Return to Index  

Bertholy and single axis

August 17 2008 at 2:29 PM
Remington  (Login Berettaii)

Response to Re: Original NG

Herbert, I would, certainly, consider Bertholy, if I was swinging CG. However, I think Bertholy moves run contrary to single axis swinging.

Primarily, the, "catching raindrops" with the left hand. That is motion that starts well near the top of the swing, and is the antithesis of single axis golf. It's why I don't like the idea of 2.5 for single axis players...it's a close idea but no cigar.

Moe's swing happens behind the ball (way behind in some cases), back where is head is, and the hands pass the body.

I don't know what I will do about distance. 220 is a big drive for me now, and I, regularly, hit 210. What the hell, I am 66, and I hit dead straight, and am playing some of the best golf of my life so I can't really complain. Plus, I play on a pretty soft, well-watered course.

We shall see what happens this year. I am going to try and get down to Florida in the winter this year, and, perhaps, I will mess with Bertholy at that time. Never say never.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement