<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Is it easy to cut a piece yourself?

May 17 2012 at 12:10 PM
No score for this post
  (Login bobv1967)

I'm planning to try a couple of small partials, I have really thick sides and back hair that I can barely get a brush through, and wondered if I should keep them thick when I recieve my partials?...In my head I'm saying keep as much hair on your head it will look more realistic especially as I've seen some pictures with people who have shaved their sides and I always think it looks bad where the wig meets the persons shaved or thinning sides.

My second question is it advisable to use a flowbee or robocut on a piece? I'm not even sure at 3 inches my partial will even need cutting and I'm afraid to cut too much off because its such a small piece I'm afraid of cutting too much off and ruining it.

Thanks.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
johnny
(no login)

Re: Is it easy to cut a piece yourself?

No score for this post
May 17 2012, 2:55 PM 

Simple as marking the cut line and simply cutting with an exacto knife found at hobby shops and even Walmart in the crafts dept. .

Be careful not to cut hair when cutting the base......pretty simple to do !

johnny/abq

(no login)

No score for this post
May 17 2012, 3:09 PM 

Do you mean cutting a partial from a larger piece?

if so thats not what I meant, I meant cutting and blending the actualy piece with your existing hair.

Steven
(Login Steven_G_UK)

No score for this post
May 17 2012, 3:35 PM 

Doing a cut in for that area is simple.
Once the pieces are attached and firm, use a long large comb, lift up the replacement hair incorporating your natural hair and cut it to the same length.
Job done!

(no login)

No score for this post
May 17 2012, 3:42 PM 

It's easy but completely contingent on A) the color match of the piece and B) how accurately you cut the piece + cut your actual hair to line up perfectly.

johnny
(no login)

No score for this post
May 17 2012, 4:22 PM 

Sorry Bob, I read the headline only and thought you meabt cutting the base !

Senior moment !! :)

johnny/abq

Current Topic - Is it easy to cut a piece yourself?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum