Return to Index  

Yes, I tried a Pentecostal church once, and I did not like it either.

May 29 2017 at 3:20 AM
Tomas  (Login TomasSedlacek)

Response to Don't know 20 years gone by

They were waving their arms up in the air the whole church service, they looked ridiculous. I did not want to do that, but I must have looked weird for not waving my arms in the air. Later I found out there is a verse telling us to wave our arms in the air, so I sometimes do it in prayer, but to do it the whole church service, that is ridiculous. I don't feel like doing that. Concerning speaking in tongues, yes, there are verses about it, so it can happen to some Christians, but the Pentecostals actually believe you don't get the Holy Spirit until you have spoken in a tongue, but that is unbiblical. And this was a church of the Church of God (Cleveland, TN), a holiness Pentecostal denomination, it turns out they actually believe in 3 experiences, one is you get saved, then after some time you can get a holiness experience and after that you don't sin again, and after that you can get the baptism of the Holy Spirit, when you speak in a tongue. It is so unbiblical. All Christians struggle with sin. And they believe that oaths are always sinful, that too is unbiblical. But they celebrate Christmas and Easter, also unbiblical. Other than that, their doctrines are generally OK. They used to be more extreme when they were founded, they believed they are the only true church.
Though some Pentecostal churches have plenty of wrong doctrines. And then there are Sacred Name Pentecostal groups, that are false gospels, they mutilate the Bible, including the book of Revelation, violating Rev. 22:18-19. All Sacred Name groups do that, whether they are Pentecostal or not. They stick the name Yahweh, or some version of that name, all over the New Testament, where it does not belong.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife
and they shall be two in one flesh