<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Video link on how to attach topper with Hollister Adhesive

May 8 2012 at 12:19 PM
No score for this post
  (Login llekyam)

Hi guys here is a video for those who are new, showing how simple it is to attach a topper piece with Hollister medical adhesive. I will make another video showing hop to clean the piece once you remove it to make it real simple, if you do it the a certain way it can be real fast , if you do it another way it can be a real pain. When I get another stock piece from Eric I will make a video showing how to cut it down to size to fit your template.

http://youtu.be/2vXieci7jKQ

This message has been edited by llekyam on May 8, 2012 1:29 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

Re: Video link on how to attach topper with Hollister Adhesive

No score for this post
May 8 2012, 2:01 PM 

Nice video!

How long of an application time are you getting on this?

(Login llekyam)

3 to 4 days

No score for this post
May 8 2012, 2:37 PM 

Hi receded93 I get from 3 to 4 days hold it can probably do more but I like to take of to clean my scalp. I will leave it on 5 days now to see how it goes.

(no login)

Re: 3 to 4 days

No score for this post
May 8 2012, 4:35 PM 

Cool. I have the same stock piece as you (diff color of course)

Eric, can you comment on the issues specifically with using tape on thinskin? If you made sure to put enough alcohol on it seems to me that it would release ok without any more wear & tear than glue?

Drew
(Login drew100)

Re: 3 to 4 days

No score for this post
May 8 2012, 6:02 PM 

Hi Maykell, that was an informative video thanks for doing that. Just curious, why did you switch from full cap to topper? Is a topper less detectable and easier to wear than a full cap?

Pat C
(Login patmass6)

French Lace

No score for this post
May 8 2012, 9:17 PM 

Hi Maykell,
Would the Hollister medical grade work on an all french lace piece? Also where do you get the Hollister Glue? What do you use to release.
Thanks
Pat

torsdag
(no login)

Re: French Lace

No score for this post
May 8 2012, 10:54 PM 

Nice video, thanks for posting..

(Premier Login -Eric)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
May 8 2012, 11:27 PM 

Thank you so much for taking the time to make this video for everyone Maykell, it is so nice to "see" things being done sometimes rather than just reading about them. That was an excellent video and I am looking forward to seeing your cleanup video in a few days.

Hi Receded...I personally would never use tape on a thinskin piece, because I have heard from many that it can rip the base when you try to take it off because it is too fragile.

I have had a few wearers tell me they put a light tape down first and then a strong tape over it (a couple guys have even mentioned a scotch tape barrier to me), however please remember you still run the risk of ruining your piece if the tape doesn't overlap just right and the strong tape gets on the base. Some then leave the "barrier tape" on the piece and just continue to tape over it.

I just wouldn't personally use tape on thinskin from what I've heard from the majority due to the risks...unless you have an old piece that you want to experiment on. I'd hate to hear that you ruined a good/new piece. Tape sometimes "fuses" to skin or poly and then it causes removal issues because the tape just does not want to come off without a lot of effort. With poly, it's durable enough that you can get it off without ruining the base, but that's not the case with thinskin or ultra thinskin.

This is just my 2 cents and hopefully those that have more experience actually wearing skin can chime in too.

siroadster
(no login)

No score for this post
May 9 2012, 7:08 AM 

Keep the videos coming I say Maykell - Brilliant

Torsdag
(Login torsdag)

No score for this post
May 9 2012, 10:36 AM 

Maykell, have you made a video of cutting your stock piece out using your template as it would be interesting to see ?

(Login jazz876)

No score for this post
May 14 2012, 12:32 PM 

Hi Maykell,
how does the hollister glue if you play basketball or raquetball?

Thanks for all your help.

jazz

(Login llekyam)

No problem with sweat

No score for this post
May 14 2012, 5:13 PM 

Hi Jazz, I workout everyday with the insanity video workouts which are real intense. Sometimes 2 hours per day, and it holds up with no problem.

Bob The Mod
(no login)

Re: No problem with sweat

No score for this post
June 11 2012, 9:18 PM 

Just wondering how long a can will last?

(Login patkickrock)

Hollister on french lace

No score for this post
June 25 2012, 9:11 AM 

Maykell How do you think the hollister would work on a all french lace piece?

