<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

New Hairpiece Review Site

September 18 2012 at 11:01 PM
No score for this post

(Premier Login -Eric)
Forum Owner

Hi Everyone,

One of the people I have been speaking to through email recently from Europe has started up a hairpiece review site and asked if I thought it was something helpful and if it was something I would post for him on my forum.

After talking with him back and forth I really do feel he is doing it to benefit wearers, regardless of where they order their pieces. It seems like something that will be very helpful and informative, so I agreed to help him get it started.

The site can be found here: http://hairsystem-reviews.com

It will be a site that will list many different suppliers and I hope it ends up being something useful to everyone. The creator of the site will be on here later to help describe it and why he started it.

Thanks,
Eric

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
johnny
(no login)

Re: New Hairpiece Review Site

No score for this post
September 19 2012, 9:14 AM 

The info , It may be of some help , but not 100 % set in stone !

Depends on the factory worker venting your unit . Is she new at the trade ? How long at her position ? etc etc ....plus the human element comes into play ....how good is the particular person that is working on your unit and etc..

What I hear , big turnover in these postions, Young country girls come to the big cities to make a few dollars and get on their feet........than it's off to a better employment .

Also.......unless the seller , here in the states , has actually flown over to China and visited the factory ,,,,,,,for all the seller knows, he may be just dealing with a jobber/middleman !
(in a lot of cases )

Just sharing what I have heard thru the grapevine ! :)

johnny/albuquerque

ps..........in my 45 years of wearing........I have only found one supplier that is spot on
99.99 % of the time ! No surprises with their stock units over the years ! Almost like they were produced on a machine ! :)

HairSystem-Reviews.com
(Login almostsomla)

No score for this post
September 19 2012, 12:13 PM 

Thank you Eric!

As you said, the site is independent and the goal is to have all the reviews in one place and because of that, motivate the suppliers to do their best. Of course the reviews are dated, so we can get the idea of when the supplier is starting to do bad business or when it improves.

I remember me starting out the research of hair systems. All the information, which is transparent on the website http://hairsystem-reviews.com), was buried in different forums, which took a lot more time than it should to get this information.

That is why I started this site, so hair wearers can help each other in this "though game".
Hopefully they will with their reviews.

@ Johnny : Thank you for pointing this out. I am aware of that and hopefully this will soon change, so the suppliers would put more effort in consistency and quality control before they send out the unit.

If there are any more questions, I would be happy to answer them.

bobby
(no login)

No score for this post
September 20 2012, 7:31 AM 

what johnny said is a fact. many are middlemen and so many factorys in china lose their good workers as
90% look for higher pay all the time. i been told this by owners of factorys. where as in the philippines at a giant place like adreans philippines. cyper hair making. charge so much to distrubiters only . that they keep all their staff. about 500+ workers. but all are paid very well and the factory is so clean . you must remove shoes to enter.
bobby

JDinTx
(no login)

No score for this post
September 20 2012, 8:34 AM 

Yeah, this is a cool idea. But like any anonymous rating site, it's subject to abuse by competitors in the market place. So always beware of the outlier (the phantom "this distributor sucks" among a host of positive remarks). Chances are good that the outlier remarks/ratings come from a competitor. Instead, look for the general consensus and discount the strays (especially those that don't really explain the basis for the underlying ratings and/or use a bunch of generalized language in attempting to explain/support their ratings).

JDinTx
(no login)

No score for this post
September 20 2012, 9:00 AM 

As an addendum to the foregoing, it looks like the HD boys are feeling a little threatened by you, Eric. I'm willing to bet a hefty amount that HD is behind the NWLace rating by Hair D. Those are the lovable folks who bought a bunch of domain names to try to capture BA's old market. That's prolly sharp marketing, but putting out false reviews on competitors is over the line. Not that it isn't predictable, given their need to prop up their exorbitant prices with bullsh*t claims that the quality of their pieces justifies the price. Easiest way to do that is to run down the competition. That said, HD does put out a fine product. It's just overpriced by about $250, and it's no better than what I get from NW Lace.

HairSystem-Reviews.com
(Login almostsomla)

No score for this post
September 20 2012, 10:14 AM 

Hello everybody!

I'm copying this from the site:

There have been some worries about a review of this company, that might be malicious or harmful. As long as it's only one bad review next to a bunch of good ones, this is not a big problem, but we will carefully monitor the suspicious reviews and do our best to try to prevent false/made-up reviews.

