Return to Index  

He was a wife beater? That is sad. I hope he repented of that sin.

June 3 2017 at 5:49 PM
Tomas  (Login TomasSedlacek)

Response to Only a bad character if you count

He was accused of a rape by a woman, who later recanted the accusation and even joined his INC. So I wonder what happened there.
If he did rape her, I hope he repented, or that he will repent after he is resurrected. After all, the wonderful prophet king David did even worse once, he seduced the wife of a Hittite soldier, then got him killed to be able to marry her, her name was Bathsheba, a famous scandal. So he was guilty of not only adultery, but absolute murder. Though quite soon after that he repented of those horrible sins, after he spoke with prophet Nathan about them, so he was very sorrowful he had done that. So God punished him by having him see the first son of Bathsheba by David die in infancy. But otherwise David was saved again. Sure, everybody sins sometimes, except Jesus. But the horrible sins David did, that was terrible. He could have gotten the death penalty for each of them, under the Law of Moses. But of course he was the king, who would dare take David in front of a court, to convict him? But ancient Israel was not ripe to have a democracy. So they were ruled by judges, one by one, then by kings. Then later, under Babylonian rule and then Persian and then Greek rule, they could not have kings. Then under the Maccabees, they were ruled by some Maccabee rulers, who I think did not declare themselves kings. Then they were conquered by the Romans, and the Jews were scattered, and did not have their own state until 1948, when Judea was reestablished under the name Israel. Though the lost ten tribes are still lost, not aware of being Israelites, so the prophecy of Israel being reestablished has still not been realized.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife
and they shall be two in one flesh