Return to Index  

Re: I know the KJV translators believed in soul salvation, but the problem is they did not

July 12 2017 at 8:36 PM
almario  (Login almario38)

Response to I know the KJV translators believed in soul salvation, but the problem is they did not

Now, you digressed again and cover-up such an evidently written blunder
to exculpate.

They mistranslated 2 Cor 6:2 while that was a great message of calling
for a human being's soul salvation after he or she are converted to
become as little children

[linked image]

King James Bible - The Translators

Of the original 54 men chosen to translate the King James Bible,
only 47 finished the more than seven-year project, which was
governed by very strict rules of translation. The translators
were scholarly men who were experts in the biblical languages ,
and they were convinced of the inerrancy and authority of
Scripture . Dr. Henry M. Morris, President of the Institute
for Creation Research, said of these men, "It is almost certain
that no group of Bible scholars before or since has ever been
as thoroughly fit for their task as was the King James Translation Team."

The planning of the translation project stipulated that the translators
should be broken up into six panels, and each panel was given certain
books of the Bible to translate. After the translations were done, a
committee of 12-two translators from each of the six panels-reviewed
the work based on a detailed set of guidelines that was established to
ensure that the translators' personal eccentricities and political
prejudices were not included in this new version.

King James Bible - Comparison to the Original Manuscripts
The King James Version translation effort was based primarily on the
Bishops' Bible, but the translators also used the Tyndale, Matthew,
Coverdale, Great, and Geneva Bibles; and because many of the translators
were skilled in both Hebrew and Greek , they could also refer to the
Masoretic text (Hebrew Old Testament) and the Septuagint (Greek
translation of Hebrew Scriptures) during their work. If all of the
Bibles listed here were traced back to their origins (a work beyond
the scope of this writing) the path would lead directly back to the
original Hebrew and Greek manuscripts of the Old and New Testaments
that exist today.

Because its translators strove for accuracy, beauty, power, and literal
faithfulness to the Greek and Hebrew texts, the King James Bible has
endured as one of the most beloved translations for centuries. In fact,
it was unrivaled in its first 250 years. In 1881, 50 scholars developed
the English Revised Version, and they had this to say about the King James Version:

We have had to study this great Version carefully and minutely, line by line;
and the longer we have been engaged upon it the more we have learned to admire
its simplicity, its dignity, its power, its happy turns of expression, its general
accuracy, and, we must not fail to add, the music of its cadences, and the felicities
of its rhythm.

The King James Bible is still found in many homes and churches today, and it is
living proof that the beauty and inerrancy of God's Word has been safeguarded
over the centuries.

Responses

1.   The KJV translators were all members of the Church of England, so no wonder - Tomas on Jul 12, 2017, 10:34 PM
    1. Re: The KJV translators were all members of the Church of England, so no wonder - almario on Jul 13, 2017, 12:10 AM
      1. I don't deny they knew ancient Greek well, but still they were all members - Tomas on Jul 13, 2017, 3:58 AM
        1. Re: I don't deny they knew ancient Greek well, but still they were all members - almario on Jul 13, 2017, 12:45 PM
          1. We should all do our best to follow God's doctrines, as I do. - Tomas on Jul 14, 2017, 5:20 AM
            1. Re: We should all do our best to follow God's doctrines, as I do. - almario on Jul 14, 2017, 9:43 PM
              1. I know God from everything the Bible says about him. But the Bible does not say - Tomas on Jul 15, 2017, 3:09 PM
                1. Re: I know God from everything the Bible says about him. But the Bible does not say - almario on Jul 16, 2017, 4:48 PM
                  1. Of course God's doctrine is pure, but we know only as much of his doctrine as - Tomas on Jul 17, 2017, 3:51 AM
                    1. Re: Of course God's doctrine is pure, but we know only as much of his doctrine as - almario on Jul 17, 2017, 10:11 PM
                      1. It will be a glorious appearing of both of them, of the great God, and of our Savior - Tomas on Jul 19, 2017, 7:56 PM
                        1. Re: It will be a glorious appearing of both of them, of the great God, and of our Savior - almario on Jul 19, 2017, 11:47 PM
                          1. So without a comma it is still the same meaning, the comma is optional. - Tomas on Jul 20, 2017, 5:51 AM
                            1. Re: So without a comma it is still the same meaning, the comma is optional. - almario on Jul 20, 2017, 3:27 PM
                              1. Of course now visually we can't see either God or his Son. But when they come - Tomas on Jul 21, 2017, 4:49 AM
                                1. Re: Of course now visually we can't see either God or his Son. But when they come - almario on Jul 21, 2017, 2:09 PM
                                2. Yes, they will appear. So yes, visually. Appearing means visual. We will be - Tomas on Jul 22, 2017, 2:00 PM
                                3. Re: Yes, they will appear. So yes, visually. Appearing means visual. We will be - almario on Jul 22, 2017, 4:10 PM
                                4. You misunderstand that verse, Eccl. 12:7. - Tomas on Jul 24, 2017, 3:57 AM

Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife
and they shall be two in one flesh