Return to Index  

Re: We have a different law in the New Covenant.

March 29 2017 at 2:46 PM
almario  (Login almario38)

Response to Re: We have a different law in the New Covenant.

Consolidated and shared by the brethren for those called at this point in time:

Old and New Testament - 12

Because of FAITH, these people who had not witnessed the death of Christ already
“saw” the real offering by divine revelation. This is the true and deep meaning
of FAITH:

Heb. 11:1 “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”

Heb. 11:6 “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe
that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”

1 Cor. 2:5 “That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.”

All the characters, Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Sarah, Joseph, Moses, Rahab, Gideon, Barak,
Samson, Jephtha, David , Samuel, and the prophets, were saved by FAITH. Christ did not destroy the law nor
abolished obedience thereto. Jesus Christ said:

Matt. 5:17 “ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy,
but to fulfil.”

The law remains the frameworks upon which the relationship between God and His chosen is established. With
the law, God shows His chosen how He guides and provides strength to follow it according to His will. This is
the message of the New Testament, for by the shedding of blood gave way to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Heb. 13:20 “Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of
the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will,
working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever.
Amen.”

Jesus said, “ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to
fulfil.” The law remains but not according to the Natural Man’s interpretation which is limited to the
“letter.” The “letter” of the word is full of contradictions for they are expressed in parables.

1 Cor. 2:14 “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness
unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

By FAITH, the Spiritual Man (1 Cor. 2:15 -16) is given the benefit of divine revelation of the word:

Mark 4:34 “But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone , he expounded all things
to his disciples .”

Responses

1.   You are repeating the same post. - Tomas on Mar 29, 2017, 2:50 PM
    1. Re: You are repeating the same post. - almario on Mar 29, 2017, 6:00 PM

Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife
and they shall be two in one flesh