Return to Index  

Re-Driver

August 20 2008 at 5:28 PM
rofox  (Login rofox)

Response to Driver n/t

Remington..
Talking Averages,, what would you think the total Driver distance would be with the 165 yrd carry and then the roll..
My total distance on a good hit is 200 / 210 yrds.
And I still feel my longest drives are with a Simple Golf grip..
Although I am using an IMA style grip and action in the swing at this time.
I may go back to Simple Golf grip (3 o'clock strong) and use the straighter, longer shots it gives me for the driver.. Ignoring the sometimes pulls I get with that method..
Also, for anyone that may have a rotation/sway issue in their swing, Check out the Bobby Shave website www.GolfwithMehlhorn.com.. The Grass Whip has really made a big difference for me.. I ordered his book and DVD's and today I wasn't that happy with my Irons and Driver Distance.. I tried the Simple Golf Grip with it and probably picked up 20 yards and had one bad pull, but the rest were straighter and longer than normal.. I think in his DVD's I learned more good things about the swing than I've seen anyone else teach in 7 years of studying different methods.. The book thats with the DVD's is "Golf Secrets Exposed" Someone on the Forum a few days ago mentioned the site.
Bobby is quite an easy guy to talk to.. Great DVD's and Great Book..
Hope this helps him and anyone still struggling with their swing.
By the way-- I do use IMA single axis grip with it.. And as I found out today, the Simple Golf grip works maybe even better, if you can use that grip in your swing.. Sorry this is so long.. but maybe helpful to someone..check it out.
I am not associated with his Business in any way..just a happy customer..
Ron rofox

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Hey Ron - Herbert on Aug 21, 2008, 10:37 AM
    • Change - rofox on Aug 21, 2008, 9:19 PM