Return to Index  

Old and New Testament - 31

July 31 2017 at 6:50 PM
almario  (Login almario38)

Response to Old and New Testament - 30

In the Old Testament

Psalms 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:

Ezekiel 20:49 Then said I, Ah Lord GOD! they say of me, Doth he not speak
parables?

In the New Testament :

Mark 4:34 But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone,
he [Jesus Christ] expounded all things to his disciples.

In the beginning of His ministry, Jesus Christ demonstrated this truth when He drove the
merchants in the TEMPLE. The Jews asked Him by what authority did He do this. Jesus said
“Destroy this TEMPLE and in three days I will raise it up”. The Jews said “Forty and six
years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?”

Now taking the “letter” for literal TEMPLE was vividly demonstrated. As Jesus Christ was
nailed on the cross, the Jews taking the TEMPLE literally mocked Him, saying, “Thou that
destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of
God, come down from the cross.”

However His Disciples realized when Jesus rose from the dead, He was actually referring
to His “ His BODYas the TEMPLE ":

John 2:21 *But he spake of the TEMPLE of his body .

John 2:22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered
that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which
Jesus had said.

All these opened the eyes of the converted to become as little children that the
“miracles” of our Lord have their “spiritual message”, thus:

The “blind see by recognizing the True Christ, and now “can walk on the narrow gate”
of spiritual humility.

The “deaf and dumb now “understand and speak the spiritual message of the word”.

The “dead rise again” when they are freed from the shackle of spiritual ignorance.

Proverbs 21:16 The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall
remain in the congregation of the dead.

Responses

1.   Why do you put miracles of Jesus in quotes? Don't you believe those were - Tomas on Aug 3, 2017, 6:17 AM
    1. Re: Why do you put miracles of Jesus in quotes? Don't you believe those were - almario on Aug 3, 2017, 9:04 PM
      1. Don't you believe that Christ has the power to do miracles, such as literally raise - Tomas on Aug 4, 2017, 6:16 AM
        1. Re: Don't you believe that Christ has the power to do miracles, such as literally raise - almario on Aug 4, 2017, 7:07 PM
          1. You did not answer me clearly, if you believe Jesus literally raised some dead people. - Tomas on Aug 5, 2017, 3:35 PM
            1. Re: You did not answer me clearly, if you believe Jesus literally raised some dead people. - almario on Aug 5, 2017, 9:23 PM
              1. OK, you admit God changed a rod into a serpent. Do you admit also that Jesus - Tomas on Aug 7, 2017, 2:38 AM
                1. Re: OK, you admit God changed a rod into a serpent. Do you admit also that Jesus - almario on Aug 7, 2017, 6:11 PM
                  1. OK, you don't have to believe that. But do you believe that Jesus was literally raised - Tomas on Aug 9, 2017, 6:10 PM
                    1. Re: OK, you don't have to believe that. But do you believe that Jesus was literally raised - almario on Aug 9, 2017, 9:15 PM
                      1. Sorry, if you don't believe in the literal resurrection of Jesus Christ, then you are not - Tomas on Aug 10, 2017, 7:24 AM
                        1. Re: Sorry, if you don't believe in the literal resurrection of Jesus Christ, then you are not - almario on Aug 11, 2017, 1:56 AM
                          1. 2 Cor. 3:6 can't be used to spiritualize away the resurrection of Christ, it is a warning - Tomas on Aug 11, 2017, 5:52 AM

Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife
and they shall be two in one flesh