Return to Index  

Manmade Fiction

August 11 2017 at 4:29 AM
PuksainAngTaglish  (Login PuksainAngTaglish)

Response to You have no scientific proof that the Bible is just man-made and not the word of God.

You say you have proof that the Bible is the word of God. Is this ‘proof’ you mention written in the Bible? Am I the only one here who is looking for independent corroboration?

There is no question this fiction was written by humans. Who else could come up with the story of Lot who offered his two virgin daughters to be raped by a mob in lieu of the angel visitors that they wanted to sodomize? After their mother was turned into a giant salt shaker, these same two daughters then went on to get their father drunk so they could have sex with him and get impregnated by him! You call this the inspired word of God? Did your God come up with this? I hope not and I am glad these stories are just manmade fiction and did not actually happen.

If any uninterested bystander would apply our moral standards today to the God of the Old Testament aka Yahweh, he would be found (per Dawkins) to be the most unpleasant character in all fiction. Jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. He would put the worst sociopathic murderer who ever lived to shame.

You may say that part of the Bible no longer applies in our time. To that I would say- it is either the word of God in its entirety or it is not. Your choice.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. The Bible predicted in the Old Testament the coming of the Messiah. - Tomas on Aug 11, 2017, 5:32 AM
    1. Genocide & Ethnic Cleansing - PuksainAngTaglish on Aug 11, 2017, 5:50 PM
      1. The Bible does not teach anything like sex slaves, it is not like in the Qur'an, - Tomas on Aug 12, 2017, 6:56 PM

Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife
and they shall be two in one flesh