<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Full Cap Measuring Instructions/Diagrams

October 22 2011 at 4:09 PM
No score for this post

(Premier Login -Eric)
Forum Owner

Chesca has been nice enough to email me some addtional tips to pass on for measuring your head for a full cap order. I need the 7 measurements shown in the top diagram.

Chesca has provided an additional diagram and typed instructions to make it easier for those that have not done it before, since the top diagram has a lot going on with various colors, etc. There is one less measurement in the bottom diagram, but it's listed in the typed instructions:

[linked image]

[linked image]

Measurement instructions (see corresponding number on top, colored chart):

1) CIRCUMFERENCE will measure the perimeter of your head. Starting at the center of the front hairline, place the measuring tape flat against your head and completely guide it around your head. Position the measuring tape just above the ear, down towards the nape area and back around to the center of the front hairline.

***How to find the natural hairline? There are a couple of ways, it's usually 4 fingers higher than the eyebrows; the other way is to look into a mirror, wrinkle your forehead and where the smooth skin starts is the hairline, that's usually very visible.

2) FRONT TO NAPE (Front To Back) will measure your head from the mid forehead point to the mid nape point of your neck. The nape is located where your neck bends if you were to tilt your head back and look up. This is also where the bottom of the wig should sit to prevent shifting when the head tilts. Starting at the mid front hairline, measure backwards across the top of your head and down the backof the head to the mid nape area.

3) EAR TO EAR ACROSS FOREHEAD/FRONT HAIRLINE Place the tape right above one ear and angle the tape so that it can be guided along your forehead's natural hairline until reaching the top of the other ear.

4)TEMPLE TO TEMPLE Place the measuring tape at one temple area and guide it along around the back of your occipital bone until reaching the other temple area.
For this measurement, it is extremely important to wear your hair exactly how you plan on wearing it under the wig! This will minimise the chance of your wig not fitting properly.

5) EAR TO EAR (OVER THE TOP OF HEAD) measures your head for the top of the wig base.
Place the tape against your head at the top edge of your ear and go directly across the top of your head to the top edge of the opposite ear

6) Temple To Temple Over Back Of Head - Place the tape edge at one temple point and go all the way around the back of the head to the other temple point.

7) NAPE (Width Of Neck) - Place the measuring tape at the lowest point of your neck hairline and measure across the neck to the opposite side. This will measure the width of your neck

Thank you for the additional info. Chesca!

Eric

This message has been edited by -Eric on Nov 15, 2011 7:27 AM
This message has been edited by -Eric on Oct 25, 2011 11:20 PM
This message has been edited by -Eric on Oct 22, 2011 10:56 PM
This message has been edited by -Eric on Oct 22, 2011 4:11 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login lavenderUK)

Measuring tape.

No score for this post
October 22 2011, 4:50 PM 

YW!
It's recommended to use a new measuring tape as fabric tapes can stretch and you'll then get a mis-measure.

(Premier Login -Eric)
Forum Owner

Re: Measuring tape.

No score for this post
October 22 2011, 10:59 PM 

Being able to just submit measurements is such a nice option to have when you are in a jam and want to save the extra time of making and mailing off a template, etc.

I just wear a topper, but I've ordered this way and it worked out great...the difference of course is that it's just L x W on a topper.

One of my recent orders was for a customer needing a full cap and he said this works out great for him every time. I guess with 7 measurements, it's bound to be extremely accurate.

Current Topic - Full Cap Measuring Instructions/Diagrams
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum