Return to Index  

Same lie angle?

November 14 2008 at 11:21 AM
Remington  (Login Berettaii)

I was reading something, recently, by Mark Evershed, who noticed that Moe's clubs (irons) all have the same upright lie, i.e., the degree of bend between the shaft and clubhead. The uniform lie allows Moe to place every club at the same angle, which means that he is the same distance from the ball every time.

Evershed: "With conventional clubs, our visual centre changes for each club because of the different lies, but Moe's visual center stays constant.

AFter all these years, I never knew this!! I have always sought an explantion as to how he can swing all of his clubs to impact in the same number of frames, and this idea would explain that....at least I think it would.

In addition, he ground the bottoms of his clubs flat, taking out the first groove....man that's a lot of weight...no wonder he loaded up with lead tape.

If I am reading this, correctly, Moe is choosing a distance from the ball (to make it uniform), like with six iron (I'm making that up), and then bending his 3 iron way up, and his 9 iron down in order to get them to lay flat to the ground at the six iron distance from the ball?

Anybody want to comment on this? I find this hard to believe!! Sounds logical.

Respond to this message   
Responses