<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Tips on getting more body in the front?

March 25 2012 at 9:57 PM
No score for this post
receded93  (no login)

Hey all -

Just wondering what tips you might have for getting more body in the front of the hairpiece? I comb my hair back but from a profile view it seems quite flat in the front.

It has a tendency to lay down more than I'd like, and some of it may be due to the fact that it's about 3 1/2" long

Some of the pics that Enrique has posted appear to have lots of nice body in the front, even on his 5 month old piece that he posted about.

Thanks

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
lfc
(no login)

Re: Tips on getting more body in the front?

No score for this post
March 26 2012, 2:58 AM 

maybe applying different hair products will solve the problem. you have to try a few to see what works for you...just what happens for normal hair as well.

Craig
(no login)

No score for this post
March 26 2012, 5:34 AM 

After I spray mist my hair with water, and apply my leave in conditioner, I use my fingers to scrunch up my whole piece, and then gently brush it back. It gives the piece lift and body.

Steven
(Login Steven_G_UK)

No score for this post
March 26 2012, 8:34 AM 

Enrique's hair is quite short and so he is able to style it with body quite easily.
Like me, you've left your hair longer at the front and you're quite right, the extra length tends to flatten the hair over time.

However, you can spritz your hair with water and comb it down on to your forehead & allow it to dry naturally.
Then, when you comb it backwards, off your face, you'll find it has more lift to it.
Alternatively, lifting the hair at right angles from your head and giving it a gentle blast with a hair dryer (not too hot) will set the hair and give it lift.

Steven
(Login Steven_G_UK)

No score for this post
March 26 2012, 8:53 AM 

I like a bit of a quiff and have found a flat topper comb invaluable for giving the hair a bit of a lift.

http://www.hairscissors.co.uk/flat-topper-comb-by-brain-drum-the-original--333_prod.html

Bob The Mod
(no login)

No score for this post
March 26 2012, 9:26 PM 

I want to know the opposite.I have a kind of Liam Gallagher haircut,and it has to much body.

(Premier Login -Eric)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
March 26 2012, 11:10 PM 

Hi Bob,

I wasn't sure who that was so I just pulled up photos, have you ever tried going with "forward from the crown" ventilation? It keeps the hair laying down on top, but you still have play in it if you want to mess it up a bit, etc.

Thanks,
Eric

Bob The Mod
(no login)

No score for this post
March 27 2012, 3:21 PM 

Thanks Eric.

Enriquepacheco
(no login)

No score for this post
March 30 2012, 9:24 PM 

I think the style and the length is the trick..the longer the hair the flatter will look when you comb it back, mine is short and I can easily give the unit either volume or keep it flatter. Ventilation in the unit also can make a difference. Try Pantene Smoothing Creme, I use the one for normal/thick hair, it gives you shine and either you can give it volume or smooth the hair to a more straight look.

GibberishNonsense
(Login GibberishNonsense)

No score for this post
April 1 2012, 12:11 PM 

I have two, actually three, suggestions. First, invest in a good quality tourmaline ionic hairdryer, such as a Sedu. They ain't cheap, but with all the money you're saving in hair, you should be able to afford it. That will allow you to use a round brush and some heat to achieve the lift you're wanting without causing too much damage. Also, hit your hair will a blast of cool air after the heat. Heat allows hair to take style but cooling it off (while it's still held in the brush) allows the style to really hold. On days where dragging out a hairdryer is too much, spray a little (non-alcohol) hairspray on a hairbrush then brush your hair into the style you want. That helps a lot.

Finally, keeping your hair in "liftable" shape means taking care of it--the hair itself--and I don't think there anything, absolutely nothing, better for that than Wen Cleansing Conditioner. I swear, that stuff is like crack for my hair. It's amazing. No other shampoo or conditioner comes close. You try it one time and you'll be hooked. It's expensive, but if you order it from QVC you'll get a better deal, and given that I don't wash my unit but once every two weeks, the stuff lasts forever. (I'm just a day wearer. I don't sleep in my unit.)

Those things help me . . . and I tend to do a lot of jacking my hair up in the front.

Good Luck!

(Login derick63)

No score for this post
April 2 2012, 4:44 PM 

Are you referring to more "body" or more "lift". I believe you are actually talking about more lift. Aside from the styling advice that's already been posted, lift also has to do with the way a unit is ventilated. If the hair is knotted with "double knots", the hair will have more lift than a unit that is knotted with "single knots". Note, this is not to be confused with single strand ventilation where just one hair is tied to the lace at a time. In the case of double-knotting, a single strand of hair is knotted to the lace twice giving the hair much more lift.

I actually prefer my hair to lay much flatter to my head and have, with other vendors, specified "single knots".

Current Topic - Tips on getting more body in the front?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum