<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hijo and others: A recap of my history with INC. God bless JESUS. GOD in flesh

May 27 2017 at 11:35 AM
Eric  (Login sheepfound)

Long story short

I am sure many white guys join INC

just to be with a filpina and they have no real interest in INC or any

religious belief. It is just a means to an end.

I am not in that category. I always loved reading the bible

and since day one, my goal was the hope that GOD would utilize me

and HE would use me as an instrument to open the 'spiritual" eyes and ears

of my wife and her family

It was NOT easy by no means. Any time I would ask her to watch

a you tube video like James White or Jay Smith or David Wood

there was anguish and resentment that followed

BUT it was all worth it when one day

my wife saw the " light" and began reading the bible on her own!

Now her sister and her husband have left INC

One last point

I had to STOP going to INC to be the example so to speak

so that she could see that it could be done!!

God bless and I hope this will help those still in this CULT!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
hijo
(Login hijo7591)

If I stop going its splitsville for sure

May 28 2017, 3:08 PM 

Not a bad idea, out of the cult and rid of the wife at the same time. Kill two birds with one stone. My wife will never leaveINC
Not so easy, the two boys, 20 or so years together, then again nothing unusual, marriages break up all the time, and its not as if our married life is in any state of bliss. A good dose of INC worship service is enough to kill off my enthusiasm for just about everything. It wears you down, little patches of something of not quite normal life then the constant pressure and gloom knowing another worship service is soon to be attended and there will be more likethat last one Daniel in the lion pit, almost unbearable.

Respond to this message   
John Snow
(Login TheOtherOzzy)

Re: If I stop going its splitsville for sure

May 28 2017, 7:14 PM 

I dont know how you do it, Hijo. You are a better man than me. I dont know how any member does it. The wailing, yelling, fake tears (if they are real tears then they must have a serious mental issue), visitations, turning over cards, the never ending veneration of EVM (a creepy amount of this), the demands of money and obeying the administration, blah blah blah I just know I could not do it.

There is absolutely no way any person can have a normal life being with that church. They are much too intrusive and demanding of members time. Yeah, we all know why they do it. Have to keep people occupied with the church so it makes them too busy to consider anything else. Hardcore brainwashing.

I grew up Catholic with mixed feelings. I always felt worship service was boring and too somber. I have also been to churches where it is too upbeat, if you can imagine that. When I say upbeat it's people thinking they are speaking in tongues and acting crazy. I experienced that kind of service once and needless to say, I never returned LOL

Respond to this message   
deacon646
(Login Deacon646)

Cannot speak for Hijo, but

May 28 2017, 8:43 PM 

When they ask for my time, I say no. They persist, I say no more bluntly. I can tell they aren't really use to getting told no directly, because they don't know how to respond. Some time ago, they ask me to go to some Unity games for our district. Go to service on Sunday, drive 8 hours, participate in some athletic events the next day, then drive home 8 hours to get their about 1 in the morning, and work the next day. I told them no, in no uncertain terms. They ask me why, and in fit of pique, I told them "because its dumb" Wife was mad at me for a while. Not because I said no, but because I was somewhat rude about it. But some of the things they ask of the members are just stupid.

When they say the lord will bless me if I do such and such, I just say well he is already blessing me with more than I need.

I also never give them money. My wife works, and I told her that if she wants to give to the church, she can, but until they start giving out information on how the money is spent, i am not giving them a dime. So she gives me a few bucks every worship service to drop in the plate. Most of the time I do, but occasionally I keep the money and stick it in our savings account. Or give it to a real charity.

Respond to this message   
HiJo
(Login hijo7591)

Don't know 20 years gone by

May 29 2017, 2:21 AM 

its pretty depressing, I feel pretty much a failure.

The few times I went to those upbeat religions I couldnt wait to get out either, however at least you can just walk out, not locked in like the cult.

Yeah playing guitars the singing folksy songs all about loving Jesus etc, the bag always goes around for the cash as usual. The youngish professional preacher out to build his religious empire, goes on for most of the morning.

Then the talking in tongues, Oh my gawd give me a break, the healing....

The whole of religion is just so creepy, all these people loving someone they will never see, has never said anything too them and probably never will.

