Return to Index  

I understand your point, however White also sometimes failed to answer Ventilacion's

June 3 2017 at 3:08 PM
Tomas  (Login TomasSedlacek)

Response to I don't see how anyone looking at the Debate objectively

arguments. I mean the way the debate was arranged, it was hard for each one to answer the other one point by point, one debater would raise several points, and the other debater would not find himself able to remember and answer each of the points, that is typical with such a debate, where a person can spend a few minutes arguing his view before the other debater has a chance to answer. So to some extent they both ended up answering by using other verses, instead of analyzing previously raised verses in detail. They thought that they could win the argument by pointing to their favorite verses. So it is not quite like my debates with Michael on the other network54 INC forum, where at least I try to analyze each of the verses Michael raises, fully, though of course I also use other verses and then try to harmonize those verses with the verses Michael points out.
Concerning the debate of White versus Ventilacion, simply, White failed ever to mention what would have been his strongest argument, namely he failed to even hint that the Bible never says Jesus is not God. Instead, White just tried various verses which he claimed say Jesus is God, and they were all weak arguments.
Ventilacion also failed to state, what would have been his strongest argument, namely that the Bible never states that Jesus is God. Though he came a bit closer, as I seem to remember the debate, I think he said Jesus never said he is God. Though that is not enough, he should have stated that nobody in the Bible ever says Jesus is God, neither Paul, nor Peter, nor John, nor Matthew, etc., no verse in the Bible ever states that. That would have been a powerful argument, and he failed to have made it.
So both failed to see that the Bible never says Jesus is God or is not God, so we can't know if he is God or not.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. White had WEAK arguments? JESUS is NOT ETERNAL? you think that? - Eric on Jun 4, 2017, 12:18 AM
    1. Jesus is now eternal. He is not mortal any more. Anyway, White had weak arguments - Tomas on Jun 5, 2017, 8:47 AM
      1. The SON was NOT created! FIRSTBORN doesn't mean CREATED!! - Eric on Jun 5, 2017, 5:03 PM
        1. Rev. 3:14, the Son is 'the beginning of the creation of God'. - Tomas on Jun 7, 2017, 6:23 PM

Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife
and they shall be two in one flesh