Return to Index  

Some are saying God died, for example Catholics. In previous centuries many were

July 21 2017 at 4:43 AM
Tomas  (Login TomasSedlacek)

Response to Re: Of course God dwelt in Jesus Christ, when he died. But God did not die.

blaming Jews for killing God. Now Catholics are saying that modern Jews are not any more guilty in that than other people, but all are guilty of killing the second person of the Trinity, so all need salvation. Catholics explain it by saying Jesus is divine, both body and soul, so when the Roman soldiers crucified him and killed him, they killed his body, which is of two natures, human and divine, while the soul of Jesus remained alive, and the soul is also both human and divine. So they claim his soul descended into the netherworld and freed saved people from it, took them to heaven, while his body was still in the tomb. So Catholics are saying that when Jesus was resurrected, only his body was revived, made alive again. So this way God the Son was alive again.
Now according to my beliefs, some of this is wrong, and some of this is speculation, not revealed by the Bible. But that is the Catholic beliefs. I listen often to EWTN Catholic Answers radio program, and I have a copy of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, so I am quite well informed about Catholic beliefs.

Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife
and they shall be two in one flesh