Return to Index  

Looking for Jarheads who I served with at Camp Pendleton

November 26 2010 at 11:44 PM
No score for this post
Louis G. Dubost, Jr.  (Login USMCSGT52)
from IP address 70.16.152.10

I was stationed with the Disbursing Office at Staging Regiment, Camp Pendleton, CA. at the end of the Korean Conflict June 1953 until July 1954. Major H. Tupper was the Disbursing Officer, and I served with Glen Cooper, MSgt. Staging Regiment was later moved to Tent Camp II. I served there until August 3, 1954, and was transferred to Marine Corps Base, Camp Pendleton, CA. where Major Tupper was then serving as the Disbursing Officer. While at Marine Corps Base I was attached to H.& S. Co. Capt. Burkett was the C.O. I was in charge of the discharge section for enlisted men at the Disbursing Office. I also served as an instructor at H.& S. Co., and was in the Marine Corps Base Honor Guard under Lt. Gaughn. I recall standing two honor guards; one for the Commandant General Lemuel Shepherd, and the other for the Chief of Naval Operations, Admiral Arleigh Burke.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Gunny G's Archives
Articles, Stories, Etc.