Return to Index  

I was an agnostic before I joined

June 14 2017 at 5:12 PM
Deacon646  (Login Deacon646)

Response to or give religion a miss altogether

I have traveled all over the world, seen a hundred different churches and religious beliefs, how they are all right and the others are wrong, or they are the only or in some cases, best path to salvation etc... Many of them will say I am a member of X religion due to god's or some other entities grace, when its really more because of their parents and culture. And before Tomas chimes in saying he is an exception, I grant that there are no absolute rules regarding children following their parents.

In my opinion though, INC is one of the worst I have encountered, simply because they are so closed and secretive, especially regarding finances. And they make to much of an effort at controlling the lives of their members, having every aspect of life revolve around the church, even going so far as to tell them who to vote for.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. INC could actually win another Guinness world record - Hijo on Jun 15, 2017, 12:55 AM
Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife
and they shall be two in one flesh