Return to Index  

Re: Yes, Jesus was right in John 12:48, those who reject him and receive not his words,

July 6 2017 at 6:39 PM
almario  (Login almario38)

Response to Yes, Jesus was right in John 12:48, those who reject him and receive not his words,

Consolidated and shared by aida to our brethren and to those still called at this point in time.
Eventually then possibly to be chosen and would be converted and become as little children.

[QUOTE][QUOTE=aida;31738017.......

The time of the apostles

Was the trend reversed during the time of the apostles? We find in the book of Acts that
Christ's disciples aggressively preached the gospel, and instances of mass "conversions"
were recorded:

ACTS 2:40-41 "And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, save yourselves
from this untoward generation. Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and
the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls."

ACTS 4:4 "Howbeit many of them which heard the word believed; and the number of the men was
about five thousand."

Let us not misconstrue the people who are "called" and those that are "chosen." Did we not
see the same thing in the ministry of John the Baptist and Jesus Christ? Multitudes heard
"the voice shouting in the wilderness" and were baptized by John. Many of these followed
our Lord. Great multitudes followed our Lord in the mountains, along the seashore, and
wherever He went. He fed five thousand men in one instance, and another four thousand men
excluding women and childrren in another. He healed many people from their diseases. Were
these great multitudes really "chosen," or were they only "called?" Succeeding events led
to the answer. Our Lord was arrested, and later mocked and tortured. He was presented to
the high priests, and lastly to Pontious Pilate. When Pilate presented Jesus Christ and
Barrabas to the Jews for their choice, where were these great multitudes? Did the people
of Israel hear a dissenting voice from a deafening shout "CRUCIFY HIM! CRUCIFY HIM!?

Where were these great multitudes when the promised Holy Spirit came at Pentecost? Did not
the apostles only counted a scanty one hundred twenty (120) deserving souls at the time of
final accounting? Could people still insist on thwarting the great message of, "many are called,
but few are chosen," and keep on invoking God's mercy and love? Man should be able to
distinguish truth from the dictate of his intellect and the influence of his feeling.

The acts of the apostles confirmed the trend set by our Lord. They were always aware of the
wiles of the tempter, that they were not lacking in their warning to the Christians:

1. Warning for the preaching of another gospel different from the original teaching of the
apostles:

GALATIANS 1:8-9 "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you
than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say
I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let
him be accursed."

Paul felt that some people were creeping and tried to inject strange doctrines different
from the original gospel . Religious sects will take this warning of Paul as referring to
the doctrines of the opposing denominations which are different from their respective
doctrines . Let this serve as a stern reminder .

2. Paul again warned of an introduction of "another Jesus" different from the Jesus
recognized by divine revelation:

2 CORINTHIANS 11:4 "For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not
preached, or if ye receive another spirit which ye have not received, or another
gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."

Would Paul give this warning if he did not sense that a different Jesus or different
recognitions about Jesus, were being introduced to the product of mass conversions
of Christians? Let us remember that the Bible is the inspired word of God. This
warning of Paul was confirmed historically, when Constantine the Great called the
Nicaean Council of 325 A.D. In that "religious summit," a clash of beliefs ensued
among the followers of Arius, and the followers of Athanasius. The followers of
Arius defended his teaching denying the divinity of Jesus Christ, while the
followers of Athanasius took the stand of Jesus Christ being both God and man.

3. Paul again warned of strange doctrines that could waylay those who found the truth
by writing:

EPHESIANS 4:14 "That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried
with every wind of doctrine, by the sleights of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby
they lie in wait to deceive."

How deceitful indeed is Satan when people are misled into thinking that this refers to
their respective religious sects. Paul directed this admonition to the Christians who
followed the original and perfect Christianity. May the reader see the distinction
between the original and perfect Christianity, from the kind that he has in mind.

With all these warnings which we did not even hear from Jesus Christ during His time,
could the great message of, "many are called, but few are chosen," be possibly reversed
in the ministry of the apostles? Do we expect the reversal of the trend set by our Lord
in spite of the jitters expressed by the apostles, which all pointed to the continuance
of the trend being confirmed by present day events on so-called Christianity today
........./QUOTE]

