<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Strong Bonds

July 15 2012 at 3:28 PM
No score for this post
Stratal  (Login stratal)

Guys,

I am about to start wearing in the next couple weeks and need some reassurance that this thing is going to stay on in the face of an active lifestyle. After running in some very hot and humid weather over the past week, I'm just starting to wonder how my hair will ever stay fully attached. My lifestyle is very active (running, swimming, tennis, water skiing, scuba diving), and I was wondering what kind of bonding materials are recommended for people who engage in these activities regularly. Ideally, I would like to detach/reattach every 5 to 7 days.

Advice from wearers who stay super-active would be much appreciated!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Premier Login -Eric)
Forum Owner

Re: Strong Bonds

No score for this post
July 15 2012, 7:02 PM 

I'm definitely not super active like you describe but during times when I am I love blue liner tape. It's super strong and waterproof, it is a bit more messy when compared to other tapes because it's a tape/glue consistency and does break down a bit more (leaving more residue than other tapes).

When we go on vacation, I have always worn blue liner. We went to the ocean a few months ago and during the 4 days we were there we had high winds and rain and I swam in the pool every night. No issues at all.

However, I am not a fan of the clean up, I have recently started wearing Stick It tape and if it holds up like blue liner for me consistently I'm switching for good because there is literally almost nothing left behind to clean up when it is removed.

As for glues, I know ultra hold is an incredible hold and waterproof. I haven't worn glues for years, so I'm not an expert there. Hopefully others will chime in on this and give advice as well.

msebas
(no login)

strong bonds

No score for this post
July 15 2012, 7:22 PM 

Hello Eric, how does the thickness of stick it compare to Walker no shine or supertape. I mean once it is in place and you run your finger across the edge of the lace can you feel the thickness of stck it thru the lace. With Supertape I can hardley notice where the lace starts. My stylist sometimes uses a tapr that is thick and I can actually feel it under the lace but it holds for 30 to 40 days. I will ask him next time what tape he uses.
Thanks.

(Premier Login -Eric)
Forum Owner

Re: strong bonds

No score for this post
July 15 2012, 8:14 PM 

Hi Msebas,

Stick it is comparable to Super Tape from what I can tell and it's definitely thinner/less visible than blue liner in my opinion.

It's surpassed all my expectations so far and I'm pretty sure I found my new favorite tape. I just had to try it after seeing a couple of Maykell's videos, because I've wanted to switch back away from blue liner recently if I could find something good. Those that use blue liner know how much it can break down....it was better when I started using scalp protector with it, but it still left a decent amount of residue if I left it on too long.

Current Topic - Strong Bonds
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum