Return to Index  

Cannot speak for Hijo, but

May 28 2017 at 8:43 PM
deacon646  (Login Deacon646)

Response to Re: If I stop going its splitsville for sure

When they ask for my time, I say no. They persist, I say no more bluntly. I can tell they aren't really use to getting told no directly, because they don't know how to respond. Some time ago, they ask me to go to some Unity games for our district. Go to service on Sunday, drive 8 hours, participate in some athletic events the next day, then drive home 8 hours to get their about 1 in the morning, and work the next day. I told them no, in no uncertain terms. They ask me why, and in fit of pique, I told them "because its dumb" Wife was mad at me for a while. Not because I said no, but because I was somewhat rude about it. But some of the things they ask of the members are just stupid.

When they say the lord will bless me if I do such and such, I just say well he is already blessing me with more than I need.

I also never give them money. My wife works, and I told her that if she wants to give to the church, she can, but until they start giving out information on how the money is spent, i am not giving them a dime. So she gives me a few bucks every worship service to drop in the plate. Most of the time I do, but occasionally I keep the money and stick it in our savings account. Or give it to a real charity.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife
and they shall be two in one flesh