<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Old and New Testament - 11

March 28 2017 at 4:10 PM
almario  (Login almario38)

Consolidated and shared by the brethren for those called at this point in time:

Old and New Testament - 11

Because of FAITH, these people who had not witnessed the death of Christ already “saw” the real offering by divine revelation.

This is the true and deep meaning of FAITH:

Heb. 11:1 “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”

Heb. 11:6 “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he
is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”

1 Cor. 2:5 “That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.”

All the characters, Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Sarah, Joseph, Moses, Rahab, Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephtha, David ,
Samuel, and the prophets, were saved by FAITH. Christ did not destroy the law nor abolished obedience thereto. Jesus Christ said:

Matt. 5:17 “ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.”

The law remains the frameworks upon which the relationship between God and His chosen is established. With the law, God shows
His chosen how He guides and provides strength to follow it according to His will. This is the message of the New Testament, for by
the shedding of blood gave way to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Heb. 13:20 “Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through
the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing
in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.”

Jesus said, “ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.” The law remains
but not according to the Natural Man’s interpretation which is limited to the “letter.” The “letter” of the word is full of contradictions
for they are expressed in parables.

1 Cor. 2:14 “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can
he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

Therefore coverage of the NEW TESTAMENT is not determined by the period or epoch , but by the way the “chosen of God”
humble themselves before Him . How did Abel know the right offering of a Lamb if God had not reveal it to him -- because
of his humility . The “Lamb” symbolizes Jesus Christ. The offering and shedding of blood of bulls and other animals prefigured
the death of our Lord. The shadow is as good as the reality in the shedding of blood of JESUS CHRIST on the cross.

AuthorReply
Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

We have a different law in the New Covenant.

March 29 2017, 2:13 PM 

Look at Heb. 7:12 "For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law."
Go down to verse 18: "For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof".
So the Law of Moses is annulled.

almario
(Login almario38)

Re: We have a different law in the New Covenant.

March 29 2017, 2:37 PM 

No problem with GOD's infallible WORDS as HE revealed solely
within the realm of HIS SPIRITUAL TRUTH and never ever from
the ownership of doctrines based loosely from interpretations
of only human learned earthly knowledge.

Flood of discourses will not lead the way onto one's real and true soul
salvation plus the usage of such contextual interpretations digress the
SPIRITUAL essence of GOD's infallible WORDS. Man's head knowledge
learned only from earthly philosophy absolutely deceives.

1 Cor 3:18 Let no man deceive himself . If any man among you seemeth
to be wise in this world , let him become a fool , that he may be wise .

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit , after
the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ .

almario
(Login almario38)

Re: We have a different law in the New Covenant.

March 29 2017, 2:46 PM 

Old and New Testament - 12

Because of FAITH, these people who had not witnessed the death of Christ already
“saw” the real offering by divine revelation. This is the true and deep meaning
of FAITH:

Heb. 11:1 “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”

Heb. 11:6 “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe
that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”

1 Cor. 2:5 “That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.”

All the characters, Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Sarah, Joseph, Moses, Rahab, Gideon, Barak,
Samson, Jephtha, David , Samuel, and the prophets, were saved by FAITH. Christ did not destroy the law nor
abolished obedience thereto. Jesus Christ said:

Matt. 5:17 “ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy,
but to fulfil.”

The law remains the frameworks upon which the relationship between God and His chosen is established. With
the law, God shows His chosen how He guides and provides strength to follow it according to His will. This is
the message of the New Testament, for by the shedding of blood gave way to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Heb. 13:20 “Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of
the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will,
working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever.
Amen.”

Jesus said, “ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to
fulfil.” The law remains but not according to the Natural Man’s interpretation which is limited to the
“letter.” The “letter” of the word is full of contradictions for they are expressed in parables.

1 Cor. 2:14 “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness
unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

By FAITH, the Spiritual Man (1 Cor. 2:15 -16) is given the benefit of divine revelation of the word:

Mark 4:34 “But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone , he expounded all things
to his disciples .”

Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

You are repeating the same post.

March 29 2017, 2:50 PM 

almario
(Login almario38)

Re: You are repeating the same post.

