BIBLE STUDY -- LESSON NO. 1February 11 2012 at 11:12 PM
|INC Minister EdMars (Login INCMinisterEdMars99)|
This is the first bible study in this forum. Hoping every one will join this free Bible study. The format is question and answer method. For every question, there is an appropriate bible verse answer. Please have handy a bible so you can read yourself what the Scriptures say. Your only obligation as bible student is to answer the questions for the student or candidate for baptism. You can ask me questions about this lesson.
LESSON NO. 1
Theme: The Words of God Are Written in The Bible
1. Make the candidate for baptism understand why the
Church of Christ believes that the words of God are written only
in the Bible
2. Convince him that only the Bible should be used as
basis in serving God and to make him renounce the teachings
invented by men
The Church of Christ adheres to the belief that the words
of God are written only in the Bible. The Bible should be the
only basis of service to God; this is the truth which will teach
man salvation from punishment on Judgment Day. Thus, each
member of the Iglesia ni Cristo should give value to the teach-
ings of God written in the Bible by fulfilling them in his life.
All the major religions of the world have their own sacred
texts upon which they base their faith. Islam, the religion of the
Muslims, uses the Koran; the Brahmans have their Vedas, the
Zoriastrians, Zen-Avesta; the Confucianists, the King, and the
Buddhists, the Tripitaka. But over and above all these is the
Bible. The Bible teaches not only morals but also, and most
important, the will of God, because it is the word of God. The
words of God are written in the Bible. Before probing this, we
ought first to understand
Q. How did God reveal His words to man?
A. Spoken by God .. Heb. 1:1-2
Page 2 Fundamental Beliefs of the Iglesia ni Cristo
Q. How were the words spoken by God preserved and how did
these come to us?
A. He commanded His servants
to commit them to writing Jer. 30:2
Q. Which book contains the words of God?
A. The Holy Scriptures . II Tim. 3:15
Q. What makes the Holy Scriptures unique and above those used
by other religions?
A. The Bible is inspired by God .. II Tim. 3:16-17
Instruction: Thus, when the teachings written in the Bible
are taught to us, we should believe that these are Gods
words. His will for us to obey.
Q. How were the people commissioned by God to write the Bible
prevented from committing errors?
A. The writers were guided .. Rev. 10:4
Conclusion: Thus the Iglesia ni Cristo affirms that the Bible
contains no error.
Q. How can we be certain that the Bible we now use is itself the
true Holy Scriptures? (We should examine whether it has
the attribute of the words of God.) What is the quality of the
words of God?
A. Truth Jn. 17:17
Q. What does it mean that the word of God is truth and why is
it said to be the truth?
A. Because they have fulfillment .. Is. 46:11
Note: The word of God differs from the word of man: the latter
is often proven false and goes unfulfilled, while the former is
the truth because it has complete fulfillment.
Q. What are some of the words of God written in the Bible that
were uttered in the beginning but destined to take place at
some later time and which in fact have been fulfilled?
A. (a) The two world wars .. Mt. 24:6-7
The Bible Page 3
followed by famine and poverty Mt. 24:7-8
(b) Knowledge shall increase .. Dan. 12:4
(c) Perilous Times . II Tim. 3:1-5
Conclusion: Therefore, we are assured that the Bible we
are using now is the true Holy Scriptures because this has
the quality of the words of God: What He says will surely
Questions for the baptismal candidate:
1. Do you accept that the Bible contains the words of God?
2. Do you believe that the Bible does not contain errors?
3. Do you accept also that the Bible is the truth and that it
teaches us the way to salvation?
Q. What is the value of believing in the words of God written in
A. There is life everlasting .. Jn. 20:30-31
Q. Thus, what is the strict instruction of the Apostles that we
may not fall prey to erroneous faiths?
A. Do not go beyond what is written .. 1 Cor. 4:6
Instruction: Reject the teachings contained in Catholic Cate-
chism, Book of Mormon, and in other such books used by
other religions because they are prohibited by God.
Q. What is Gods warning to those who add to or subtract from
the words of God written in the Bible?
A. They will be punished and will not
be saved. . Rev. 22:18-19
We should faithfully perform all the teachings of the Bible
taught in the Church of Christ because these are Gods words.
- THE bible in its ORIGINAL language is WORD of GOD. NOT LAMSA VERSION! - Eric from Toronto on Feb 12, 2012, 12:18 AM
- What need to be WATER baptized as far as being SAVED? - Eric from Toronto on Feb 12, 2012, 1:54 AM
- SDhould i have say KING JAMES and LAMSA and Moffatt to KNOW Gods WORD? - Eric from Toronto on Feb 12, 2012, 1:59 AM
- Church of Christ is also written in Non Lamsa versions - INC Minister EdMars on Feb 16, 2012, 5:26 PM
- The acid test is what the ORIGINAL language states - Eric on Feb 17, 2012, 11:33 PM
- Re: Church of Christ is also written in Non Lamsa versions - Karlos on Feb 27, 2012, 10:01 AM
- yea ok. - angryfilipino on Feb 12, 2012, 7:48 AM
- u mean theres a possibility that this poster isnt really an INC member? - johnmatt on Feb 12, 2012, 11:04 AM
- A HUGE POSSIBILITY - Eric from Toronto on Feb 12, 2012, 6:53 PM
- Here's a Quiz to determine if minister Ed is a real-INC or fake-INC - lalalalalalala on Feb 12, 2012, 8:16 PM
- to determine if he's a real INC, he must be genuinely wrong about his belief lol - johnmatt on Feb 13, 2012, 7:28 PM
- He must possess the same quality of wrong belief as the other members hahaha.. - johnmatt on Feb 13, 2012, 7:28 PM
- his head must be shaken _nth times for apostasy, must possess genuine weird reasons, etc - johnmatt on Feb 13, 2012, 7:39 PM
- shake that Bat_DarigoldLouie!! - lalalalalala on Feb 13, 2012, 9:30 PM
- Re: Here's a Quiz to determine if minister Ed is a real-INC or fake-INC - lalalalalala on Feb 13, 2012, 9:29 PM
- Violations to God's law are investigated first at the locale level - INC Minister EdMars on Feb 16, 2012, 5:56 PM
- Re: Violations to God's law are investigated first at the locale level - lalalalalala on Feb 16, 2012, 6:45 PM
- Ed, is Bob Pellien going to remember the name Renato D Norona for the Rest of Bob's life?? - lalalalala on Mar 3, 2012, 1:57 PM
- why was BobPellien active in excommunicating the Buklod who interrogated Renato Norona - lalalalalala on Mar 4, 2012, 12:53 AM
- Hey Ed, are you based outside Pinas. if so, you were trained by Tony del Mundo - lalalalalalalala on Feb 17, 2012, 1:17 AM
- Ed (Manalo?), r u going to keep an eye on all of your iLokano Ministers because your ..... - lalalalalala on Feb 26, 2012, 1:04 AM
- here's District Minister Bob Pellien's Big Nightmare - lalalalalala on Mar 3, 2012, 4:43 AM
- Eddy,how do u respond to Overseers Sexual Harassments reported to iglesia Chief US Lawyer? - lalalalalalala on Feb 17, 2012, 4:08 PM
- here's District Minister Bob Pellien's Big Nightmare - lalalalalala on Mar 3, 2012, 4:45 AM
- You state..... - jhenry69 on Feb 12, 2012, 10:22 PM
- This SUPPOSED minister must be on leave of absence.. lol - Eric from Toronto on Feb 13, 2012, 12:51 AM
- Jhenny, do you have any question about Lesson No. I? - INC Minister EdMars on Feb 16, 2012, 5:34 PM
- TRy answering my questions.. like how many Bibles do we need? - Eric on Feb 16, 2012, 10:21 PM
- Only one bible is needed - the one that is accurately translated. - INC Minister EdMars on Feb 28, 2012, 4:30 PM
- ed, you dont get it. - angryfilipino on Feb 17, 2012, 5:24 PM
- anexample of using a secondary source to reinterpret a binding authoritative source(Bible) - lalalalala on Mar 3, 2012, 12:35 AM
- Okay.... - jhenry69 on Feb 21, 2012, 3:14 AM
- References are needed as evidence to prove violations of God's laws - INC Minister EdMars on Feb 28, 2012, 5:17 PM
- But that's not really what you do.... - jhenry69 on Feb 28, 2012, 7:29 PM
- INC EdMars - are you Minister Ed Maranan, the TV/radio personality? - ASP on Feb 17, 2012, 5:44 PM
- Maranan is a good Guy, he performed wedding sermon for a friend. that being said, Ed was.. - lalalalalala on Feb 17, 2012, 6:31 PM
- Ed, how do you solve your Problem of Renegade iglesianicristo CaliforniaHeadDeacons - lalalalalalala on Feb 25, 2012, 11:21 PM
- Ed, you need to let GP Santos know in the INC US Main Office about this Minister - lalalalalala on Feb 27, 2012, 6:13 AM
- CentralOffice, Allan A Villanueva writes he alerted BobPellien of Life Threats - lalalalala on Feb 29, 2012, 6:43 AM
- INC Defender, respond to this. Rey Membrere should be upset at his cousin Manolito Corpuz - lalalalala on Mar 3, 2012, 1:47 PM
- AllanAlcon Villanueva needs to tell EVM that INC Overseer layout used for SexHarassments - lalalalala on Feb 29, 2012, 3:32 PM
- the name rhymes:Renato Corona = Renato Norona - lalalalala on Mar 1, 2012, 8:12 PM
- Will is bumping this down. Will EManalo review JuanCastanaga,ManolitoCorpuz,BobPellien.... - lalalalalalala on Mar 2, 2012, 6:45 PM
- Bob Pellien's big Nightmare - lalalalala on Mar 3, 2012, 12:57 AM
- batdud...nightmare...lol - ahihi on Mar 3, 2012, 12:25 PM
- Ahihi surfaces with the bomba de hidrogeno.... - lalalalala on Mar 3, 2012, 1:43 PM
- hahaha...run batdud run...lol - ahihi on Mar 4, 2012, 1:15 AM
- hahaha Best of good luck in your college Exams, Ahihi !!! - lalalalalala on Mar 4, 2012, 1:21 AM
- NOT all words of God writtren in the Bible are TRUE as far as..... - INCquisitor on Mar 16, 2012, 11:31 AM
- The doctrine that the church built by Christ apostatized is FALSE.. - INCquisitor on Mar 16, 2012, 11:52 AM
- Jews - lalalalalala on Mar 16, 2012, 3:17 PM