your glass is half empty rather than being half full !

May I suggest that for many of us in PNG , that may be our real issue - unbelief and a negetive outlook!

Respond to this message   
Guf Of Aden

Kerema em nogut or.

February 15 2012, 9:17 AM 

This message has been edited by DeFlash on Jun 12, 2012 8:14 PM

Respond to this message   

" RAUSIM MARK MAIPAKAI"

June 1 2012, 11:25 AM 

PEES ITS VOTE THAT CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE ALL YOU YOU ELIGIBLE VOTERS PLEASE MAKE A RIGHT CHOICE AND VOTE FOR SOME WHO CAN REPLACE THE STUPID "MARK MAPAKAI"

SOMEBODY ......... TELL ME WHO IS NOW THE HOT CANDIDATE FOR KIKORI OPEN 2012 SO I CAN GO WITH THE MAJORITY.

Respond to this message   
plessmahn

lol

June 12 2012, 6:08 PM 

and what about you mate.... so it is all right for other people to do it and not the leader ay??? in the eyes of good every ones is the same no matter how high or low your statues are you will still be charged for what every you do and recive the same... i think you should watch your mouth and look at your self befor you judge others.

Respond to this message   
MLK

June 13 2012, 3:47 AM 

You are in a dreamworld. When MLK was a leader he was surrounded by unbelief and a negative outlook and most black people wouldn't even join him in solidarity in America. You're getting carried away putting too much with the way popular history has written his life. Read the detailed historical accounts and a different picture comes to light. To be sure King was a great leader but that was because he pushed through the cynicism. Frankly we have no PNGean yet who isn't in leadership for their own greed. If there were a truly honest leader I can guarantee you that person would push through the cynicism here in PNG too. But they don't exist and thats why we get the results we see.

Respond to this message   
Angelo

What he done lately?

March 1 2012, 3:37 AM 

Mr Kavo is in the papers all the time and people think he is daily active. Last week he says he is protecting Gulf landowners from Exxon because they are putting pipeline in the Gulf fishing territory. Exxon says "no". So what is truth? If they do this in area that will harm fishing grounds that will never be good. Who knows truth? Is it real or is he talking to be in papers so it look like he is working hard for us?

His talk of roads, schools, hospitals banks cannot happen unless the Interoil LNG project is built here. What good is all his talk if this doesn't happen? Pictures show him talking with the people and bringing people from Energy World and Interoil to be sure the project happens, but delays, delays, delays. We need action now and a decision by NEC and Mr Duma that says Yes this project will happan. But how, when, by who? When will they show landowners paperwork to be sure we dont have what has happened with Exxon? Nobody there knows what is going on. Where does money go.

Mr Kavo, deliver this LNG project and make sure it is fair and good for the people of The Gulf then we can say you did something good!

Respond to this message   

Kavo is the hindge

March 21 2012, 9:20 PM 

In 2006 the agreement was signed by the agreement NEC to move the pipeline napanapa from gulf. Kavo changed that when he wa elected in 2007. He stil remains the hindge. That is why gulf recieved the infrastructuaral grants... If kavo goes.. Mind yu.. NEC decitions are refutable. No Kavo.. No no Gulf LNG. Why does duma want to bring bek shell, becaus there are interests tied. Kavo standsas a true hero for Gulf.

Respond to this message   

Kavo is the hindge

March 21 2012, 9:22 PM 

In 2006 the agreement was signed by the agreement NEC to move the pipeline napanapa from gulf. Kavo changed that when he wa elected in 2007. He stil remains the hindge. That is why gulf recieved the infrastructuaral grants... If kavo goes.. Mind yu.. NEC decitions are refutable. No Kavo.. No no Gulf LNG. Why does duma want to bring bek shell, becaus there are interests tied. Kavo standsas a true hero for Gulf.

Respond to this message   
Made in Aroma-Matrixrmb

I rest my case for Gulf

March 13 2012, 2:32 PM 

All you Karue's are waisting your time talking, tabling acussations and no conclusions or results, we are in 2012 now, so need for a change for someone strong with true leadership qualities; My conclusion for Gulf Regional is Mr. Andrew Morimae.......Anybody have an answer or other solutions.....if not than I invite you all to the polls in April, we shall see all of you in the arena, good luck to all your candidates but this one is Governor in waiting.....

Respond to this message   
nangumori

GULF NEEDS GOD NOT KAVO

April 23 2012, 3:26 AM 

Gulf needs GOD more than Haiveta, Karo, Kerekere etc...time to break the curses over Gulf province.

Respond to this message   
teeter

Re: GULF NEEDS GOD NOT KAVO

April 23 2012, 7:20 AM 

Doesn't it seem strange to you that so many non-Christian countries do better in governance than PNG. Ever think about that? Maybe the problem isn't what God does or doesn't do but rather, the fact that we sit on our lazy arses and don't forceably keep our pollies in line if necessary.

Respond to this message   
nangumori

Re: GULF NEEDS GOD NOT KAVO

April 24 2012, 1:03 AM 

No it doesn't seem strange to me especially when these so called non-christian countries are ruled and controlled by a coalition of political and economic interests, ruling over their societies through veiled hegemonies or dictatorships.

Man cannot rule himself! He needs a ruler.

Societies, and for that matter countries, are only stabilized through authority from a ruling class/clique, be they overt or covert. If you look hard enough you'll realize that democracy is therefore just a cloak for economic and political slavery of the masses by the enemy of God..

Western nations are ruled by capitalist dictators (under the pretext/hogwash of representative democracy), communist states are ruled by communist dictators, Islamic states are ruled by Islamic dictators etc...the list goes on.

As for Gulf, a good amount of spiritual development will bring it out of the darkness of underdevelopment...and hopefully a God-fearing leader will emerge out of that process.:-)

Respond to this message   
Mr. T

My Prediction of The winner of Gulf Regional.

April 30 2012, 12:38 AM 

I recently visited Gulf province, doing research work on a special project.
In my meetings with the people, from Yokea to Malalaua, and from Kerema to Baimuru - Kikori, it is evident of all the people that I've met, around 65-70% of are talking about one Ruben Giusu.
I don't know Guy personally, but I think Mr. Ruben Giusu will win the Gulf Regional seat.

Respond to this message   
bullcrap

Re: My Prediction of The winner of Gulf Regional.

April 30 2012, 2:27 AM 

I think your a wantok of Ruben Giusu and you're making up a bunch of crap to make it seem like your not. You didn't do any survey at all and besides, why would you even mention this particular candidate's name if your not even from Gulf province?

It all smells like a dead fish. Your a liar thats for certain and because of your trick has been exposed you are now shamed before the entire world on this internet.

Respond to this message   
Miaru Lad

Ruben Giusu

May 1 2012, 12:45 PM 

Sir Ruben Giusu, is the man for Gulf Regional. A no nonsense man, he is truly a People's Leader.
He has made a big difference in terms of policing and law and order in Gulf, in his previous capacity as our PPC.
He has a proven track record, which puts him up as a hard worker and achiever. In his term as PPC gulf, he made a huge impact, which has truly trickled down to the ordinary villager, installing discipline and respect for law and others. He is the man of the moment.
Full Support, Sir.

Respond to this message   
Alpha Lareva

Re: Ruben Giusu

May 1 2012, 2:15 PM 

Sounds more Reuben boy only tickled the ordinary villagers.....huge impact..hehehe

Respond to this message   
Lareva Kofa

May 1 2012, 10:25 PM 

Gulf leaders have always failed the people of Gulf. They get elected only to be stationed at POM city, together with the Provincial Administrator and Provincial Treasurer. Kerema is just next door to Port Moresby, but our elected members have time and time again, failed miserably in upgrading the Kerema - Malaua highway. Having said that, the people of Gulf have survived because of their own sheer hardwork, there's is hardly anything tangible like infrastructure development, improved health and improved education services in the Gulf. Kerema, the hq of Gulf doesn't have water supply and proper sanition. Why because the MPs are living and merry easy going life in PoM, and so they're not affected to be concerned.
The only Senior public servant, who was and is always on the ground, making sure that his department was functioning to expectation, is Chief Inspector Reuben Giusu, the man from Morobe. He may not be a Gulf man, but he has the heart for Gulf and her people. He also lives in resides in Gulf and has made Miaru is home.
He will have the mandate of Gulf to be the next Governor, whether you failures like it or not.
Reuben Giusu for GULF !!

Respond to this message   
Mala Poy

May 2 2012, 9:32 AM 

Reuben Giusu is da nait man po da job.
Kalf f*ckers always fail us kalf pipol.
Ruben Giusu, will surely bring much need change for Kalf province & the people.

