Well, the mark on the right hand OR the forehead was not the sign of the cross.July 27 2017 at 4:34 AM
|Tomas (Login TomasSedlacek)|
Response to They could not buy or sell anything unless
The sign of the cross was usually done by the right hand on the body, including the forehead, so it was not on the forehead OR the right hand, it was both, so that could not have been the mark of the beast. Besides, the sign of the cross was done also by many non-Catholic Christians of that time, who were so persecuted by the Catholic Christians.
The mark of the beast is explained in verse 17-18, it is the name of a person, whose number is 666, that according to many Biblical scholars was the number of the emperor Nero. So the mark of the beast was the worship of Nero, and whoever did not want to worship him was not allowed to buy or sell. Nero was the first emperor who persecuted the Christians, killing for example Peter and Paul.
- Did you read fully my post? - Wayne on Aug 4, 2017, 4:20 AM
- Yes, I did read it fully. But that INC minister taught me it represents the sign of the - Tomas on Aug 4, 2017, 5:25 AM
- Mark of the Beast - Deacon646 on Aug 12, 2017, 10:26 PM
- Exactly. I think the mark of the beast was allegiance to Nero. - Tomas on Aug 14, 2017, 3:20 AM
- About two years before his death Nero was in Greece performing in theater - Wayne on Sep 1, 2017, 6:48 PM
- ok - Deacon646 on Sep 1, 2017, 9:32 PM
- You can deduce, persecuting the Christians was not in Nero's agenda - Wayne on Sep 11, 2017, 4:03 AM
- So sometimes Nero was in Greece, and sometimes he was in Rome, and likely - Tomas on Sep 11, 2017, 4:28 PM
- How can one deduce - Deacon646 on Sep 13, 2017, 12:26 PM