[Cyberwar Central Links & Resources][Cyberwar Central][Cyberwar Central Members Area]

Return to Cyberwar Central  

Privacy Poll: The greatest threat to your privacy?

April 22 2012 at 12:12 PM

Coalde  (Login cwc.mgmt)
Forum Owner

So it looks like we all agree that our privacy will be further eroded for security reasons (in my opinion it is all security theater) in the future, this leads to the next question which organization will erode your privacy most in the future? Will it be governments, in there never ending quest to protect us from ourselves? Or will it be commercial organizations in their never ending desire to sell you sh*t you, for the most part, don't actually need? (Or you can take the chicken option and say other and never post here.)

Personally I think it will be commercial organizations who will lead the charge in destroying what little privacy I have left. Looking at the "Collusion" data on my browser I can see that my information is being shuffled off to dozens of sites I didn't even know existed, God only knows what details those information transactions contain. Add to that more and more websites tracking me, but like Facebook, refusing to tell me what they are tracking about me, and I just can't see anything but a further torrent of (supposedly) targeted advertisements being sent my way.

I actually don't have a problem with targeted advertisements...I just wish they would let ME pick and chose what they advertise to me...because honestly no matter how good the advertisement and barring a sudden unexplained sex change while I sleep, I am unlikely to be purchasing feminine hygiene products for the foreseeable future. :/

To vote in the poll, please go to...

logo6_reasonably_small.png

This message has been edited by cwc.mgmt on Apr 22, 2012 2:13 PM

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: Privacy Poll: The greatest threat to your privacy?CTJun 28, 2012, 2:20 AM
Find more forums on SocietyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
      free countersMember of The Internet Defense League   [Exchange Links with CWC]