March 29 2017, 6:00 PM 

Had to emphaszed these so as not to deceive an individual
seeking/searching for his/her real and true salvation upon
their unexpected physical death on top of this planet earth.
v v v v v
No problem with GOD's infallible WORDS as HE revealed solely
within the realm of HIS SPIRITUAL TRUTH and never ever from
the ownership of doctrines based loosely from interpretations
of only human learned earthly knowledge.

Flood of discourses will not lead the way onto one's real and true
soul salvation plus the usage of such contextual interpretations to
digress the SPIRITUAL essence of GOD's infallible WORDS. Man's
head knowledge learned only from earthly philosophy absolutely
deceives.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^

At this point in time, GOD's infallible WORDS cannot open up Tomas's
deaf ears and blinded eyes due to his ownership of doctrines and now
falsely mixed up that the Old and New Testament - 11 was repeatedly
on 12.

Well, again highly expecting a reply of denial and stubborn defense
based from his "my doctrines" declaration instead of GOD's infallible
Doctrines that HE LET them be written solely within the realm of HIS
SPIRITUAL TRUTH upon the Old and New Testaments.

Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

Good words. Anyway, Heb. 7:19 says "For the law made nothing perfect, but

March 29 2017, 2:49 PM 

the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh to God."

inc slayer
(Login knomeking)

the new law

July 19 2017, 4:02 PM 

Matthew 5:16-18 King James Version (KJV)

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

Yes, one jot or tittle shall not pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. And it has been

July 19 2017, 7:27 PM 

fulfilled by Jesus dying on the cross. So now we are not bound by the Law of Moses. Read Acts 10, Acts 15.

inc slayer
(Login knomeking)

Re: Yes, one jot or tittle shall not pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. And it has been

July 20 2017, 6:36 PM 

not bound by that law (of sin and death), no..
the born again Christian in under the law of grace, but its no cause to live a sinful life of lying, stealing, murdering, taking the Lord's name in vain, etc.
read Rom. 3

Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

Of course we have to obey the New Testament commandments, so no lying,

July 21 2017, 4:31 AM 

stealing, murdering, etc., whatever the New Testament prohibits. Though you mention taking the Lord's name in vain, I don't see that in the New Testament. And after all, the name Yahweh has been discontinued in the New Testament (even in quotes from the Old Testament, where it is usually replaced by Lord, sometimes by God), and the short version of the name, Yah, is used only twice in the New Testament, both times in the command Hallelu Yah, written alleluia in Greek, meaning Praise Yah. So I believe the Old Testament commandment not to take Yahweh's name in vain, given to the Israelites, does not apply now. I know some Christians claim the Ten Commandments are for all people, but there is nothing in the New Testament that would say that, and when you read the Ten Commandments, they are clearly to Israel. They are part of the Law of Moses, which was for Israel, is not for us. So likewise we don't need to worry about not working on the seventh day of the week. We can work any day.

almario
(Login almario38)

Re: Old and New Testament - 11

March 31 2017, 8:58 PM 

Old and New Testament - 13

The Spiritual Man is given the strength to follow the word of God according to His direction.

1 Cor. 2:15 “But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16For who hath known
the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.”

Phil. 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

The direction of God of His words is derived from “demonstration and circumstances” in the life of our Lord Jesus Christ as man,
the model showing the way by example. This is the meaning of His being called the chief corner stone the Apostles and Prophets
as “foundation” of the truth.

Eph. 2:20 “And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;”

The following examples will show how the “spirit” and not just the “letter” of the word will fulfill the purpose.

1. The law on Sabbath is not abolished. However, as demonstrated by Jesus and His Apostles, they did not follow it to the
“letter,” but given a much deeper meaning that is hidden from the understanding of the Natural Man (1 Cor. 2:14). Sabbath is
God’s gift of “rest for the soul” that means “salvation.” That is why Jesus said, “I am the Lord even of the Sabbath.” And
“Sabbath” is an eternal sign of God with His chosen. “Six days work” refers to man’s own work for his salvation, which is
indeed a “heavy burden” that Jesus extends His invitation:

Matt. 11:28“ Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest [directed to those who
realize the heavy burden of working for own salvation] . 29 Take my yoke [cross] upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek
and lowly in heart [an invitation to humble oneself to receive the gift of faith] : and ye shall find rest unto your
souls [not rest for the body for it means salvation of the soul] . 30 For my yoke is easy [truth symbolized by the
cross] , and my burden is light [with God’s grace and mercy truth can be ‘carried’] . ”