If you don't agree with a certain review, you can always:
- say it wasn't helpful / click thumbs down
- comment it
- report the review, just in case we haven't noticed anything fishy.

I also believe that people that are considering ordering from a certain supplier won't change their decision because of only one false review, especially if it stands out from the others.

I would like to appeal to all users to be as honest as possible in their reviews, so the information on this website can be accurate and helpful to everybody.

bobby
(no login)

No score for this post
September 20 2012, 10:45 AM 

also not really talked about like johnny says in 45 yrs. is the giant price saving you pay online vrs at a salon. no one can beat our internet prices. and quality , and if brought from a good company like eric's he will fix it. as far as hair direct .they imo only are great to get tapes from. they have giant overhead. so they must sell the hair at very high prices. BUT WE DONT HAVE TO BUY THEM.also review sites always get jerks who trash companys and products.
bobby

Craig
(no login)

No score for this post
September 20 2012, 11:12 AM 

If you visit the Hairloss Help website, which is a neutral site, you see the bogus reviews both good and bad, all the time. Most guys know which one's are honest, and which are not. Having one main clearinghouse for vendor reviews, I think is a good idea. Like anything else, you just need to weed out the BS.

lovehair
(Login needhairnow)

No score for this post
September 20 2012, 4:50 PM 

that was my exact thought on hair D, they could of at least been more creative LOL

Steven
(Login Steven_G_UK)

No score for this post
September 21 2012, 12:48 AM 

One of the problems I have with customer reviews is that I wonder if the customer themselves made the right choices when ordering.

There is a lot to consider on an initial order (if you want to get it right) and its all too easy to blame the supplier if you overlooked a certain aspect or made the wrong choices.

Because all of this is done remotely, if the customer doesn't ask the right questions, consider all the options or give the supplier the best information, its all too easy for the end product to not be exactly what the customer was hoping for.

The particular reviewer (HairD) gave a high score for Eric's customer service.
That tells me the customer felt he had the opportunity to get all the assistance he needed. The reviewer clearly didn't use that opportunity to his best advantage.

bobby
(no login)

No score for this post
September 21 2012, 6:39 AM 

One of the problems I have with customer reviews is that I wonder if the customer themselves made the right choices when ordering.

MOST internet hairpiece ordering is not done correct without the companys help. then even with the companys help its sent to a foriegn country . who dont understand english well. so the odd's are it will not be correct. but if you explain it well to the seller. he can translate it to factory. this is why many places do well with stock units say color 1b. freestlyle 65% density on old scale . grad. hairline, with bleached knots . this is easy as you have in in stock to sell.also on that H/D comment . if its really H/D they want no little companys to compete with them so everyone is a threat to them imo. erics $175 stock unit or their $300 unit. which one can most guys really afford.
bobby

JDinTx
(no login)

No score for this post
September 21 2012, 8:18 PM 

Steven wrote:

The particular reviewer (HairD) gave a high score for Eric's customer service.

That's just the HD flunky trying to lend some degree of credibility to his "review." It would have been too obvious if he had rated NW Lace low across the board, and even he knew that it's impossible to knock Eric's service given that there has yet to be a single negative comment regarding same even after all these months. So instead he trashed him on the quality of the product in the hopes of scaring off potential customers who haven't yet tried NW Lace.

Oh, and even though he gave Eric a relatively high score in customer service (a 4.0), even that score was lower than ALL of the other reviewers in that category. A very amateurish attempt to sabotage a competitor, in my humble opinion. Almost as amateurish as that completely over the top hyperbolic copy they use all over the HD website. I fully expect they'll try again, probably using a proxy so the IP address can't be traced back to them. Either that or they'll go and try to do the same thing on the hairloss help site. Like I said, Eric's certainly got their attention.

F 'em. HD plays dirty pool, and they'll never get another dime of my money, not even for supplies.

Steven
(Login Steven_G_UK)

No score for this post
September 22 2012, 5:39 AM 

review sites can be weird, or more accurately the reviewers can be.

I recently was looking up a local attraction on Trip Advisor and the last review said:
" I don't drive, so I've never been there, but I really recommend the place." !!!???!!!

siroadster
(no login)

No score for this post
September 23 2012, 4:16 AM 

Tripadvisor is a site I would take with a pinch of salt

Current Topic - New Hairpiece Review Site
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum