Return to Index  

Of course we have to obey the New Testament commandments, so no lying,

July 21 2017 at 4:31 AM
Tomas  (Login TomasSedlacek)

Response to Re: Yes, one jot or tittle shall not pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. And it has been

stealing, murdering, etc., whatever the New Testament prohibits. Though you mention taking the Lord's name in vain, I don't see that in the New Testament. And after all, the name Yahweh has been discontinued in the New Testament (even in quotes from the Old Testament, where it is usually replaced by Lord, sometimes by God), and the short version of the name, Yah, is used only twice in the New Testament, both times in the command Hallelu Yah, written alleluia in Greek, meaning Praise Yah. So I believe the Old Testament commandment not to take Yahweh's name in vain, given to the Israelites, does not apply now. I know some Christians claim the Ten Commandments are for all people, but there is nothing in the New Testament that would say that, and when you read the Ten Commandments, they are clearly to Israel. They are part of the Law of Moses, which was for Israel, is not for us. So likewise we don't need to worry about not working on the seventh day of the week. We can work any day.

Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife
and they shall be two in one flesh