(Login llekyam)

yes it will work on all over french lace

No score for this post
June 25 2012, 12:13 PM 

Hi Pat C, yes it will work on a all lace piece. But I prefer to use stick-it tape on the sides and back just to speed up the cleaning. Only area that has to be glued is really the front hairline, why would you want to clean up a bigger area of glue, but it will work all over. On the question of how long a can last, I get about 4 months per can. Depending on how much I use, currently I change the piece every 7 days,and only use the glue in the front, so that is not a lot of glue.

Blackie
(no login)

No score for this post
June 25 2012, 7:40 PM 

Maykell,
At your recommendation, i bought this glue.
I'm taping my perimeter and using this glue at the hairline. i like how easy it is, and that it is clear (i really don't like white glue), and the cleanup is really easy.. but i find i need to touchup the hairline every day.. it is a lace piece though.. maybe it'll hold better on my full skin base which i am waiting to arrive.

anyway, quick question... how do you get the glue out of the brush? the brushes i have used so far are all glued hard and solid!

cannedair
(Login cannedair)

No score for this post
July 6 2012, 6:28 PM 

Blackie-
try rinsing the brush in running hot water immediately after use while the glue is still wet.. although i have not actually done so, im assuming it would work.
I usually use my fingertip wrapped with one layer of saran wrap to apply glue.

Maykell-
do you think there would be any way possible to apply this spray glue to the actual piece before attachment? Sounds crazy I know, but I always wanted to glue the base, and just toss it on.
obviously its not advisable with most glues, since they would simply bleed into the base.. but if you held the spraycan far enough from the piece, does it mist the glue? ..or just shoot out like silly string

This message has been edited by cannedair on Jul 6, 2012 6:35 PM

(Login imsobald)

No score for this post
December 18 2012, 9:54 PM 

Maykell, how hard is it to clean the Hollister Medical Adhesive out of the lace?

What do you use to remove a topper if you only used Hollister Medical Adhesive to attach a topper?

What do you use to clean it out of the lace.

I use the Got2B Glued spiking glue and blasting freeze spray mixed together to attach my topper and I must say, clean up is easy enough.

I'm thinking of trying the Hollister Medical Adhesive because I want something that's water proof, I want to be able to swim under water with the wales like Captain Kirk did in the Star Trek Movie and not worry about my topper floating away.

Or should I be looking for something else?

Mike

X
(Login Xeon005)

No score for this post
December 19 2012, 9:49 AM 

hmmm. Unless this glue is like really easy to clean up, I don't really see much appeal to it unless you have sensitive skin and looking for a new glue that might not react on you. reason why I say this is because you mentioned in the video glue melter etc. So maybe I am wrong, but it doesn't sound like its going to be easy to clean lol. Like if you still have to do the mirror slide etc, Might as well stick to ORWG.

Mike
(Login imsobald)

No score for this post
December 20 2012, 9:26 PM 

X

I'm thinking of trying the Hollister Medical Adhesive because I want something that's water proof, I want to be able to swim under water with the wales like Captain Kirk did in the Star Trek Movie and not worry about my topper floating away.

Mike

(Premier Login -Eric)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
December 20 2012, 9:45 PM 

That comment got me good when I read it. Thanks for that laugh Mike, I needed that!

X
(Login Xeon005)

No score for this post
December 21 2012, 10:40 AM 

I am not too sure if something that sports only a 3 day hold is going to give you a water proof hold. Maybe it does, but it doesn't sound like it. If you want to swim with the octupuss like captain kirk haha.. Maybe a thin skin piece would be a good bet.. Or lace with blue liner tape or something.

(Login imsobald)

No score for this post
December 29 2012, 9:19 PM 

I found the video Maykell made for removing french lace with Hollister Adhesive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIDWfTMeXWo

I'll probably give the Stick-It Tape a try as well.

X
(Login Xeon005)

No score for this post
December 30 2012, 11:18 AM 

I got two questions after watching the removal video. How does the ghost buster remover work on something like ORWG.. and instead of washing the piece and doing it 3 times. would it work if you just leave the remover on the piece longer before washing it.

Current Topic - Video link on how to attach topper with Hollister Adhesive
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum