Stories about what gods did were often passed from tribe to tribe, due to contact,July 29 2017 at 3:52 PM
|Tomas (Login TomasSedlacek)|
Response to Yes... those types of gods
trade, intermarriage, assimilation, etc., so similarities in stories among pagan religions do not prove that aliens visited the earth. For example ancient Romans got many of their stories from the Greeks. Before that, they surely had gotten some stories from the Etruscans, who used to rule Rome before Rome became independent.
It is significant that people did not start talking about seeing UFOs until the late 1940s, as a result of the Roswell crash in New Mexico, which was interpreted and surely misinterpreted as a UFO crash. That followed of course several decades of speculation about life on other planets, this became part of Mormon mythology, and then the report about channels on Mars, which was mistranslated into English as canals on Mars. It was still a misinterpretation, an astronomer thought he saw channels on Mars, and he was seeing it wrong.
So we have really no clear evidence of alien visitations. There might be intelligent life on other planets, but so far we do not know how they could visit distant worlds, given the huge distances and the fact that nothing can travel faster than light, as far as we know.
- I'm not going to waste my time explaining to you... - Iam1plus1plus1 on Jul 29, 2017, 4:25 PM
- I don't want to waste time watching some show Ancient Aliens. I don't even know - Tomas on Jul 29, 2017, 4:44 PM
- Oh, now your an expert in translating ancient Sumerian? - Iam1plus1plus1 on Jul 29, 2017, 10:31 PM
- I am not an expert in translating Sumerian, but I can rely on the consensus of experts. - Tomas on Jul 31, 2017, 2:57 AM
- Just watch clips on youtube... you'll get the idea. - Iam1plus1plus1 on Jul 29, 2017, 10:32 PM