Return to Index  

Hit Impulse

August 18 2008 at 7:10 PM
Tom  (Login Roverii)

Response to Re: Master Move to Master Position

As I recall, Handy said that it was "the damxed ball" that caused him to flinch, or as Bertholy would say to reactively engage a "hit impulse". Handy said that he could swipe through a field of daisies without a problem but that as soon as a golf ball appeared somehow he became traumatized. So, Handy tried to find a way to swing at a golf ball just like he swung at daisies. Apparently he succeeded, but I think he ended up with a less than powerful swing and that he had to use the same pace all the time. Please correct me if I have mis-spoken about Mr. Handy or his method - it's been a long time since I read his books.

As for Redmond, if your arms remain as passive as you say they do, then its no wonder that your Redmond swing lacks authority. Bertholy does not teach passive arms. I will grant you though that if your arms and hands are "dead" then you can't have a "hit impulse". I think that any swing theory that uses the hands and/or arms actively at all must find a way to deal with the "hit impulse".

Tom

Respond to this message   
Responses