<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hey INC Minister - Acts 20;28 doesn't say Church of Christ

May 12 2017 at 2:04 AM
Hijo  (Login hijo7591)

Also

Felix Manalo never communicated to anyone about WW1 let alone world leaders.

Ends of the earth means the ends of the earth not 1914 (PS the world didnt end in 1914 in case you havent noticed).

How do you base your life on such nonsense

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Deacon646
(Login Deacon646)

Sometimes its all I can do to keep from laughing out loud

May 12 2017, 2:58 AM 

At some of their insane beliefs, and the way they stretch world events to match their beliefs. The four angels for example; Wilson, Clemenceau, George, and Orlando. There were more than four signatories to the Versailles Treaty. And the big three were the UK, the US, and France. Italy was a relatively minor player, both in the war and the treaty negotiations. They were not in the four corners of the earth. Wilson couldn't even get the treaty ratified by his own government.

Regarding Manalo's knowledge of the bible, its hit or miss. Regarding his knowledge of history and world events, its nearly non-existent.

Respond to this message   
Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

Yes, FYM taught some errors. But then nobody is infallible. The main thing is

May 12 2017, 5:07 AM 

he taught the gospel, so some of his followers became saved.

Respond to this message   
HiJo
(Login hijo7591)

How would you know?

May 12 2017, 9:24 AM 

You must have been communicating with the worlds saviour?

And by the worlds saviour I mean the one and only Eduardo V Manalo.

Respond to this message   
Deacon646
(Login Deacon646)

What they teach

May 12 2017, 11:50 AM 

Is loyalty to the administration, give money to the administration, and don't concern yourself with negative articles about the administration.

Respond to this message   
Deacon646
(Login Deacon646)

Manalo/God/Christ

May 12 2017, 1:49 PM 

I was a bored a few years ago, so I decided to count the number of times each of the three was mentioned during the sunday and midweek lesson. That was back when I actually listened to their mind-numbingly boring lessons. During the service, the Manalo's or the church administration were mentioned 32 times. God was mentioned 28 times. Christ was mentioned twice. I thought this likely to be an abberation, I mean it is a Christian Church, so certainly they should discuss Christ more than the Manalo's. So I did the same thing during the next service. The numbers were roughly the same. For about 4 consecutive sessions I did this. The numbers were staggering. After four consecutive sessions, it turned out they discussed the Manalo's nearly as much as they did Christ and God the father combined.

In the end, I am an Agnostic, so I don't really care that much anymore. I simply use this as a convenient place to vent my frustrations about this whacky church. But for a church that claims they are followers of Christ, they seem to give more importance to Felix/Erano/Eduardo than they do Christ. They certainly talk about the Manalo's more than anything or anyone else.

Respond to this message   
Iam1plus1plus1
(Login Ador_De_Leon)

Interesting...

May 12 2017, 2:28 PM 

Maybe for those that still go every week, let's see how these numbers fit. I'm going to try to do this in the next few weeks. I'll report back. Anyone else want to join and see how your locale stands up?

Question, do you count the prayers or just the lesson?

Respond to this message   
Deacon646
(Login Deacon646)

I did not count the prayers and songs

May 12 2017, 5:24 PM 

Just the lessons.

Respond to this message   
hoopdedoo
(Login hoopdedoo)

the manalos

May 12 2017, 7:31 PM 

Well this weeks mid week mind washing session was all about the 131st birth anniversary of "Gods messenger in these last days" and how he an EGM and no EVM labor so for our salvation..etc..... followed by a convoluted direction that walking in the light as Christ directed meant...drumroll please! staying in the INC! and of course attending and offering and propagating and obeying the admin. How people can swallow the same crap weekly the actually go online and defend this obvious money grubbing organization.

Respond to this message   
deacon646
(Login Deacon646)

You did better than I did.

May 13 2017, 3:45 AM 

I don't even remember what the lesson was about, other than staying in the church. And I only know that because its the same one every week.

Respond to this message   
Hijo
(Login hijo7591)

Today's nothing new

May 13 2017, 12:02 PM 

How about the screaming opening prayer if you could call it a prayer.

Respond to this message   
Jose Rizal Fan
(Login 1903jose)

Why stay?

May 13 2017, 6:02 PM 

Why stay? Why not find real church that actually believe Bible? Life is short, don't waste it in INC.

Respond to this message   
Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

They are afraid their family members who are in INC will reject them, never talk to

May 14 2017, 6:22 AM 

them any more. It is this excessive shunning interpretation of several verses. It is a misunderstanding of those verses, by INC. Some other churches also have a similar misunderstanding of such verses. Just not enough understanding. Even though the Bible is really clear, we are to love everybody. So even those who leave Christianity.

Respond to this message   
Hijo
(Login hijo7591)

Imagine no religion

May 14 2017, 2:17 PM 

The world would be a better place. Especially no Manalo church.

Respond to this message   
Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

With no religion, there would be no eternal life. We would suffer, finally die and that

May 15 2017, 2:13 AM 

would be the end of it. That would be a sad end, no hope. But God wants us to have eternal life. So all who will qualify will get eternal life. So there is hope.
Of course with humanity, even if there were no God, then there would be plenty of religions. Most tribes pray to some god or gods for things like healing, good harvest, successful hunt, etc. Well, it happens that God does not answer their prayers. God answers prayers of only saved persons, the saints. So if we want our prayers answered, we need to be saved, we need to have faith and repent of our sins. All people sin, except Jesus, he never sinned. If there were no God, there would be no justice in the world. Evil people would die just like good people would die, the goodness of good people would not be rewarded, the evil of evil people would not be punished. But because of God, there is ultimate justice. In this world, people are sometimes unjustly punished. But with God, there is justice after the resurrection.
And remember, without God, there would be nobody to create the Big Bang, to create the universe. So we would not exist. But thanks to God, we exist. And thanks to him, we have the hope of eternal life.
So don't reject religion just because of sins of Christians. None of us are perfect, we have all inherited sinfulness from Adam and Eve, except Jesus. So none of us are perfect, you can't find a perfect church. But if we have faith and repent of our sins, we are saved. And if we then sin again, as we all do, we need to repent again. But when we get eternal life, we will be perfect, sinless. It will be wonderful.

Respond to this message   
deacon646
(Login Deacon646)

Religion has some positives

May 15 2017, 4:55 AM 

For example, most of the early Universities were started by various religions. While I am an Agnostic, I don't have a problem with religion as long as they don't try to force themselves on others.

Respond to this message   
Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

Yes, as long as they don't force themselves on others. What is happening in Thailand,

May 15 2017, 5:54 AM 

with Christian missionaries kidnapping children of hill tribes, with the help of prejudiced Thai police, and forcing Christianity on those children, that is a scandal.

Respond to this message   
Iam1plus1plus1
(Login Ador_De_Leon)

HOW DO YOU KNOW!!????

May 16 2017, 12:28 PM 

Man, how many times do we have to tell you. There is no proof! THE BIBLE IS NOT PROOF!

Respond to this message   
Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

So if you don't like the Bible as proof, then tell me who started the Big Bang?

May 17 2017, 9:50 AM 

It sure couldn't have started by itself. Atheists are at a loss to explain how it started.

Respond to this message   
Hijo
(Login hijo7591)

And no hell either

May 17 2017, 3:18 PM 

no hell until sweet Jesus came along as I understand

Bible is just cherry picked by religious types, take what they like and leave the rest.

Many like Felix Manalo can even see himself mentioned in there

There is just as much proof for Thor as for the God of the Bible.

You are an atheist if you don't believe in Thor

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife
and they shall be two in one flesh