2. The Natural Man’s understanding of the law “Thou shalt not commit adultery” is limited to the “letter,” meaning, to
simply remain faithful to the spouse and to avoid any waywardness with the opposite sex. This is “cleanliness on the outside”
that our Lord told the Scribes and Pharisees (Matt. 23:26 ). However, God gives a much deeper meaning. After a Natural Man
received the Holy Spirit, the promised inheritance, he is endowed with SPIRITUAL LIFE aside from the PHYSICAL LIFE. This
is “born again” (John 3:3) and the Natural Man is converted into a Spiritual Man (1 Cor. 2:15 -16) that this particular law
should apply to SPIRITUAL LIFE as well. Here, the chosen becomes the spiritual “wife” of God who is the spiritual “husband.”

Jer. 3:14 “Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you : and I will take you one of a
city, and two of a family…”

Isa. 54:5 “ For thy Maker is thine husband ; the LORD of hosts …”

The “seeds” being planted by God (the spiritual husband) unto the chosen (the spiritual wife) is the TRUTH in the word
(Luke 8:11 ). The “marriage” bears “children” referring to the fruit of the Spirit:

Gal. 5:22 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness,
temperance: against such there is no law.”

Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

Sabbaths are not for today.

April 1 2017, 8:33 AM 

Look at Col. 2:16 "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days".
So now we can work any day.

almario
(Login almario38)

April 1 2017, 6:53 PM 

Old and New Testament - 14

As it is written, Jesus Christ did not come to destroy the law and the prophets.
He came to fulfill them, but this is according to His explanation by “demonstration”
through the word. The truth, “ For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass,
one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.”
(Matt. 5:18 ), and “ Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away”
(Matt. 24:35) are confirmed.

Thus, the ministers of the NEW are distinguished from those of the OLD Testament who do
not only see the “letter” but the “spirit” of the word:

2 Cor. 3:6 “Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the
letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.”

The laws are given as schoolmaster for man to realize that they are not for him to follow
them to the “letter” for he cannot even understand them. More so, to follow them with man’s
own capability for God requires ALL to be complied with. This is IMPOSSIBLE. This is the OLD
COVENANT that God speaks of having “fault” that needs to be “improved.”

But the Natural Man, because of pride, thinks he can understand the law and follow them to the
“letter.” He is tied to the law that God compares this to marriage. It is only after the
“death of the letter of the law” in the life of a person that he can be married to Christ:

Rom 7:1 “Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath
dominion over a man as long as he liveth? 2For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the
law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the
law of her husband. 3So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she
shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that
she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. 4Wherefore, my brethren,
ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another,
even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
5For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our
members to bring forth fruit unto death. 6But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead
wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.”

God gave the law with a purpose and it is for this that Jesus Christ said, “ Think not that I
am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.” The
law should make man realize he is a sinner and always falls short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23),
because of the impossibility following them all.

Rom. 3:10 “As it is written, There is none righteous , no, not one : 11There is none that
understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God . 12They are all gone out of the way,
they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one .”

almario
(Login almario38)

April 2 2017, 7:35 PM 

Old and New Testament - 15

The just shall live by FAITH

God gave the law not for man to take pride following them for it is impossible to
follow them all. Rather, God wants man to humble himself and ask for His mercy.
After all God is only waiting to give FAITH as a gift.

Eph. 2:8 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:
it is the gift of God:”

Now suddenly the following is made very clear:

Gal. 3:22 “But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by
faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. 23But before faith came, we
were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be
justified by faith. 25But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”

How easy to say, “The just shall live by faith” without comprehending its true meaning.
Some misconceptions about faith:

1. Many believe faith simply means sincerity in belief, hence it comes from a person.
The truth is, FAITH is a gift of God and fruit of the Spirit because real spiritual
humility:

Eph. 2:8 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves :
it is the gift of God:”

Gal. 5:22 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering,
gentleness, goodness, faith,”

2. Corollary to this misconception of faith is zealousness in whatever thought is right
will please God. But Paul writes by the revelation of God:

Rom. 10:2 “For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according
to knowledge. 3For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish
their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.”

