Bertholy and single axisAugust 17 2008 at 2:29 PM
|Remington (Login Berettaii)|
Response to Re: Original NG
Herbert, I would, certainly, consider Bertholy, if I was swinging CG. However, I think Bertholy moves run contrary to single axis swinging.
Primarily, the, "catching raindrops" with the left hand. That is motion that starts well near the top of the swing, and is the antithesis of single axis golf. It's why I don't like the idea of 2.5 for single axis players...it's a close idea but no cigar.
Moe's swing happens behind the ball (way behind in some cases), back where is head is, and the hands pass the body.
I don't know what I will do about distance. 220 is a big drive for me now, and I, regularly, hit 210. What the hell, I am 66, and I hit dead straight, and am playing some of the best golf of my life so I can't really complain. Plus, I play on a pretty soft, well-watered course.
We shall see what happens this year. I am going to try and get down to Florida in the winter this year, and, perhaps, I will mess with Bertholy at that time. Never say never.
- Benchmarks - Herbert on Aug 18, 2008, 12:57 AM
- Re: Bertholy and single axis - Paul on Aug 18, 2008, 7:29 AM
- If it makes you feel any better - Remington on Aug 18, 2008, 11:23 AM
- It does somewhat - Paul on Aug 18, 2008, 8:53 PM
- Re-feel better - rofox on Aug 19, 2008, 4:07 PM
- Driver n/t - Remington on Aug 20, 2008, 9:51 AM
- Re-Driver - rofox on Aug 20, 2008, 5:28 PM
- Hey Ron - Herbert on Aug 21, 2008, 10:37 AM
- Change - rofox on Aug 21, 2008, 9:19 PM
- Do you play from the geezer tees? - Swing Like Moe on Aug 19, 2008, 11:03 PM