We are extremely pleased to introduce Brent Carty as our new Head Coach for the Junior/Intermediate AA Ottawa Senators Women's Hockey Team. Brent brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to the program.
Brent is an “Advanced 1” certified level coach and has been involved in coaching & instructing minor hockey for over 32 years. He has coached for 17 years at the top tiers of Minor Hockey, primarily with Bantam and Midget aged Boys, reesulting in 12 League and 13 Playoff Championships. He has also coached 6 years in the Central Junior Hockey League both as an Assistant and Head Coach. He led the Kanata Lasers (Stallions) to a .500+ season in their inaugural year. As well, he has had many other hockey related functions throughout the ODHA branch. Here are some to name a few,
· Director of Player Development (Ottawa Valley Titans) 14 years. Responsible for developing the program and also mentoring Coaching Staffs.
· Over 25 years of Hockey School Instruction throughout the Ottawa area
· Developed a Power Skating Program for Skate Canada in 1997. The program is being utilized Canada wide under the Skate Canada banner.
· Over 25 years of instructing Power Skating for numerous Skate Canada Clubs throughout the Ottawa area.
· Technical Skills training through specialized clinics for Minor Hockey Associations throughout the ODHA
· Past Instructor for the ODHA…teaching hockey clinics, certifying base level coaches around the branch.
· Worked with many Minor Hockey Associations instructing Coaches at all levels…tactical, strategic aspects of the game and how it relates to their age group and calibre of their team.
· Member of the Central Scouting Bureau for the Ontario Hockey League covering the Ottawa Area. (6 years)
· Program of Excellence Team Ontario U17 Assistant Coach for two years and Head Coach for 1 year.
An example of how long has Brent been involved in Coaching…when he Coached the Ottawa West Golden Knights Major Midget Team in 1982, when they went on to represent Ontario at the Canadian Midget Championships and he called up a 14 year old from the Bantam team…Luke Richardson the current PWHL Sens coach.... Small world!
Brent is a hard worker and is driven to provide the best possible program, stressing team and player development along with an intense focus on success. He is married with 3 girls and is a West Carleton resident. He is a Network Operations Manager at Bell Canada and has been employed there for over 32 years. Like he say’s…when you have 3 teenage girls at home, what’s another 18 at the rink…