The truth is, “Without faith it is impossible to please God.” Faith brings forth divine
knowledge and wisdom, all coming from God.

Heb. 11:6 “But without faith it is impossible to please him : for he that cometh to
God must believe that he is , and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek
him .”

almario
(Login almario38)

April 4 2017, 1:44 AM 

Old and New Testament - 16

Revelation of the One True God

Who is the one true God that we have to “diligently seek” and give meaning to the
following?

John 8:19 “Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me,
nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.”

Heb. 9:15 ‘And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for
the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might
receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 16For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be
the death of the testator.

This is what is written and, if we humble ourselves like “babes or infants,” God will introduce
Himself:

Matt. 11:25 “At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth,
because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.”

Isa.28:9 [ KJV and Bishops Bible only ] “Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand
doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.”

1. There is only one God :

1 Cor. 8:6 “But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things…”

2. God made a covenant or testament of salvation, a promise of everlasting life, with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and their
seeds (many verses).

Gen. 17:1 “And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am
the Almighty God ; walk before me, and be thou perfect.”

Gen. 17:7 “And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for
an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.”

These are the spiritual seeds of Abraham as God is speaking in parable. Many of the physical seeds of Abraham are not
even included in the following:

Gal. 3:28 “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female:
for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the
promise.”

3. The covenant or testament can only be fulfilled by the death of the maker. The maker is the Father God.

Heb. 9:16 “For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.”

4. The Father God cannot fulfill His testament without manifesting Himself in the flesh. Thus,

1 Tim. 3:16 [ KJV and Bishops Bible only ] “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifest in the flesh…”

Many verses testify to the truth that the “flesh” refers to JESUS CHRIST both in the Old and New Testament books.

Among them are the following :

Isa. 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son,
and shall call his name Immanuel.”

Matt. 1:23 “Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel ,
which being interpreted is, God with us .”

Phil. 2:6 “Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation,
and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man,
he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.”

Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

Did the Father die? The Father was immortal, Is. 57:15, so he can't die.

April 5 2017, 12:54 PM 

almario
(Login almario38)

Re: Did the Father die? The Father was immortal, Is. 57:15, so he can't die.

April 5 2017, 5:08 PM 

Sacred infallible WORDS of GOD below is not even revealing HIS immortality:

isaiah 57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose
name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite
and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the
contrite ones.

Being fanatic with such ownership of doctrines muddled of being incdoctrinated
by inc awhile upon their human formulated teachings resulted being deceived thus
you cannot believe that there is only one GOD that manifested in flesh being HIM
the sole Almighty and all are possible with HIS unfathomable power.

Lk 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible .

Lk 18:27 And he said,
The things which are impossible with men
are possible with God .

Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

Deut. 33:27 says "The eternal God is thy refuge". Ps. 90:2 says "From everlasting

April 6 2017, 3:19 AM 

to everlasting, thou art God". So God was never dead. He is eternal, lives forever. SO just because your KJV translation says "inhabiteth eternity", while other translations say "lives forever", does not change it. Nobody dead inhabits anything, he is a corpse. So when a famous magazine headline declared "God is dead", it is not true and it was never true. When the inhabitants of the US or other countries are counted in the census, corpses are not counted, they are not inhabitants.

almario
(Login almario38)

Re: Deut. 33:27 says "The eternal God is thy refuge". Ps. 90:2 says "From everlastin

April 7 2017, 4:45 PM 

GOD's infallible WORDS reconciled from HIS Old and then to the New
Testaments as an absolute revelations upon the TRUTH in which the
self-appointed preachers nowadays deceive by their word for word
interpretations thru contextual understanding and human learned
earthly knowledge thus imposing judgment into themselves and upon
their followers and gullible believers.

2 Cor 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ , reconciling the world
unto himself , not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath
committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

1 Cor 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ
the power of God , and the wisdom of God .

1 Tim 1:17 Now unto the King eternal , immortal , invisible, the
only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Tim 6:16 Who only hath immortality , dwelling in the light which
no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to
whom be honour and power everlasting . Amen.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 57 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife
and they shall be two in one flesh