<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

V-Looped Full Cap Photos

June 2 2012 at 2:16 AM
No score for this post

Eric  (Premier Login -Eric)
Forum Owner

A lot of people ask about the v-loop ventilation on skin pieces and what the differences are from injection so I thought I'd put up a few photos of a brushback v-looped piece. It has a very nice appearance of the hair coming right out of the scalp like injection, the main difference is that it has more lift and styling options as opposed to injection, which likes to lay flatter to the head.

This is a full cap with the excess skin still attached. This is a full brushback piece (front, temples and sides). This piece was made on the .08 thinskin base, not on the .03 ultra thinskin.

This is literally right out of the shipment with the hair uncut, I just ran a comb through it and took a few photos:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Craig
(no login)

Re: V-Looped Full Cap Photos

No score for this post
June 2 2012, 3:32 AM 

Looks awesome Eric. I think I am finally convinced to try as skin piece on my next order.

Ad
(no login)

No score for this post
June 2 2012, 4:04 AM 

That looks good. They did a nice job on the hairline.

Eric
(Premier Login -Eric)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
June 3 2012, 11:00 AM 

It really did turn out nice. Obviously this isn't ideal for a photo because it is on a bright white styro head and still 6" long/matted hair before being washed and cut in....but the main thing is to show the v-looping ventilation to those that have wondered how it differs from injection, etc.

Danno-10
(no login)

No score for this post
June 4 2012, 7:29 AM 

Eric...would you please post the density and the color of the hair. The piece
looks fantastic and thanks for posting the pictures. It really helps to see them
for making future decisions on purchases. Good job and thanks for taking the time
to post these.

Eric
(Premier Login -Eric)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
June 4 2012, 11:35 PM 

Hi Danno,

No problem, glad they are of some help. This is medium light density (100% on my scale/65% for those used to the lower scale) with a graduated hairline. This is also a full brushback, not just at the hairline but on the sides down to the sideburns as well. This is v-looped ventilation on the .08mm thinskin. The hair color is 7 ash with synthetic grey.

Thanks,
Eric

siroadster
(no login)

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 7:11 AM 

How many different kinds of loop ventilation are there ?

Eric
(Premier Login -Eric)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 7:56 AM 

V-looping is just one "type" of ventilation like injection, knotted, etc. Just like on a piece that is knotted, you can have the v-looping ordered as freestyle, brushback, etc.

This message has been edited by -Eric on Jun 7, 2012 7:57 AM

siroadster
(no login)

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 8:18 AM 

Ah ok fine. Which do you currently have ?

Eric
(Premier Login -Eric)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
June 7 2012, 8:49 PM 

I'm not sure if I understand your question siroadster....if you mean what do I personally wear, I wear an all french lace piece with forward from the crown ventilation. That is my before/after set of photos on the "about us" page.

siroadster
(no login)

No score for this post
June 8 2012, 2:47 AM 

Ah, I meant in terms of the v-looping , knotting etc.

FullCapWearer
(Login FullCapWearer)

No score for this post
January 1 2013, 6:13 AM 

it's really great.

but I would like the side hairline to be more transitional like the front hairline.

[linked image]

it looks a bit like a lego mans hairline at the side.

could you get the sides to look like the front?

otherwise the hair system looks amazing.

X
(Login Xeon005)

No score for this post
January 1 2013, 11:30 AM 

I agree with the poster above, the temple flap area should be much lower in density.

Just a couple of questions.. With that brush back, could you comb the hair forward if you wanted to? Or is it locked back like the old toplace flatbacks?

Also do you recommend getting the front hairs in blonde.. I know under close inspection the v loop looks like little v's up close.. and on the thin bases you can see like the hairs are joined together not like two separate hairs poking out. I thought maybe a blonde front than recolored might add to the illusion?

Drew
(Login drew100)

No score for this post
January 1 2013, 12:33 PM 

Why is it every fullcap I see has such unrealistic sideburn ventilation? I'm not talking about NorthwestLace specifically, but amongst many other companies it seems like the temple area is the most difficult to get right. If you look at how men's temples are in real life nobody has a wall of hair jutting out from the side of their head. For men It starts out with fine hair that points inward towards the eyes in a triangular shape and gradually gets thicker as it moves towards the sides and back of the head. To emulate this all ventilators would need to do is graduate the temple area just like they do for the front hairline. It would instantly look more realistic. If possible, the use of baby hairs in the temple and sideburns would be a nice touch. Again, this isn't a criticism of Northwest Lace specifically, as I do think that the rest of the fullcap looks great, but it's just something that I fin to be troublesome on the fullcaps designed for men

Dizzal
(no login)

No score for this post
January 1 2013, 1:07 PM 

That hairline looks great from what we can see in the pics. I think v-looping is a great option for light colored hair. This customer is probably going to love that piece!

X
(Login Xeon005)

No score for this post
January 1 2013, 1:30 PM 

I think its a cultural thing. Like they got an image of a sumo wrestler in their head or some shit. When I order temple flaps I have to like under line, highlight and bold out EXTRA LOW DENSITY. and even when I do that often times they make them too thick . They need to treat temple areas even more delicately than the hairline. You need low density and finer hairs..

Theres only really one company that I have tried that actually makes the temple flaps the proper way. they use a very thin type of hair in that area and it works great, i can even cut it very short.. they need to also ventilate it the right way in a backwards diagonal position. When they do it right, it looks very good.

Enriquepacheco
(Login Enriquepacheco)

No score for this post
January 1 2013, 3:27 PM 

It looks awesome!!! the hairline looks very natural, I would like to see that unit on someone fully styled!!!!! I also agree, the sides can be a little thinner but it does look great!!!!

FullCapWearer
(Login FullCapWearer)

No score for this post
January 1 2013, 8:48 PM 

Maybe it has something do with the with Skin/V-looping

but on lace I have seen scalp appearance on the temple flats.

and yes I think it is all about ventilation, even if it is lower density or you try to make it lower density the wall of hair remains.

[linked image]

here is a TopLace piece with perfect temple flaps.

has anyone ordered a FullCap from here and had those temple flaps with lace?

This message has been edited by FullCapWearer on Jan 1, 2013 8:48 PM

Eric
(Premier Login -Eric)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
January 3 2013, 5:29 PM 

Just to be clear on this particular piece...it was ordered brushback front with back ventilation on the temples down to the sideburns.

Most people order the sides and back in "down" ventilation and request a lower density, so this is definitely not the norm in these photos....this is someone that was going for a different style and look.

FullCapWearer
(Login FullCapWearer)

No score for this post
January 3 2013, 10:48 PM 

so If i ordered the sides in down ventilation, the scalp appearance would be like the front-line?

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum