Back one step

Return to Main Index

I'd have to look for a link

July 19 2006 at 8:56 AM
No score for this post

Rasna  (Login RasnaHinthial)
Religious Reffugee

Response to Do you have a link?

****It was being discussed on the radio and was in the newspapers.

"Personally, my distaste for public schools is mostly their teaching methodology. To me, it is destructive to the actual learning process in favor of subservience and taking orders. Not to mention the very prison-like daily life."

*** The public schools here are into critical thinking as their teaching method. So I am not certian what other method you prefer. Nor why critical thinking would be considered distructive. Please fill me in on this. I have always used critical thinking methods to teach my children and don't really know anything better. I would love for you to fill me in on what is a better teaching method and why critical thinking methods are destructive. Thanks.

"And there is one thing private schools have going for them that I absolutely love so far. There are no children in private school whose parents are using it as child care, and there are no children there who don't want to learn. The very nature of having to pay for it seems to keep out the disruptive, trouble-making riff-raff."

****You haven't looked into private schools yet have you? How you described public schools is how I would describe the privare schools. The private schools teach their personal agenda and not necessarily any type of critical thinking. They are most often used as day cares. In fact they start as private day cares and are just the next step. There is no difference between the children wanting to learn in private schools and the ones in public schools. Many in private schools don't want to be there and are being forced by parents. So they tend to be the worst of the riff-raff. I say the worst because they have the money to buy things those in public school can not. Drugs have always been a big problem in private schools becuase the kids there can afford them and in high quanities. NOt to mention being a dealer gives a kid who isn't quit to the private school socioeconomic standards a way to get there. The private school doesn't keep out the riff-raff becuase they need mommy and daddy's money too much. So the administrations of private schools will do anything to keep any kid in the school. Hence, these kids get away with a ton.

As for prison like, that is a private school. You have to wear uniforms and be just like everyone else. There is very little indivuality. YOu MUST become like everyone else. OFten the reason for much of the issues.

I could go on and on about private schools and their problems. Many of my friends went to private school and becuase of this absolutly refuse to send their children to private school.

When I researched the private schools I was not impressed at all. Too much religion for one thing, and even if not religion then too strict on trying to create kids who fit perfectly in the box.

From your discription of schooling you wouldn't like private or public. I suggest home schooling.

Rasna

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand - martini in the other, with a body that's thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: I'd have to look for a link - Scarmig on Jul 19, 2006, 10:58 AM
    1. I think bottom line it depends on parents and the school - Rasna on Jul 19, 2006, 9:02 PM
      1. That's the crux - Scarmig on Jul 20, 2006, 6:56 AM
        1. Every other school is tax deductable - Rasna on Jul 20, 2006, 8:35 AM
          1. No tax breaks - Scarmig on Jul 20, 2006, 10:28 AM
            1. LOL , well I wasn't talking state taxes - Rasna on Jul 21, 2006, 12:34 AM
              1. Ah, federal. - Scarmig on Jul 21, 2006, 6:32 AM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement