Return to Index  

Christadelphians are not Oneness, Jesus Only Christians.

June 25 2017 at 10:11 AM
Tomas  (Login TomasSedlacek)

Response to Re: What Oneness preacher makes no distinction of the voice of the Lamb from the voice of the

They are unitarians, so they are similar to INC in their beliefs about God and Jesus Christ, except that they acknowledge that Jesus Christ could be called a god, just like Moses was called a god in Exodus. INC fails to acknowledge that. And Christadelphians have a different belief about the Holy Spirit than INC, INC basically separates the HS from God, arguing that the HS is one of the 7 Spirits of God. Christadelphians don't separate the HS from God, they say the HS is a force of God, power of God, quite similar like Jehovah's Witnesses.
Similarly Jehovah's Witnesses are not Oneness, Jesus Only Christians, they like Christadelphians reject the Oneness belief that God's name is Jesus, but unlike Christadelphians, the Jehovah's Witnesses are not unitarians, but Arians, since they argue quite correctly that the Son was not created in Mary, as Christadelphians and INC believe, but was the beginning of the creation of God, Rev. 3:14, so he was created before anything else was created.
On the other hand, Oneness Christianity, also called Jesus Only Christianity, they can call themselves Jesus Name Christianity, as they like that term more than Jesus Only, they believe that Jesus is God, God's name is Jesus, so God can appear to us in different roles, as the Father, or as Christ, or as the Holy Spirit, but still God is one, not 3 persons, they are not 3 persons, but just 3 roles, so basically the Father is the Christ, and is the Holy Spirit, since God is one. So just like my father was my grandfather's son, and he was my own father, and my mom's husband, so he had 3 roles, but he was one, so similarly God has roles as the Father, the Christ, and the HS, but is one, which is why they are called Oneness Christians.
That is very different from the unitarianism of Christadelphians, INC and others, who, although they also acknowledge that God is one and not 3 persons, they don't believe that Jesus is God, and similarly Arians, like Jehovah's Witnesses, Dawn Bible Students Association, Church of God (7th Day), and others, while they too acknowledge that God is one and not 3 persons, they too do not believe that Jesus is God, though he could be called a god in a way, but God almighty is one. So in this they sharply differ from Oneness Christians, also called Jesus Only Christians, or Jesus Name Christians, most of whom are Oneness Pentecostals, and these Oneness Christians usually believe that the HS is a role of God, and not just a force of God or power of God, though I am aware that there is one Oneness Pentecostal denomination that does have this kind of belief about the HS. I forgot their name. There are already lots of Oneness Pentecostal denominations, as well as some independent Oneness Pentecostal congregations, that do not belong to any denomination. The largest Oneness Pentecostal denomination is the United Pentecostal Church International, with several million members around the world.

Responses

1.   Re: Christadelphians are not Oneness, Jesus Only Christians. - almario on Jun 25, 2017, 5:15 PM
    1. That is more correct, although Dynamic Monarchianism should not be confused with Arianism. - Tomas on Jun 26, 2017, 3:54 AM

Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife
and they shall be two in one flesh