Respond to this message   
karue

vote wisely

May 3 2012, 10:38 PM 

It is high time our undeveloped province finally has a leader with vision who walks the walk and talks the talk. Word from kerikora says that the people dont want an outsider. As educated people; go back to your villages and urge people to vote good leaders.
Money of all things should not speak this time around and every little thing counts.
We want a well educated leader who can reason and speak for us at the floor of parliament,one who is simple and will bring himself down to the average villager and be approachable yet respected, a candidate who has one wife and family as this shows he has a high sense of virtue and moral and is bound to lead in the same way, someone who speaks our mother tongue and has a house in the village and most importantly a person who wont give handouts during campaign as this clearly reflects how this person will do things once in government.
I know where my vote is.
With the above criteria, this leaves possibly less then 10 percent of the indending candidates who qualify and my vote lies with a man not yet mentioned on this posting.

Respond to this message   
em!

Re: vote wisely

May 4 2012, 7:07 AM 

You have made quite a nice posting and it doesn't surprise me at all that the person you'll be voting for hasn't been mentioned yet. Reason being that the majority of 'educated' (are we truly) people on pngscape are as fooled by sweet talk and promises of development as is the most illiterate villager. Thus, all they mention or wanna talk about are various kon mangi candidates. It would be funny if it werent so depressing!

Respond to this message   
sapota

The corrupt Haiveta is BACK IN ACTION! Contesting Gulf Regional!

June 13 2012, 4:53 AM 

THE CORRUPT HAIVETA STOLE AND MANIPULATED ENOUGH MONEY DURING HIS TIME IN OFFICE TO ALMOST RUN THE ENTIRE GULF PROVINCE.

News
Tuesday 12th June, 2012
Haiveta back to contest seat again

CHIEFS from Moripi villages in East Kerema have given their blessings to former Deputy Prime Minister and Gulf Governor and non Parliamentary Leader of Pangu Pati Chris Haiveta to contest the Gulf Provincial seat and be elected as their Governor after polling after June 26.

Mr Haiveta lost the seat to the current Governor Havila Kavo in the 2007 elections. According to close family members, his losing the Gulf regional seat was due to the death of his father whom he buried just before the casting of votes then. He was in mourning and did not campaign since the 2002 elections until now.

Last Wednesday however, at his village in Lese Oalai along the Bereina-Malalaua Trans island highway and later at Miaru, about 25 traditional clan chiefs and elders conducted a ritual to free him from mourning and empowered him to speak. They gave their blessings for his campaign to win back the Governor’s seat. Mr Haiveta in his own traditional bloodlines holds the title of paramount Chiefs Itou Aisa and Hiae in the Moripi and Maitai tribes of East Kerema.

During this special occasion, people from the nearby villages travelled by road, sea and river to witness the occasion and hear Mr Haiveta speak.

Elderly chiefs, women and young people spoke highly of Mr Haiveta’s leadership stressing that he has true leadership qualities and suited to be considered PNG’s alternate prime minister if the occasion arises after the elections.

Mr Haiveta when addressing the people said the Gulf Province has gone backwards in the past five years.

“Banking services do not exist. Shipping services only serve big companies through charter arrangements. Most of the 20 rural airstrips of the province have all closed down. Health, education services and other service delivery is non existent. “

“All provincial and rural feeder roads are in total disrepair as the administrative centres and patrol posts. The Gulf Provincial Government is in debt to the tune of K27 million, the worst in history,” Mr Haiveta said.

He added that provincial leadership and co-operation amongst leaders are non-existent. “All provincial investments that I made amounting to K5 million have been withdrawn and used up and the provincial business arms GIFT and GEDA have been bankrupted and now used as conduits to conduct bogus business ventures and siphoned off millions of public funds outside the Public Finance Management Act through illegal consultancies and claims by Havila Kavo’s cronies and relatives,” Mr Haiveta said. He said Gulf Province has missed out totally in the PNG LNG project and some pipeline landowners have not even been included in the Omati Rover Corridor and the Moripi Corridor.

Respond to this message   

Time for Change

June 18 2012, 4:17 PM 

Whilst you guys throw mud at each other ...Why dont you try Steven Mitaharo? Who knows he might just be the Karu to delever the goods.He has done some community work in the province. Check him out!!!!!

Respond to this message   

Kikori open electorate

July 12 2012, 10:27 PM 

Who is leading from count one?

Respond to this message   
tude

Re: Kikori open electorate

July 13 2012, 2:08 AM 

I've heard the corrupt Haiveta is leading right now.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - GULF REGIONAL
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Southern Politics Forum