Respond to this message   
Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

Yes, I tried a Pentecostal church once, and I did not like it either.

May 29 2017, 3:20 AM 

They were waving their arms up in the air the whole church service, they looked ridiculous. I did not want to do that, but I must have looked weird for not waving my arms in the air. Later I found out there is a verse telling us to wave our arms in the air, so I sometimes do it in prayer, but to do it the whole church service, that is ridiculous. I don't feel like doing that. Concerning speaking in tongues, yes, there are verses about it, so it can happen to some Christians, but the Pentecostals actually believe you don't get the Holy Spirit until you have spoken in a tongue, but that is unbiblical. And this was a church of the Church of God (Cleveland, TN), a holiness Pentecostal denomination, it turns out they actually believe in 3 experiences, one is you get saved, then after some time you can get a holiness experience and after that you don't sin again, and after that you can get the baptism of the Holy Spirit, when you speak in a tongue. It is so unbiblical. All Christians struggle with sin. And they believe that oaths are always sinful, that too is unbiblical. But they celebrate Christmas and Easter, also unbiblical. Other than that, their doctrines are generally OK. They used to be more extreme when they were founded, they believed they are the only true church.
Though some Pentecostal churches have plenty of wrong doctrines. And then there are Sacred Name Pentecostal groups, that are false gospels, they mutilate the Bible, including the book of Revelation, violating Rev. 22:18-19. All Sacred Name groups do that, whether they are Pentecostal or not. They stick the name Yahweh, or some version of that name, all over the New Testament, where it does not belong.

Respond to this message   
Deacon646
(Login Deacon646)

If I could talk my wife into leaving the Manalo church

May 30 2017, 2:13 PM 

And we could go somewhere else, I think I would probably be a Lutheran. They have a more relaxed attitude towards the Christian life which would come closer to matching what I believe. Or there is a little non denominational church that a friend of mine attends. Pastor rides a Harley to church, and tells the congregation that alcohol is ok as long as you are not breaking local laws. I could live with those rules.

Respond to this message   
Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

Not all Lutherans are the same. Some don't believe in the inerrancy of the Bible,

May 31 2017, 4:28 PM 

so when they don't believe in the inerrancy of the book of Revelation, then they are in violation of Rev. 22:18-19, so they are unsaved. So when checking out a Lutheran church, you need to check out what the pastor believes, especially if it is a church belonging to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, at least if you live in America. In other countries they also have some Lutheran denomination that tolerates such heresy.
I tried a Lutheran church once, and it turned out they had a huge statue of crucified Christ in the front. So then when I prayed, I faced another direction, so I would not be facing that idol. I did not know Lutherans allow such idolatry, it is sad. Though it does not prove they are unsaved, they are doing it for the Lord, Romans 14, so if saved, they are forgiven.
You mention alcohol, the Bible does not condemn drinking alcohol, but it condemns getting drunk. So clearly drinking in excess is a sin. Lutherans mostly agree with me on this. Certainly Martin Luther did.
Anyway, if you check out a congregation belonging to the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, or the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, you will be surely safe from the heresy condemned in Rev. 22:18-19. But in traditionally Lutheran countries, like the Lutheran parts of Germany, or the Scandinavian countries, one has to be very careful, that particular heresy is very common there.

Respond to this message   
deacon646
(Login Deacon646)

Yet another reason to be a Lutheran.

May 31 2017, 9:00 PM 

They are realistic.

Respond to this message   
Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

Some are saved, but some are unsaved, attending false gospel Lutheran churches.

June 2 2017, 5:34 AM 

So one needs to be careful.

Respond to this message   
Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

How about just daydreaming during worship service and not listen to all that adoration of

May 29 2017, 3:33 AM 

EVM? There are worse things that can be endured. When I was a child, we lived in a communist ruled country. So there was all this propaganda in the media, it was all over the place. And on May 1st we had to march to the central square and pretend to be enthusiastic. And my parents and other Czechs had to go vote at election time and vote for the Communists, so they would not get in trouble. So OK, we escaped in 1968, but most Czechs remained in this country and endured all that. So there are worse things to endure than just unpleasant worship services. After all, you are doing it to continue living with your boys, so it can be worth it. Our parents even had to endure WWII, and the German occupation. So compared to that, enduring unpleasant worship services does not seem so bad. And I would recommend reading the Bible, there is salvation through the book. And meanwhile be loving to your wife, no matter what she does to you. The Bible tells husbands to love their wives. So the thing is to forgive when she hurts you and be loving to her anyway. This way you can both keep bringing up your boys together, that would be wonderful.

Respond to this message   
Hijo
(Login hijo7591)

Thanks Tomas

May 29 2017, 4:03 AM 

Have been doing that I guess for 20 years. Ok perhaps I can endure as it's not as big an ordeal compared to many, thanks for reminding me. I must say you seem to be an honest believer, a christian person. I can't say I have much belief other than there is some cause for this world other than blind chance.

Respond to this message   
Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

Wow, disillusioned with INC for already 20 years? It was quite normal under Erano,

May 29 2017, 8:07 AM 

he was normally never mentioned during worship services. I spent about a couple of years going to worship services when Erano led it. It was quite OK. I never actually joined INC, I did not agree with every doctrine, but it was a worthy church to attend. Though later I moved some distance away, so I started attending another church.
But from what I have read on this forum, worship services have deteriorated under EVM.

Respond to this message   
HiJo
(Login hijo7591)

Always was bad and always will be

May 29 2017, 10:39 AM 

People are dreaming if they think it was any better prior to Manalo#3

It always was a scam and a load of baloney from the start.

I knew what it was within 5 minutes of the very first time I attended 20 years ago,and that is a cult that is only interested in how much they can bleed out of the gullible members.

Nothing much has changed in 20 years except maybe more obviously money hungry and more exposed by the WWW

The basic lesson dressed up a little different each week is always -

INC the only true church
Never leave INC or go to hell
Obey the administration or go to hell
Offerings Offerings Offerings

Why not, if it aint broke dont fix it. Manalo#3 and his ganster mates inherited a great big church business scam and doesnt want to share with siblings thus the disputes

Respond to this message   
Eric
(Login sheepfound)

HIJO: My wife and I read the bible daily. You dont NEED to be in any RELIGION

May 29 2017, 8:59 PM 

I am hoping that you can see that

I have not told you to join any OTHER

religious organization

The BIBLE is the AUTHORITY

and if it is in God's GOOD pleasure

HE will guide anyone to HIS WORD

Would it be nice for my wife and I to attend

somewhere with like-minded BIBLE-believing persons?

Sure: But we aren't going to be despaired

if we dont

READ the bible to your children as OFTEN as you can

God bless you and your family!

Respond to this message   
Hijo
(Login hijo7591)

Agree I think nature is where God can be found for me in such things as

May 30 2017, 10:51 AM 

An amazing creature, birds in flight, a pet dog, baby's smile, all these things that make life worth experiencing I reckon are the exact opposite of the Manalo cult which does its best to suck the life out of the members not to mention time and their main goal the money.

I will try the bible reading again, last time my wife more or less said I couldn't come I am not a minister. Last time I started at genesis. This time I will start in Acts working towards 20'28 not Lama.
Thanks Eric

Respond to this message   
Hoopdedoo
(Login hoopdedoo)

Bible

May 30 2017, 11:00 AM 

Start with Mathew or john.

Respond to this message   
Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

Yes, I started with Matthew. I read the New Testament long before I read all of

May 31 2017, 4:37 PM 

the Old Testament. The Old Testament is wonderful too, but some parts are frankly boring, like the lists of people. One sees a little bit of it also in the genealogies in Matthew and Luke, but they are shorter, especially the one in Matthew, so once you get over the genealogies, you get the interesting parts.

Respond to this message   
john 5:39
(Login almario38)

Re: HIJO: My wife and I read the bible daily. You dont NEED to be in any RELIGION

May 30 2017, 4:30 PM 

john 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have
eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

phil 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as
in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out
your own salvation with fear and trembling.

mt 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name,
there am I in the midst of them.

isaiah 52:3 For thus saith the LORD, Ye have sold yourselves
for nought; and ye shall be redeemed without money .

Respond to this message   
Tomas
(Login TomasSedlacek)

HiJo, then why did you join if you thought from the beginning it was a scam?

May 31 2017, 4:30 PM 

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife
and they shall be two in one flesh