Responses

1.   Athanasius was too divisive at the council of Nicea. He wanted the Catholic church - Tomas on Jul 7, 2017, 6:51 AM
    1. Re: Athanasius was too divisive at the council of Nicea. He wanted the Catholic church - almario on Jul 7, 2017, 8:31 PM
      1. Good verses. Heed them. - Tomas on Jul 8, 2017, 2:08 PM
        1. Re: Good verses. Heed them. - almario on Jul 13, 2017, 12:29 PM
          1. God owns his doctrines, we don't. I never claimed I own God's doctrines. - Tomas on Jul 14, 2017, 5:23 AM
            1. Re: God owns his doctrines, we don't. I never claimed I own God's doctrines. - almario on Jul 14, 2017, 8:59 PM
              1. Each Christian has his own doctrines, which is the best he can do in grasping - Tomas on Jul 15, 2017, 3:19 PM
                1. Re: Each Christian has his own doctrines, which is the best he can do in grasping - almario on Jul 15, 2017, 3:57 PM
                  1. Yes, we have to search the scriptures, and try to understand them the best we can. - Tomas on Jul 15, 2017, 4:03 PM
                    1. Re: Yes, we have to search the scriptures, and try to understand them the best we can. - almario on Jul 18, 2017, 1:32 AM
                      1. Of course we can understand some doctrine, but not all the Bible. - Tomas on Jul 19, 2017, 8:05 PM
                        1. Re: Of course we can understand some doctrine, but not all the Bible. - almario on Jul 19, 2017, 9:25 PM
                          1. The first of all the commandments is in Mark 12:29-30: Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God - Tomas on Jul 20, 2017, 5:59 AM
                            1. Re: The first of all the commandments is in Mark 12:29-30: Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God - almario on Jul 20, 2017, 8:54 PM
                              1. I do my best to obey all the commandments, as best as I can understand them. - Tomas on Jul 21, 2017, 4:07 AM
                                1. Re: I do my best to obey all the commandments, as best as I can understand them. - almario on Jul 21, 2017, 2:18 PM
                                2. OK, for instance it has happened even since I got saved, that a few times - Tomas on Jul 22, 2017, 1:53 PM
                                3. Re: OK, for instance it has happened even since I got saved, that a few times - almario on Jul 22, 2017, 5:49 PM
                                4. Yes, when we sin, we must repent, or else we lose salvation, see - Tomas on Jul 24, 2017, 4:33 AM
                                5. Re: Yes, when we sin, we must repent, or else we lose salvation, see - almario on Jul 24, 2017, 2:46 PM
                                6. Of course remission of sins is necessary. And it happens when we believe and repent - Tomas on Jul 26, 2017, 5:20 PM
                                7. Re: Of course remission of sins is necessary. And it happens when we believe and repent - almario on Jul 26, 2017, 7:49 PM
                                8. For example in 9th grade I beat up terribly a classmate who was supposed to be - Tomas on Jul 27, 2017, 5:15 AM
                                9. Re: For example in 9th grade I beat up terribly a classmate who was supposed to be - almario on Jul 27, 2017, 7:12 PM
                                10. Only the gospel doctrines are necessary for salvation. - Tomas on Jul 28, 2017, 5:15 AM
                                11. Re: Only the gospel doctrines are necessary for salvation. - almario on Jul 28, 2017, 4:40 PM
                                12. You did not display 1 John 3, so I don't see whether that printing had italics in - Tomas on Jul 29, 2017, 4:20 PM
                                13. Re: You did not display 1 John 3, so I don't see whether that printing had italics in - almario on Jul 29, 2017, 11:18 PM
                                14. I know our God is one Lord and one God. And I love him. So no problem. - Tomas on Jul 31, 2017, 2:55 AM
                                15. Re: I know our God is one Lord and one God. And I love him. So no problem. - almario on Jul 31, 2017, 4:42 AM
                                16. Of course God's infallible words are the only judge if a person is saved. But - Tomas on Jul 31, 2017, 6:45 AM
                                17. Re: Of course God's infallible words are the only judge if a person is saved. But - almario on Jul 31, 2017, 8:30 AM
                                18. Don't worry, I was converted to become as a little child. I hope you were too. - Tomas on Aug 3, 2017, 8:07 AM
                                19. Re: Don't worry, I was converted to become as a little child. I hope you were too. - almario on Aug 3, 2017, 2:55 PM
                                20. I did not covet God's doctrines, to the contrary, I have tried to figure out God's - Tomas on Aug 4, 2017, 6:25 AM
                                21. Re: I did not covet God's doctrines, to the contrary, I have tried to figure out God's - almario on Aug 4, 2017, 4:13 PM
                                22. I search the scriptures, and as a result, I try to figure out God's doctrines, - Tomas on Aug 5, 2017, 3:43 PM
                                23. I sent this too soon. So I search the scriptures, and as a result, I try to figure out - Tomas on Aug 5, 2017, 3:46 PM
                                24. Re: I sent this too soon. So I search the scriptures, and as a result, I try to figure out - almario on Aug 5, 2017, 4:10 PM
                                25. God's doctrines are infallible. My and your doctrines are not infallible, we can all - Tomas on Aug 7, 2017, 3:06 AM
                                26. Re: God's doctrines are infallible. My and your doctrines are not infallible, we can all - almario on Aug 7, 2017, 4:23 AM
                                27. Of course you have your doctrines, as much as you deny it. And some of - Tomas on Aug 7, 2017, 6:13 AM
                                28. Re: Of course you have your doctrines, as much as you deny it. And some of - almario on Aug 7, 2017, 3:35 PM
                                29. We have God's words in our hearts, even though we don't remember them all. - Tomas on Aug 9, 2017, 6:45 PM
                                30. Re: We have God's words in our hearts, even though we don't remember them all. - almario on Aug 9, 2017, 11:55 PM
                                31. Of course the heart is deceitful above all things, so people of various religions - Tomas on Aug 10, 2017, 7:09 AM
                                32. Re: Of course the heart is deceitful above all things, so people of various religions - almario on Aug 11, 2017, 4:31 AM
                                33. So please don't preach any other gospel, such as that Jesus was not actually resurrected. - Tomas on Aug 11, 2017, 5:36 AM
                                34. Re: So please don't preach any other gospel, such as that Jesus was not actually resurrected. - almario on Aug 11, 2017, 3:49 PM
                                35. So please read the Bible, pray for wisdom, and realize that Jesus was really resurrected. - Tomas on Aug 12, 2017, 7:00 PM
                                36. Re: So please read the Bible, pray for wisdom, and realize that Jesus was really resurrected. - almario on Aug 12, 2017, 8:29 PM

Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife
and they shall be two in one flesh