<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Here are a few

May 13 2012 at 3:34 PM

(Login N9JOY)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 68.228.210.209

I've been building 1/144 for about 10 years now, since I moved into the duplex, where the golf cart garage has become my workshop. Also the laundry room and pantry. So I don't have room for 1/48!

This one just got my first award from "away from home"
Dragon X-15

Photobucket

Eduard's MiG-21MF, with the PE set. The ladder, intake and exhaust covers, chocks and drip pan are super additions.

Photobucket

A pair of Minicraft B-29s. The front one is from the Last Mission of WW2. My friend Bill Mathay was navigator.

Photobucket

A Dragon SH-60.

Photobucket

A Pavla airfield diorama, with EN Ryder's Spitfire.

Photobucket

And finally, we don't do all 1/144 aircraft, do we?
This is Dragon's Eisenbahnpanzer and boxcar in 1/144.

Photobucket

I have more.

Jim

Not everything has changed - only the important stuff. - Charles Stross

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login kingoalie)
HyperScale Forums

Great stuff!

May 14 2012, 11:31 PM 

Those are all really nice. I didn't even know Dragon made 1/144th railroad cars. You should post more of your 1/144th!

Respond to this message   

(Login N9JOY)
HyperScale Forums

Finished another last night

May 17 2012, 3:50 PM 

Here's another Eduard 1/144 MiG-21. This one's the MiG-21bis. Just HAD to do the Finnish one. I also used the Eduard PE set.

There are 3 new 1/144 Eduard MiGs, the MF, the bis and the SMT. So far I've built the MF and the bis. SMT to follow. The only differences between these 3 kits are the spine, which changed between the variants. Oh, yes the decals are different too. happy.gif

The PE set has an interior, tail pipe, inlet and exhaust covers, ladder, main gear doors, plumbing for the gear, 2 sets of chocks, and (my favorite) a drip pan which goes under the aircraft. Because of the ladder, chocks and pan, I mounted the kit on a piece of foam core.

It's mentioned in another post about the masks in the kit. They're wonderful, and include all the small antennas, as well as the big ones, and the canopy. Picture below.

DRIP PAN

Photobucket

LADDER AND CHOCKS

Photobucket

YEP, IT'S SMALL!!

Photobucket

MASKS

Photobucket

Thanks for looking

Jim

Not everything has changed - only the important stuff. - Charles Stross

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Here are a few
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

HyperScale's 1/144 Scale Group Build Guidelines

The objective of this Group Build is to encourage as many modellers as possible to build their kits and share their progress via words and photos on this Forum.

You are welcome to post general construction tips or relevant reference information and photos to this Forum too.

This Group Build will feature 1/144 scale (and smaller than 1/144 scale) kits.

1. Build as many kits as you like

2. Conversions, aftermarket and scratchbuilding are all permitted.

3. Any markings are acceptable.

4. Document your progress and do a write-up on your build - where did you have trouble, what improvements did you make, what markings did you choose and why? It would be GREAT if everyone would do a writeup and submit it to HyperScale as a Feature Article.

Posting or replying to messages on The Group Build Forum requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters