Return to Index  

Not all Lutherans are the same. Some don't believe in the inerrancy of the Bible,

May 31 2017 at 4:28 PM
Tomas  (Login TomasSedlacek)

Response to If I could talk my wife into leaving the Manalo church

so when they don't believe in the inerrancy of the book of Revelation, then they are in violation of Rev. 22:18-19, so they are unsaved. So when checking out a Lutheran church, you need to check out what the pastor believes, especially if it is a church belonging to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, at least if you live in America. In other countries they also have some Lutheran denomination that tolerates such heresy.
I tried a Lutheran church once, and it turned out they had a huge statue of crucified Christ in the front. So then when I prayed, I faced another direction, so I would not be facing that idol. I did not know Lutherans allow such idolatry, it is sad. Though it does not prove they are unsaved, they are doing it for the Lord, Romans 14, so if saved, they are forgiven.
You mention alcohol, the Bible does not condemn drinking alcohol, but it condemns getting drunk. So clearly drinking in excess is a sin. Lutherans mostly agree with me on this. Certainly Martin Luther did.
Anyway, if you check out a congregation belonging to the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, or the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, you will be surely safe from the heresy condemned in Rev. 22:18-19. But in traditionally Lutheran countries, like the Lutheran parts of Germany, or the Scandinavian countries, one has to be very careful, that particular heresy is very common there.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Yet another reason to be a Lutheran. - deacon646 on May 31, 2017, 9:00 PM
    1. Some are saved, but some are unsaved, attending false gospel Lutheran churches. - Tomas on Jun 2, 2017, 5:34 AM

Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife
and they shall be two in one flesh