<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Cut stock piece to a CC hairline?

May 19 2012 at 12:59 AM
No score for this post
ozadam  (Login ozadam)

How would I go if I cut one of these all lace stock pieces to a CC or C hairline?
what is the dimensions of the fron SFS part? would it be possible to get an exact to scale drawing?
What is the size of these stock pieces?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Premier Login -Eric)
Forum Owner

Re: Cut stock piece to a CC hairline?

No score for this post
May 19 2012, 9:44 AM 

Hi Ozadam,

The all lace are full 8" x 10" stocks with a 1" swiss front, 65% density with a graduated hairline and freestyle ventilation. The hairline curvature is the standard curve that the factory uses for their stocks, it's basically between an A and a CC. I would not cut into a hairline, just because that's where it's graduated for realism. When people cut down stocks, they normally turn it upside down and turn their template upside down and line them up at the hairline...then just trim the back and sides to match....it's really easy.

The lace/skin combo stocks are similar specs., but the base is of course different....it's an ultra thinskin base with a 1" french lace front. They also have more wave to them.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me. I have stocks on hand and others I can get that are factory pre-made.

Thanks,
Eric

ozadam
(Login ozadam)

No score for this post
May 22 2012, 12:57 PM 

What do you think my chances of getting a good result would be if I trimmed it to CC then used some nair or some other way to thin the front out a little?

JD
(no login)

No score for this post
May 22 2012, 6:16 PM 

It's a bad idea, in my opinion, ozadam. Get a template to Eric, pay the $40 rush order fee and have your new piece in 4 weeks. You can wait 4 weeks to get what you really want.

ozadam
(Login ozadam)

No score for this post
May 24 2012, 10:28 AM 

yep, i think so

(Login jmg5312)

No score for this post
May 28 2012, 6:58 PM 

I've cut stock systems to fit a B contour and never had a problem. The contour difference between CC and B seems so minimal it hardly took much out of the front to make a difference. The hairline was fine. As far as the graduated hairline, I'm a bit skeptical on that issue, since I've never noticed much of a difference. Maybe I don't have my eye trained enough to see a graduated hairline. I've also had hair coloring that was supposed to be different shades, like darker on the side then lighter in the front, however, once again I could never tell the difference. I've been wearing for 20 plus years so I've had some time to experiment, although I'm fairly new to the online hair system world.
My 2 cents

(no login)

No score for this post
May 29 2012, 5:16 AM 

Hi J did you simply take an B contour tape and apply it to the front of your stock and cut into the hairline to shape it to look like a B shape. i am wondering also if the only reason they say not to cut into the hairline is because of the Graduated venting or is there another reason like maybe fraying of the lace. If you order a hairline that is not graduated i dont see where there would be any problem trimming into the hairline unless like i mention there are other reason not to cut into the center of the hairline lace..

(Login llekyam)

Cut tape to match the hairline

No score for this post
May 29 2012, 8:24 AM 

Hi Ravid4, I usually just grab the closest tape contour that matches the stock hairline piece, then cut the tape to match the hairline of the piece and use it like that. It is better to cut a tape to fit than to cut a piece and alter the hairline they created.

(Login jmg5312)

No score for this post
May 29 2012, 1:09 PM 

I have a template I made that fits me the way I want it to. It so happens that it matches a B contour exactly. My thought is I want the hairline to conform to my old hairline rather than me cutting to match the tape. So I turn the system upside down on a styrofoam head and pin my template to it, then cut it to match. I don't see a difference between the lace on the front, back or sides because I have french lace all around. I use tape on my front, not glue, but I comb my hair forward so I don't worry as much about the hairline, although it looks good if you see it close.
Can you actually see a difference when you look at a graduated hairline? Just wondering.

(no login)

No score for this post
May 29 2012, 3:53 PM 

Hi J when you said you can match your template with a (B) tape are you talking about a (B) shape tape purchased from Hair Direct ? It used to be that contour (A) was the most common but if you look up contour (A) in some place it it like a slight half moon shape and other companises tell you the thier contour (A) is their (B) which is pretty close to this shape V where some (A) are like this ) If I bought a stock from Eric he says that they are between an CC and (A) contour so to buy tape for the front is going to be tricky.

(Login jmg5312)

No score for this post
May 30 2012, 4:01 AM 

I purchase my supplies from Hair Direct. So it would be their B contour. I wasn't aware the contours were not a standard used by all vendors. Good information. Thanks

Current Topic - Cut stock piece to a CC hairline?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum